Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,134 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy (55918 Views)

41 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Switzerland, Four Others / Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
fredoooooo:
Wanderlustan you're going to Rome ? That's a a very beautiful place for tourists . La Roma e Bella (Rome is beautiful ) cool

Yes boss! I intend to tour for a few days then attend mass at the Basilica on Sunday. The Pope will be officiating.

More tunnels under mountains! And there is traffic in the tunnel!

6 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by drnoel: 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
NePro:
Oh come on in a bus will not be a pleasant one neither in a train...if u really wanna enjoy this trip although the advice came late,, simply pick your niaja drivers license when u get to Frankfurt look for any translating agency translate this license to the languages of countries you wanna visit then pick up any car from Germany then drive off I bet you, you will enjoy every bit of it. I personally drove from France to Bulgaria then to Greece and to Hungary then back to France. It was the most exciting part of my life. Of course it will be expensive but you will enjoy it....all this will be possible of course if you have residence card issued by any Shengen country... Still I wish u all the best update us soon

Bros she is saving cost besides did u not hear her say she is a travelling Mom and she has a breastfeeding baby. I think this buss journey is best for her cos the train ride is mad and expensive. Its just sad I didn't know about this thread before hand and she is passing routes my know. I would have being able to be of help. Anyway enjoy ur trip. Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by drnoel: 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
jamesoo1:

I will be travelling the same route as well. Plase let me know how you got Bus Tickets.

Online bros. U can also pau online using ur mastercard.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wristbangle: 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:

She's super. Having fun and is excited half the time.

Oh that's nice ma. I don't know If I can send u a PM hoping to seek for a request.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by drnoel: 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:

I tried looking up car rental from frankfurt... can I use international driver's license without having the residency card? Also, I'm alone withh a 10 month old, I'm thinking it will be risky driving 11 hours, but then... I'm all for doing crazy things!!! Will think about it.

Will be applying for baby's Nigerian passport next week.. hopefully, will get it same day, then we are ready to go!

Modified:

Brosssss!!!!! $845 to rent car? Bus is 19 - 29 Euros shocked

Pls use boss so ur hands are free for ur suckling baby.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

If 2 weeks is 17,000.... A year would be up to 500,000 !!!!

I'll try to inquire about the 1 year.... And promise to get back to u

Lol, it doesn't work that way. The visa irrespective of the period stated is the same amount

5 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by drnoel: 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
NePro:

Bro I don't know if they can rent you this car without EU residence card as an Africa. I never tried renting with just a visa and passport..1k euros can get you car in Germany that's ready for travel... But on the other side of it u need to register the car there which u will need a residence card too,,,come to think of it you just sit in a bus or train just sitting looking outside and people looking at you like some alien,,,(I don't enjoy such looks) but with a car you can stop over at any place of your choice. It was during my own trip I noticed that oyibo people too self dey sell bush meat for road I chop tire,,,,really bro ask around in Frankfurt to see the possibility, because I never tried this with just a visa. I used my residence card anyway ...but just ask around there. The best I prefer to travel around Europe is by car(private),,most pleasant for me. Because the last time I used a train damn it was awful cause u just literally sit somewhere then exchanging looks with people wey dia face be like dey wan bomb u lol. Think am again also adding the fact that you are with a baby

I know what u mean but the we all have to decide whats better.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
wristbangle:

Oh that's nice ma. I don't know If I can send u a PM hoping to seek for a request.
Sure you can
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by kirchofff(m): 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:

Hummm..you have a point there...
I take road trips with her all the time. She likes going out. You won't believe how calm she is in a moving vehicle, then once it stops, get ready for tantrums. All she wants is for you to keep moving! We've been to Abuja, Nnewi, Enugu and Owerri together by bus, that's what motivated me to take the trip. But let's see how it goes. grin
ma'am y not rent a car and get someone to join u guys in d journey (to take care of the baby) I bet u'll enjoy it.....just my opinion tho
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by drnoel: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
NePro:
damn always mister know more will always appear from somewhere..in all I wrote here the one you were quick to pick up is bush meat..you travel from north to south of Germany I travel from Germany to mostly eastern part of Europe, does that make any difference to you And those strict procedures of yours don't exist in Serbia,Bulgaria,Hungary and so on because I have personally bought a lot of bush meat enroute. I will look where I saved a pic to post here....and maybe after you can go and introduce those strict laws of yours to Roma people selling bush meat by road sides. Because if you have truly traveled by road out of Germany then there is nothing you can't find by the road sides, call girls are there on road side you can f**k pay 50euro and still continue ur journey a lot of things I can't even name

Only via eastern Europe. In the west thoses things aint there
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by obinoral1179(m): 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nice one ma. Keep it coming.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wristbangle: 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:

Sure you can

Sent ma!

Reading this thread has relieved me from the stress, struggles and frustration in Nigeria. You have indeed made us experience the beautiful part of life in europe without paying a dime cool

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by modath(f): 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:

Will holla when we get to Rome. If I will get that deal, you will be the first to know

Then I collect ya own, wahala nor dey dia nah.. sad

braithwaite:
nice one op..you've make us visit Italy just throu nairaland.. and op please your pics try water-ink them.. those silly bloggers will come claiming credit

Wanderlustian..... Oya quick quick, thou shall not work for another to profit.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Dohyn3(f): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nice thread wanderlustian! Hoping to travel the world in the nearest future. Amen!
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by drnoel: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:
Thanks to the guy that spoke about driving instead of taking a bus.

So I researched and researched and researched and came across a car sharing website called blablacars.co.uk where someone going your way can pick you up at the central station and drop you off at your destination.

I've seen a ride for 25 euros across the 3 countries... has anyone heard or used blablacars.co.uk before or any car sharing platform?

Yea they are quite popular just like carshare.com or mitfahrgeleingenheit.de
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by IstandWitBuhari: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:
I'm starting this thread to chronicle my journey across Europe this summer.

I've never been to Europe before and german embassy gave me 2 weeks visa, so I can as well visit all the places I can while at it.

I'm travelling with a 10 month old baby. She's pretty strong (we've been on the road since she was 1 week old, and travelling since she was 1 month old, so I'm guessing she will be a good sport).

I have family and friends in Milan, but I'm arriving in Frankfurt 1st, then taking a bus from Frankfurt to Milan through Switzerland (cheaper than the train).

If you have experience in taking this kind of journey please help me draw out a plan.

I personally will love to visit Munich, Berlin, Geneva, Venice and Rome as well, but I think it will be quite a herculean task visiting each city with a baby strapped to my back or chest.

I'm starting the journey at the end of this month, and even if you can't come with me, stay hooked to this thread! grin

Sister I want to follow this your thread kindly notify me when you start your journey. Thanks and safe journey outta naija
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
Up into mountains, down into valleys... We approach civilization. Welcome to Firenze

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by anitank(f): 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ayobami93:

Oh well, i didnt really fill the form myself. I had no idea you have to request for it but i was granted one year tourist visa on two separate occasions.

One year tourist visa from German embassy? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by IstandWitBuhari: 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
wristbangle:

Sent ma!

Reading this thread has relieved me from the stress, struggles and frustration in Nigeria. You have indeed made us experience the beautiful part of life in europe without paying a dime cool
Honestly this thread is wonderful,Nigeria is frustrating to live in and I hope to travel out some day
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Arewa12: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
@Op kudos...nyc. It nt easy for a single person to navigate around europe nt to talk of u nd ur baby. Ko easy..... I dey read am back 2 back. Follow am bck 2 back. Ma regards to our little Miss Tourist. Big kisses. 1pck of diapers on ma bills.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by lepasharon(f): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
It's such a shame cos British passport holders are visaless in over 100 countries and I haven't even been to neighbouring france embarassed.

OP you inspire me, you are not the typical nigerian lady.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by lilreese: 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
You get money

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by WaleTheECONOMIST(m): 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
parrotibaba:
Is it your concern? undecided Is she not traveling for a change of scenery? Is that not justifiable enough for you?

Abeg Wanderlustian no mind this mumu sad

Nigerians and bad belle... angry angry
nikk_a did you need to use the word 'mum' ?
moreover y you carry the matter for head like pot of soup?
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Imstin: 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
OP this is a wonderful thread, keep it up and you both have a safe trip
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by drnoel: 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
lepasharon:
It's such a shame cos British passport holders are visaless in over 100 countries and I haven't even been to neighbouring france embarassed.

OP you inspire me, you are not the typical nigerian lady.

Thats the beauty of the problem. Ones its within reach one looses interest.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by fredoooooo: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
wanderlustian:

Yes boss! I intend to tour for a few days then attend mass at the Basilica on Sunday. The Pope will be officiating.

More tunnels under mountains! And there is traffic in the tunnel!

You will love it over there , the colloseo etc , I always visit anytime I'm in Rome .......
It took me years visiting all you want to Complete in weeks ...

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
fredoooooo:

You will love it over there , the colloseo etc , I always visit anytime I'm in Rome .......
It took me years visiting all you want to Complete in weeks ...

shocked
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by wanderlustian(f): 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
Goodbye Firenze!

20 mins stopover and we are on. Back through the mountains, my ears sense that we are climbing.

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by parrotibaba(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
WaleTheECONOMIST:

nikk_a did you need to use the word 'mum' ?
moreover y you carry the matter for head like pot of soup?
why you de carry her matter for ya head like jerrycan? undecided did you borrow her money abi na you de pay her salary?

Nigerians and negativity.

If you spend money na wahala, if you no spend nko, na still wahala angry

11 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Popri(f): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
Op is just balling!
To think that I had a 3months schengen visa in 2010 which wasn't used till it expired and a one month Schengen visa from Netherlands embassy in St Maarten which I used only for Netherlands makes me sad!
I woulda explored europe considering the fact that I was single and without any child at that time, plus I wasn't working..no reason not to have explored joor

I stayed just for a week in Amsterdam with my family friends who are from dia, nice Dutch family..No sign of racism and I had fun
I used easy jet from Gatwick which had a very good deal, can't remember now
Wish I knew these tips then
Love this thread
Making me wiser
Kudos!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. / "Help Me Buy Food Too"- Lady Tells Her Bolt Driver (pictures) / Small Car Spotted Carrying A Huge Container On A Nigerian Road (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.