Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones (17416 Views)

Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? / What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? / 5 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Non-removable Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2016
bqlekan:
Just two Pros cheesy
- most non-removable batteries are stronger and last longer than the removable ones
- in case of power draining/slow charging issues, hard reset of battery stat.bin helps solve these issues compared to the removable ones (All you need do is unclip your battery or delete the battery stat.bin from system file. The former is preferable).
Cons
- Not easy to get a spare
- Not easy to change/remove when phone over heats
- in case of swollen battery, the leaks from the battery MIGHT damage the phone board

In case of flashing error with sp flash tools, you might be forced to remove your battery. This automatically voids your warranty. I'm currently experimenting with one infinix hot note now. Had to unclip the battery before flashing a new ROM.. grin

Hi. Please how do you unclip the battery when the power drains too quickly?
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 17, 2016
Most phones with nonremoveable batteries have a force shutdown feature when you hold the power button for 10secs. I'm using one right now.
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 17, 2016
Honestly I would go for a removable battery phone because most of the software issues can be resolved by just pulling out the battery. Having a built in battery you have to rely on sending it in for repairs and even when you do all they will do is wipe the phone and reinstall the software because they cannot get in

The con is you wont be able to do a soft reset . You lose data once that battery is done ..you need a new phone
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bolaji3071(m): 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2016
bqlekan:

Doesn't need special setup.
Just search for the latest version of SP flash tool online, probably version 5, extract the .zip file and you are good to go. make sure you install your drivers correctly (VCOM)

Alryt bro. Thanks
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bqlekan(m): 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hazkel:

Hi. Please how do you unclip the battery when the power drains too quickly?

To do this, you have to unscrew your phone. Which may void the warranty.
You can download the guide for the version of your phone on google.
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
bqlekan:

To do this, you have to unscrew your phone. Which may void the warranty. You can download the guide for the version of your phone on google.
Alright, thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by Megaideas(f): 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
bqlekan:

You are just lucky, or should I say, you are using a better brand.
I use Asus fonepad 8 and I don't ave these problems. Same cannot be said of infinix, injoo and some mediocre products.

Imagine a phone with an in-built battery asking you to remove your battery due to over-heating

Just imagine! Funny enough.
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by sweetilicious(f): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
Nelkoko:
hmm
No she didn't write this.
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bolaji3071(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2016
bqlekan:

Doesn't need special setup.
Just search for the latest version of SP flash tool online, probably version 5, extract the .zip file and you are good to go. make sure you install your drivers correctly (VCOM)

Gud pm bro. Sorry for disturbing you. Please I installed the vcom drivers on my laptop but device manager pops up this error message 'Device cannot start, code 10' please how do I make the drivers installed properly on my laptop. Thanks in advance
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bqlekan(m): 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
bolaji3071:

Gud pm bro. Sorry for disturbing you. Please I installed the vcom drivers on my laptop but device manager pops up this error message 'Device cannot start, code 10' please how do I make the drivers installed properly on my laptop. Thanks in advance

You already installed it, your system won't recognize it because it is not a signed driver, so don't worry about that.

Just go ahead with the flashing.. Your system should recognize your device/phone as Mediatek preloader USB com port or so...

*I hope you choosed the applicable operating system (64 or 32 bit)*
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bolaji3071(m): 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
bqlekan:

You already installed it, your system won't recognize it because it is not a signed driver, so don't worry about that.

Just go ahead with the flashing.. Your system should recognize your device/phone as Mediatek preloader USB com port or so...

*I hope you choosed the applicable operating system (64 or 32 bit)*

Yes it recognize my phone as that but whenever I click on it, it is always saying device drivers is not installed. And that small yellow triangle.

Not really. I just goggle search vcom driver and install it. Don't no if it is 32/64 bit
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bqlekan(m): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2016
bolaji3071:

Yes it recognize my phone as that but whenever I click on it, it is always saying device drivers is not installed. And that small yellow triangle.

Not really. I just goggle search vcom driver and install it. Don't no if it is 32/64 bit

Firstly, is your system running on 64 bit or 32 bit?
Secondly, did you do manual installation (installing through device manager) or you installed the .exe file
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bolaji3071(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
bqlekan:

Firstly, is your system running on 64 bit or 32 bit?
Secondly, did you do manual installation (installing through device manager) or you installed the .exe file

My system is running 32bit. And yes the installation was done manually through device manager. And I just checked now. My system is not recognizing my phone as mtk preloader...
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bqlekan(m): 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
bolaji3071:

My system is running 32bit. And yes the installation was done manually through device manager. And I just checked now. My system is not recognizing my phone as mtk preloader...

Make sure you select the 32bit option while installing
Make sure you select MTK PRELOADER VCOM PORT while installing
Make sure your USB cable is very okay
Consider changing the port you plugged your device
Make sure your device is switched off.

If it still doesn't recognize your device, download USBdeview, open in administrator mode, then remove all MTK drivers you see there. Reinstall your VCOM afterwards
What type of device do you want to flash self? And why?
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bolaji3071(m): 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
bqlekan:

Make sure you select the 32bit option while installing
Make sure you select MTK PRELOADER VCOM PORT while installing
Make sure your USB cable is very okay
Consider changing the port you plugged your device
Make sure your device is switched off.

If it still doesn't recognize your device, download USBdeview, open in administrator mode, then remove all MTK drivers you see there. Reinstall your VCOM afterwards
What type of device do you want to flash self? And why?

Wow bro thanks for this steps.

It is tecno phantom z mini. I want to flash twrp recovery and xpose installer on it. And I also want to use adb sideload to unlock the bootloader. It has no fault though.
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bqlekan(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
bolaji3071:

Wow bro thanks for this steps.

It is tecno phantom z mini. I want to flash twrp recovery and xpose installer on it. And I also want to use adb sideload to unlock the bootloader. It has no fault though.

Uwc brother...

Oh ok, just be careful, don't interrupt while flashing.

And I need your help, can you help me vote Lanicky on the voting thread, pls it won't take much of your time. Just type 'I vote Lanicky' then you cc NLJega..

Shey make I mention you for that threAd?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bolaji3071(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
bqlekan:

Uwc brother...

And I need your help, can you help me vote Lanicky on the voting thread, pls it won't take much of your time. Just type 'I vote Lanicky' then you cc NLJega..

Yes. Mention me
Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by bolaji3071(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
bqlekan:

Uwc brother...

Yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones by geojoe91(m): 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hello house. I got a UK used Htc one mini on Saturday. The phone is neat, good, BUT the problem is the battery. It charge very slow. Sometimes, it deceives me . when i plug it to charge, it could bring in 85% within 30mins, as soon as I remove the charger, it then return to 28%. pls guys, is there any way I can resolve this problem? By getting another non-removable battery or I should take it back and change it to a good removable battery? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ways Your Smartphone Is Violating Your Privacy / Get Airtel 600 Mb For Just # 100 / Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.