Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) (15924 Views)

Nigerians Queue For Fuel With Their Generator Sets In Lagos (Photos) / Watch Kachikwu Explains Subsidy Removal As Against Osinbanjo Who Lied / Increase In Fuel Price: Osinbajo Explains Reasons Behind It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by tbaba1234: 6:06am On Apr 07, 2016
Minister of State for petroleum gave a detailed explanation about the fuel problem on his Facebook page. He explained the reasons and what has been done. He pointed out the short term, mid term and long term solutions.

It is an interesting video.

After listening to the video, i think the biggest problem of this government is communication.

http://www.facebook.com/IbeKachikwu/videos/793045980826982/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ijMONeXnK4

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by Realdeals(m): 6:08am On Apr 07, 2016
Nigerians need to understand the situation at hand. I expect Fashola to do something similar too

Can't watch the video? Read the full transcript http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-news/2016/04/07/why-there-is-scarcity-of-fuel-kachikwu/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by hungryboy(m): 6:12am On Apr 07, 2016
All dis one na long thing, Oga Kachikwu, we no wan hear your story, Na fuel we wan see
#bringbackourfuel

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by nnachukz(m): 6:16am On Apr 07, 2016
The only meaningful thing we want to hear now is that the fuel scarcity has ended. He can keep his explanation to himself.

5 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by Flexherbal(m): 6:22am On Apr 07, 2016
It is because we are tired of too many talks from politicians.
We need action not words.

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by Remii(m): 7:45am On Apr 07, 2016
nnachukz:
The only meaningful thing we want to hear now is that the fuel scarcity has ended. He can keep his explanation to himself.
he has told you that he is not a magician, next time vote TBJosua or Prof Peller, lol

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by caprini1: 8:08am On Apr 07, 2016
Dude should resign and go start up HINT magazine again and continue telling us family stories...nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by 989900: 8:38am On Apr 07, 2016
caprini1:
Dude should resign and go start up HINT magazine again and continue telling us family stories...nonsense!

Did you watch the video?

If you did, why is the above your opinion?

And, in his shoes, what better approach would you have pursued?

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by 989900: 8:43am On Apr 07, 2016
Kachikwu is trying; I think the fed. minister of petroleum needs to sit his ass tight and stay hands-on on this issue for a week or thereabout with Kachikwu to make things happen faster.

Fast tracking PPP arrangements as regards the pipelines and depots should have happened since January!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by drss(m): 8:46am On Apr 07, 2016
who wants to hear a junior minister why is buari dullard who is d substansive oyel minister not talking to nigerians about dis fuel scarcity

6 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by caprini1: 8:52am On Apr 07, 2016
989900:

Did you watch the video?

If you did, why is the above your opinion?

And, in his shoes, what better approach would you have pursued?
Yes I watched the video,and Ibe is a good orator,but I refuse to be swayed by his lyrics...the balance of the 40% of product by importers to supplement what NNPC produces,did not come partly by lack of forex for importers.........oh please!.....knowing that everything runs on fuel,why not make special provisions for them?....On payments of subsidy,why not negotiate better and at least keep the fuel coming,than wait before it became like a tussle between marketers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by cornerstone2019: 8:55am On Apr 07, 2016
May God see u guys thru, I suffer ad struggle 4 d betterment of dis grate country. 7is not easy at all. Wen d fruit is ripe I will not be lost. God bless Nigeria!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by 989900: 9:03am On Apr 07, 2016
caprini1:
Yes I watched the video,and Ibe is a good orator,but I refuse to be swayed by his lyrics...the balance of the 40% of product by importers to supplement what NNPC produces,did not come partly by lack of forex for importers.........oh please!.....knowing that everything runs on fuel,why not make special provisions for them?....On payments of subsidy,why not negotiate better and at least keep the fuel coming,than wait before it became like a tussle between marketers.

I think he answered the same points you raised.

6 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by caprini1: 9:08am On Apr 07, 2016
989900:

I think he answered the same points you raised.

I really don't want this fuel impasse to dent Ibe,s CV .Yes more stations are selling,but still at N200/liter.
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by PapaBrowne(m): 9:12am On Apr 07, 2016
Interesting video.

From all indications the cause of the Fuel scarcity is clear. If you listened carefully, you'd understand the real reason why it was so easy for Jonathan to provide us fuel and it's been so difficult for Buhari to do same.

Kachichukwu's 3 undertones.

1)We(NNPC) shouldn't have attempted to go it(importation) alone.
Buhari assumed that NNPC can supply all our fuel needs so he decided to discontinue supply relationship with importers by frustrating their forex demands. He wanted NNPC to do all the importation but forgot to determine first whether they had the capability to execute such a monumental charge. It's like deciding the government would now be responsible for bread supply in the country without first determining if they know the flour suppliers, whether they have enough bakers and things like that.

2)Pipeline vandalism.
Kachichukwu said there has been more pipeline vandalism this year alone than there was in the last 3 years combined. And this has affected terribly fuel supply logistics.
Well I wouldn't say anything here besides the fact that the tompolo pipeline contract suddenly looks like it was the wiser step afterall since whoever is now guarding those pipelines are failing terribly where Tompolo succeeded.

3)Returning to the Jonathan strategy-
Kachichukwu has admitted that the NNPC cannot do this importation thing alone. So same as Jonathan did, they are now deciding to let the private sector get in on importation again.

Truth be told, Buhari's assumption that what worked in the 70s would work today is what is largely responsible for the troubles we are finding ourselves. The earlier Buhari allows his minister their freedom to operate, the faster we would get out of the mess we are facing.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by 989900: 9:21am On Apr 07, 2016
caprini1:
I really don't want this fuel impasse to dent Ibe,s CV .Yes more stations are selling,but still at N200/liter.

I think Kachikwu and NNPC, the fed.minister of petroleum (Buhari), and the FEC., need to have a 1 week long workshop with petroleum investors (both foreign and local) on the direction the government is headed as regards (modular refineries, major private refineries, gov't refineries, pipelines, depots, security, and e.t.c.)

Then the ministry can make a positively-informed-bold-decision.

It's crazy having to truck tens of millions of litres of 'imported fuel' bought with scarce forex in 2016 -- it will never be a long term solution!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by vedaxcool(m): 9:36am On Apr 07, 2016
PapaBrowne:
Interesting video.
[s]From all indications the cause of the Fuel scarcity is clear. If you listened carefully, you'd understand the real reason why it was so easy for Jonathan to provide us fuel and it's been so difficult for Buhari to do same.
Buhari assumed that NNPC can supply all our fuel needs so he decided to discontinue supply relationship with importers by frustrating their forex demands. He wanted NNPC to do all the importation but forgot to determine first whether they had the capability to execute such a monumental charge[/s].

Lies upon lies to lift the ineffectual..... cv in failure is plain sickening. When did Kachikwu said NNPC attempted to lift petrol alone? He said, the marketers deliberately reduced their importation due to shortage of forex, what point, did Buhari ever told you that he wants NNPC to be sole supplier of petroleum? It is this sort of lies you use in fooling yourselves for 16 yrs till we drove you people away!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by vedaxcool(m): 10:39am On Apr 07, 2016
Reasons Kachkikwu identifed

1. Insufficient Forex, largely due to massive looting of Jonathan lead administration and a massive fall in the price of oil

2. Pipeline vandalism, by the criminal network of tompolo who is an outlaw hiding from the law

3. Poor distribution network, which has caused systemic challenges, transporting millions of litres of fuel by road is a major inefficiency being faced in the sector.

4. The need to nudge the oil majors into taking a more major role in the down stream sector

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by omohayek: 11:09am On Apr 07, 2016
Now, this is what a competent official sounds like! It's clear that Kachikwu fully understands the problems affecting fuel supply in Nigeria, as well as the solutions required to deal with the issue once and for all.

Unfortunately, it's also clear that the policy preferences of his boss (aka the Minister of Petroleum, aka the Junketer in Chief) have made what was already a bad situation even worse: Buhari is to blame for cancelling the contract with Tompolo which has led to an upsurge in vandalism, Buhari is to blame for a ridiculous FX policy which has brought domestic business to its knees, and Buhari is to blame for refusing to listen to Kachikwu when he first suggested privatizing and deregulating several months ago.

And just for the record, I say all of the above as neither an APC nor a PDP supporter. Jonathan's regime was rife with corruption, and his lack of decisiveness allowed Boko Haram to grow from a local nuisance into a huge menace; as such, it's perfectly understandable why the majority of voters should have wanted him out of office. The pity for Nigeria is that the only alternative to Jonathan was a stubborn old economic illiterate who is convinced that he can run an entire country's economy along the same 'command and control' lines he learned in the army.

If Buhari persists in his current course of action, he risks turning the country into another Venezuela or Zimbabwe, and those who are currently crying "bring back corruption" will start to sound all too reasonable to the majority of Nigerians.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by vedaxcool(m): 11:21am On Apr 07, 2016
omohayek:
Now, this is what a competent official sounds like! It's clear that Kachikwu fully understands the problems affecting fuel supply in Nigeria, as well as the solutions required to deal with the issue once and for all.

[s]Unfortunately, it's also clear that the policy preferences of his boss (aka the Minister of Petroleum, aka the Junketer in Chief) have made what was already a bad situation even worse: Buhari is to blame for cancelling the contract with Tompolo which has led to an upsurge in vandalism, Buhari is to blame for a ridiculous FX policy which has brought domestic business to its knees, and Buhari is to blame for refusing to listen to Kachikwu when he first suggested privatizing and deregulating several months ago.

And just for the record, I say all of the above as neither an APC nor a PDP supporter. Jonathan's regime was rife with corruption, and his lack of decisiveness allowed Boko Haram to grow from a local nuisance into a huge menace; as such, it's perfectly understandable why the majority of voters should have wanted him out of office. The pity for Nigeria is that the only alternative to Jonathan was a stubborn old economic illiterate who is convinced that he can run an entire country's economy along the same 'command and control' lines he learned in the army.

If Buhari persists in his current course of action, he risks turning the country into another Venezuela or Zimbabwe, and those who are currently crying "bring back corruption" will start to sound all too reasonable to the majority of Nigerians.[/s]

Rubbish from a career gossip who pretends to be sitting next to PMB whenever Kachikwu speaks to him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by omohayek: 11:26am On Apr 07, 2016
vedaxcool:

Rubbish from a career gossip who pretends to be sitting next to PMB whenever Kachikwu speaks to him.

And you know my career how, exactly? Keep your blind, content-free, stupidly partisan apologetics for total economic incompetence to yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by enlightenedmind: 11:53am On Apr 07, 2016
See
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by enlightenedmind: 11:55am On Apr 07, 2016
So every thing still links back to PDP. See Kachikwu on the field. Some PDP will never do. God Bless APC OOOOO thank you GOD. We are finally refining oil. Finally there is hope. All of you screaming for fuel, the suffering has just started. Sit tight.
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by MadCow1: 11:57am On Apr 07, 2016
No time to watch the video..

All I know is that Kachikwu is 100,000,000,000,000,000.00 times better than Diezani..

But as sure as President Buhari is President, Hear ye all the word, this Fuel scarcity we see today, we shall see it no more..

11 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by enlightenedmind: 11:57am On Apr 07, 2016
caprini1:

You heard what he said... Get up and do something useful. Stop sitting on ur ass and expect govt to put loot in ur account

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by MadCow1: 11:58am On Apr 07, 2016
tbaba1234:
Minister of State for petroleum gave a detailed explanation about the fuel problem on his Facebook page. He explained the reasons and what has been done. He pointed out the short term, mid term and long term solutions.

It is an interesting video.

After listening to the video, i think the biggest problem of this government is communication.

http://www.facebook.com/IbeKachikwu/videos/793045980826982/

@ Bolded.... I Concur 100%

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by MadCow1: 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
vedaxcool:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by enlightenedmind: 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
PapaBrowne:
Interesting video.

From all indications the cause of the Fuel scarcity is clear. If you listened carefully, you'd understand the real reason why it was so easy for Jonathan to provide us fuel and it's been so difficult for Buhari to do same.

Buhari assumed that NNPC can supply all our fuel needs so he decided to discontinue supply relationship with importers by frustrating their forex demands. He wanted NNPC to do all the importation but forgot to determine first whether they had the capability to execute such a monumental charge. It's like deciding the government would now be responsible for bread supply in the country without first determining if they know the flour suppliers, whether they have enough bakers and things like that.

2)Pipeline vandalism.
Kachichukwu said there has been more pipeline vandalism this year alone than there was in the last 3 years combined. And this has affected terribly fuel supply logistics.
Well I wouldn't say anything here besides the fact that the tompolo pipeline contract suddenly looks like it was the wiser step afterall since whoever is now guarding those pipelines are failing terribly where Tompolo succeeded.

3)Returning to the Jonathan strategy-
Kachichukwu has admitted that the NNPC cannot do this importation thing alone. So same as Jonathan did, they are now deciding to let the private sector get in on importation again.

Truth be told, Buhari's assumption that what worked in the 70s would work today is what is largely responsible for the troubles we are finding ourselves. The earlier Buhari allows his minister their freedom to operate, the faster we would get out of the mess we are facing.

Why dont they have the capacity? So why do they exist then? What is their purpose if they cannot meet the capacity of the sector they were created to manage? Why do they get paid so much? Please do your jobs. No one cares really what Buhari did. Why were we importing fuel? So what has NNPC been doing for 16 years? Collecting importation loot. Please do ur jobs.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by Rexphobia(m): 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
Very deep video....But I think he was addressing NNPC staff and not Nigerians. Maybe the Minister of Petroleum should address us then. Perhaps, Uncle Fashola should take a cue from this.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by fr3do(m): 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
Excuses
Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by KAYNINI(m): 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
Maybe i should clap for him for rolling up his sleaves and doing all the first times in few years

alot of things are not done at once - they are spread out for a period with provisions to cushion off any effects that may come upon citizens

i must hail his media expects, they are good in their quest to put him as someone trying more than enough for the country

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu Explains Reasons For Fuel Scarcity (video) by gbens2000(m): 12:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
This all trash,that's wat they have decided in their league the smart Nigerians know the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

83 New Ambassadors Stranded Five Months After Senate Confirmation / ‘There Won’t Be Outside Influence’ — CJN Speaks On Supreme Court ‘VAT Panel’ / Ohanaeze Asks FCT Minister To Ban Activities Of Eze-igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.