Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy (55899 Views)

41 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Switzerland, Four Others / Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by abduldope(m): 11:47am On Apr 07, 2017
wanderlustian:

OMG! I'm flattered!

Won't be a bad idea to do this again in 2017... with a group.

My baby is 16 months old now and a whirlwind! Wowz! I cant believe how much she has changed, but she still loves to travel. We were in Chicago from Sept to Nov and she took her first steps the moment we stepped out of the airport, was so emotional!

So holler me if you think touring Europe again is a fab idea! It's not too early to start planning. I will post visa requirements soon so those interested can start putting together paperwork... or do I start a new thread?

originalsly
omoharry
smithsydny
Nepro
ekharry
GenBuhari
Wellendowed
Simababe
winnielle
abduldope
abimbawealth
DArey00
mexxy1
Chukxie
seguno2
fredyoooooo
ligxy
hello,
its been long I posted anything here due to the ban I received for no reason lol.
back to the topic, how are you and how is the lil Missy doing ? about your next trip why don't you conclude the remaining European nations so that we will know you're done with europe.
same as it will be much better in a new thread.
wishing you the best ma.

thanks.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Praying to secure a visa this year.. It will be a plus to me.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 15, 2017
wanderlustian:

OMG! I'm flattered!

Won't be a bad idea to do this again in 2017... with a group.

My baby is 16 months old now and a whirlwind! Wowz! I cant believe how much she has changed, but she still loves to travel. We were in Chicago from Sept to Nov and she took her first steps the moment we stepped out of the airport, was so emotional!

So holler me if you think touring Europe again is a fab idea! It's not too early to start planning. I will post visa requirements soon so those interested can start putting together paperwork... or do I start a new thread?

originalsly
omoharry
smithsydny
Nepro
ekharry
GenBuhari
Wellendowed
Simababe
winnielle
abduldope
abimbawealth
DArey00
mexxy1
Chukxie
seguno2
fredyoooooo
ligxy

Just seen this. Start a fresh thread and discuss this next adventure there smiley
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by PMB007: 9:50am On Apr 16, 2017
wanderlustian:
Hello beautiful people,

Sorry I have not updated. Had a lot of work pending, been clearing my desk. It was an awesome action packed trip, if you ask me I will do it all over again! grin
We made a lot of great friends, connected and kept in touch via facebook. The lil lady learnt to 'talk' during the trip. She has added itsch, didit, toitoi, wahtoh to her vocabulary, and she grew a tard taller as well, lol!

I did not spend enough time in Germany and Switzerland to give a proper review of their reception but the Italians are just awesome! They are very welcoming and accommodating. I didn't feel a hint of racism, in fact I felt they were too touchy. Quick to hug and kept kissing the lil lady's cheeks without permission.

As a point, I was a live attraction/freak show carrying my baby on my back. Many times people especially women stopped me to ask how I managed to achieve strapping the baby to my back with just a cloth and how safe it was back there. Others, especially at the airport on our way back home, had a good laugh.

Spending in Euros is not quite fun. A plastic bottle of 50 cl coke is over 2 euros (N800) undecided Gave myself a headache from all that conversion. A meal averagely costs 10 euro, already N4,000. I don't think I have every spent that much on a single meal in forever!

What's next? Well I take a road trip to baby daddy who lives and work in the East. Perhaps I should chronicle that as well? Lol, the River Niger and the onitsha bridge is a sight to behold, I kid you not.

I don't know which country my wanderlust will take me to next. One Nairalander has infected me with a keen interest in Argentina and South America as a whole. I may need to be in North America in December, a friend of mine wants us to take a road trip across West Africa (Lagos to Liberia).. I have not decided yet. My plan right now is how to make more money! Lolz!

If you ever catch wanderlust and Europe catches your eye, please drop by and share your experience with us. Especially the countries I did not visit (France, Belgium, Spain etc). Let's see the world through your eyes!

Anyways, this is not goodbye.

Good job, Ma'am!
In any case you decide to go on that Lagos - Liberia trip, I would be very much interested, pls.
ciao!
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by chukxie(m): 11:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
WellEndowed:

Just seen this. Start a fresh thread and discuss this next adventure there smiley

You're right @ WellEndowed. I'll be free this summer to join you guys for the Euro tour. My little girl would be three this August; and she's already been to Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand (twice). The Euro tour would definitely be fun for her, wifey and me. So let's do it. Btw, I'm based in China.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by intrinsicniyi(m): 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
wanderlustian:
I'm starting this thread to chronicle my journey across Europe this summer.

I've never been to Europe before and german embassy gave me 2 weeks visa, so I can as well visit all the places I can while at it.

I'm travelling with a 10 month old baby. She's pretty strong (we've been on the road since she was 1 week old, and travelling since she was 1 month old, so I'm guessing she will be a good sport).

I have family and friends in Milan, but I'm arriving in Frankfurt 1st, then taking a bus from Frankfurt to Milan through Switzerland (cheaper than the train).

If you have experience in taking this kind of journey please help me draw out a plan.

I personally will love to visit Munich, Berlin, Geneva, Venice and Rome as well, but I think it will be quite a herculean task visiting each city with a baby strapped to my back or chest.

I'm starting the journey at the end of this month, and even if you can't come with me, stay hooked to this thread! grin

Good day wanderlustian,
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by intrinsicniyi(m): 8:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
wanderlustian:
I'm starting this thread to chronicle my journey across Europe this summer.

I've never been to Europe before and german embassy gave me 2 weeks visa, so I can as well visit all the places I can while at it.

I'm travelling with a 10 month old baby. She's pretty strong (we've been on the road since she was 1 week old, and travelling since she was 1 month old, so I'm guessing she will be a good sport).

I have family and friends in Milan, but I'm arriving in Frankfurt 1st, then taking a bus from Frankfurt to Milan through Switzerland (cheaper than the train).

If you have experience in taking this kind of journey please help me draw out a plan.

I personally will love to visit Munich, Berlin, Geneva, Venice and Rome as well, but I think it will be quite a herculean task visiting each city with a baby strapped to my back or chest.

I'm starting the journey at the end of this month, and even if you can't come with me, stay hooked to this thread! grin

Good day wanderlustian,

I'll be in Amsterdam for a 2 weeks summer school and I have a plan to tour neighbouring countries afterwards (for a week). Please I need your kind insight on how to get the cheapest accomondation as i practically did not know anyone in Europe.

Thanks as i anticipate your response.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Waffarianman(m): 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
braithwaite:

Update us ma'am..and tag em with picture.. if we can't be there now ,we might be tmao..and n

ot regular pictures of city and suburb. Village,pub,restaurant and exotic places.. save journey in advance

smiley

True talk Bro.
Let her ganish us with superb pics... Random photos mak we tk c front
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by Waffarianman(m): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
datigbogirl:

Chai so you dey go blow 600k just like dat.... Money wey you suppose go invest insid

e one business turn millionaire.... Do you have any business fetching you Monet? Na wa oh.

Ashi op d codein wen u tk no 2mch. Her moni her lyf E no consign u. Pak well jare poor menterlity.
Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by WhiZTiM(m): 9:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
intrinsicniyi:

Good day wanderlustian,

I'll be in Amsterdam for a 2 weeks summer school and I have a plan to tour neighbouring countries afterwards (for a week). Please I need your kind insight on how to get the cheapest accomondation as i practically did not know anyone in Europe.

Thanks as i anticipate your response.

Use booking.com, they are the best and largest online hotel/accommodation service. Pretty reliable :-)

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy by intrinsicniyi(m): 10:57pm On Jul 06, 2018
WhiZTiM:

Use booking.com, they are the best and largest online hotel/accommodation service. Pretty reliable :-)

Thank you so much Bro.

#Well-noted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. / "Help Me Buy Food Too"- Lady Tells Her Bolt Driver (pictures) / Small Car Spotted Carrying A Huge Container On A Nigerian Road (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.