Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem (6117 Views)

Opeyemi Adetunji: "I Cannot Allow My Boobs To Be Touched In A Movie" / Tekno To Wizkid: "Forgive And Forget, Let Me Produce A Track For You" / I Have A Problem With Thieves - Dammy Krane (throwback Tweet ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Olalekan95(m): 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
OK.

check my signature...
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Kobicove(m): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
Don't go into this project unless you have very deep pockets
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
girl4rmspace:

What do you do currently ?

Anyway basically a scientific researcher..
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by adahgold(m): 8:57am On Jan 13, 2018
girl4rmspace:
So a friend of mine showed me this movie script which i thought was very good. He wanted me to co-produce the movie with him and a few other people.

I had no problems with that because i loved the script, but then it dawned on me that its actually a SCI FI movie!! Yeah sci fi, he knows i love sci fi but how in god's name do we pull this off without it looking mediocre due to poor naija tech?

Apart from that, the sci fi genre itself is some of the most expensive type of movie to make and correct me if am wrong, naija barely has any sci fi movies right?

He's convinced that it could work but am not so sure, please if you know any good naija sci fi movies, Help me list them so i could watch them all and see just how good the cgi's were.

Lastly... Do you think a movie like this would work in naija? With limited funds and tech which he somehow believes could work? Should i really go on with this? Need some advice

Start small with a low budget one which I and my team are currently doing this year! When you get recognized a lil bit who knows any can sponsor your SCI FI movie. My 2 cent.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
adahgold:

Start small with a low budget one which I and my team are currently doing this year! When you get recognized a lil bit who knows any can sponsor your SCI FI movie. My 2 cent.

So how did your movie go?
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by stocklot(m): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
We are into Film production in Nigeria . We have a crew from India doing a film here . In case if you still plan to go ahead with the film we can collaborate and use our post production and VFX studio in India for the job . Let me know your interest .
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by safarigirl(f): 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2019
girl4rmspace:

hollywood keh? That's way out of my league. Besides one of the reasons my friend wants to do it in naija is because he wants something fresh in nollywood instead of cliche movies we get these days.
you can do something fresh without having to shoot wayyyy above your level.

A proper sci-fi movie will cost at least 100-300 million naira to produce....there are so many genres that can be looked into and produced without having to worry about CGI and Special effects. A sci-fi movie is a great idea, but the execution is far more important than a great idea.

Do you want people to see the movie and go "Well, the concept was great, but....."

How many professionals have you spoken to concerning effects in Nigeria? What kind of research have you guys made toward it?

If you did a great action movie, it would cost you less, and still, could garner praise from audience. The greatest issue the new Nollywood is facing is that they are now more interested in telling Western stories than African stories. How many sci-fi movies have been shot in India?

I understand the motive here, but don't sink money into something people will just watch and go "it was just there, nice effort"

Execution is more important than a great idea.

1 Like

Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by safarigirl(f): 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2019
girl4rmspace:

lol. When producers spends so much to make an expensive movie, its because they believe the movie has the potential to bring back huge profits at the box office.

In naija, the cinema scene is nothing to write home about, nigerians would rather go see a foreign movie than a home made movie at the cinema. This means the chances of you making your money back is slim, talkless of making profit.

You know we cant also depend on dvd sales because of the dreaded PIRACY. So its better to be safe than sorry. Especially since sci fi movies are VERY expensive to make.

You need the right kind of publicity for a movie to blow in the cinemas. EbonyLife, for instance, have taken advantage of the power in publicity. You also need an attractive storyline, good-looking, popular actors, nice picture quality, and a great director

But you see, that publicity and hype is the most important. Banana Island Ghost used this to trap people into watching that woeful movie in the cinemas and they made money.

Once you can get the right type of publicity and stir the appetite, your great story will do the rest of the magic.....if its great. King of Boys and Up North are two movies that had this going for them, hence their cinema success.

I personally, watch a lot of Nigerian movies in the cinema. I rarely go for foreign movies, because I am sure I'll get foreign movies on the net, but the great Nigerian movies are hard to come by on the internet.
Re: Guys I Want To Co-produce A Movie But There's A Problem by girl4rmspace(f): 1:23am On Mar 27, 2019
safarigirl:
you can do something fresh without having to shoot wayyyy above your level.

A proper sci-fi movie will cost at least 100-300 million naira to produce....there are so many genres that can be looked into and produced without having to worry about CGI and Special effects. A sci-fi movie is a great idea, but the execution is far more important than a great idea.

Do you want people to see the movie and go "Well, the concept was great, but....."

How many professionals have you spoken to concerning effects in Nigeria? What kind of research have you guys made toward it?

If you did a great action movie, it would cost you less, and still, could garner praise from audience. The greatest issue the new Nollywood is facing is that they are now more interested in telling Western stories than African stories. How many sci-fi movies have been shot in India?

I understand the motive here, but don't sink money into something people will just watch and go "it was just there, nice effort"

Execution is more important than a great idea.

Thanks dear. I couldn't agree more

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Davido's New Bodyguard After The Death Of Teejay / Zip. Download 2 Chainz Pretty Girls Like Trap Music / Genevieve's Alleged Lover Rukky Sanda Poses In Red Hot Bikini, Enjoy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.