Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! (3766 Views)

Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Umahi Storms Benue With Obasanjo On Bid To Boost Food Production (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by newbornmacho(m): 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
cindybella101:
you are funny cool
you r lovely.
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
newbornmacho:
you r lovely.
Come lover boy, we dey talk farming and food you dey talk love. Na love she go chop? cheesy cheesy cheesy

You no go go find land begin farm before you come dey talk love here... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
I like this topic. Hope it will challenge and inspire our youths into getting into farming. Enough of excuses. Just do it. Look for land (inherited land from village, rent or buy) and plant food. Like many other things, the current high cost of food item is a function of local supply versus demand.
For prices to crash, supply needs to go up. Be part of the solution.
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by Emekamex(m): 8:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
Government can encourage youths into agriculture by setting up storage facilities/agencies that buy food directly from small scale farmers, store them and then resell to prospective buyers.
Nigeria's major problem in agriculture is not actually low cultivation but inadequate food storage.
Half of food produced in Benue go bad before it can actually reach consumers, so that is one aspect that government should look into.
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2016
deji15:
I like this topic. Hope it will challenge and inspire our youths into getting into farming. Enough of excuses. Just do it. Look for land (inherited land from village, rent or buy) and plant food. Like many other things, the current high cost of food item is a function of local supply versus demand.
For prices to crash, supply needs to go up. Be part of the solution.
Thank you for your observation. I wish the mods will get the thread to front page.

I see miles and miles of uncultivated lands even in the villages. At a time like this, if we have more food supply then the hardship would have been much lighter.

Let's be industrious guys, those countries we are expecting food from are very industrious before they can feed our large population and making money too from our being lazy.

Let's start eating healthy foods with preservatives smiley

1 Like

Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by newbornmacho(m): 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
thomasthomas:
Come lover boy, we dey talk farming and food you dey talk love. Na love she go chop? cheesy cheesy cheesy

You no go go find land begin farm before you come dey talk love here... grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin I almost forgot we're in a recession... Abeg no vex . but no be my fault, the chick is gold. In fact for her sake some of my plots wey don dey fallow since must become farm smiley. On a more serious note bro you doing a great job and I'm inspired ...for real
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by yaki84: 9:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
thomasthomas:
It's a sad thing when you listen to people lament about the cost of a bag of Thailand rice which I learnt about 18,000 naira. I quickly did a research on the population of Thailand and discovered Thailand is just 67 million people and I wonder 180 million people are being fed by just 67 million people? Oh what a shame!

The Sultan of Sokoto decried the ban on the importation of rice from this tiny country to feed the 'giant of Africa', oh what a disgrace. Nigeria has no business importing food with the population we have. If we are indeed industrious, with the population, we should have enough to export to other countries and not import.

It saddens me that a country of 180 million people with a large land mass still beg for food from tiny nations; we import, rice, frozen chicken, frozen fish, onions and even tomato paste! Why can't people be more industrious in farming? Why should smaller nations be feeding us while we cry to the government for food?

People need to be more industrious at least let us feed ourselves well! I'm sick and tired of this rice dey cost, there's no food, it's just a sign of laziness on the part of Nigerians!

Wake up people and cultivate your land, raise animals and feed yourselves, STOP BEING LAZY.

BLAME IS A LAZY MAN'S GAME! Stop blaming the government for your laziness!

Modified:

Mr lalatisclacla. grin push this to FP for discussion, I know most youths don't like thread like this tongue

can u show us ur farmland u hv cultivated over the yrs?

when lazy fool dey call anoda lazy, pathetic is the word!
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
yaki84:

can u show us ur farmland u hv cultivated over the yrs?

when lazy fool dey call anoda lazy, pathetic is the word!
Well I'm not here to exchange words with unserious complainers like you. You can keep on complaining about government not spending money on the importation of rice etc

I won't open a thread to tell people to be industrious when I'm not myself. People like you are not progressive or inspiring.

To me your comment is as useless as my shit in the toilet because immediately I get up I just flush the shit away grin grin grin

Totally useless!... cheesy cheesy
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by Horus(m): 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfSm_FYDBbQ

[size=14pt]Nigerian farmers must boost agricultural production, says Buhari[/size]

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari says he wants to boost the country's agriculture sector. This is to reduce reliance on crude oil exports ,cut back on importation and generate jobs.But the sector still still needs to overcome many challenges including poor transport infrastructure and a lack of warehouse facilities.
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by Itoroetti(m): 9:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
Thomasthomas, u were always blaming previous government even for ur inability to poo, so why do u now expect us not to blame this government? Oh now u feel the heat and ure now trying to show how good u are.
My brother, park well.
Re: Food Production: Nigerians Are Not Industrious! by thomasthomas: 10:58am On Jun 17, 2016
Itoroetti:
Thomasthomas, u were always blaming previous government even for ur inability to poo, so why do u now expect us not to blame this government? Oh now u feel the heat and ure now trying to show how good u are.
My brother, park well.
Who is stopping you from wailing... Go ahead and wail grin grin grin grin

Meanwhile, I'm blaming everyone including the government at various levels; Federal, State and Local.

Go and farm and stop expecting food from the FG alone, what are you and the state and LG doing? tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kanu's Life Threatened, Evidences Emerge / Asari Dokubo Renounces Nigerian Citizenship, Declares Support For Biafra / Fayose In 2014 And Fayose In 2018 During Elections (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.