Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Why Do Some Pastors Curse, Instead Of Pray For Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Pastors Curse, Instead Of Pray For Nigeria? (261 Views)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Pastors Curse, Instead Of Pray For Nigeria? by AJohnnasa(m): 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
In my neighbourhood, there is a church whose pastor makes it a job to say bad things about the present administration, especially about the president, Muhammadu Buhari. I think I have heard him mentioned how the president would die a very painful death for subjecting the country to economic hardship. I ask, isn't leaders (irrespective of how they got to their position) ordained by God (see Romans 11:13)?

The Holy book in 1 Timothy 2:2 asks that we pray for our leaders. But no! that pastor has never prayed for the president, not even for the country. He is more concerned about how the government has failed in its responsibilities. Yes, I know that our governments have not lived up to expectation in a very long while, but what moral right does that preacher have to rain curses on Mr President when he makes little or no contribution to the economy?

(1) (Reply)

Condemnation Is The Root Cause / The Wings Of Burdens / Get Out From Among Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.