Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope (19088 Views)

Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly / PDP Chairman: Those Plotting To Destroy South-West Will Not Succeed – Babatope / The North Will Be Making The Greatest Mistake If They Declared A War On Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by sarrki(m): 5:38am On Feb 10, 2017
Former Minister of Transport, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, who is also a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in this interview, speaks on the crisis rocking the party, the proposed mega party, President Muhammadu Buhari and the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), among other issues. BOLA BADMUS brings excerpts:

Two weeks ago, former President Goodluck Jonathan met with former President Olusegun Obasanjo. Some people are already speculating that the meeting was a signal that PDP is gradually coming back. Do you see anything happening in that direction?

I don’t see anything wrong if Goodluck Jonathan holds any meeting with Olusegun Obasanjo and when Obasanjo was with us in PDP, I refused to comment on him. Well, Nigerians know my position on Obasanjo; I don’t like him, but that is immaterial today. Former President Jonathan has every right in this world to go and visit whoever he wants to visit and whether you like it or not, Obasanjo is a phenomenon in this country.

But the fact must be said, PDP will be cutting itself in the feet by thinking that Obasanjo will revive its victory and glory. No. I know him very well; Obasanjo has been my friend for a long time. When Obasanjo joined others to seize power and they drove General Yakubu Gowon out of power, I was one of his friends and allies. In fact, Obasanjo took me to Angola in those days; even though we were forgotten there, but we were rescued.

So I can’t see the meeting of Jonathan with Obasanjo as something to revive the PDP. If Obasanjo wants to come back, he is free and don’t forget, Obasanjo is a survivalist and a fighter. If you think you can pull Obasanjo down, be very careful. Obasanjo has tremendous native intelligence and if you are not careful, if you want to pull him down, you may be pulling yourself down. So he understands more of national affairs, Nigerian affairs and African affairs.

Goodluck Jonathan is a nice man, but he must also be very, very careful. If he thinks Obasanjo would forget everything that divided them, Jonathan would be making mistakes. The only thing I know is that when I wanted to be the national secretary of PDP, I knew that my egbon, Obasanjo, would fight me down and he did. He fought me down and fought me out. I didn’t talk because I knew I was going to get him and I am waiting for him. I have not got the good opportunity to move against him, but I have not forgotten also.

PDP has been in a crisis which seems to be defying solution and people are already mooting the idea of forming a mega party. What are the chances of such a mega party in the country?

I know that the group that I represent, the group that all of us belong, including Bode George, we have not taken a decision to move into another party. We don’t believe in that kind of a thing. But those who moved from PDP, like I said, they know why they moved. I don’t believe in the Third Party or Second Party. I believe we should make success of what we are doing now before we can move forward. You don’t need to talk of a Third Force or Third Party. Third Party or Third Force would emerge naturally because we shall help PDP to dig its grave and put them there and bury them. And then, since we can never be idle, and since God has not taken our lives, we would still be relevant in the politics of this country and we shall move ahead and ensure that we are very forceful to articulate the wishes of the PDP.

Some people would think that this press conference is coming because the governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayodele Fayose, has just emerged as the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum. What is your take on this?

I wish Governor Fayose the best of luck; he is a young man who has been fighting. I know Ayo Fayose very well; his uncle that is the blood brother of his own mother, S. A. Brown of blessed memory, was my friend until he died. We taught in the same secondary school in Surulere in those days. So I know Ayo Fayose very, very well.  I just want to appeal to him that by becoming the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, he does not join forces with those who want to decimate PDP by bringing out all those things that can divide and destroy PDP.

With all these divisions, do you think PDP will ever come out of its present problem?

We will come out if people are honest. If people are honest, if they call a new convention, if they are not going to do what they did in Port Harcourt where some of them turned themselves into tyrants and they turned their state Government Houses to state houses of dishonour. But if they pursue the truth and follow the truth, they would save PDP from going down and they would also save this country in having a vibrant party that PDP is to ensure smooth progress for democracy in Nigeria.

Some people have looked at the crisis rocking the party and came to the conclusion that it was caused by external forces, but this is a position different from yours. Can you make further clarification?

The crisis was caused by PDP; nobody followed us to Port Harcourt [for the PDP National Convention]. We went to Port Harcourt on our own volition and when we got there. When they said Bode George should come for screening, we thought it was a genuine screening, not knowing it was not. Some young men within PDP, not from the All Progressives Congress (APC), caused the crisis. I have never in my life said APC has meddled in our affairs. If they meddled, I mean that is what politics is all about; politics is never I rub your back and your rub mine. But we were lucky all the ways until President Muhammadu Buhari used his army to intervene.

Some people have made their minds that they didn’t want a particular person. Don’t forget that before we got to Port Harcourt, we had faced a statement which said old men should be consigned into dustbins of history in PDP. The statement was not made by APC; it was made by PDP. They said no old man above the age of 70, but who will not clock ? But they said we should be wiped out. It is not APC people who said that; it was PDP people that said that.

That is why we are sounding this note of warning that, yes, of course, we are old; I would

http://tribuneonlineng.com/gejll-making-mistake-thinks-objll-forget-divided-babatope/

1 Like

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by izzou(m): 5:38am On Feb 10, 2017
grin

This is just his personal opinion about the fate of pdp.

Don't masturbate over it.
cc: Sarrki

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by sarrki(m): 5:40am On Feb 10, 2017
Sir Ebenezer,

If the chose to make peace so be it

They are former President of our great nation

They have to work together for the common good of our great nation

4 Likes

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by sarrki(m): 5:44am On Feb 10, 2017
izzou:
grin

This is just his personal opinion about the fate of pdp.

Don't masturbate over it.
cc: Sarrki

Morning

Don't get it twisted

Gej is my leader and former President

The only grudge I have with him is not personal

He's still my leader

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by izzou(m): 5:46am On Feb 10, 2017
sarrki:

Morning

Don't get it twisted

Gej is my leader and former President

The only grudge I have with him is not personal

He's still my leader

And what is the grudge sir?

1 Like

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 10, 2017
Issokay
Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by sarrki(m): 5:50am On Feb 10, 2017
izzou:

And what is the grudge sir?

He destroyed my country

When I voted him I wanted a mini dubai after his tenure

What I got was a mega Somalia

That's why I used it's personal

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by madridguy(m): 5:52am On Feb 10, 2017
GEJ THEIR ERROR. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by Atiku2019: 5:52am On Feb 10, 2017
Mega Party Loading.............. smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by sarrki(m): 5:54am On Feb 10, 2017
madridguy:
Typing.......

A patriot

Tested and trusted

May your days be long

Don't be detter wailers will want to weigh you down

Be strong for the nation

For generations yet unborn

6 Likes

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by izzou(m): 5:59am On Feb 10, 2017
sarrki:

He destroyed my country

Exactly

And Buhari is seriously fixing it.

I wanted #1 to $1 but Buhari suggested we get to #500 first.

I wanted #40 to 1 litre of petrol but Buhari said we should get to #145 first.

Buhari wanted subsidy in 2012 and protested for it to be I included, but today he has removed it despite the hardship we are experiencing.

Buhari had zero tolerance for corruption before 2015. But today, likes of Amaechi, Audu Ogbeh, Saraki, Tambuwal, and all pdp thieves are making sure he fights it

I agree with you bro

cool

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by Nobody: 6:01am On Feb 10, 2017
Take it or leave it, Obasanjo is still your father

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by sarrki(m): 6:04am On Feb 10, 2017
izzou:

Exactly

And Buhari is seriously fixing it.

I wanted #1 to $1 but Buhari suggested we get to #500 first.

I wanted #40 to 1 litre of petrol but Buhari said we should get to #145 first.

Buhari wanted subsidy in 2012 and protested for it to be I included, but today he has removed it despite the hardship we are experiencing.

Buhari had zero tolerance for corruption before 2015. But today, likes of Amaechi, Audu Ogbeh, Saraki, Tambuwal, and all pdp thieves are making sure he fights it

I agree with you bro

cool

The dollar rate is not the issue once it can be stable this will make investors to have confidence and they will invest.

On issue if the corrupt people wit the set of hooligans we have as judges no case on corruption can triumph

3 Likes

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by izzou(m): 6:12am On Feb 10, 2017
sarrki:

The dollar rate is not the issue once it can be stable this will make investors to have confidence and they will invest.

On issue if the corrupt people wit the set of hooligans we have as judges no case on corruption can triumph
What has a judge got to do with the appointment of a corrupt person?

Or you still want to make yourself believe that all Buhari appointed are not corrupt?

If someone like Audu Ogbeh can make that list, after all his years in pdp starting from Obasanjo regime, then Buhari is just another Basketmouth in the making

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by vanbonattel: 6:18am On Feb 10, 2017
sarrki:

The dollar rate is not the issue? grin grin grin grin

My mouth oooo grin grin Hamattan wan tear my mouth as I dey laff grin grin

Zombeism is bad.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by sarrki(m): 6:19am On Feb 10, 2017
izzou:

Or you still want to make yourself believe that all Buhari appointed are not corrupt?

If someone like Audu Ogbeh can make that list, after all his years in pdp starting from Obasanjo regime, then Buhari is just another Basketmouth in the making

Audu ogbeh was a minister during shagari

No one ever indicted him of corrupt practices.

On Amaechi it will make sense for woke to investigate and take him to court based on his investigation

Otherwise all this Amaechi is this and that will be in futility

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by vanbonattel: 6:22am On Feb 10, 2017
sarrki:

Audu ogbeh was a minister during shagari

No one ever indicted him of corrupt practices.

On Amaechi it will make sense for woke to investigate and take him to court based on his investigation

Otherwise all this Amaechi is this and that will be in futility

As soon as you cross into Apc, all your sins will be forgotten. Old things are passed away and you become new. Only PDP folks are corrupt.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by sarrki(m): 6:25am On Feb 10, 2017
vanbonattel:

The dollar rate is not the issue? grin grin grin grin

My mouth oooo grin grin Hamattan wan tear my mouth as I dey laff grin grin

Zombeism is bad.

Yeah I mean it quote me anywhere

Dollar is not the issue.

All we want is a stable exchange rate

Indirectly we are killing importation and encouraging exportation that's what it means

Take a spot check today in all the big supermarkets around you , you will find out that madequate in Nigeria products are doing well.

All you see before from kellogs to Similac are all imported now what you see is nasco cornflakes in jos and peak milk in lagos

5 Likes

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by vanbonattel: 6:31am On Feb 10, 2017
sarrki:

Dollar is not the issue.

Indirectly we are killing importation and encouraging exportation that's what it means

Take a spot check today in all the big supermarkets around you , you will find out that madequate in Nigeria products are doing well.

All you see before from kellogs to Similac are all imported now what you see is nasco cornflakes in jos and peak milk in lagos

Nasco farms in jos could only survive if the herdsmen don't eat up the whole crops. That is why kellogs continue to rule the supermarket shelves. Peak milk is seriously facing challenges from far cheaper alternatives flooding in from abroad, because the herdsmen prefer to use the cattle to trample the whole nation instead of ranching and harvesting milk.

Where is electricity to produce anything? Are you now starting to understand why we need a lot of dollars to import every stuff?

This government is super clueless.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by verygudbadguy(m): 6:39am On Feb 10, 2017
izzou:

You may be right in some ways especially in the appointment of some obvious crooks in Buhari's cabinet.

I still think Buhari means well for Nigerians but you know, one tree cannot make a forest.
The same way former President Goodluck meant well for us but got trapped by the powers that be(Cabal).

We can only keep praying for a miracle from God. Our leaders have some their heart to the devil hence, no empathy for the masses.

1 Like

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by verygudbadguy(m): 6:47am On Feb 10, 2017
sarrki:

Dollar is not the issue.

For every disappointment, there is always a blessing in disguise. Truly, the dollar hike has opened our eyes to local producution and as a result boost exportation; I agree.
But, don't you think the masses would die of hunger even before we can achieve stability in forex. Inflation is so high that employees are now living in deficits.

Someone that earns 30k now spends almost 40k on sustenance. How on earth will that person meet other obligations.

We need a quick solution otherwise things would go bad.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by sarrki(m): 7:04am On Feb 10, 2017
verygudbadguy:

For every disappointment, there is always a blessing in disguise. Truly, the dollar hike has opened our eyes to local producution and as a result boost exportation; I agree.
But, don't you think the masses would die of hunger even before we can achieve stability in forex. Inflation is so high that employees are now living in deficits.

Someone that earns 30k now spends almost 40k on sustenance. How on earth will that person meet other obligations.

We need a quick solution otherwise things would go bad.

God bless you bro

I think the masses should do more of farming in addition to meet up

I mean the one that will sustain the family

It will help greatly

1 Like

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by madridguy(m): 7:37am On Feb 10, 2017
Thanks boss. Good morning....

sarrki:

A patriot

Tested and trusted

May your days be long

Don't be detter wailers will want to weigh you down

Be strong for the nation

For generations yet unborn

1 Like

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:02am On Feb 10, 2017
Assuming GEJ won d election n things turn out ds way.............
Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by BrutalJab: 8:02am On Feb 10, 2017
Izzokay...

Next.
Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2017
No comments
Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 8:04am On Feb 10, 2017
cool
Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 10, 2017
You old men should just die. What is it? People are hungry, you are talking about PDP crisis. Who be all this ones sef?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by juman(m): 8:05am On Feb 10, 2017
If I have the power I would send obasanjo to prison.

He set nigeria back more than anybody else.

1 Like

Re: GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope by DonCortino: 8:05am On Feb 10, 2017
sarrki:

He destroyed my country

And s mega somalia has been turned into mega sahara desert by the vulture in less than 2 yrs.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Signs Fourth Alteration Bill / Obanikoro Advised To Withdraw From Lagos West Senatorial Seat Race / FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.