Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,847 members, 7,838,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Osun Students Appear In Church Garments - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Students Appear In Church Garments (62546 Views)

Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils / Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments / Commotion In Osun School As Students Appear In Church Robes And Hijabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by nellyelitz(m): 12:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
Schooling in Osun is fun grin
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by jhidey08(m): 12:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
bukster:

Hijab may be part of the dressing of a Muslim woman but it is not part of the dressing of a Muslim girl. Hijab is a personal decision that should be made when girls hit puberty and not forced unto girls as young as 4 by their parents.
this is the most insanely idiotic thing I've read on Nairaland this year, what happened to d idea of building a good foundation, if u don't teach ur child how to dress modestly when she's small is it when she grows in2 an adult they'll teach her? Ur parents should have allowed u to reach puberty stage b4 allowing u to decide whether u'll go to school or not.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by lukman885(m): 12:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
Religion is the problem of this world. things would have been better without religion ....jos Crisis, kd, Arab middle blt ...every shit won't HV bn hppnin.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by nellyelitz(m): 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
jhidey08:
this is the most insanely idiotic thing I've read on Nairaland this year, what happened to d idea of building a good foundation, if u don't teach ur child how to dress modestly when she's small is it when she grows in2 an adult they'll teach her? Ur parents should have allowed u to reach puberty stage b4 allowing u to decide whether u'll go to school or not.
so being a ninja is a modest way of dressing abeg u did this to u?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
jhidey08:
look clearly, u'll observe that every single Hijab there is white, they wear the same colour of Hijab. But such cannot b said about those wearing robes. The question is, does an average Christian girl wear Robes as part of her normal day dressing? D answer is NO, but if u see 1000girls today wearing Hijab, u don't need to b told that they're Muslims. Why are we intolerant when it comes to religion in this country.
I am a very religious person and a respecter of other peoples. Just as Romans 12:18 admonishes us to try and live in peace with everyone you must not enforce people to tolerate your religion.
Save your sermon for the mosque. Enforce the use of Hijab in the mosque. undecided School is not a religious institution. for peace sake!

4 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by 4tune490(m): 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
Somebody dey para. cheesy
Alokendra:

God bless you.

@Topic:

Why are you Yoruba Muslims like this for God sake?

I'm starting to fvcking hate you guys!

Why would any sane Yoruba favor his religion at the detriment of Yoruba unity.

y'all Yoruba Muslims should go and die! Nonsense!

Few years to come, y'all would start slaughtering us rams and cows, bomb us like the extremist and terrorists that y'all are. I don't hate you, but I fvcking hate your religion. And if you're blinded by your religion, then fvck u
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Guyman02: 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
jhidey08:

You followers of imported Arab religion think that it is superior to rationing thinking?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Walelavender(m): 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
So unfortunate Aregbe could stoop so low to play the religious card. This ain't surprising anyway. He has been pulling the stunts for long. Fundamental human right my foot. Show me the part of the government approved/designed uniform that promotes nudity. This is an educational institution for crying out loud in missionary schools.

These wards are expected to learn how to become the future leaders of tomorrow with effective tools at their disposal, but that may not come to play as religious bigotry is starring them in the eyes.
It has never being this hot and controversial when it comes to the issue of religious intolerance in Osun state. This is what my Ijesha pal has to offer.
#simiroborebe
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by maclatunji: 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
They will get tired. Hijab is part of a Muslim woman's dressing. Choir robes are not part of a Christian's normal dressing. However, they are free to display their lack of understanding and inability to stick to their religious teachings while we Muslims practise ours.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by mikki123(m): 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
Others should join
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by nkemjacob2(m): 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
Indirect islamization
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by SuperS1Panther: 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
d61073:

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director, 
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

Is this not the useless Prof they asked about the woman that was killed in Kano and he said he was not aware, as if the woman is not a human being that blood and water flow through her veins?

Prof He-Goat or Whatever you are bearing, muslim children have the right to wear whatever they like to school, according to Justice Falola's ruling.

By extension, all other faiths have the same right to wear whatever they wish to school, in as much as it is their fundamental human right, as entrenched in the same constitution you based that of your children on.

All other faiths should also protect their fundamental right by sending their children to school in palm fronds, sutana, fila segun, choir robe, dripping blood of chicken, sacrifice etc.

If I may ask, what exactly is the business of this He-Goat Prof and MURIC with whatever other faiths decide to wear to school? Do you think it is only Xtian and Islamic religion that are in this country?

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by maclatunji: 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
A lot whiners, haters and criers on this thread.

Has me smiling tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by ybalogs(m): 12:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
State of a Nation. God we seek thee. Sanity is fast approaching extinction in Naija. Hmmmm
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Ahmeduana(m): 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
madridguy:
Aregbesola will remain the useless governor Osun has ever produced. Is HIJAB our problem? You failed to pay salary yet you want to cause war in the State. I hope my Muslims brothers and sister will disown Aregbe with his useless step, both the Muslims and the Christian are hungry and the only thing you can thing of is legalizing HIJAB.

I urge the Sango, Esu, Ailala, Obatala, Osun worshipers too to go to school with their deties attires.
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I WILL READ YOUR COMMENT AND I WILL BE ON THE SAME PAGE WITH YOU.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by mikki123(m): 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
[quote author=maclatunji post=46564257]They will get tired. Hijab is part of a Muslim woman's dressing. Choir robes are not part of a Christian's normal dressing. However, they are free to display their lack of understanding and inability to stick to their religious teachings while we Muslims practise ours.

Hijab is not part of Muslim woman dressing.. Don't mix covering of hair with hijab wearing.
How many times have you seen Aisha and Zehra in Hijab?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by koded123(m): 1:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
This naija is nw turnin into another thing else nw,may God have mercy on us.hw i wish our righteous before God is as high as we value our individual religions.even d judge did not help matter.'re there no muslim female navy,army,policewomen.hw may of them but on hijab on there uniform or the judge has 4gotten dat 'uniform' is a short word for 'unity form'i.e they must al be in unity form irrespective of religion.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by olaomoola1(m): 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
D judge has been bribe if not he should conclude on d base that whatever government provides as uniform should b d ultimate. Y ruling in favor of hijab and u expect other religion to keep mute?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by banme1(m): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

All of you castigating Muslims in this issue are ignorant and as usual are blinded by hate for a governor and his party instead of analysing matters objectively.

The intolerance of osun Christians caused all this. Everyone knows that hijab is part of the dressings of a Muslim woman ,just like it is expected that Christian women cover their hair instead of this unnecessary show of shame by the osun Baptist they can enforce covering of hair by Christian women instead of asking them to wear choir robe to school. Is choir robe part of Christian dress?
Government school belong to everyone Muslim Christian traditionalists and as such no one can deny any student the right to dress properly .The worst those Christians can do is reclaim the schools back from government or create new ones for Christians only.
Have any of you noticed the similarity between hijab and what Catholic nuns wear?
u mean nuns in secondary school? U well so
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Kingspin(m): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
Islam takes everything as religion. They fail to welcome reality. If ph. Mohammad peace be upon his name is with us today he would have change so many things for them. Look at what they turned Osun.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by lukency(m): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
Its high time we explore the full provisions of our constitution and learn to telorate one another.The constitution that governs our coperate existence also guaranteed freedom of religion.The freedom of religion refered to is not limited to worship in church, mosques and shrines but also include the freedom to adhere freely and strictly to the dictates,codes and ethics of our choosen faith.If my choosen faith permits nudity,I dont see the reason why another person or group of pple from different faith should opose it.Instead of the opposition they should come up with their own religious equivalent the way the christians in Osun did and if there is none they should remain silent and face their own religion in the interest peace and respect for one another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Ephemmm: 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
[s]
louqas:

All of you castigating Muslims in this issue are ignorant and as usual are blinded by hate for a governor and his party instead of analysing matters objectively.

The intolerance of osun Christians caused all this. Everyone knows that hijab is part of the dressings of a Muslim woman ,just like it is expected that Christian women cover their hair instead of this unnecessary show of shame by the osun Baptist they can enforce covering of hair by Christian women instead of asking them to wear choir robe to school. Is choir robe part of Christian dress?
Government school belong to everyone Muslim Christian traditionalists and as such no one can deny any student the right to dress properly .The worst those Christians can do is reclaim the schools back from government or create new ones for Christians only.
Have any of you noticed the similarity between hijab and what Catholic nuns wear?
[/s]

Can you please describe what 'school uniform' means?

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by mikeapollo: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
CandyDiamond:
confusion in school, different colors of Hijab and Church robes, what a backward state shocked shocked shocked shocked

It all boils down to a useless, backward and religious fanatic of a governor!
I schooled in Osun State. Everything had been peaceful until the useless Aregbesola introduced Hijab to schools. He started all these nonsense!
How I wish this happened during my time. I would have put on egungun mask and regalia to school.

Foolish governor!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ephemmm:
[s][/s]

Can you please describe what 'school uniform' means?

Does your bible ask you to dress in choir robes?

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
banme1:
u mean nuns in secondary school? U well so

If you don't have anything to say stay off my mention

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by LizBae(f): 1:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lol just passing, join me in IG @lizzyclear make we dey c things together
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 1:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
Guyman02:

Yes, in a Muslim owned schools not public schools; it is Muslims who are intolerant with people who are ready to behead an ignorant Christian for blasphemy, what if a girl comes to school bra-less as in some cultures.

I am afraid that a Muslim mass shooter can enter a school and it will be easy to now sort out Muslims and non Muslims in a class for execution

All public schools belong to the public, the missionaries lost the ownership the moment they handed over the schools to the government after being compensated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by AbuTwins: 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
[/b]Sometimes i wonder y some of us are so bias. The Uniform structure was made in line with christianity in the first place. well, If its muslims doing this, they will be called names. Now its CAN, no name[b].[/color] Fear of sitting with a girl/lady in Hijab= Islamophobia.[color=#990000]

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by bukster(f): 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
jhidey08:
You can teach your child modest dressing without forcing them to wear a hijab. It is only in Nigeria where you see two year old girls wearing hijabs. This is caused by illiteracy and ignorance. Too many people do not understand their own religion.
Even in Saudi Arabia and the rest of the middle east, young girls do not wear hijab until they hit puberty.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Ephemmm: 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

Does your bible ask you to dress in choir robes?

Does the quran ask you to eat ponmo, Amala, akpu, use phone/cooking gas, browse on whatsapp and facebook, board plane or browse on nairaland?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos / The New Means Students Use In Cheating During Exams (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.