Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari (1911 Views)

Buhari's Documentary Is An Insult On Nigerians - Kayode Ogundamisi / We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC / Magu To Lawyers: We’ll Soon Come After You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by Chibuzoc(m): 3:47am On Jun 16, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians that his administration will soon put smiles on their faces by rehabilitating the economy and creating more jobs.
The President said this in his address delivered at the swearing-in ceremony of the 2016 Batch ‘A’ stream II at the National Youth Service Corps permanent orientation camp, Ede in Osun State on Wednesday.
The address was read by the state Deputy Governor, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori.
He said the collapse of industries had worsened the unemployment rate because millions of unemployed youths were now struggling to get very limited government jobs.
Buhari, who lamented the poor state of the economy inherited by his administration, said he was bent on recovering the nation’s stolen wealth and used them to rebuild the economy.
He said, “The collapse of industries and the eventual overbearing pressure to grab public jobs has put the nation in a sorry economic state of unemployment. Thousands of graduates from the higher institutions of learning get frustrated daily, as they search for non-existing jobs.
“That is why this administration is anxious to recover illicit wealth to channel them into enduring economic rehabilitation. Very soon, the gloomy situation would be reversed to put smiles on the faces of young people.”
The President advised the youths to shun kidnapping, drug peddling and other criminal activities which could jeopardise their future.
The Coordinator of the NYSC in Osun State, Mrs. Regina Iluebbey, said the scheme had adjusted its cooking arrangements to cater for Muslim corpers, during the Ramadan.
She said the scheme would start preparing saur and Iftar for Muslim corps members for them to participate in the Ramadan.
She said, “The camp kitchen would double its efforts in ensuring that the corps members participating in the ongoing Ramadan are served at saur (midnight) and Iftar (evening) time throughout their stay in camp.”
She added that the NYSC reduced the usual 21 days orientation camp to 17 days due to the large number of students who graduate annually, adding that the cut in days was important in order to cover the salient orientation camp exercises.
Iluebbey added that the camp registered 1,416 male corps members and 799 female corpers from the 36 of the federation, including the Federal Capital Territory.
Also, the Niger State Governor, Abubakar Bello, on Wednesday said there was no wisdom in scrapping the NYSC since the primary objective of the programme was still relevant in the nation.
Bello, who said that the NYSC was still relevant as a vehicle for national unity, asked the Federal Government to reinvigorate the scheme rather than scrap it.
The governor said this at the formal opening ceremony of the 2016 Batch ‘A’ (Stream Two) orientation course and swearing-in ceremony of 2,001 corps members deployed in the state.
The governor, however, said in the NYSC implementation processes, “we need to be more innovative and we need to reinvigorate the programme by giving the youths the opportunity to learn higher ideals and prepare them for the reality of life after death.”
Earlier, the NYSC Niger State Coordinator, Mrs. Bolade Loto, said that a total of 2,001 corps members were registered in the Stream B, adding that they had so far exhibited high level of discipline, commitment and loyalty since they arrived the camp.
In Owerri, the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, advised corps members posted to the state to ensure active participation in the empowerment programme so as to enable them to stand on their own as entrepreneurs instead of job seekers after the completion of their service year.
Okorocha gave the advice while declaring open, the 2016 Batch “A” (Stream 11) 1,800 corps members posted to the state after the State Chief Judge, Justice Paschal Nnadi represented by Justice Kenneth O. Ojiako of the state judiciary administered the oath on the corpers.
He said, “The NYSC orientation programme provides a veritable platform for you to be trained mentally and physically and this is done to enable you to face the rigours and challenges of the service year as well as the post-service year.”
Okorocha, who was represented by his deputy, Prince Eze Madumere, restated his determination to make the NYSC Permanent Orientation camp at Eziama Obaire, the best in the country.
He also announced the immediate restoration of regular supply of water, electricity and functional vehicles in the orientation camp for the comfort of the corps members and enhancement of the operation of the NYSC officials in the state.
The state Coordinator of the NYSC, Mr. Fasanu Isaac, had earlier commended Okorocha for his sustained support to the scheme as well as his resolution to make the orientation camp second to none in the country.

Read more @http://www.buzorpages.com/2016/06/well-soon-put-smile-on-nigerians-faces.html
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 3:49am On Jun 16, 2016
That's our prayer, positive changes in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by ishowdotgmail(m): 4:53am On Jun 16, 2016
I believe in you PMB

Do you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 16, 2016
I believe in you my President. God bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by CHIJIOKE1314: 6:29am On Jun 16, 2016
During campaigns, promises. ..even after campaigns the same promises..

Please, dullard of Daura, when would you just fufil 1, only 1promise for your army of Zombies growing frustrated daily due to your brainless policies that have tanked the golden economy on its way to the promised land handed over to you not long ago..

Even ordinary Garri they can't buy to drink, that's why most of them has gone back to their original food(blood sucking)..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by felifeli: 6:34am On Jun 16, 2016
When is he resigning? That should put millions of smiles on our faces.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by omenka(m): 6:34am On Jun 16, 2016
modelmike7:
I believe in you my President. God bless you.
smiley

1 Like

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by CHIJIOKE1314: 6:59am On Jun 16, 2016
chriskosherbal:
That's our prayer, positive changes in Nigeria.

I hope you know that this same NYSC, the ones already serving are been owed 3months salary..

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by lincolnj88: 7:05am On Jun 16, 2016
grin future tense....we will soon

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by PassingShot(m): 7:06am On Jun 16, 2016
We trust you our amiable president.

CHIJIOKE1314:
During campaigns, promises. ..even after campaigns the same promises..

Please, dullard of Daura, when would you just fufil 1, only 1promise for your army of Zombies growing frustrated daily due to your brainless policies that have tanked the golden economy on its way to the promised land handed over to you not long ago..

Even ordinary Garri they can't buy to drink, that's why most of them has gone back to their original food(blood sucking)..
Frustration is all over your post.

PMB campaigned on three main agenda of defeating BHT/insurgency, fighting corruption and improving the economy.

In just one year in office, he has largely done well on fighting insurgency and corruption. Even the blind, the deaf and the dumb can attest to this fact.

And once the battered economy he inherited is repaired to the amazement of even the worst mourning wailers, there won't be anything for you all to wail about.

As we speak, economic activities are gradually picking up as construction works have resumed on major roads; N-Power recruitment is ongoing, and some fiscal discipline is being injected in the economy.

What I can assure you is that the Poverty Development Party is not returning to our yams anytime soon. At least not until it tenders unreserved apology to the country for running it aground with senseless looting of her resources. You can take that to the bank.

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by PassingShot(m): 7:18am On Jun 16, 2016
felifeli:
When you see a hen with teeth.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 16, 2016
we Will, we will evry time

1 Like

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by ganisucks(f): 7:27am On Jun 16, 2016
Buhari while Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ were away, your vice opened dialogue with the militants, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ has resorted †̥♥ reviewing upward the amnesty. Also, the CBN has disgraced Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ, by going through the back door †̥♥ devaluing the Naira. Welcome back Mr President, your plans suck.

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by M4gunners: 7:43am On Jun 16, 2016
felifeli:
I swear that alone will put smiles in many Nigerians face, apart from zombies.

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by Splinz(m): 8:15am On Jun 16, 2016
What sort of sheepish talk is this? Apparently, this government doesn't even know its responsibities. SMH
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by DoyenExchange: 9:49am On Jun 16, 2016
How I wish!
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by felifeli: 9:53am On Jun 16, 2016
PassingShot:

When you see a hen with teeth.

Oh I remember. The man doesn't know how to resign. He doesn't even know how to sign.
What a dullass grin grin grin
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by ziccoit: 9:56am On Jun 16, 2016
I strongly believed in Allah to see you through, Mr President.

Sai Buhari!

1 Like

Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by BossKratos: 10:17am On Jun 16, 2016
angry

Mr man hurry up and provide the opportunities to smile oh? Because the boning these days no get part 2!
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 16, 2016
GOVERMENT JOBS ARE NOW JOB OPPORTUNITIES. . IN MY WHOLE EXTENDED FAMILY OF 72 WORKING CLASS, WE HAVE ONLY 1 PERSON WORKING FOR THE GOVT. THE WORLD IS FINDING WAYS TO EMPOWER THEIR PEOPLES POTENTIALS BUT IN NIGERIA WE STILL CALL GOVERMENT JOBS EMPOWERMENT. SURE ANOTHER POLICE,FIRS,ARMY APPLICATION IS ON THE WAY WHILE WE ALLOW INDIGENOUS SMES AND TECHNOCRATS WASTE AWAY
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by TrueHeart365(m): 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
na wa o. tgis mallam still dey campaign one year after winning election?

we will,
we shall,
we are about to...

may God help us cos this time we don really enter one chance
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by Amanwulu1(m): 12:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
In d event whrby d stolen wealth is not recovered what will happen?

I wnt to begin to smile in reality. I've since stopped taken ur promises serious.
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by Amanwulu1(m): 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
In d event whrby d stolen wealth is not recovered what will happen?

I wnt to begin to smile in reality cos I've since stopped taken ur promises serious.
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by nigeriafilm(m): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
APC una no get present verbs? everyday na future tenses
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by hucienda: 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
From a different topic...
Rose2014:
Will
Will soon
Set to
To
Very soon
Ready to

grin grin grin grin grin

And it's one year already.
Suffice it to say the present government is so much love with the future tense- to the detriment of the present and present continuous tenses.
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by CHIJIOKE1314: 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
[s]
PassingShot:

PMB campaigned on three main agenda of defeating BHT/insurgency, fighting corruption and improving the economy.

In just one year in office, he has largely done well on fighting insurgency and corruption. Even the blind, the deaf and the dumb can attest to this fact.

And once the battered economy he inherited is repaired to the amazement of even the worst mourning wailers, there won't be anything for you all to wail about.

As we speak, economic activities are gradually picking up as construction works have resumed on major roads; N-Power recruitment is ongoing, and some fiscal discipline is being injected in the economy.

What I can assure you is that the Poverty Development Party is not returning to our yams anytime soon. At least not until it tenders unreserved apology to the country for running it aground with senseless looting of her resources. You can take that to the bank.
[/s]
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by BushidoBlue(m): 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
PassingShot:

[size=22pt]The delusion is real y'all...[/size]
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by aloeman15(m): 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
@PassingShot-
I really hope your predictions come to pass.
I can't wait to see all those who brought gej into power brought to justice.
I'm only worried that our fragile economy will be distracted when the likes of obj, amaechi, kwankwaso, et al are brought to justice.
I expect they're whom you mean?
Re: We’ll Soon Put Smile On Nigerians’ Faces – Buhari by Rose2014: 6:40pm On Jun 16, 2016
hucienda:
From a different topic...

And it's one year already.
Suffice it to say the present government is so much love with the future tense- to the detriment of the present and present continuous tenses.

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Resumption Date For Primary & Secondary Schools In Abuja / Towards A Political United South, Middlebelt And Minorities In The North / See What Was Commissioned YESTERDAY By Gov Obiano @ Umuchukwu Build By Dr Maduka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.