Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,014 members, 7,953,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:25 AM

Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President (39048 Views)

Supo Ayokunle Tours Salvation Ministries 90,000 Seater Church, Secondary School / Ayokunle Abiodun: "A Mad Man Was Healed In Ondo Through Me" (Photos) / CAN President, Rev. Samson Ayokunle Asks Buhari To Dialogue With Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by haconjy(m): 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
AM PROUD TO BE BAPTIST MEMBER

1 Like

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
omokoladele:
Election in the "House of God"......okay na!

Acts 1:26. Election in the "House of God" is biblical.

1 Like

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
Dreal11247:
Who can please give a detailed information about the new President of CAN? Hope he is not imposed on Christians to favor Islamic agenda?

He is not imposed. As you can see, an electioneering process was duly followed just as you read.

Besides, he is a well respected man of God. Forget any Islamic agenda. He needs our prayers, anyways. This is a good news.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by oshiokpu(m): 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
Good
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by haconjy(m): 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
Dreal11247:
Who can please give a detailed information about the new President of CAN? Hope he is not imposed on Christians to favor Islamic agenda?

I can't say much..but if you know Baptist, then you will know Him... Highly Respected Man of God...
BAPTIST IS MY CHURCH...
I NEVER DOWN GRADE OTHERS O DONT MISQUOTE ME ...
WE ARE ALL ONE...

2 Likes

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by haconjy(m): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
yorme:

Acts 1:26. Election in the "House of God" is biblical.

where do u want it to be hold before, your house, inec office or house of devil?
its God leading that matters not all election are bad or wrong... just do it according to the Spirit of God leading....
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by reality2019(m): 9:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
may God keep u voice out islamization process going on Nigeria.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Ameboperoo(m): 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
papayeye:
Yepa. CAN don finish. Yoruba pastors no sabi manage money. Na so so owambe party, CAN go dey do now. Chai, Naija don spoil.

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by tuk2ato(m): 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
Motalitu or what's the name of his opponent sef undecidedMotalitu or what's the name of his opponent sef
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by RealAdewole(m): 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
Dreal11247:
that's a Baptist minister

n u know baptists
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by 1stdammy: 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
papayeye:
Yepa. CAN don finish. Yoruba pastors no sabi manage money. Na so so owambe party, CAN go dey do now. Chai, Naija don spoil.
U well at all
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by bellville: 10:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
Congrats Rev. Dr. Supo Ayokunle. I still remember the good old days at Orita-Bashorun Baptist Church, Ibadan when you pastored the church.

This is a well-deserved feat. I pray that CAN would live up to expectations during your tenure.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by bellville: 10:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
benitwater:
Congratulation,Rev supo ayokunle,he was my former pastor@orita basorun baptist church,now jubilee life baptist church,ibadan.for those that knows this man's history,he started from grass to grace.so proud of him right now.any member of jubilee life baptist church,basorun ibadan will know more about this humble man of GOD from oyo town.
Good to know there's someone from Orita-Bashorun Baptist church here. I remember when he took the bull by the horn and went to the UK for his doctorate with the meager salary he was paid as a Baptist pastor. It's indeed a story of grass to grace.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by DrAmanda(f): 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
Congratulations Sir

#BaptistFamily
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Walelavender(m): 11:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
Congrats to the new CAN President. Wishing him a purposeful stay in office.

However, CAN needs to go back to the days of the old. Casting lots or elections to a spiritual office would not generate the needed results. The man that replaced Judas Iscariot, Matthias, was never mentioned for a single exploit in the bible, whilst the remaining eleven did greater works. Why?Because he was picked by the casting of lot, which fell upon him. Whatever happened to the place of prayer and the leading of the HolySpirit.

We need to start doing things right in order to get remarkable result.

God bless the body of Christ
God bless Nigeria
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by push23: 11:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
G
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Sagacity10(m): 2:36am On Jun 15, 2016
Thank God a man with a track record has emerged to lead the Christian body for the next five years. Christian body in Nigeria will be revived again via purposeful leadership
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by Eluwilussit(m): 2:39am On Jun 15, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
CAN will have a little bit of decorum now.

This is nice departure from the razzmatazz of a celebrity CAN leadership.

The important thing is that the other guy didn't win. C & S no be joke. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by ziccoit: 2:45am On Jun 15, 2016
neocortex:

I hate hypocrisy,
Students have been wearing Hijab to school even before the said ruling
so your acclaimed "civility" is meaningless in this case.
Instead of you to blame the Architect of the problem Aregbesola,
you are here throwing jab at CAN.

If christian and muslim schools have been left separate, all this
lawsuits won't arise in the first place.
Christian and muslims have long co-existed together in Osun state
before Aregbe brought his archaic idea.

That's not the point. CAN forced the lawsuit by wanting to play politics when Aregbe was seeking the second term. CAN asked some pupils to wear choir robes to one baptist school Iwo at the hight of his struggle. He knew his political future was under threat so he banned hijab which prompted Muslims to go to court challenging that decision. Had the CAN tolerated the Muslims whom you claimed they had been peacefully coexisted with; there wouldn't be need to go to court.

Meanwhile, there is nothing like Christian/Muslim school. All of them are public, government owned property. There is one so called "Christian" primary school where Muslim pupils are more than 80% of its population. Can you still tag that as Christian school?

I'm not a fan of Aregbe but he meant well through his policy on education. He reclassified schools not people's religion and faith. CAN was highly political and brazenly intolerant. CAN knew Muslims have been wearing hijabs for a long time yet still doesn't want to respect the high court ruling. Is that not an hight of hypocrisy?
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by pussyeater(m): 3:50am On Jun 15, 2016
What happened to Orisafemi Orisajafor?
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by benitwater(m): 5:10am On Jun 15, 2016
bellville:
Good to know there's someone from Orita-Bashorun Baptist church here. I remember when he took the bull by the horn and went to the UK for his doctorate with the meager salary he was paid as a Baptist pastor. It's indeed a story of grass to grace.
exactly.are u also a member of the church?
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by bellville: 7:43am On Jun 15, 2016
I used to attend (with my cousins) while i was studying in U.I. It's their family church
benitwater:
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by MissSlimbody(f): 8:01am On Jun 15, 2016
haconjy:
AM PROUD TO BE BAPTIST MEMBER
DrAmanda:
Congratulations Sir
#BaptistFamily
RealAdewole:
that's a Baptist minister
n u know baptists
bellville:
Congrats Rev. Dr. Supo Ayokunle. I still remember the good old days at Orita-Bashorun Baptist Church, Ibadan when you pastored the church.
This is a well-deserved feat. I pray that CAN would live up to expectations during your tenure.
benitwater:

Cc: Femo4greatness, stephdagud

1 Like

Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by dollarathe(m): 8:02am On Jun 15, 2016
9jatatafo:
Election inside the church?! What a crazy world
How is it crazy ?
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by 9jatatafo(m): 8:47am On Jun 15, 2016
dollarathe:

How is it crazy ?

Think deeply
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by zik4ever: 9:53am On Jun 15, 2016
clarity4clear:
OP Supo Ayokunle won 57 while Otubu 28 I was a delegate at that election. Congrats Supo!
Really? Please did the Catholic and ECWA/TCNN blocs vote at the elections? The Nation Newspaper said some of their delegates walked out. Any eye witness report from you?
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by dollarathe(m): 9:55am On Jun 15, 2016
9jatatafo:

Think deeply
I asked a simple question...kindly answer, u dont need to tell me to think deeply...u ve already known d reason ..kindly share it
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by benitwater(m): 10:08am On Jun 15, 2016
bellville:
I used to attend (with my cousins) while i was studying in U.I. It's their family church
so nice to hear dat,i grew up in that church.R.A member,english choir member nd also B.S.F,it was really gd old days,also my parent church up till date.
Re: Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President by funkymatics(f): 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
we gat u covered. baptist family

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dead Man Wakes Up After Three Days / Klaus Schwab: ‘God Is Dead’ And The WEF Is ‘acquiring Divine Powers’ ( Video) / Prophet Opambour: Men With Big Manhoods, Bleached Skin Won’t Make It To Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.