Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,382 members, 7,812,123 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! (3767 Views)

Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Umahi Storms Benue With Obasanjo On Bid To Boost Food Production (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by cindybella101(f): 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by mikolo80: 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
ckmayoca:

If am working and getting paid why must go on buying tractor or renting cos I want to do another person job called farming?
Let another I idle person handle that so this means every busy person can't go into farming. Gov shld make it easy for the ppl into it and willing to go into it.
why are you now complaining on nairaland as e no concine you.

When your neighbours roof is on fire
You help out
Cos when the fire is done with him
Guest whose next in line
Do you think he will lift a finger when e reach you
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
cindybella101:

Lol, you can't ban cattle's, what needs to be banned is the nomadic nature of the herdsmen with their cattle's atleast we still eat meat, they should rather embrace private ranching. Or will you feel happy when your eat your mother/wife jollof rice without meat or imagine egusi soup or banga soup without beef ? cool My dad will tell you to finish it yourself cheesy
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin @ finish it yourself
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by mikolo80: 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
Standing5:
You this drug addict, you are here again spewing vile trash.

Your mother is a drug addict

People don't just complain dude. They do for a reason.
How do you expect the farmer to overcome challenges of road/transportation,
Buy small donkey
Even Jesus did it

[/b]storage, [b]

Lots of local Clay silos and cribs in north
All local materials. Nothing imported
[/b]processing(e.g tomato into tomato paste or corn into corn flakes), [b]how do they make dry pepper, elubo, garri etc they import your own foodstuffs ba.

[/b]water supply and irrigation,
[b]
Ask your politician to share pump not okada

[/b]deseases and pest issues,
[b]
Eeyaa faggit home econs student.
It's called rotational cropping (google it)

[/b]herdsmen issues,
[b]
Called pest control. Dogs, guns,boys and arrows, spears, calls of steel (Apocalypto flavor) dry pepper (big ups to those Imo women that made those cows sneeze to death)

exportation standard and exportation bottlenecks of officials want their palms greased before allowing perishable produce out?
it's called cost of doing business. Do you not grease palm of everybody bfor anything gets done
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by Realdeals(m): 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
oganology33:
Past govt hasn't done enof 2 attarct ppl 2 Agriculture. Present govt is even worse in the agric sector. The Govt nids 2 make the agric sector more attractive 4 young Nigerians.

If the govt reduces the beaurocracy involved in acquiring Fertilizers, pesticides as well as loans 4 young ppl. Another issue is protection of young farmers from large Farm bullies.

Our leaders are deliberately short-sighted. Can u imagine dat Agriculture can solve most of our major economic problems such as Unemployment, diversification, low GDP, Crash in naira, crime rate(militancy/insurgency, etc but our govts have bin 2 lazy 2 work towards it.

Little wonder y Mr. President took over the Ministry of Pet. instead of Agriculture

If government facilitate or provide those things you mentioned, will you allow government to control the price you will sell your produce? Those large farms you mentioned don't sale their produce in the rural market, they export. Individuals that wish to go into farming should think like a typical business man.
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by cindybella101(f): 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
thomasthomas:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin @ finish it yourself
Can you eat jollof rice without beef ? wink
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by Standing5(m): 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
mikolo80:
it's called cost of doing business. Do you not grease palm of everybody bfor anything gets done
Pleaset don't make me call the mods on you. At first it was your father not paying your schl. fees on another thread and now your mother too ? Chai, stop drugs now . . . The hallucination it brings can make you hate loved ones too.
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by mikolo80: 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
Standing5:
Pleaset don't make me call the mods on you. At first it was your father not paying your schl. fees on another thread and now your mother too ? Chai, stop drugs now . . . The hallucination it brings can make you hate loved ones too.
you're not the first to run to the mods like a Lil biatch. Now who can dish it and yet can't take it. Go ahead run to mommy mods, go and suck breast.
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by Standing5(m): 9:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
mikolo80:
you're not the first to run to the mods like a Lil biatch. Now who can dish it and yet can't take it. Go ahead run to mommy mods, go and suck breast.
e-Big Man!
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by oganology33(m): 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
Realdeals:

If government facilitate or provide those things you mentioned, will you allow government to control the price you will sell your produce? Those large farms you mentioned don't sale their produce in the rural market, they export. Individuals that wish to go into farming should think like a typical business man.

At the large scale dat is required 2 revamp our economy, the govt has 2 b fully involved.
It won't b enof 4 ppl 2 tink lyk typical business men. & the government doesn't have 2 b involved in price fixing. We're talking abt feeding our nation. Not export.
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by mikolo80: 9:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
Realdeals:

how many is dangote exporting. You import 1 billion dollars of rice, 1 of sugar about 4 of wheat that's over 1.2 trillion local consumption. Must you wait for govt to get your own share
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by mikolo80: 9:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Standing5:
e-Big Man!
not my fault you're small. Patapata they ban me. I move to alternate moniker and continue blowing my grammar till the ban is over
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by mikolo80: 9:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
Standing5:
e-Big Man!
not my fault you're small. Patapata they ban me. I move to alternate moniker and continue blowing my grammar till the ban is over.without me and you there can be no them so game on
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by punditogwo(m): 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
sadadding to that a country that export timber and Import toothpicks. is that not stupidity. woke up Nigeria.[color=]adding to that a country that export timber and Import toothpicks. is that not stupidity. woke up Nigeria.[/color]adding to that a country that export timber and Import toothpicks. is that not stupidity. woke up Nigeria.
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 3:48am On Jun 15, 2016
cindybella101:

Can you eat jollof rice without beef ? wink
Yes, but with boiled egg tongue tongue
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 3:51am On Jun 15, 2016
punditogwo:
sadadding to that a country that export timber and Import toothpicks. is that not stupidity. woke up Nigeria.[color=]adding to that a country that export timber and Import toothpicks. is that not stupidity. woke up Nigeria.[/color]adding to that a country that export timber and Import toothpicks. is that not stupidity. woke up Nigeria.
grin grin grin grin cheesy grin

That's funny! There's no wisdom in it!
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 3:53am On Jun 15, 2016
mikolo80:
how many is dangote exporting. You import 1 billion dollars of rice, 1 of sugar about 4 of wheat that's over 1.2 trillion local consumption. Must you wait for govt to get your own share
It's sad! People that have money to invest in agriculture prefer it to liein their accounts while they cry for lack of food!

People with money need to tap into that huge market!
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by mikolo80: 3:56am On Jun 15, 2016
thomasthomas:
It's sad! People that have money to invest in agriculture prefer it to liein their accounts while they cry for lack of food!

People with money need to tap into that huge market!
don't you have money?
We all have money.
Just not as much as them
We just need to pool it
And invest
Start small
Scale up
Hammer
Relax more for us
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2016
mikolo80:
don't you have money?
We all have money.
Just not as much as them
We just need to pool it
And invest
Start small
Scale up
Hammer
Relax more for us
yes, I agree but it will take a very long time as far as farming is concerned. We need large scale farmer. From 1000 hectres up...
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by cindybella101(f): 11:42am On Jun 15, 2016
thomasthomas:
yes, I agree but it will take a very long time as far as farming is concerned. We need large scale farmer. From 1000 hectres up...
You mustn't start on a large scale, all successful businessmen started in a small way
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by einst3in: 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
thomasthomas:
Why can't everybody be a farmer in Nigeria? It's not an impossibility tho. You don't need a large farm to be a farmer. You can plant waterleaf around the house even in containers.

Besides you can't use one event to generalise, Nigeria has 36 states plus FCT so if we are having problems now with one state how about the other 35? Also Benue has other LGAs that are not affected. Do we have herdsmen destroying farms too in those states and LGAs? Wired fence is not too expensive to build for around your farm to keep animals away.

To escape hunger is not through blame, everyone needs to work hard and be industrious.

I still say again, blame is a lazy man's game!
abeg leave the man. Hunger never catch us well for this country that is why everybody is waiting for a perfect agricultural policy. The truth is if you so much want to eat foreign rice and the price has gone up, who is stopping anybody from growing your own and feeding yourself. The land is there brekete.
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
einst3in:
abeg leave the man. Hunger never catch us well for this country that is why everybody is waiting for a perfect agricultural policy. The truth is if you so much want to eat foreign rice and the price has gone up, who is stopping anybody from growing your own and feeding yourself. The land is there brekete.
I wonder people complain of foreign rice being expensive when there is local rice. sad sad

If you must eat rice, eat Abakaliki rice forget Thailand rice if you can't afford it grin grin

Better still, grow your own. tongue tongue
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 12:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
cindybella101:

You mustn't start on a large scale, all successful businessmen started in a small way
For me, I can make do with subsistence farming but to overcome this food shortage, then huge amounts of money needs to be invested.

Some Nigerians who steal money and keep abroad should bring it back and invest in agriculture. There has to be food. Government too at all levels should give out loans to small farmers to become big as well!

You can't imagine how large the farm I always dream of having. I just want to cultivate one LGA out of the 774 LGAs in Nigeria only me. sad sad sad cheesy cheesy
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by mikolo80: 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
thomasthomas:
then gada 1000 farmer investors. First bank has over a million shareholders getting peanuts from their investment. I won't talk about other banks and insurance companies. All this 12 kobo dividend on 70 naira investment when they can double their money in Agric.

Imagine Catholic church coops investing in farms.
Teacher coops
Civil servant coops
Police
Army
Nlc
Coca Cola, Nnpc staff coops
Start somewhere
Grow
If you like give 9 women belle
Na still 9 months you go wait. To born d pikin
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by newbornmacho(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
cindybella101:

There are many states that are doing well in terns of agriculture, states like Benue, taraba, nasarawa, Ebonyi, anambra, bauchi, osun and Ogun e.t.c they just need to be empowered by their respective government and watch as we stop complaining of high cost of food. Our overdependence one oil has taken away most of the sense of our politicians, they are only concerned on how to share the oil money. And lastly, about your post, the activities of those murderous herdsmen does not hamper food supply rather it deals negatively with food production cos nobody is producing/planting anything talk more of supplying.

Shalom cool
I love you cindybella101...whether you farm or not kiss
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by cindybella101(f): 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
newbornmacho:
I love you cindybella101...whether you farm or not kiss
you are funny cool
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by mikolo80: 2:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
thomasthomas:
not really. Simply double peasant farmers productivity with fertiliser, Mech and or irrigation. There's a hundred million of them
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 3:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
mikolo80:
then gada 1000 farmer investors. First bank has over a million shareholders getting peanuts from their investment. I won't talk about other banks and insurance companies. All this 12 kobo dividend on 70 naira investment when they can double their money in Agric.

Imagine Catholic church coops investing in farms.
Teacher coops
Civil servant coops
Police
Army
Nlc
Coca Cola, Nnpc staff coops
Start somewhere
Grow
If you like give 9 women belle
Na still 9 months you go wait. To born d pikin
Hahaha... Some banks dividend can be embarrassing. grin grin grin grin imagine getting 37 kobo shocked shocked

You are right, more cooperatives need to take up farming and stop discussing politics angry angry
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
mikolo80:
not really. Simply double peasant farmers productivity with fertiliser, Mech and or irrigation. There's a hundred million of them
What do the various Agricultural agencies of government doing sef? It's only FG that you will hear talking of farmers, the LG don't do anything concerning farming.

We need more farmers to give us more food instead of crying about the high price of imported food!
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by mikolo80: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
thomasthomas:
What do the various Agricultural agencies of government doing sef? It's only FG that you will hear talking of farmers, the LG don't do anything concerning farming.

We need more farmers to give us more food instead of crying about the high price of imported food!
LG are appointed by governors today.
They only conduct election 6 months to passing out after 2nd term. And new governor Will sack them and appoint his own ppl so they don't control any budget. State claim they're administering projects on their behalf.

So unless you are appointed and you have ambition most lga chairmen Just chop dia own and Hope they are ''promoted '' like wike that was made minister and is now governor.

Sad but hopefully we Will change these anomalies
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by mikolo80: 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
thomasthomas:
Hahaha... Some banks dividend can be embarrassing. grin grin grin grin imagine getting 37 kobo shocked shocked

You are right, more cooperatives need to take up farming and stop discussing politics angry angry
Ah my friend politics is the koko o.
That's where tie most capital is concentrated in any economy.
You cannot afford to ignore politics
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
mikolo80:

LG are appointed by governors today.
They only conduct election 6 months to passing out after 2nd term. And new governor Will sack them and appoint his own ppl so they don't control any budget. State claim they're administering projects on their behalf.

So unless you are appointed and you have ambition most lga chairmen Just chop dia own and Hope they are ''promoted '' like wike that was made minister and is now governor.

Sad but hopefully we Will change these anomalies
If the LGAs get their allocations straight to their coffers from FG, elections to the councils will be interesting and good candidates will contest and development can really be micro managed at that level.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari's Death Rumor In London Strikes Media / BREAKING NEWS: ATIKU WINS PDP PRIMARY ELECTION WITH 1532 VOTES / PDP To INEC: Declare Atiku Winner Now - Vanguard Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.