Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else (2963 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Allow Your Pet/dog Lick Your Face / Buy Dogs Of Exotic And Rear Breeds / Mhen! New Arrivals... (28 Dogs) That's Whatz Up... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by NJPot(m): 4:13am On Jun 16, 2016
[img]http://4.bp..com/-nA325LL2kok/V2H0FXlm5II/AAAAAAAACtw/SQV8D8khb74hGigh9XW_EUI43xBxwXRFQCLcB/s1600/Bullmastiff.jpg[/img]

My uncle and his family have been victims of several robbery attacks in recent times at their home in Irete, Imo State. At night, their house has become the favourite target of robbers for more than five times this year. Thieves won't allow my uncle 'drink water and keep cup' despite the fact that he is not the only rich man living around in that neighbourhood. Most of the neighboring compounds that were often ignored by thieves have very giant and fierce looking dogs.

Thinking that thieves were taking advantage of the fact that he doesn't have dogs, he bought two big bullmastiffs from his friend in Abuja who was relocating to the United States of America. The dogs associated well with my uncle and everyone living in his house.

However, trouble started one monday morning when his house boy was washing his cars. One of the dogs went to the bucket of water that the boy was using and started urinating in it. The boy was afraid of chasing the dog away but alerted my uncle who came out with cane and started flogging the dog.

The dog first shifted a little distance away but came back and jumped on my uncle who wore only shorts. The bullmastiff gave him the biting of his life. It bit him almost everywhere - his hands, legs, stomach and even his privates. He managed to run back into the house as the dog aggressively chased him.

My uncle who spent almost a week in the hospital now hates dogs with passion. He later sold the dogs to dog rearers. He wouldn't have been bitten by the dog if he was the one that trained the dog from the time it was a puppy.

If you need dogs, buy puppies and train them yourselves till they become big. They would tend to be more loyal to you than the ones another person brought up.

Hope you are inspired by this story. Have you ever been attacked by your own dogs before? Please share your own story.

See more pictures @ http://chukonetng..ch/2016/06/this-is-why-you-should-not-buy-dog-that.html
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by frugal(m): 4:34am On Jun 16, 2016
Crap. Why would you flog your dog in the first place for a flimsy reason such as urinating? Definitely not the first time he's abusing the dog. Good for him, next time he'll learn to respect dogs.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by iPopAlomo(m): 5:44am On Jun 16, 2016
haha... if you believe this Shiite story... then you can believe anything...

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by mazimee(m): 5:53am On Jun 16, 2016
frugal:
Crap. Why would you flog your dog in the first place for a flimsy reason such as urinating? Definitely not the first time he's abusing the dog. Good for him, next time he'll learn to respect dogs.

So you mean dogs can't be disciplined? Urinating in a bucket of water is is a flimsy reason? I see...
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by yommen: 6:31am On Jun 16, 2016
I've heard that such practice could be dangerous.Your story just confirmed it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by Baroba(m): 7:52am On Jun 16, 2016
Clickbait, guy want people to drive traffic to his blog, don't waste your time there are no pictures there...
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by lahit14(m): 11:25am On Jun 16, 2016
mazimee:

So you mean dogs can't be disciplined? Urinating in a bucket of water is is a flimsy reason? I see...

Yes he's right, he used flimsy, I'll use stupid especially while he hasn't fully bonded with them. He should hav been more interested in geting really close with dem and instillin his dominance over them. That way whn he beats or even kick them they coutau.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by BomboyOnline: 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
mazimee:

Yes you shouldn't flog your dog. That was a flimsy reason too. Dogs should be corrected not flogged. A simple firm NO could have done it. Your uncle was wrong. I hope he is now okay.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by atoleybaba(m): 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
lahit14:

Yes he's right, he used flimsy, I'll use stupid especially while he hasn't fully bonded with them. He should hav been more interested in geting really close with dem and instillin his dominance over them. That way whn he beats or even kick them they coutau.
that is just the point...ur uncle no bond well with dog he dy flight am....the dog is yet to recognize thatvur uncle is the alpha...he deserves it. The point should be a novice is not adviced to buy adult digs

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by atoleybaba(m): 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
lahit14:

that is just the point...ur uncle no bond well with dog he dy flight am....the dog is yet to recognize thatvur uncle is the alpha...he deserves it. The point should be a novice is not adviced to buy adult dogs

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by blackface12: 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
BomboyOnline:

Yes you shouldn't flog your dog. That was a flimsy reason too. Dogs should be corrected not flogged. A simple firm NO could have done it. Your uncle was wrong. I hope he is now okay.
sorry and doooooh to ur uncle oBut come o, if na him pikin piss for d bucket of water shebi na pet him go pet am commot therr to where dey convinient to am.Dogs are part of d family.
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by barcaboi(m): 3:58am On Jun 17, 2016
I got my caucasian at 2yrs of age and tho he's aggressive 2 outsiders; he doesn't do that with me......it is the way u handle a dog...
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by barcaboi(m): 4:03am On Jun 17, 2016
mazimee:

u can say a firm no and the dog will understand or redirect the dog to do something else.....dogs are not humans so they don't know what u like or don't like
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by yommen: 5:50am On Jun 17, 2016
barcaboi:
I got my caucasian at 2yrs of age and tho he's aggressive 2 outsiders; he doesn't do that with me......it is the way u handle a dog...

Did you beat him? Buying an adult dog could go bad o.
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by JajaAmbula: 9:38am On Jun 17, 2016
I felt alone and bought a dog on Jiji. I did not care that her Trained someone else. Nothing terrible happened, very usny doggie. smiley smiley
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by barcaboi(m): 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
yommen:

Did you beat him? Buying an adult dog could go bad o.
I spank him once a while but its more of d love d dog needs
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by speedfreak(m): 12:45am On Jun 18, 2016
Don't get it twisted but your uncle had it coming...how would buy an adult dog and all of a sudden just pick cane begin flog the dog because he peed in a bucket,he should have asked the previous owner how he disciplined his dogs wen he bought them plus I suspect say na dat kind "werey" flogging wey make the dog vex say e don do how you go dey flog me anyhow, anyway wish him a speedy recovery
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by arcbay(m): 1:09am On Jun 18, 2016
Sometimes I wonder why some people choose to buy adult dogs!!! Don't u think there's a reason the owner wants to sell him? Of course they'll play you the usual tale that the owner wants to relocate blah blah blah, but these buyers don't take out time to go visit the owner and ask him personal questions about the dog, it's temperament, prey drive, behavioral attributes, etc.

If as a buyer if u need immediate security of ur facility, you know you're buying security dogs and so those dogs should be treated as such. You can't bend a dog that has been trained for security else d dogs will see u as an enemy.

For newbies, never indulge urselves in buying adult dogs. If you think you can handle them, what about ur kids, neighbours, friends, etc.

Long story short, it is not advisable to buy adult dogs, buy puppies instead and train them to ur taste. In a little while, they'll grow into adulthood.

That way, we'll avoid stories that touch!!!

BTW OP, my regards to ur uncle, I sincerely hope his "instrument" wasn't badly damaged. If not, Glory be to God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by Laird(m): 8:04am On Jun 18, 2016
AN ADULT FEMALE DOG MY MUM BOUGHT IN THE YEAR 2000 BIT ME 3 TIMES......I DONOT ADVISE ANYBODY TO BUY AN ADULT DOG
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by Thoughty2(m): 8:24am On Jun 18, 2016
1. I dont advice buying adult dogs
2. I also dont advice buying dogs and keeping them far away from you only to be fed by your mayguard and be used for security. They could eventually harm you because they wont be familiar with you.

I have had several dogs which i raised. I caned them anyhow when they misbehaved and the worst they could do was hold my hands with their teeth (I wish I wasn't so cruel then sha)

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by Tjango(m): 7:34am On Jun 21, 2016
I dont advice buying an adult dog nd mayb ur uncle too didn't show the dog receipt that he's now the owner
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by NJPot(m): 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
arcbay:
Sometimes I wonder why some people choose to buy adult dogs!!! Don't u think there's a reason the owner wants to sell him? Of course they'll play you the usual tale that the owner wants to relocate blah blah blah, but these buyers don't take out time to go visit the owner and ask him personal questions about the dog, it's temperament, prey drive, behavioral attributes, etc.

If as a buyer if u need immediate security of ur facility, you know you're buying security dogs and so those dogs should be treated as such. You can't bend a dog that has been trained for security else d dogs will see u as an enemy.

For newbies, never indulge urselves in buying adult dogs. If you think you can handle them, what about ur kids, neighbours, friends, etc.

Long story short, it is not advisable to buy adult dogs, buy puppies instead and train them to ur taste. In a little while, they'll grow into adulthood.

That way, we'll avoid stories that touch!!!

BTW OP, my regards to ur uncle, I sincerely hope his "instrument" wasn't badly damaged. If not, Glory be to God.

You have said it all. Though I hate dogs no matter where they are trained.
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by arcbay(m): 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
NJPot:

You have said it all. Though I hate dogs no matter where they are trained.

Dogs are the most lovely creatures on earth if and only if u open up ur heart to them. They're the only creatures that understands humans so perfectly well. They understand ur moods, ur pains, troubles, and they know ur limits and limitations.

Open up ur heart bro. Don't miss out on the most original love u can ever get.

And please before u call me a weirdo, lemme add this...

I favour the company of dogs to that of humans. Having said that, ok, now go ahead and call me whatever u like...lol

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by Emary(f): 5:59am On Jun 24, 2016
Both sides are correct. I love dogs and have raised several but I would not advise someone who is not familiar with dogs and their behaviours to buy an adult dog unless other experienced people are around to put him through. Dogs are loyal and would die for you in a heartbeat but only after they have bonded with you. They have very strong emotions. The friend who traveled should have educated your uncle on how best to handle them. Sorry, I hope he's better now.
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by damoskid(m): 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
I wonder what people who hate are doing in d pet section
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by damiz(m): 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
Lol!!!!why shld ur uncle use cane on the dog...kinda serves him right
Re: This Is Why You Shouldn't Buy Dogs That Were Brought Up By Someone Else by seyigiggle: 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
adult or pup, most people do not know the rationale behind owing a dog. they just want big dogs without considering its temperament whether they can live with it or not.
Majority of these big dogs are stubborn and aggressive in nature and requires serious and dedicated handlers even from pup.

(1) (Reply)

Qulaity Adult Male and Female Caucasian Available For Sale In Ibadan.07065296076 / White Peacock Needed(pics) / What Specie Can You Say This Belongs To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.