Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,496 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Osun Students Appear In Church Garments - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Students Appear In Church Garments (62543 Views)

Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils / Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments / Commotion In Osun School As Students Appear In Church Robes And Hijabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
BetaThings:

Your hating amounts to nothing - it does not hurt us because it is based on ignorance
And I don't blaming you for using such words
You are a Christian and you are allowed to say anything
That is not so in Islam

Did the fathers of Michael Otedola, Pastor bakare, Ashimolowo etc derive joy in wrapping bombs?
Or is Dangote doing so

Only an ignorant Christian will laugh at Muslims on a matter of violence
Christians have a bloodier history than any religion. THAT IS A FACT
And Christian countries are still terrorising people while you claim to be peace-loving!
I'm an agnostic for your info. However, I'll pick my ever loving, peaceful, tolerant christian brothers over a bomb wrapping, suicide bomber Muslim brothers. A peaceful religion needs not to shout. it is obvious. We know the religion that has been in the news fie every wrong reasons. We know those who fight laboriously to shove their religion down our throat. We know those fighting tirelessly to convince people that their religion is peaceful.

Yeye religion. I'm a Yoruba FYI. I used to think you Muslims are sane, but I was wrong

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Olushauneddy(m): 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
This is the main reason why I won't regret calling Aregbesola " A Fanatic, An Extremist or Boko-Haram Follower

There are Religion Institutions and Educational Institutions...Let the ethics of both institutions remain in their institution. So that there won't be confusion in the state that belong to all faiths

Aregbesola and the Jugde are not worth being at the helms of the state affairs for whatsoever reason anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 1:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
codemaniacs:

Does dressing have anything to do with decency

Haven't girls in hijab bombed places in Nigeria

What is your problem with how LADIES dress

300 years ago many Africans exposed their bodies even till date many African tribes still bare their chests.

Stop saying rubbish.

That is the INTOLERANCE Im talking about ,if Muslims decide to cover themselves up in hijab in a public school why are the chritians pained?

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by babajeje123(m): 1:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

All of you castigating Muslims in this issue are ignorant and as usual are blinded by hate for a governor and his party instead of analysing matters objectively.

The intolerance of osun Christians caused all this. Everyone knows that hijab is part of the dressings of a Muslim woman ,just like it is expected that Christian women cover their hair instead of this unnecessary show of shame by the osun Baptist they can enforce covering of hair by Christian women instead of asking them to wear choir robe to school. Is choir robe part of Christian dress?
Government school belong to everyone Muslim Christian traditionalists and as such no one can deny any student the right to dress properly .The worst those Christians can do is reclaim the schools back from government or create new ones for Christians only.
Have any of you noticed the similarity between hijab and what Catholic nuns wear?
This is so wrong my brother. Did you check the name of the school at all? It is a Baptist school before it was forcefully taken over by the Government. How will you feel if a Pastor is asked to come and preach on the assembly of a muslim named school?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 1:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Your life is in shambles. Why are you still alive if most Muslims are that way?

People with stinking behaviour be feeling like saints cos they are Christians
Biatch terrorist be go!
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by feminaxe(f): 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
stupid government

Stupid system

stupid people

nonsense

I know sum posters will say I sound frustrated

e no reach?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by jhidey08(m): 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
bukster:

You can teach your child modest dressing without forcing them to wear a hijab. It is only in Nigeria where you see two year old girls wearing hijabs. This is caused by illiteracy and ignorance. Too many people do not understand their own religion.
Even in Saudi Arabia and the rest of the middle east, young girls do not wear hijab until they hit puberty.
are u for real? Illiteracy and ignorance u said! Muslims are not following Saudi Arabians, D Holy Book is our guide.
I'm still baffled with the points u're coming up with. D only thing I admire about ur post is that u're not insultive. But kai, ur points don't add up. Pls try and read about Islam and b informed.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
babajeje123:

This is so wrong my brother. Did you check the name of the school at all? It is a Baptist school before it was forcefully taken over by the Government. How will you feel if a Pastor is asked to come and preach on the assembly of a muslim named school?

Maybe you should do your research well. It was not forcefully taken over by government compensations were paid and there was a law to that effect. Are you saying there are no private Christian schools that don't admit Muslims and vice versa?

3 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by tomzman: 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
The judiciary keeps shaming itself day in day out. Even though freedom of religion is guaranteed in the constitution, the same constitution declares Nigeria as a secular state.

Maybe the judge should have ordered the Muslims in the Army, Navy and others to start using hijab on their uniform. The school is a formal environment, not a religious one. Going by the judge's ruling, students attending white garment churches would now be able to at least put on their caps on the school uniform, students following the traditional religion can adorn their uniforms with palm fronds, charms and other embellishments because it's part of their fundamental right. The judge should be tested for weed sniffing.

It seems Islam especially in Nigeria is being used to promote irrationality and enslave the thinking of the poor cos I wonder why one rarely sees children of people like Buhari, Atiku, Indimi and other rich muslim men on hijab.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by babajeje123(m): 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

That is the INTOLERANCE Im talking about ,if Muslims decide to cover themselves up in hijab in a public school why are the chritians pained?
They can bury themselves up in whatsoever for all I care. But not in a Christian school. You guys have a way of making others uncomfortable with your religion. Eyin na ni nigbogbo igba bi ekun apomoje

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by codemaniacs: 1:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
K

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by HaneefahRN(f): 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alokendra:

Biatch terrorist be go!

See the Christ-like person.

Hypocrite

I can boldly say it anywhere your attitude and relation with people can stand near mine.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
babajeje123:

They can bury themselves up in whatsoever for all I care. But not in a Christian school. You guys have a way of making others uncomfortable with your religion. Eyin na ni nigbogbo igba bi ekun apomoje

It's a public school and not a Christian school get that into your head.. learn to behave like a Christian and make tolerance your watchword.
It's only Christians that put up posts like "lamori is islamizing his state " " tamedu will islamize the country " that is to show that probably you have lost it

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by yazach: 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
bukhakhakhakha

Give the one week, they will soon get tired or the children turn their backs to them.

we can now see the religion of violence

they even go to the school to cause commotion

I hope people see what am seeing "a school at iwo" is only a sensible people that will figure out their motives

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by akinsdotman(m): 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
We have co-habited together as families, friends, & even as husbands and wives in SW before AREGBESOLA came to make nuisance of the age-long religious peace inherited from our progenitors and first sojourners.

****ODU'A must rise up to make sure the height of Islamic extremism, as well as imposition in any form of colouration and disguise should not cross to this side of the Niger, rather we should remain descent followers and tolerant progressives as we have always been since ages****

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. *****It is the opium of the people*****" --- KARL MAX

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
jhidey08:
talk is cheap, a "respecter" of other people's religion would nt come out and fault Muslim girls wearing Hijab 2 school. Children spend most of their tym in school, more tym than dey spend with their parents infact, except on Holidays. Don't u think if they get used 2d lifestyle dey lead in school, it shapes them for the future. [/b]That's y it is called Basic Education. Pls try and see things from my point of view, the parents wants dem to b religiously upright and also have knowledge of Western Education, and this is the best way 2 achieve that. Jst take a cue from our brothers up North, most of their children don't go to school, that's y u see most of dem turning 2 Wot dey are 2day. Look at d Kano incident and Kaduna.
My brother you and other parents should worry about the inward look not outward.
Teachers are meant to mode these children positively.
I am sorry to say this SOME Muslims like courting trouble.
Most children stay in school officially from 8-2 or 3pm which is about 5-6hours out of 24hours angry
[b]After that if you wish tell their lesson teacher or while they are at home to wear it all through.

I mean if Christians wear scarf and Muslims wear Hijab then what is the place of our religious bodies.
Back in those days when we were in school, the headteacher or headmistress as it is called then will tell everyone not to wear anything on their body be it any form of rosary or charm.
This is to avoid discrimination. Everybody sees each other as one and it was cool. cool
It was very peaceful back then but what do we have now?
Nigeria is a secular state let us stop looking for trouble where there is none.
Let's apply wisdom and may the Almighty see Us through.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by rhektor(m): 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
This Aregbesola has seen that he had failed the Osun people he wants to create a political tension through religion so as to have sympathyzers among the gullible people of Osun. If they what is good for them they should reject Aregbesola.
I don't want to believe that Muslims would be that stupid to accept this if they do it means Islam isn't the region of peace that they purpot it is.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by codemaniacs: 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
K
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Malawian(m): 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
honestly, one really needs to go to osun for a week, cure his HBP and find his way home.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by babajeje123(m): 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

Maybe you should do your research well. It was not forcefully taken over by government compensations were paid and there was a law to that effect. Are you saying there are no private Christian schools that don't admit Muslims and vice versa?
Asking students to wear hijab in a Christian named public school is stepping beyond one's boundary. I used to work in a school owned by a muslim. There was a day when a muslim parent came to lobby for the introduction of hijab. She spoke vehemently against how assemblies were conducted in only in Christian way. The man right there refuted the introduction of hijab. The reason he gave was that it is not part of their uniform. So friend, hijab has never been part of most schools in Osun. Its introduction now is nothing but just to create enmity between Osun residence. I see war in Osun in a short while if care is not taken.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
codemaniacs:

They want to be able to differentiate non-
muslim female students from muslim female
students.. This is the beginning of something
against non-muslim girls and women in osun.

Christians are not pained... Many people don't like involving religion with things... If not for christians there will be no education in Nigeria.
Why are LADIES always the target

Were the early Christians that brought education differentiating between Christian Muslims or traditional religion before admitting kids?
as for ladies being the target is a topic for another day ,the simplest answer I can give you is that Muslims place more premium on their women and girls than Christians
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by benELOHIM7(m): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
The notion is that some people are above the law. Their is little assimilation under such condition
ademoladeji:
There should be equity is dealing with human being in a secular state. Let the Muslims put on their Hijab on their uniform, the christians put on their choir robe on their uniform and the trados tie their palm leaf over their uniform... All these won't increase the intelligence of the pupils. What really matters is what you have in your brain.

Some peeps below has started throwing jabs at states and religion... #smh
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by montezz(f): 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
mikeapollo:

It all boils down to a useless, backward and religious fanatic of a governor!
I schooled in Osun State. Everything had been peaceful until the useless Aregbesola introduced Hijab to schools. He started all these nonsense!
How I wish this happened during my time. I would have put on egungun mask and regalia to school.

Foolish governor!
I posted here sometimes ago that the he-goat has buried all that is left of western education in the state and some idiots crawled outta dis caves to attack me. My alma mata {St. Margaret's Girls schl} has been turned into the something else thanks to that big fool. Aregbesola is a disgrace to all Ijesha people. Omo ale jatijati.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by tomzman: 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

No and that is beside the question I asked you. What I'm saying is CAN erred by saying students should go to school in CHOIR ROBES. instead of asking them to dress properly like a good Christian woman by for instance wearing head scrafs to school
So what is the function of the beret which is part of the school uniform for girls?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by BetaThings: 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alokendra:

God bless you.

Why are you Yoruba Muslims like this for God sake?
Why would any sane Yoruba favor his religion at the detriment of Yoruba unity.

UNITY?
Do you know Yoruba History
Before Aregbesola - it was Oyinlola and Erelu Obada - Christian- Christian
Did you know that? Did Muslims shout

In 1979
Ondo - Ajasin/Omoboriowo - Christian/Christian
Ogun - Onabanjo/Soluade - Christian/Christian
Oyo - Ige/Afolabi - Christian/Christian
Lagos - Jakande/Jafojo - Muslim/Muslim
Presidency - Awo/Philip Umeadi - Christian/Christian

These were the people Yorubas voted for in 1979
Who has shown more tolerance?

Before 2011, no Muslim had ever been elected a Governor in Ogun
And the Muslims did not shout it is our turn
And they would have voted a Christians if he had been presented by ACN

in 2015, Christians said it was their turn in Lagos State,
did you hate the Christians then

Has there been anything that Christians wanted that Muslims had ever opposed?

Alokendra:

I'm starting to fvcking hate you guys!

y'all Yoruba Muslims should go and die! Nonsense!

And this is evidence of tolerance and unity?
Prior to the National Conference organised by Jonathan, there was a meeting by Yoruba "leaders"
There were 15 people present, at least 12 of them were Christians with 3 of them being pastors
Will Christians tolerate that?

Alokendra:

Few years to come, y'all would start slaughtering us rams and cows, bomb us like the extremist and terrorists that y'all are. I don't hate you, but I fvcking hate your religion. And if you're blinded by your religion, then fvck u
Christians have been more blinded by religion than Muslims
It shows in your posts

Yoruba Christians who have lived in peace with Muslims are the first to abuse Muslims
Have Muslims ever attacked you?
Have Muslims ever abused you?

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by babajeje123(m): 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

It's a public school and not a Christian school get that into your head.. learn to behave like a Christian and make tolerance your watchword.
It's only Christians that put up posts like "lamori is islamizing his state " " tamedu will islamize the country " that is to show that probably you have lost it
I wish you are intelligent enough to argue your point without being insultive. The aforementioned school is a Christian named school. That is the school identity. And yes, thank you for advising me to be Christ-like. How I wish I could advice you to be Muhammad-like. Christians will definite talk if activities of any leader tend to islamize the country. You goirself know that that is the ultimate goals of you guys
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by codemaniacs: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
K
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by HaneefahRN(f): 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
codemaniacs:

The poor are always their target. Most of the politicians that support this don't have their children in these schools.

louqas, HaneefahRN and others will continue thinking with their muslim mentality even if its the poor that is been targeted.

Very inconsiderate set of people.

Are whose target? Always with the paranoia.

Do those people that go to white garment churches even wear those cloths after then in their homes, parties or wherever? A female muslim uses her hijab everywhere. But if they want to wear their robes too, no problem.

Please, cry me a river.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by BetaThings: 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
babajeje123:

Asking students to wear hijab in a Christian named public school is stepping beyond one's boundary. I used to work in a school owned by a muslim. There was a day when a muslim parent came to lobby for the introduction of hijab. She spoke vehemently against how assemblies were conducted in only in Christian way. The man right there refuted the introduction of hijab. The reason he gave was that it is not part of their uniform. So friend, hijab has never been part of most schools in Osun. Its introduction now is nothing but just to create enmity between Osun residence. I see war in Osun in a short while if care is not taken.

But Muslim girls wear Hijab in the North and that has not led to war

If you believe in peace, you let your neighbours be
Muslims have never opposed Christians desire, have they?
why should there be war because Muslims want something

Let me ask - which one is more intrusive
My wearing Hijab
Or your holding a fellowship that keeps me awake at 3am?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by davewhizy: 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
What of we whose family are ogboni members?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by omitade01: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
ademoladeji:
There should be equity in dealing with human being in a secular state. Let the Muslims put on their Hijab on their uniform, the christians put on their choir robe on their uniform and the trados tie their palm leaf over their uniform... All these won't increase the intelligence of the pupils. What really matters is what you have in your brain.

Some peeps below has started throwing jabs at states and religion... #smh

The simple question is why did the government altered the status quo. But my brother i beg to disagree that if students were left to wear what they like according to their faith, trados does not av a specific dress as to palm fround u mentioned obatala worshipers may decide to appear in the school with completely white esiki wit abetiaja while a sanpona worshiper decides to tie sanpona chain to school the worst part of it is the sanpona chain mustnt come in contact with someone that had not been himunized to it. It may be worst than ebola. Ppl simply dont know how bad ds policy is but i pray it wont lead us to situation where students ll be tieing bante and olohunde to school. All ds av mentioned are deadly but according to our faiths it is acceptable
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
codemaniacs:

The poor are always their target. Most of the politicians that support this don't have their children in these schools.

louqas, HaneefahRN and others will continue thinking with their muslim mentality even if its the poor that is been targeted.

Very inconsiderate set of people.

That does not justify the foolishness displayed by CAN.I ask you , if Muslims decide to cover themselves up in hijab in a public school why are the Christians pained?
Intolerant set of people who don't even know the teachings of Christ, no wonder Islam respects Christ more than you all fake Christians do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

UNILAG Finalists Celebrate In A Convoy After Their Final Exam / ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.