Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem (6109 Views)

Opeyemi Adetunji: "I Cannot Allow My Boobs To Be Touched In A Movie" / Tekno To Wizkid: "Forgive And Forget, Let Me Produce A Track For You" / I Have A Problem With Thieves - Dammy Krane (throwback Tweet ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by LordOfNaira: 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
girl4rmspace:
Oh. Fine then
How is your day going?
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by prof800(m): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2016
girl4rmspace:
So a friend of mine showed me this movie script which i thought was very good. He wanted me to co-produce the movie with him and a few other people.

I had no problems with that because i loved the script, but then it dawned on me that its actually a SCI FI movie!! Yeah sci fi, he knows i love sci fi but how in god's name do we pull this off without it looking mediocre due to poor naija tech?

Apart from that, the sci fi genre itself is some of the most expensive type of movie to make and correct me if am wrong, naija barely has any sci fi movies right?

He's convinced that it could work but am not so sure, please if you know any good naija sci fi movies, Help me list them so i could watch them all and see just how good the cgi's were.

Lastly... Do you think a movie like this would work in naija? With limited funds and tech which he somehow believes could work? Should i really go on with this? Need some advice
I don't even know where to start sef...sad sad

Anyway, I respect your decision. Chill for now and tell your friends to chill too. But don't be discouraged. (na one day pikin go walk). I keep saying that we will get there one day. The techniques involved in making a good movie is not a "classified top secret", it is available to the public, so why not?

Just to mention sha, not all sci-fi movies require such a huge budget (it depends on the type of sci-fi story).

Nigeria has had some attempts at sci-fi and movies with heavy visual effects in the past, although poorly made, the newer outcomes look a little bit promising.
But just because no one has tried something is not reason enough not to try it. What happens to being a trend setter or pioneer?

This topic should have been posted in [url="https://www.nairaland.com/tv-movies"]TV-MOVIES SECTION[/url]
Come here and ask of me. grin

Also;
Check out these sci-fi related stuffs, if you have not seen them before. Tell me what you think.
They were done by Nigerians (nairalanders).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSKwKJtezU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zsGJfStcYs

There are many more stuffs like these if you look around.

I wish you and your friends goodluck. smiley
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
prof800:

I don't even know where to start sef...sad sad

Anyway, I respect your decision. Chill for now and tell your friends to chill too. But don't be discouraged. (na one day pikin go walk). I keep saying that we will get there one day. The techniques involved in making a good movie is not a "classified top secret", it is available to the public, so why not?

Just to mention sha, not all sci-fi movies require such a huge budget (it depends on the type of sci-fi story).

Nigeria has had some attempts at sci-fi and movies with heavy visual effects in the past, although poorly made, the newer outcomes look a little bit promising.
But just because no one has tried something is not reason enough not to try it. What happens to being a trend setter or pioneer?

This topic should have been posted in [url="https://www.nairaland.com/tv-movies"]TV-MOVIES SECTION[/url]
Come here and ask of me. grin

Also;
Check out these sci-fi related stuffs, if you have not seen them before. Tell me what you think.
They were done by Nigerians (nairalanders).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSKwKJtezU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zsGJfStcYs

There are many more stuffs like these if you look around.

I wish you and your friends goodluck. smiley

thanks alot, you have been very helpful
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 05, 2016
girl4rmspace:

well i would have to invest in it before finding out just how good the production is. So there's no walking out at that point
Where's the movie? Give us the sci-fi movie, girl4rmspace or risk being sent back to space.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 9:44am On Aug 05, 2016
Haute:

Where's the movie? Give us the sci-fi movie, girl4rmspace or risk being sent back to space.

lol, i backed out of the deal .

i saw reasons to believeThat sci fi genre wouldnt work in naija, maybe nollywood will improve in the future and be able to handle movies like these, but definitely not now.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2016
girl4rmspace:

i saw reasons to believeThat sci fi genre wouldnt work in naija, maybe nollywood will improve in the future and be able to handle movies like these, but definitely not now.
Haha! You could've accidentally given us comedy instead; you just dodged a bullet. But what's wrong with being a pioneer, uh? You're not lily-livered, are you? tongue

#joking
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 12:02am On Aug 06, 2016
Haute:

Haha! You could've accidentally given us comedy instead; you just dodged a bullet. But what's wrong with being a pioneer, uh? You're not lily-livered, are you? tongue

#joking

lol. When producers spends so much to make an expensive movie, its because they believe the movie has the potential to bring back huge profits at the box office.

In naija, the cinema scene is nothing to write home about, nigerians would rather go see a foreign movie than a home made movie at the cinema. This means the chances of you making your money back is slim, talkless of making profit.

You know we cant also depend on dvd sales because of the dreaded PIRACY. So its better to be safe than sorry. Especially since sci fi movies are VERY expensive to make.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
girl4rmspace:

lol. When producers spends so much to make an expensive movie, its because they believe the movie has the potential to bring back huge profits at the box office.

In naija, the cinema scene is nothing to write home about, nigerians would rather go see a foreign movie than a home made movie at the cinema. This means the chances of you making your money back is slim, talkless of making profit.

You know we cant also depend on dvd sales because of the dreaded PIRACY. So its better to be safe than sorry. Especially since sci fi movies are VERY expensive to make.

Personally, I don't watch Nollywood; because most it's movies are subpar (IMO).

If Nollywood produced a quality movie, I'd defo watch it. Only problem - from a producer's standpoint - would be piracy. I know all about piracy 'cos I'm in a sister-industry. It'll take a miracle to stop piracy in Nigeria. Btw, have you ever worked on a music video?
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2016
Haute:

Personally, I don't watch Nollywood; because most it's movies are subpar (IMO).

If Nollywood produced a quality movie, I'd defo watch it. Only problem - from a producer's standpoint - would be piracy. I know all about piracy 'cos I'm in a sister-industry. It'll take a miracle to stop piracy in Nigeria. Btw, have you ever worked on a music video?

no, i dont do music videos
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 07, 2016
girl4rmspace:

no, i dont do music videos

Oh okay. So what do plan to work on next? We need quality movies from nollywood. Do something, please. The movies I see on TV are very annoying.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 07, 2016
Correction dear, Naija has the tech to pull off the sci Fi movie but naija does not have the budget to pull off the sci Fi movie.

A good reason why most of our CGI are not good is because of budget. Truthfully speaking, you cannot buy a range Rover sport at the cost of a Toyota Camry tiny light.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
Haute:

Oh okay. So what do plan to work on next? We need quality movies from nollywood. Do something, please. The movies I see on TV are very annoying.

when i get an amazing script, i will. The ones am getting now are cliche and uninspiring. I loved that sci fi script, which is why i wanted to get involved with it, but nollywood cant handle that kinda movie right now.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by bdavis: 1:25am On Aug 10, 2016
girl4rmspace:

when i get an amazing script, i will. The ones am getting now are cliche and uninspiring. I loved that sci fi script, which is why i wanted to get involved with it, but nollywood cant handle that kinda movie right now.

Making a movie involves so many things like you know...there's the tech, the infrastructure, the finance, the patience and the marketing.

The tech, even for a sci-fi movie, is there: the talents (CGI, makeup&what have you are there), the gadgets can be easily sourced, provided the finance is available.

The marketing to make it a success at the box office, is also readily available here and I'm not talking you usual nollywood kinda marketing.

What is not available: the finance, the patience (you want a movie that would command box office sales worldwide, you can't rush it) and most importantly, the infrastructure (we don't have the kinda studio to handle the production, and we don't have actors that, for now, can pull it off and invest the necessary commitment to it).

So even if your production crew are going to be predominantly Nigerians, 90% of your movie would be done outside Nigeria because of the lack of infrastructure ergo: Hollywood still is the best bet and 'breaking' into Hollywood is not as difficult as you think...if the script is as fantastic as you have painted it to be.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
girl4rmspace:
So a friend of mine showed me this movie script which i thought was very good. He wanted me to co-produce the movie with him and a few other people.

I had no problems with that because i loved the script, but then it dawned on me that its actually a SCI FI movie!! Yeah sci fi, he knows i love sci fi but how in god's name do we pull this off without it looking mediocre due to poor naija tech?

Apart from that, the sci fi genre itself is some of the most expensive type of movie to make and correct me if am wrong, naija barely has any sci fi movies right?

He's convinced that it could work but am not so sure, please if you know any good naija sci fi movies, Help me list them so i could watch them all and see just how good the cgi's were.

Lastly... Do you think a movie like this would work in naija? With limited funds and tech which he somehow believes could work? Should i really go on with this? Need some advice

If you need a creative mind for the SCI-FI move ( only ) i'll like to join your team... I can do from adding scientific undertone to the write up without making it geeky, and could review the script, bring ideas and make it a world class stuff... It's worth trying, why keep it locked up in a cupboard?
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
girl4rmspace:

oops..yu backed out...Okay
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
connectpoint:

oops..yu backed out...Okay

Yeah had to. The funds required for decent cgi is huge and even if we go ahead, there's no guarantee the movie might recoup it's production cost. There's a reason why barely any producer in naija attempted the genre
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Yeah had to. The funds required for decent cgi is huge and even if we go ahead, there's no guarantee the movie might recoup it's production cost. There's a reason why barely any producer in naija attempted the genre

CGI is like shooting a rocket to Jupiter...But i've always had a thingy for SCI-FI and must produce at least 7 b4 the call comes...but i got an idea from yours...a reduced scenery SCI-FI movie..what do i mean? if the story line/script is scientific, the movie may blast without too much scientific sceneries, what matters is the story....yu dig?
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
connectpoint:

CGI is like shooting a rocket to Jupiter...But i've always had a thingy for SCI-FI and must produce at least 7 b4 the call comes...but i got an idea from yours...a reduced scenery SCI-FI movie..what do i mean? if the story line/script is scientific, the movie may blast without too much scientific sceneries, what matters is the story....yu dig?

Yeah I get it...but that particular script was full blown Sci fi world which is why it was impossible

Anyway am over that now. So you write scripts ?
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Yeah I get it...but that particular script was full blown Sci fi world which is why it was impossible

Anyway am over that now. So you write scripts ?

In my mind...I talk it...the hustle makes it pretty difficult to sit and write from scratch...anyway i'm pro-SCi-Fi... being a scientist myself...so it's sumthin that comes with the territory naturally..
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
The list of ideas are endless and make not require as huge budget as you think..more so, if a fab idea is generated, sponsors can come in somewhere... You know it took over seven years to write Naruto
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
connectpoint:

In my mind...I talk it...the hustle makes it pretty difficult to sit and write from scratch...anyway i'm pro-SCi-Fi... being a scientist myself...so it's sumthin that comes with the territory naturally..

I see. Well try not to lose the spark
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Me...I'm a walking lab...Anytime..I'm always red-hot...If anything drops near, holla at me..I used to have a team of animators...but greed won't allow Nigerians at times work together... grin
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
girl4rmspace:

With 3-5M, a medium budget sci-fi movie can be produced...
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
connectpoint:

With 3-5M, a medium budget sci-fi movie can be produced...

Lmao you clearly haven't been on set or know much about movie production to think that amount could make a decent Sci fi movie. Heck I know non Sci fi movies that are more expensive than that

I would easily produce a Sci fi movie myself if all I had to spend was less than 4 million
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Lmao you clearly haven't been on set or know much about movie production to think that amount could make a decent Sci fi movie. Heck I know non Sci fi movies that are more expensive than that

I would easily produce a Sci fi movie myself if all I had to spend was less than 4 million

I'm a stunch biz guy, so i can relate.. but Lol.. Ofcourse it would cost 10m...I know what i'm talking about...It's systemic rather than a financial spreadsheet...what the young animators do now is to own into the project...( This pushes it down to a bearable amount ), you think when Linda Ikeji started she was paying them guys at the beginning? I could tell you officially Linda has 25 guys sleeping in her apartment day in day out...till they pushed it to work..Many young animators join/seek teams to join push in their effort, and when the dividends comes out, they'll split... done this, done that.. so I know..
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
connectpoint:

I'm a stunch biz guy, so i can relate.. but Lol.. Ofcourse it would cost 10m...I know what i'm talking about...It's systemic rather than a financial spreadsheet...what the young animators do now is to own into the project...( This pushes it down to a bearable amount ), you think when Linda Ikeji started she was paying them guys at the beginning? I could tell you officially Linda has 25 guys sleeping in her apartment day in day out...till they pushed it to work..Many young animators join/seek teams to join push in their effort, and when the dividends comes out, they'll split... done this, done that.. so I know..

You are saying this because you have no idea what the script is all about. If you did, you would understand why it's impossible to do here without massive funds
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
girl4rmspace:

You are saying this because you have no idea what the script is all about. If you did, you would understand why it's impossible to do here without massive funds

Okay I can relate...But i wasn't talking about your script per se... I was talking about scenes with limited SCI-FI technicalities.. Pardon me, what field of Science was d script about..hint me...Have you watched Blindspot ? What do you make of it? Or Numbers? They are Sci-Fi that could have been done here..build the central theme and then revolve the episodes around it, though SCI-FI, the language and scenes Okays it as SCI-FI but without excessive complexity..when the first few episodes blast, it attracts big names...big things must start small my lady..
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
connectpoint:

Okay I can relate...But i wasn't talking about your script per se... I was talking about scenes with limited SCI-FI technicalities.. Pardon me, what field of Science was d script about..hint me...Have you watched Blindspot ? What do you make of it? Or Numbers? They are Sci-Fi that could have been done here..build the central theme and then revolve the episodes around it, though SCI-FI, the language and scenes Okays it as SCI-FI but without excessive complexity..when the first few episodes blast, it attracts big names...big things must start small my lady..

Lol this guy. Let's leave the matter abeg
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Lol this guy. Let's leave the matter abeg

Okay... but nice to see a female..sci-fi oriented..will keep an eye out..
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
connectpoint:

Okay... but nice to see a female..sci-fi oriented..will keep an eye out..

What do you do currently ?
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Argh... Public.. ( winks )
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
girl4rmspace:

Are you on Skype?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"She Is Wearing Her Uniform": Fans Call Out Tacha For Repeating Clothes (VIDEO) / Actress Nkechi Blessing Welcomes New Baby Boy - Photos / Take A Look Inside Michael Jackson’s 19-year-old Son $2.6 Million California Hom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.