Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) (53249 Views)

Ogenyi Onazi & Raheem Lawal Step Out For Ahmed Musa's Traditional Wedding (Pics) / BBNaija: Ogenyi Onazi Talks About Efe & His Supporters / Ogenyi Onazi Survives Accident In Oyo State Ahead Of Saturday Wedding (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
baby124:

Gele, Ipele, Oja are Yoruba attires. Edo's now wear that as their first or second clothes during their traditional wedding. I have seen this many many times. Even in Aso Oke material like the bride is wearing. She is wearing Gele and Ipele in Aso Okr. Not red wrapper and red beads.

I'm not disputing the fact that Gele is a Yoruba attire**** I stated that Edo brides still wear their signature wedding attires on their wedding day.

1 Like

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 11:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
shogz89:
This guy is now making me Laff rather been angry, nna biko, how you want me to translate Yoruba word to Yoruba,, ok let me break it down cos you really need to learn,, eti means edge osa means lagoon, etiosa means edge of lagoon,, like a river bank or better still a lagoon bank.. Do you understand now lad. I forgive you sha I know it is in the blood

You see why I said you all seem to have a trait of stupidity and ignorance combined?

I asked what etiosa meant in your dialect. And you scratch your empty brain and didn't know to give the meaning in a common tongue. Or is yoruba now nigeria's language too

If you don't know it, submit the paper like that, and I'd gladly fail you.

grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:50pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

You see why I said you all seem to have a trait of stupidity and ignorance combined?

I said what does etiosa mean in your dialect. And you scratch your empty brain and didn't know to give the meaning in a common tongue. Or is yoruba now nigeria's language too

grin cheesy

Look at this retard, what does Ogun mean in Edo? Ogunorobo ko ogunorobokibo ni. grin

Edos been claiming Yoruba language since 1800s

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

I asked what etiosa meant in your dialect. And you scratch your empty brain and didn't know to give the meaning in a common tongue. Or is yoruba now nigeria's language too

grin cheesy

Hahah tell him. But bros, I blame some Edo people for this nonsense as well. Some Edos let these Yoruba peons get away with certain slights..

7 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by shogz89: 11:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
aim5:

Abeg go jump off a cliff.
see this one way ib wan even talk to like normal human being.. grin grin you need Jesus grin grin
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
aim5:

I'm not disputing the fact that Gele is a Yoruba attire you uncouth swine. I stated that Edo brides still wear their signature wedding attires on their wedding day.

Many Edo chicks still dress in Yoruba attire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 11:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

What does Ogun mean in Edo? What does Ogunsuyi mean in Edo?

Aren't you ashamed of yourself that you don't even know your culture?

Dude stop using reverse psychology. You're obviously a teen who doesn't even know his birthday.

So I won't be disappointed if you don't know this either
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

Look at this retard, what does Ogun mean in Edo? Ogunorobo ko ogunorobokibo ni. grin

Edos been claiming Yoruba language since 1800s

It's the other way around. No one is claiming Yoruba language. Why can't you just accept that names like Ogunrobo are 100% Edo in origin...

1 Like

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
aim5:

Hahah tell him. But bros, I blame some Edo people for this nonsense as well. Some Edos let these Yoruba peons get away with certain slights..

Lol who sabi una since your empire fell. Never compare yourself to Yorubas ever. I'm telling you, if una no follow Biafra, the pepper wey Yorubas go show una sef. We'll get rid of them yeye Edo obas. cheesy

Ooni of Ife the world sabi..... Tell us yours tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 11:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
aim5:

It's the other way around. No one is claiming Yoruba language. Why can't you just accept that names like Ogunrobo are 100% Edo in origin...

Yorubas claim from who? Lol. Edo people wey dey use Yoruba names like Ogunsuyi, Modupe, Tola etc?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by shogz89: 11:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
Etinosajay:

grin cheesy
anuofia, Ara pa gi there,. Go and gather your teacher in school if I haven't tutored you enough. BTW what is the meaning if the eti-osa in benin,, you've been asking for translation since you haven't translated one thing.. Translate it or remain silent

1 Like

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 11:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
aim5:

Yes, I quite agree with you. But then because we are one nation, that may have cause it.

For example, if a man from one tribe marries a woman from another tribe. It is very normal for their child to bear local names from both tribes. That shows diversity as well as unity.

But not for some uninformed and glaringly ignorant few to write an assumption out of it.

Such attitude disgust and irritates me

I acknowledge that a whole lot of them are educated and know the difference, but the rest zombies, obviously, poorly educated (like Donald trump would say) have a trait that manifests stupidity. Something like SS (stupid stupid)

4 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

Lol who sabi una since your empire fell. Never compare yourself to Yorubas ever. I'm telling you, if una no follow Biafra, the pepper wey Yorubas go show una sef. Well get rid of them yeye Edo obas. cheesy

You won't do shit. Yoruba people don't phase me. There's nothing about you all that threatens me. The whole Niger Delta, Igbos and even the dusty Fulani herdsmen are more potent than you all..

5 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by russello: 11:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
Karm16:

So you now agree that Ogun was imported to Benin by Yorubas, but you don't think Ogunsuyi is a Yoruba name borrowed by Edos. Dudeeee grin

Why the abuse?
where did i argue Ogun is not a yoruba deity?
Are you saying the fact that there's "ogun" attached to the name makes it a yoruba name automatically?

OGUNkioya
OGUNrobo
IgbinOGUN
IgbinIFA
IFAkioya

note: The OGUN and IFA remains yoruba deities, but that doesn't dispute the fact that those are edo names

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by benom(m): 11:58pm On Jun 16, 2016
The young man got married to his sweet heart in Benin. And the argument for some people is the tribal identity of the bride.
Just for the sake of sanity, Ogunsuyi is a Bini name. Another version is Ogansuyi. There are a lot of Bini names that resemble Yoruba names and vice versa. Sometimes they mean exactly the same thing. Other times, they are just homonyms. Ogun in Bini means god of iron.
There is no doubt that the Binis and the Yorubas have a lot in common especially because of the close interrelations during the days of the Benin empire and the Yoruba empire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 11:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
shogz89:
anuofia, Ara pa gi there,. Go and gather your teacher in school if I haven't tutored you enough. BTW what is the meaning if the eti-osa in benin,, you've been asking for translation since you haven't translated one thing.. Translate it or remain silent

Hahaha

E pain am.

in your frustrations, you resorted to speaking ibo language. The same people you always castigate.

May my enemies be as confused as this one, to the extent of speaking in alien tongues grin cheesy

Don't worry, I will translate it, after I have had my fill of making a fool of you guys

3 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
stevedeey:
some people are simply foolish. "Ogun" is a deity in Yoruba land "iyi" simply means honour Ogunsuyi was/is coined from Ogun and iyi..... suyi is what they call "iparoje" which I loosely translate to English as sound omition ..The mode of dressing above also say a lot..... meanwhile who has marrying Yoruba lady help sef...... Na you sabi Wetin you dey argue over. Tribal bigots everywhere!

Ogunniyi is different from Ogunsuyi. Get your facts right and say what you know.

The contention here is the word 'Ogun'. Is it originally from where?

3 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by shogz89: 12:02am On Jun 17, 2016
Etinosajay:

Hahaha

E pain am.

in your frustrations, you resorted to speaking ibo language. The same people you always castigate.

May my enemies be as confused as this one, to the extent of speaking in alien tongues grin cheesy

Don't worry, I will translate it, after I have had my fill of making a fool of you guys
wetin worry this one am giving it to you the way I feel, shows am more liberal than you having moved across regions, there's no need to translate anything for me, abi no be this link you wan read translate for me https://www.nairaland.com/2407835/what-does-etiosa-mean-yoruba I think you will learn better from there mumu.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 12:02am On Jun 17, 2016
russello:

Why the abuse?
where did i argue Ogun is not a yoruba deity?
Are you saying the fact that there's "ogun" attached to the name makes it a yoruba name automatically?

OGUNkioya
OGUNrobo
IgbinOGUN
IgbinIFA
IFAkioya

note: The OGUN and IFA remains yoruba deities, but that doesn't dispute the fact that those are edo names

Where did you see abuse?

I'm trying to educate you here, so listen and pay attention.

You sound like a young child. Probably 15-18? Am I correct?

Ogunsuyi, Oguntope, Oguntola etc are all Yoruba names. Edos have been adopting Yoruba names and culture since immemorial. We get it, you look up to your big brothers, but don't start stealing from your big brother.

4 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 12:05am On Jun 17, 2016
benom:
The young man got married to his sweet heart in Benin. And the argument for some people is the tribal identity of the bride.
Just for the sake of sanity, Ogunsuyi is a Bini name. Another version is Ogansuyi. There are a lot of Bini names that resemble Yoruba names and vice versa. Sometimes they mean exactly the same thing. Other times, they are just homonyms. Ogun in Bini means god of iron.
There is no doubt that the Binis and the Yorubas have a lot in common especially because of the close interrelations during the days of the Benin empire and the Yoruba empire.

Double ID.

Does it pain you that much that you're now logging in since Feb? You guys aren't as smart as I thought. If you're correct, why do you need to sign in with multiple IDs to display sheer ignorance?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 12:06am On Jun 17, 2016
Etinosajay:

Hahaha

E pain am.

Bingo, do you own that Benom ID abi name that flat.head Ibo own am?

What does Ogun mean in Edo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 12:06am On Jun 17, 2016
shogz89:
wetin worry this one am giving it to you the way I feel, shows am more liberal than you having moved across regions, there's no need to translate anything for me, abi no be this link you wan read translate for me https://www.nairaland.com/2407835/what-does-etiosa-mean-yoruba I think you will learn better from there mumu.

Bravo

You may have talked to your grandmother and she has borrowed you some sense.

Please use it well.

If you need a manual on how to use it, quote me.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by russello: 12:08am On Jun 17, 2016
Karm16:

Where did you see abuse?

I'm trying to educate you here, so listen and pay attention.

You sound like a young child. Probably 15-18? Am I correct?

Ogunsuyi, Oguntope, Oguntola etc are all Yoruba names. Edos have been adopting Yoruba names and culture since immemorial. We get it, you look up to your big brothers, but don't start stealing from your big brother.

Thanks for the lecture, and do have a beautiful night rest.

1 Like

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 12:09am On Jun 17, 2016
Karm16:

Bingo, do you own that Benom ID abi name that flat.head Ibo own am?

What does Ogun mean in Edo?

One fool at a time, pls.

So Shift, let me school the other fool first

I will call you when I'm done with him. Don't go far, take a sit by the corner

4 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by shogz89: 12:10am On Jun 17, 2016
Etinosajay:

Bravo

You may have talked to your grandmother and she has borrowed you some sense.

Please use it well.

If you need a manual on how to use it, quote me.
fool, You are the one that need to read it, since you want to know the meaning of eti-osa. And you ain't gonna be done with me all night. Now go back there and tell me what you discovered.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by helphelp: 12:11am On Jun 17, 2016
What dialect would that be?

fiftynaira:

Otu in my local dialect means another thing grin
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 12:12am On Jun 17, 2016
shogz89:
fool, You are the one that need to read it, since you want to know the meaning of eti-osa. And you gonna be done with me all night.

Lol.

I've successfully turned you and your twin Mr stupid into objects of scorn.

4 Likes

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by idesylvester(m): 12:12am On Jun 17, 2016
All of u are wrong, she's not yoruba nor Benin "she's a typical Nigerian lady.. all of Una don belle full to dey argue about anoda persn wife tribe.. Sai baba sindrum shwee
Karm16:

Edo girl with Yoruba name. I get you.
Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 12:13am On Jun 17, 2016
Etinosajay:

One fool at a time, pls.

So Shift, let me reason with the other fool.

I will call you when I'm done with him. Don't go far, take a sit by the corner

Son come back here because the way the dude is pummeling you, I doubt you'll have any dignity left to wipe your face.

What does Ogun mean in Edo? What does Ogunsuyi mean? So y'all agree that Ogun is Yoruba, but Ogunsuyi is not? I've never met a people so confused and ignorant of the culture they're copying.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by shogz89: 12:13am On Jun 17, 2016
Etinosajay:

Lol.

I've successfully turned you and your twin Mr stupid into objects of scorn.
lol youv not said anything sensible tell me what you discovered there Mr smart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Karm16: 12:15am On Jun 17, 2016
shogz89:
fool, You are the one that need to read it, since you want to know the meaning of eti-osa. And you ain't gonna be done with me all night. Now go back there and tell me what you discovered.

Just refer the ignorant Edo kid to Google Yoruba - Eglish translator to translate Eti Osa.

I pity Edo youths. They're too ignorant of their Yoruba acclimation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogenyi Onazi's Traditional Marriage In Benin City (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 12:16am On Jun 17, 2016
Karm16:

Son come back here because the way the dude is pummeling you, I doubt you'll have any dignity left to wipe your face.

What does Ogun mean in Edo? What does Ogunsuyi mean? So y'all agree that Ogun is Yoruba, but Ogunsuyi is not? I've never met a people so confused and ignorant of the culture they're copying.

I looked for where you're copying your stupidity from, and couldn't find the source.

You must be a brilliant fool. (don't get excited, it means you're good at being a fool)

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Liverpool's Sadio Mane Snubs Jurgen Klopp Handshake After Man United Win(Photos) / Members Of 1994 Eagles Receive Houses In Abuja (Photos). / Ideye Brown Exposed By White Woman, Says He's The Father Of Her Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.