Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,080 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:50 AM

A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" (1691 Views)

Buhari's Certificate: Court Strikes Out Suite / Buhari Certificate Palaver: Court Rules On Thursday / Buhari's Certificate Suit Adjourned Indefinitely, Lawyer Files Fresh Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" by henrydadon(m): 12:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
Buhari has stated that he had lost the original copies of his certificate, so I wasn’t expecting to see an original document but an AUTHENTIC statement fro the school he attended and maybe the West African Examination board. This would have sufficed if they had kept the information on this new statement of result, as truthful as possible.

A few things doesn’t look quite right, which has rendered every other seeming authenticity on it to be null and void. I have highlighted ten of them which I shall point out and discuss…

1. There was no Katsina State in 1961. Katsina State was in fact created in 1987. One could argue that it is a statement of result given in the present to cover for a past result which was misplaced, but I’m coming to that.

2. There was no SSCE (Senior School Certificate Examination) in 1961. The SSCE otherwise known as the 6-3-3-4 System was introduced by former Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida and implemented in federal secondary schools in 1989 and state secondary schools in 1990.

3. If you look closely, you’ll indeed notice that this statement of result was designed for use after the 90s. The numbers ’20’ has been crossed out and the year 1961 dated in its place.

4. Buhari’s name is ‘Muhammadu Buhari’ AND NOT ‘Mohammed Buhari.’ This sin number 4 has rendered the whole document null, void and a big fraud. We all know this. In fact, I could stop here at number 4 without listing the rest sins and I’d have made my point. Even for a name variation such as this, we all know you may be required to swear an affidavit to confirm that ‘Mohammed’ and ‘Muhammadu’ are one and the same person. I remember I had to swear an affidavit on my GCE results because the computer misspelled one letter in my name! How much more a whole name variation. Even if Buhari’s first name is Charles and the certificate reads Charlie, it’s authenticity is questionable. I had earlier argued within me that yes, it’s possible to use a present day document to fill in a past result, but sin number 4 has made me to think twice if we are really looking at the General’s authentic result.

5. There was no Class Six in 1961. Secondary School ended in Form Five back then. This also got me thinking very hard if a serious case of forgery wasn’t going on here. Even if a modern document is being used to collate a past result, shouldn’t the information be recorded exactly how it pertained to that era? Is this the progress, transparency, and anti-corruption campaign, the APC is trying to sell to Nigerians? Are we going to be this gullible as to swallow this glaring fraud?

6. How realistic is it that Buhari who is of Hausa/Fulani stock, got a C5 in Hausa language but made an A1 in Igbo language?

7. Buhari was recruited into the Nigerian Army in 1962 as a combatant soldier. Was a pass in Mathematics not a prerequisite to qualify for entry?

8. The passport photograph on the statement of result is a recent photo of himself. Again, one may argue that it is a replacement of his lost results but these are also points that need more clarification. Is this supposed to be a certificate? What exactly is it meant to substitute?

9. The Examination Officer signed and stamped the document without a name, we could verify the authenticity of the document with.

10. Likewise, the Principal of the college. He signed and stamped but no name for verification. This discrepancy was also observed by PUNCH newspaper. In the confidential result sheet, Buhari’s name was the second among the 17 candidates that sat the Cambridge/ West African School Certificate Examination in 1961. But no signature or name of a Cambridge university official was sighted on the confidential result sheet. When the principal was contacted by telephone to ask why this was so, he replied:

“As far as we concerned, we only issued the General(Buhari) what we have here.”

When copies of a medical report claiming Buhari had prostrate cancer circulated recently, the documents were carefully analysed and dismissed as a big fraud. The APC even went as far as accusing the PDP as being the mastermind behind it. So what makes this statement of result any different?

News Source/Photo Credit: PUNCH | PREMIUM TIMES

Analysis: Peace Ben Williams Blog

1 Like

Re: A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" by StOla: 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
If you were smart enough, you would understand that this is a statement of result and not a certificate.

This statement of result was produced on demand and can always be produced on demand any other time in the future.

Where you expecting the school to provide the results demanded in 2015 on a result paper format of the 1960's?

Did you see any remark (credit, distinction etc) beside the Igbo subject, or you do not know what a slash to represent nil entry is? Or from your argument buhari sat for all the possible 21 subjects that now exist on the 2015 result statement template?

As for the principal's name, did the entry request for a name at all or you have taken it upon yourself to decide what is ideal and required?

Calm down, borrow yourself some common sense, then look again. You would realise you have already cleared your own concerns with the very 1st point you raised.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" by Likei(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
oga bubu will surely end up in jail before his grave or grave before his jail.
Re: A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" by AZeD1(m): 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
Dear Mr OP,
Your are dull, no offence.

2 Likes

Re: A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" by TheOnlyWiseMan: 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
Likei:
oga bubu will surely end up in jail before his grave or grave before his jail.

Hmmmm
Re: A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" by DaBullIT(m): 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ori e ti pe ju

Your head is too correct

You don finish him timaya , if him quote you , no gian face abeg ,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
StOla:
If you were smart enough, you would understand that this is a statement of result and not a certificate.

This statement of result was produced on demand and can always be produced on demand any other time in the future.

Where you expecting the school to provide the results demanded in 2015 on a result paper format of the 1960's?

Did you see any remark (credit, distinction etc) beside the Igbo subject, or you do not know what a slash to represent nil entry is? Or from your argument buhari sat for all the possible 21 subjects that now exist on the 2015 result statement template?

As for the principal's name, did the entry request for a name at all or you have taken it upon yourself to decide what is ideal and required?

Calm down, borrow yourself some common sense, then look again. You would realise you have already cleared your own concerns with the very 1st point you raised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" by chukzyblingz(m): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
StOla:

Nonsense. stop defending the indefensible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" by attackgat: 5:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
Buhari made A1 in Igbo language?? How? Please don't make me laugh.

The Lawyer who took Buhari to Court said in his complaint that Buhari never sat for WASC. The Lawyer, said that Buhari was accepted into the Army based on a recommendation from his principal but that Buhari began his military training but could not return to take his WASC.
Re: A Critical Look Into Buhari "Certificate" by CoCoLav(f): 12:35am On Jun 15, 2016
AZeD1:
Dear Mr OP,
Your are dull, no offence.

lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Senate Rules Forgery: FG To Arraign Saraki, Ekweremadu Monday / Dino Stalks Remi Tinubu In Lagos.. / Economic Recession, Where Is Operation Feed The Nation?- Adams Kayode.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.