Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Osun Students Appear In Church Garments - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Students Appear In Church Garments (62528 Views)

Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils / Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments / Commotion In Osun School As Students Appear In Church Robes And Hijabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
bukster:

Hijab may be part of the dressing of a Muslim woman but it is not part of the dressing of a Muslim girl. Hijab is a personal decision that should be made when girls hit puberty and not forced unto girls as young as 4 by their parents.

Is a 4 years old in secondary school?

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
TeamSimple:

just a question for you
how does your hating affect the life of a Muslim?
The life of a Muslim is already in shambles before. My hating needs not affect them.
What kind of life do you expect of someone who derides joy in wrapping bombs and detonators all over his body?

please don't make me laugh. Muslim life indeed

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by CandyDiamond(f): 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
MURIC is not fair in their support for use of Hijab in public schools, why cant they go to Islamic schools and wear their hijabs, public schools is not a religious center, most of the public schools are built and owned by Catholic church, and other Christian churches.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by banme1(m): 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

If you don't have anything to say stay off my mention
only wise men accept corrections. But people like u reason otherwise. Why?

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by AbuTwins: 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ephemmm:

Does the quran ask you to eat ponmo, akpu, use phone, browse on whatsapp and facebook or board plane?

[/color] hey, Hijab is worship but food is not, stop saying what u know little about[color=#006600]
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by druxy(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alokendra:

God bless you.

@Topic:

Why are you Yoruba Muslims like this for God sake?

I'm starting to fvcking hate you guys!

Why would any sane Yoruba favor his religion at the detriment of Yoruba unity.

y'all Yoruba Muslims should go and die! Nonsense!

Few years to come, y'all would start slaughtering us rams and cows, bomb us like the extremist and terrorists that y'all are. I don't hate you, but I fvcking hate your religion. And if you're blinded by your religion, then fvck u
didinrin ni eh...what's Yoruba Muslims here?just say you hate Islam and Muslims..

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by jhidey08(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
nellyelitz:
so being a ninja is a modest way of dressing abeg u did this to u?
what u dunno is much more than what u do and u're not ready to learn, no matter Wot I type here it'll not change d way u perceive Islam. So it's beta I save myself d stress.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by basadenet: 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
In the first instance that Aregbesola guy does fit to be a governor but a fanatic and a tout. He will end up destroying that state before he leaves office. When he came in, he thought he was going to have his ways by turning the state to Islamic or Sharia state, but he met a force he could not withstand, hence resort to other means of achieving his evil plans. Aregbesola you go fail yakata in Jesus name.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by HaneefahRN(f): 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alokendra:

The life of a Muslim is already in shambles before. My hating needs not affect them.
What kind of life do you expect of someone who derides joy in wrapping bombs and detonators all over his body?

Your life is in shambles. Why are you still alive if most Muslims are that way?

People with stinking behaviour be feeling like saints cos they are Christians

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by jantavanta(m): 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
Let us forget about school uniform. Wear what you please, allow others do as you do.

Hijab originated from Christianity, before the creation of Islam. In ancient times, the Catholic Nun dressing was used by all Christian women in some parts of Europe.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by AbuTwins: 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alokendra:

[/color] I pray u die now and see whose life is in shambles. Quit talking like a bias ignoramus[color=#990000]
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by otokx(m): 1:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
They should just ban uniforms and give every student identity card.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by AbuTwins: 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
jantavanta:
Let us forget about school uniform. Wear what you please, allow others do as you do.

Hijab originated from Christianity, before the creation of Islam. In ancient times, the Catholic Nun dressing was used by all Christian women in some parts of Europe.

[/color] Give us a verse that supports this from the Christian scripture.[color=#990000]
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by whyman(m): 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
Nigeria Media is an open sore, only God can heal their conscience.

Posting news and pictures that are not the truth. The picture the OP used was the original incident that preceded the court case in Iwo town. O the same school was in Osogbo this morning with dry grass in this rainy season.

Always looking for ways to destablized the state, whether religious or politically motivated lies.

God had been exposing those who have done that before and your own case will not be different. Though some religious leaders have been raising hell about this issue and uttering inciting statements unbecoming a man of God, somebody was attacked while trying to broker peace among people because some feel slighted. It is not strange, we have witnessed it before and God will help us stoke the embers of destruction some are blowing to conflagration. Amen
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

According to Justice Falola's ruling --- every child is free to wear whatever that he or she feels is his or her fundamental human right, inclusive of carrying of skull and horn to school as babalawo's ward.

Mind you, it is not only Islam and Christian faiths that are in this country. The right of all faiths must be protected and has just been protected by Justice Falola's ruling.

Just like I mentioned everyone knows that it is accepted in chritianity for women and girls to cover thier hair, if can has said all female Christians should cover their hair to school no one will question that but asking them to wear choir robes to school is the height of irresponsibility and intolerance. It's a known fact that most Christians dress indecently and immorally while CAN looks on , now is the time for them to start a campaign for Christian ladies to dress properly instead of blaming Islam .
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by ColtPython(m): 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
E no bad...

Na mufti sure pass as we are only exercising our fundamental human rights too.

But na only one christian dey the school?

I see just one student in choir garb undecided
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by BetaThings: 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Aregbesola and Justice Falola -- see your lives.

The state and country belong to all faiths. Nigeria and Osun state are not for Muslims and Xtians alone. We all have fundamental right that must be protected by the constitution. Thank God for Justice Falola's ruling.

What lives?
How do Christian pupils dress in private Christian schools?
How do Muslim pupils dress in private Muslim schools?

How do Muslim girls dress when you see them in the market, shops etc on Saturday?
How do Christian girls dress when you see them in the market, shops etc on Saturday?

The way people dress in places where they are not constrained tell you what is really important to them

Muslims believe that the Hijab is compulsory everywhere
So let them wear it everywhere, including schools

If Christians, Rosicrucians, Ogun followers so believe, let them wear the thing
No problem

Are you guys not talking about restructuring to free people?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by josiahpaul(m): 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

All of you castigating Muslims in this issue are ignorant and as usual are blinded by hate for a governor and his party instead of analysing matters objectively.

The intolerance of osun Christians caused all this. Everyone knows that hijab is part of the dressings of a Muslim woman ,just like it is expected that Christian women cover their hair instead of this unnecessary show of shame by the osun Baptist they can enforce covering of hair by Christian women instead of asking them to wear choir robe to school. Is choir robe part of Christian dress?
Government school belong to everyone Muslim Christian traditionalists and as such no one can deny any student the right to dress properly .The worst those Christians can do is reclaim the schools back from government or create new ones for Christians only.
Have any of you noticed the similarity between hijab and what Catholic nuns wear?

You are the one been mean here..........was hijab part of any school dresssing, if covering of the hair is your problem, all school have beret which matches school uniforms, why not use that rather than cause the usual chaos you guys are good at or better still send your children to islamic school......if state wan return missionary school to their rightful owner, your lots will shout foul play as if ur religions organization cant successful run their own schoool.........if u really want to be objective, address the issue, hijab on school uniform isnt right, if the most cover their hair, they should put beret or go to islamic school...simply

3 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
Misplaced priority lipsrsealed
Islam and confusion goes hand in hand. Hijab cannot stop them from formication.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by codemaniacs: 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
K
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by jhidey08(m): 1:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
Wiseandtrue:

I am a very religious person and a respecter of other peoples. Just as Romans 12:18 admonishes us to try and live in peace with everyone you must not enforce people to tolerate your religion.
Save your sermon for the mosque. Enforce the use of Hijab in the mosque. undecided School is not a religious institution. for peace sake!
talk is cheap, a "respecter" of other people's religion would nt come out and fault Muslim girls wearing Hijab 2 school. Children spend most of their tym in school, more tym than dey spend with their parents infact, except on Holidays. Don't u think if they get used 2d lifestyle dey lead in school, it shapes them for the future. That's y it is called Basic Education. Pls try and see things from my point of view, the parents wants dem to b religiously upright and also have knowledge of Western Education, and this is the best way 2 achieve that. Jst take a cue from our brothers up North, most of their children don't go to school, that's y u see most of dem turning 2 Wot dey are 2day. Look at d Kano incident and Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 1:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
banme1:
only wise men accept corrections. But people like u reason otherwise. Why?

Remove the wool in your eyes first before seeking to remove another person's. All I said is said with all sense of fairness and objectivity. All you did is ask if I was well is that the best you could do? I put it to you that CAN is only trying to blame Islam for its shortcomings and failure to inculcate good dress habit into Christian some . If can had asked female pupils to wear head scarf to school no one will question that but asking them to wear choir robes to school is the height of irresponsibility.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by sammyj: 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
cheesy grin shocked shocked grin grin grin
stephnie1:

Judges at times need to be tested for oshogbo weed.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ephemmm:

Does the quran ask you to eat ponmo, akpu, use phone, browse on whatsapp and facebook or board plane?

No and that is beside the question I asked you. What I'm saying is CAN erred by saying students should go to school in CHOIR ROBES. instead of asking them to dress properly like a good Christian woman by for instance wearing head scrafs to school
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by jhidey08(m): 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
Guyman02:

You followers of imported Arab religion think that it is superior to rationing thinking?
and Christianity is a Nigerian made religion! Right?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by BetaThings: 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alokendra:

Your hating amounts to nothing - it does not hurt us because it is based on ignorance
And I don't blaming you for using such words
You are a Christian and you are allowed to say anything
That is not so in Islam

Alokendra:
Did the fathers of Michael Otedola, Pastor bakare, Ashimolowo etc derive joy in wrapping bombs?
Or is Dangote doing so

Alokendra:

Only an ignorant Christian will laugh at Muslims on a matter of violence
Christians have a bloodier history than any religion. THAT IS A FACT
And Christian countries are still terrorising people while you claim to be peace-loving!

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by codemaniacs: 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
K
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by say4gunit(m): 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
mikeapollo:

It all boils down to a useless, backward and religious fanatic of a governor!
I schooled in Osun State. Everything had been peaceful until the useless Aregbesola introduced Hijab to schools. He started all these nonsense!
How I wish this happened during my time. I would have put on egungun mask and regalia to school.

Foolish governor!
Foolish person!
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Estacy22: 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
Never in the history of this state has osun state being polarized as this. My fair now is that, hope this will not be the beginning of breeding of terrorist in the whole of south west region of Nigeria. I'm disturbed.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 1:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
josiahpaul:

You are the one been mean here..........was hijab part of any school dresssing, if covering of the hair is your problem, all school have beret which matches school uniforms, why not use that rather than cause the usual chaos you guys are good at or better still send your children to islamic school......if state wan return missionary school to their rightful owner, your lots will shout foul play as if ur religions organization cant successful run their own schoool.........if u really want to be objective, address the issue, hijab on school uniform isnt right, if the most cover their hair, they should put beret or go to islamic school...simply

You have a point and I agree beret will solve the problem and CAN can use that in their defence but instead of doing that they tell the students to wear choir robes which is way off the mark.
Mind you I live in Oyo state and there is a raging controversy over return of schools to the mission going on now and for your info I support the government return them . Presently In all public schools in Oyo state whether formerly owned by Christians or Muslims , Muslim girls wear hijab to school.
Are you aware there are private Christian schools and they don't admit Muslims and vice versa ? So what are we talking about here. Public schools should remain for everybody.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by mauriceju2(m): 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
Please what is the meaning of school uniform[color=#990000][/color]? the sooner the Muslims will understand that the time to force Islam on people has expire the better it will be for them, Islam has expire and will soon die, the only way is only those that are born to it but many of them are now seeing the truth, the only way Islam get new convert is through war but those days are gone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Top 23 Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria With School Fees. / UNILAG Finalists Celebrate In A Convoy After Their Final Exam / ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.