Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) (53220 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi & Raheem Lawal Step Out For Ahmed Musa's Traditional Wedding (Pics) / BBNaija: Ogenyi Onazi Talks About Efe & His Supporters / Ogenyi Onazi Survives Accident In Oyo State Ahead Of Saturday Wedding (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2016
shogz89:
Are you insane? What's tribal by saying ogunsuyi is a Yoruba name? You better carry yourself pack for one side, how many benin people dey bear ogun?. You guyz just go around to give "bigot" a whole new meaning. Define bigot?

My dear. You need help

You live in your cave and assume that the world revolves around you.

Shame on you and people that reason like you.

Etinosa is a local government in Lagos. is Etinosa a yoruba name?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by seankay(m): 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

Seankay say what you know

Edo people don't bear segun or ayo or ajayi.

You people keep spreading this lies and assumption even when you have never step a foot in benin.

The only possible case is by marriage. An Edo man marrying a yoruba woman or vice versa. Both parents will give whatever name they like.

To say that an Edo person goes ahead to name his children in another person's language is to say you're an imbec.ile

I don't know how you people can live with yourselves spreading such lies.
I won't argue with you but if you trace Edo and Yoruba roots, you will see that they have a strong tie. I served in Edo and I know what I'm talking about cos I asked questions. Trust me,there are some names we both share. The name of my boss back then who was also the Oba of the town name was Ayobaiyebajesuyo and his Parents and Grandparents were Edo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

You sound pained dude. Se o wa okay? grin

Ivbabo okhian la rue gbe

You idiots conveniently swarm and litter beautiful thread celebrating other tribes with your tribal bigotry.

Useless lots

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by linusbnn(m): 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
baby124:

Ogunsuyi is a Yoruba name. Her parents may live in Benin.

Ogunsuyi is still Edo name...Say what you know

4 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

Edo girl with Yoruba name. I get you.
What is the meaning of Ogunsuyi in Yoruba? Mumu.

5 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

Seankay say what you know

Edo people don't bear segun or ayo or ajayi.

You people keep spreading this lies and assumption even when you have never step a foot in benin.

The only possible case is by marriage. An Edo man marrying a yoruba woman or vice versa. Both parents will give whatever name they like.

To say that an Edo person goes ahead to name his children in another person's language is to say you're an imbec.ile

I don't know how you people can live with yourselves spreading such lies.

So Ogun, one of the Yoruba gods no be Yoruba name abi? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by baby124: 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

What is the meaning of ogunsuyi in yoruba?

What is uyi in your yoruba language?

Or maybe sandra is a yoruba name too
Lmao. This is not the Benin Uyi. Benin Uyi is a short form of a longer name. Ogunsuyi is Yoruba through and through. The progenitor of that name was a Yoruba man. Ogun-su-eyi. Edo people may have adopted the name. But Ogunsuyi is a Yoruba name through and through.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 10:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
mbatuku2:

What is the meaning of Ogunsuyi in Yoruba? Mumu.

It's funny how the people denying that Ogunsuyi is Yoruba are Ibos. Who dash una?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
baby124:

Lmao. This is not the Benin Uyi. Benin Uyi is a short form of a longer name. Ogunsuyi is Yoruba through and through. The progenitor of that name was a Yoruba man. Ogun-su-eyi. Edo people may have adopted the name. But Ogunsuyi is a Yoruba name through and through.

The nigga is Ibo. They sound so ignorant on this thread. grin

The othr day, one albino was telling me how 'kuku' and 'yeye' are Ibo words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by baby124: 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

So Ogun, one of the Yoruba gods no be Yoruba name abi? grin
Don't mind them. Hahahahahahahha. When and where did Edo people start worshipping a Yoruba god like Ogun. I know they worship olokun, but not Ogun.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

My dear. You need help

Hahahah, pele o. Ibo boy, go and travel. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
baby124:

Your case is a serious one.

You people may really be wired with this stupidity you tend to freely exhibit all the time.

I asked you the meaning of ogunsuyi in yoruba, and you're dancing around the question.

What is the longer form of Uyi, since you know everything about every tribe in Nigeria.

Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by shogz89: 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

My dear. You need help

Oga shut up you no nothing, it is called eti-osa meaning edge of a lagoon in english.. And I saw where you said Edo people don't bear Yoruba name, ignorant Fool, have you been to Akoko-Edo local government of Edo state, have you been to igarra, Okpe.. Biko were are you from self.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 10:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
baby124:

Don't mind them. Hahahahahahahha. When and where did Edo people start worshipping a Yoruba god like Ogun. I know they worship olokun, but not Ogun.

They will come back on this thread with multiple IDs and an 'Edo' identity. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by russello: 10:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
baby124:

Osasuyi
Oviasuyi
Ogiesuyi
Obasuyi

Are those also yoruba names through and through

7 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
shogz89:
the name ogunsuyi is a Yoruba name dream about it.

You're so delusional. -suyi is a Edo/Benin suffix. Names like Obasuyi and Oviasuyi are 100% Edo/Benin in origin.

4 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 10:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

You people may really be wired with this stupidity you tend to freely exhibit all the time.

I asked you the meaning of ogunsuyi in yoruba, and you're dancing around the question.

What is the longer form of Uyi, since you know everything about every tribe in Nigeria.

Nonsense

Oguntade
Oguntala
Oguntayo
Oguntebi
Oguntifa
Oguntodu
Oguntoke
Oguntola
Oguntolu
Oguntomi
Oguntona
Oguntope
Oguntowo
Oguntoye
Oguntubi
Oguntuga
Oguntula
Oguntulu
Oguntusi
Oguntuyi
Oguntuyo
Ogunwale
Ogunware
Ogunwede
Ogunwola
Ogunwole

and

Ogunsuyi

All Yoruba names.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by shogz89: 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
aim5:

You're so delusional. -suyi is a Edo/Benin suffix. Names like Obasuyi and Oviasuyi are 100% Edo/Benin in origin.
see who is calling me delusional, adesuyi, olasuyi, obasuyi are Yoruba names now you can call me delusional for that. undecided you better google that names before running to nairaland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by dejavski(m): 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
russello:

Osasuyi
Oviasuyi
Ogiesuyi
Obasuyi

Are those also yoruba names through and through

Is omosuyi omotuyi,... an edo name?
Because we bear these names in my town here in ilaje ondo state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by baby124: 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

Nonsense
Just google Ogunsuyi and see the barrage of Yoruba names and where these people come from. Edo people see "Uyi" and claim the name. Hahahah. I know a few Ogunsuyi's. No Edo link whatsoever. Stop claiming our names. Edo people wear our marriage attire now, we no talk. Now it's to claiming our names and god's. Make una take time Biko. Wetin be all this?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
shogz89:
Oga shut up you no nothing, it is called eti-osa meaning edge of a lagoon in Yoruba.. And I saw where you said Edo people don't bear Yoruba name, ignorant Fool, have you been to Akoko-Edo local government of Edo state, have you been to igarra, Okpe.. Biko were are you from self.

Look at this fool.

What does etiosa mean in yoruba.

Uneducated miserly.

Igarra is not a benin speaking tribe, neither are they yorubas.

The Edos (name in question) are found in the major local governments around benin city.

Oredo
Egor
Ikpoba okha
Uhumwonde
Orhiomwon
Ovia north east/ovia south west

The name in question is an Edo name.

I know you and your useless team of never-do-wells will not learn. Your reputation for stupidity precedes you

5 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
uselessgoat:
This economy is too harsh and here is someone rich enough to think about marriage for this time wey to chop sef na wahala. Suicide on my mind since last week but i can't even afford sniper. God is indeed partial embarassed
cybercafe attendant
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 10:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
baby124:

Just google Ogunsuyi and see the barrage of Yoruba names and where these people come from. Edo people see "Uyi" and claim the name. Hahahah. I know a few Ogunsuyi's. No Edo link whatsoever. Stop claiming our names. Edo people wear our marriage attire now, we no talk. Now it's to claiming our names and god's. Make una take time Biko. Wetin be all this?

Obviously I'm beginning to let you infect me with this plague you people carry about as attitude.

You can wallow in your depth of cranial pettiness without me.

Adieu

4 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by shogz89: 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

Look at this fool.

Uneducated miserly.

The Edos (name in question) are found in the major local governments around benin city.

Oredo
Egor
Ikpoba okha
Uhumwonde
Orhiomwon

I know you and your useless team of never-do-wells will not learn. Your reputation for stupidity precedes you
see this idiot,, you want me to translate Yoruba to Yoruba,, are you blind when I said eti-osa is known as the "edge of lagoon" just take a look at this illiterate.. Ok what's Anambra in ibo.

And check the words in bold,, where is igarra if I may ask if not Edo state,, where you not the one that earlier said Edo don't bear Segun and some Yoruba names, they are just wasting money on your head, nothing upstairs.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

Look at this fool.

Uneducated miserly.

Oredo
Egor
Ikpoba okha
Uhumwonde
Orhiomwon

Someone already told you what Eti osa means in Yoruba, so why do you prefer your ignorance?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
Abeg, when did Edos start worshiping or paying respect to Ogun? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

and

Ogunsuyi

What does ogunsuyi mean in yoruba?

Why haven't you said it since, if you knew it?

Is it difficult for you to say?
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by baby124: 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

Obviously I'm beginning to let you infect me with this plague you people carry about as attitude.

You can wallow in your depth of cranial pettiness without me.

Adieu

It's better you run away. How can one claim Ogunsuyi as Edo name. Na wa for una o. Real Edo names that are full of many consonants. Mtschew

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 10:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

What does ogunsuyi mean in yoruba?

Why haven't you said it since, if you knew it?

Is it difficult for you to say?

What does it mean in Edo? And when did Edos start worshiping Yoruba gods?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by baby124: 11:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:
Abeg, when did Edos start worshiping or paying respect to Ogun? grin
It is a wonder. Na today I hear this one. Soon Osun, Oya and even Esu will be Edo. I have heard claims that Olokun is now an Edo god. Story for another day. Olokun has ported and is no longer Yoruba.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2016
baby124:

The only "marriage attire" that was rocked here was the agbada. Other than that, Edo people don't copy your damn marriage attire. Many Edo groups, such as the Benin/Edo and Esan have their own distinctive traditional marriage attire. How the hell are you going to say that Edo people copy your marriage attire when Edo bridal attire(Eto Okuku) is known nationwide....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Crowd At Eko Atlantic Viewing Centre To Watch Nigeria Vs Iceland Match / Leon Balogun: "A Witch Led Me To Play For Nigeria" / Members Of 1994 Eagles Receive Houses In Abuja (Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.