Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,181 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

How To Interpret Dreams & Visions Part 1 By Segun Olumide - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Interpret Dreams & Visions Part 1 By Segun Olumide (1578 Views)

How To Interpret Dreams & Visions Part 3 By Segun Olumide / How To Interpret Dreams & Visions Part 2 By Segun Olumide / How To Receive The Holy Spirit by Segun Olumide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Interpret Dreams & Visions Part 1 By Segun Olumide by newapostolic: 11:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations in this volume are from the King James Version of the Bible.
KEYS TO OTHER BIBLE VERSIONS:
AMP - The Amplified Bible
NIV - New International Version
TLB - The Living Bible
Gideons - The Gideons International
RSV - Revised Standard Version
NCV - New Century Version

Copyright 2012 New Apostolic Movement
All rights reserved. 2ND EDITION (2013)

The New Apostolic Movement,
E-mail: newapostolicmovementintl@yahoo.com
+234 8161297781; +234 - 8053053578; + 234 7085951514.
TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. THE REASON WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER PLAY WITH GOD-GIVEN DREAMS AND VISIONS

2. SOURCES OF VISIONS AND DREAMS

3. PURPOSE OF VISIONS AND DREAMS

4. HOW TO INTERPRET VISIONS AND DREAMS

5. SOME SYMBOLS AND THEIR MEANINGS

6. PRACTICAL EXAMPLES

CHAPTER ONE

THE REASON WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER PLAY WITH GOD-GIVEN DREAMS AND VISIONS

Acts 2:17 (NLT) reads, "'In the last days, 'God says, 'I WILL POUR OUT MY SPIRIT UPON ALL PEOPLE. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will SEE VISIONS, and your old men will DREAM DREAMS.' "
On 13th May, 2008, my wife, who has a prophetic ministry saw in a horrible vision while praying. She saw 3 fully mature, muscular ferocious-looking cheetahs accompanied by 1 yellow dog running from Isolo Road to Kudeyibu Estate in Ijegun, Lagos State. We prayed about it, but not seriously enough. Then 2 days later, on 15th May, the pipeline fire explosion took place on the exact road that was shown to her.
You see, the cheetahs speak of fast spreading danger or rapidly moving destruction. The dog speaks of wickedness while yellow means fear in this context.
One night during Evangelist Stephen Jeffrey's preaching, a vision appeared on the wall of the church building. The first thing seen was a lamb followed by a tearful face of Jesus, as a man of sorrows.
The vision lasted for hours as attested to by hundreds of people who entered the sanctuary to see it. When this evangelist prayed about it, he felt that it had appeared as a sign of great suffering that was about to occur. A few weeks later the World War 1 began in 1914.
Sometime in 2010, a man who had read one of our publications called me on the phone and requested to meet me in person. So I gave him an appointment.
But then, I decided to ask the Lord whom this man coming to see me was. Surprisingly, right where I was on the chair, I seemed sleepy and had a quick vision or dream of someone standing on his toes and peeping. Also I saw a house fly. Then I became conscious.
Interestingly, this man eventually came to us to spy our liberty [to peep into our affairs] (Gal 2:4-5).
Worse still, he came with a lying spirit [the house fly in the vision]. He told me lies about women being ministers of the gospel [but my wife is a minister], about the genuineness of my call and about the three persons of the Godhead [He wrongly believed that the Father is the same person as the Son as well as the Holy Spirit].

CHAPTER TWO

SOURCES OF VISIONS AND DREAMS

i. God
'And the LORD said to them, "Now listen to what I say: If there were prophets among you, I, THE LORD, WOULD REVEAL MYSELF IN VISIONS. I WOULD SPEAK TO THEM IN DREAMS." ' (Nu 12:6, NLT).
ii. Satan (2Cor 11:14, NIV)

iii. Man
Eccl 5:3 reveals, "FOR A DREAM COMETH THROUGH THE MULTITUDE OF BUSINESS."
Another version renders this verse as, "TOO MUCH ACTIVITY GIVES YOU RESTLESS DREAMS" (NLT).

CHAPTER THREE

PURPOSE OF VISIONS AND DREAMS

i. To warn us against impending danger (Job 33:14-18, Gen 20:1-7, Mat 2:12, 21-23, Dan 4:13-17,19-27).

ii. To encourage our obedience, especially in discouraging circumstances (Mat 1:18-25, Gen28:10-17, Judg 7:9-16, NIV).

iii. To make us seek God for clearer interpretation (Num 12:6-8, Dan 2:16-18).

iv. To show us past, present or future events (Gen 2:20-23, 1Kgs 3:5-15→ present; Gen 15:7-8,12-16, Gen 37:5-10, Gen 41:1-7, Dan 2:26-28→future).

v. To move us to pray accurately or on target in order to birth or stop some things (Amos 7:1-6).
Some people received warning through dream or vision about a coming disaster which God wanted them to stop through WATCHING and PRAYING, but they took it lightly and the evil befell them.
On the other hand, God may show someone a dream or vision so that they can pray it into reality, but they refuse to pray fervently for it to materialize. So it is never fulfilled (see 1Tim 1:18).
vi. Sometimes, to get our attention after God had spoken to us another way without our perceiving His voice. (So He resorts to dreams).
Job 33: 14-16 explains it, "FOR GOD SPEAKETH ONCE, YEA TWICE, YET MAN PERCEIVETH IT NOT.
IN A DREAM, IN A VISION OF THE NIGHT, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumbering upon the bed;
THEN HE OPENETH THE EARS OF MEN, and sealeth their instructions."

CHAPTER FOUR

HOW TO INTERPRET VISIONS AND DREAMS

i. Realize that God knows all things (Gen 40:8, Deut 29:29).

ii. Pray constantly for the ability or wisdom to interpret (Jam 1:5, Dan 1:17).

iii. Don't assume interpretations, either literal [direct] or symbolic [figurative] (Num 14:44-45, Acts 10:17-21)
Assumption brings frustration and confusion. For example, if a man dreams and sees himself running a snail farm, it may mean that: (1) God wants him to start a snail farm that will bring him financial blessings [literal meaning] or (2) he has to deal with the spirit of slow progress or backwardness [ symbolic meaning].

iv. Study symbolism in the Scriptures, especially in the book of the prophets, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Revelation, etc (2Tim 2:15, Jn 5:39).

v. Read Holy Spirit-inspired books on interpretation of visions and dreams (Pro 27:17).

vi. Check your dictionary for specific meanings of words, idioms, proverbs, similes, analogies, and so on that may relate to what you are shown in your dream or vision (Ro 1:20).

vii. Pray in an unknown tongue over the vision or dream [if you are baptized with the Holy Spirit] and wait patiently (Ro 8:26-27, 1Cor 14:2).

viii. Listen to your heart (1Jn 4:15, Pro 20:27, Job 32:cool.

CHAPTER FIVE

SOME SYMBOLS AND THEIR MEANINGS

(See Part 2)

CHAPTER SIX

PRACTICAL EXAMPLES

(See Part 2)

RECOMMENDED BOOKS/MATERIALS:
1. Understanding Your Dreams → Henry Wiebe, Jnr
2. The Ministry of A Prophet → Segun Olumide
3. Understanding The Dreams You Dream Vols 1 & 2→ Ira Milligan

SINNER'S CONFESSION
If you are not yet born-again, say this:
I choose to repent today. Also I choose to believe that Jesus died for my sins and rose up for my justification.
The Scripture says, "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" (Rom 10:9).
Therefore, I believe in Jesus in my heart and confess Him as my Lord. Now I am born-again (Amen).

SAY THIS ALOUD TO RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
Also Jesus said, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses" (Acts 1:cool.
And on the day of Pentecost "All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance" (Acts 2:4).
Therefore, I receive the Holy Spirit by faith right now and I begin to speak in an unknown tongue (unlearned tongue) as He gives me the utterance.
I command every foul spirit [spirit of fear, spirit of unbelief, spirit of doubt, religious spirit, unforgiving spirit] wanting to hinder me to stop in its evil operation in my life in Jesus' name.
Thank you God for filling me with your Spirit in Jesus' name (Amen).

Books By The Same Author
How to Interpret Dreams and Visions
Why Marriages Break
How To Find The Right Life Partner
Secrets of Financial and Material Prosperity
How to Receive Your Divine Healing
Unfolding the Fivefold Ministry
The Ministry of an Apostle
The Ministry of a Prophet
The Ministry of an Evangelist
The Ministry of a Pastor
The Ministry of a Teacher
Passion for the Lost
Understanding the Call of God
Basic Bible Course
How to Receive the Holy Spirit
Fulfilling Your Divine Destiny
Day of Reckoning:God's Formula for Eternal Rewards
Identifying Counterfeit Ministries
Sanctification:Changing from Inside Out
O Suffering, Why Really Me?
Intimacy with God
The Pastor's Wife
Why Some Churches Won't Grow!
Just Before You Start A Church
How to Prepare and Deliver Sermons
Finding Your Own Ministry
False Doctrines Exposed!

SPECIAL! SPECIAL! SPECIAL!
A MUST READING/VIEW
(Google the following free of charge on the Internet and God will change your life forever.)
1. "Holiness Required For Heaven by Carillo from Bolivia"
2. "Eternal Destinations: Godly Attire and Adornment"
3. "Another Warning by Kingsley Ubani"
4. "Time Is Over : Run For Your Life by Kingsley Ubani"
5. "9 Testimonies on Tithing from Heaven and Hell Visions"
6. "The Dangers of Eating God's Tithes and Offerings"
7. "The Visitation of Jesus to Samuel Oghenetega"
(Crosscheck these testimonies with the Scriptures and if you have questions you may send us an email.)

About the Author
Segun Olumide and his wife, Tosin are founding ministers in the New Apostolic Movement and the Glorious Family Church International both in Lagos, Nigeria. He has a divine mandate to align the Church with God's purpose.
In a vision, the Lord showed him a Bible opened to the Acts of the Apostles with the words "APOSTOLIC CALL" on one of the pages. They reach out through School Of Ministry, School Of Life (Pre-Bible School) and Healing School. His apostolic teachings have blessed the Body of Christ across the nation.

Connect with me online
If God has blessed you through this book, please send me an e-mail to share your testimony, inspiration or reading experience, mail to:
olusegunolumide@yahoo.com
olusegunolumide1@gmail.com
newapostolicmovementintl@yahoo.com

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/olumide.olusegun.5

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

1914 Of The JW Has It Any Authenticity In History? / Ladies Can You Marry An Uncircumcised Guy? / Does God Have A Joystick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.