Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. (1867 Views)

Poll: Is GOD a big barrier To The World?

YES.: 66% (2 votes)
NO.: 0% (0 votes)
He Should be blamed for all.: 33% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

The Bible And The Human Race. / God Saved Me And My Siblings From A Big Python In Port Harcourt. / Are Gays Demons In Human Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:56pm On Aug 30, 2009
[size=13pt]A question that has been pondered for thousands of years is “why are we here?”. No one really knows why life exists, or even why the universe exists for that matter. There have been plenty of explanations for the “how”, but the “why” is just a mystery.

One very popular explanation for why we are here is that there is a god who put us here. This god is so not just any god, but the one and only god. For this reason, we spell his name with a capital “G” (God).  shocked

God is omniscient (all-wise), omnipotent (all-powerful), and omnibenevolent (all-good). It’s safe to say that there is no being, force, or entity that is greater than God. However, if God exists, he put us here and there must be a reason. . . but what reason is that? 

Well let’s examine what he asks of us. First, there are 10 commandments, which are rules that human beings must live by. This is a great idea, except that he didn’t give them to us at the beginning. He waited until everything got out of hand, and then decided to give them to Moses.

The first commandment states:

“Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”

Before mentioning anything about how people shouldn’t kill each other, or steal, he mentions that people can only have him as a god. This shows, right away, where his priorities lie. It comes off as a bit selfish and jealous.  embarassed  What should it matter to such a supreme being if the people he created worship him or not? It seems like an awfully petty issue for a god to be concerned with.

Since this first commandment doesn’t seem to help anyone besides God, let’s move on to the second:

“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

God is a jealous god who wants everyone to love him? That doesn’t sound like a description of the greatest being in the universe, it sounds more like an insecure teenage girl. What reason would such a being have to be jealous if that being is all-knowing, and knows there is no being greater than him? Also, notice he still hasn’t mentioned anything about killing or stealing because he just keeps talking about himself.

Let’s move on to the third, and hope that there is a something useful coming up:

“Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Here, God is still giving instructions regarding himself, except this time sounds more like a little kid who is getting made fun of because his name sounds funny. Would it really matter to someone who had high self-esteem if someone used their name in vain? How is this arbitrary rule more important than making sure people don’t kill each other?

The fourth commandment is as follows:

“Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.”

Now God wants us to set one day aside each week to worship him. This sounds similar to a girlfriend or wife who complains that her boyfriend or husband doesn’t compliment her enough. If this girl ruled the universe, I’m sure she would want everyone to spend 52 days each year gathering to compliment her too.

After the fourth commandment, God finally mentions that people can’t kill each other, steal from each other, and commit adultery. These things seem to be way too low on the list, but at least they eventually make the list.

Then comes a very surprising tenth commandment:

“Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his Bottom, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.”

Thou shalt not covet? Isn’t that the same as saying thou shalt not be jealous? It’s almost as if God thinks we might have forgotten that he just told us how jealous he is in the second commandment. There might as well be an eleventh commandment that says “Thou shalt do as I say, not as I do.”

It’s amazing how half of the commandments are there to ensure that God’s feelings are never hurt, when “Thou shalt not violation” is completely left off the list.

So if there is a God, why did he create us? According to his list of rules he’s given us, it sounds like he created us to make him feel better about himself. He’s the most powerful being imaginable, yet he created human beings in order to have them worship him.

I am nowhere near as great as God is said to be, yet still I would never need as much reassurance as he requests. If the all-mighty God exists, and his ten commandments are true, then he is absolutely the most insecure being I have ever heard of.
[/size]
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by wisekid: 4:10am On Aug 31, 2009
i agree with many of your agreement God is punishing humanity for is own sin humanity is not a sin in the battle to survive man have to fight to survive the ten commandment show that god do not understand human he did not have human feeling

if a man rape a woman god himself rape a man by forcing man to love a woman mating is not the will of man we are force to love a woman it is not the wish of man god himself is a sexual dictator he went to force is will on humanity that is why he told us to be obedient to him and threat humanity with the threat of hellfire

if god is religious then god is a fool religion make a fool of god
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 8:28am On Aug 31, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[i]A question that has been pondered for thousands of years is “why are we here?”.

@Ogaga4Luv, you are the ONLY Big FOOL that don't know "why you are here?”.

I have told you that before now
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:07am On Aug 31, 2009
[size=13pt]@maykelly

You're mad. .You're a ((Mad Girl))-though sorry for the flaming word i just drop on you,since you alway's deserve more than 58 round of heavy slaps or koncs in your head.,for a while now i have been watching your strange reaction on our conversation , they are nothing than [sup]"act of Stupidity"
and you absolutely know nothing about (Christianity) my dear,not even (Religion).

Peherp's you have been thinking i didn't toke proper notice of your lack of knowledge in sharing on discussion on our forum,90 percent of your post are senseless and cant be of help in our midst,simply because  Insultingis not a wise idea ,whatsoever reason in conversation in the midst of many.

NOTE: You are the one who has been calling me names,even though-"I AM",you are the one who has been calling me(Fool) even though i have never been a fool and has never called you a fool?,You called youself a Christian and you're here busy insulting even when it is not necessary,or have you forgot you are the one telling me,IM GOING TO BURN IN HELL with my father. . .(SATAN) and you're going to heaven?,but Remember,it is written: Whosoever cause another person,(You are a FOOL) is also going to HELL?.

well,i love meeting people like you in reality maykelly my dear,you still have to"Upgrade" your brain,if not now. . .you're best describe as(Little pervent of a man)-You alway's call me all source of name's simply because i am not a bleeping pretender like you,simply because im open minded and simply because i hate Lies.[/sup]
[/size]
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2009
Oh! what a shame! you're a lost soul cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2009
James 4:8
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2009
Romans 8:5
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Romans 8:7
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Philippians 3:19
Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 1:16pm On Aug 31, 2009
their weapon of war grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i can't stop  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin oh mine still can't stop cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by budaatum: 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[i]A question that has been pondered for thousands of years is “why are we here?”. No one really knows why life exists, or even why the universe exists for that matter. There have been plenty of explanations for the “how”, but the “why” is just a mystery.

One very popular explanation for why we are here is that there is a god who put us here. This god is so not just any god, but the one and only god. For this reason, we spell his name with a capital “G” (God). shocked
Sorry Ogaga, but you must be one of those who do not know why you are here, for I do not share such ignorance about myself as you seem to! Still, I must refrain from insulting, or denigrating you as May does as I see no wisdom in her rhetoric.

The Son of the King of the Heavens (Omo Oba Shorun, or Bashorun with or without the 'H'), of the Orolu Kingdom, me, that is, is here to bring light from the heavens down to the Orolu Kingdom and all they who are of that Kingdom. It is well known that the Word was in the beginning, and that through that Word are all things made. In fact, it is said that God used it to create the heavens and the earth, and no doubt you, if you happen to be of such a theological leaning. And nothing, they say, is made without it.

I buda atum, am here to bring that light to the people of the Kingdom aforementioned. It is why I collect the Word (Light, books) for the library in the Orolu Kingdom (Orolu Local Government), so that the people of the Kingdom may have it amongst them and know.

If you, Ogaga, are at ends to your own mission, know that you are very welcome to share mine.
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:09pm On Aug 31, 2009
Err. .

You're wrong maykelly. . . , im not Lost forever my dear,i just guest you are refferring to the opposite,i was lost,but now that i have been found,iw never go astray again wink ,though many said i have changed but i think now i find my (((true self))).

Ave Satana!!-sincerely(Ogaga Onowighose)
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by skyone(m): 11:22pm On Aug 31, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

Err. .

You're wrong maykelly. . . , im not Lost forever my dear,i just guest you are refferring to the opposite,i was lost,but now that i have been found,iw never go astray again wink ,though many said i have changed but i think now i find my (((true self))).

Ave Satana!!-sincerely(Ogaga Onowighose)

Even cows knows why they are here on earth, you must be a complete jobless man.
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2009
[size=13pt]Religions have permeated into every corner of the globe, now that the human race has made a right mess of everything, now that we need him more than ever, why has he gotten the worst case of stage fright ever known to man? ,Sorry [sup]Skyone,but I did tell you i am not part of those many religion Insanity,i basically talking about((God and Religion)) ,for sure im point straight to those that doesn't know why and what reason they're here in this world,i wrote this article simply because i show large interest in helping spiritually and physically those lacking knowledge of this world and make sure they realise the true goal in life.

Peace .[/sup]
[/size]
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2009
I warned the proud, ‘Stop your boasting! ’I told the wicked, ‘Don’t raise your fists! Psalm 75:4
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2009
The Lord detests the proud; they will surely be punished. Proverbs 16:5

Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2009
Why cant you just do without the ((Bible))?
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2009
mmmm , How did you get my pic?
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

Why cant you just do without the ((Bible))?

Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth. Proverbs 5:7

Hear my words, O ye wise men; and[b] give ear unto me[/b], ye that have knowledge. Job 34:2
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

mmmm , How did you get my pic?

Pic what Pic do you mean the earthworm Pic?
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2009
haha. . . You're funny oo shocked ,
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2009
A fool’s proud talk becomes a rod that beats him, but the words of the wise keep them safe. Proverbs 14:3

Boy You need salvation! angry
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2009
May you're sharing out of your mind,i told you stop opening your bible ,why cant you just for goodness sake do without the so -called((Bible)) and start using your head?,so sorry i have notice so far how you didn't realise all ((Bible is Manmaid)) so why wasting your time in vanity?

Anyway give me strong proves that make's you disagree(God is a great barrier in human race)-well, perherp's your next post may still come striaght from the bible but remember the (bible cant prove the bible) ,and even God cant prove himself.
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 3:34pm On Sep 01, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

do without the so -called((Bible)) and start using your head?, ((Bible is Manmaid))

Anyway give me strong proves that make's you disagree(Ogaga4Luv Ogaga4Luv Ogaga4Luv is a great barrier in human race)-well, perherp's your next post may still come striaght from the bible but remember the (bible cant prove the bible) ,and even God cant prove himself.

What made you believe that your so called brain is not manmade, your brain washed grin grin.

before i answer your question why you are a barrier to yourself, pls answer these questions for me

Do you know the Three WISE MEN in the Bible?
and Why were they called WISE MEN?
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2009
Even in fundamentals and essentials the Bible fails to clearly communicate. Imagine bailing out of an airplane about to crash, having never parachuted before, only to discover on your way down that the instructions on the side of your parachute are as muddled as the Bible’s "Plan of Salvation"! Yet this is the situation Christians find themselves in. Christians believe themselves free-falling towards hell, and need an answer to the question "What must I do to be saved?"3 .
Your God is omnipotent, so strong and enormous?

He’s even bigger than the Stratasaurus?he can do ANYTHING, even part the Red Sea?
Make the sun go backwards, or resurrect me?,then why can’t he come down,to answer a small request,for it’s my soul on the line,for which Jesus gave His best.
Jesus offered the doubting Thomas,Proof he couldn’t deny,“Stick your hands into my bleeding wounds,and your doubt I’ll satisfy.”.Well, IF God is fair, and treats all the same
I’m only asking for equal treatment, .I demand the same for my eyes!
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by wisekid: 1:53am On Sep 02, 2009
May kelly:

@Ogaga4Luv, you are the ONLY Big FOOL that don't know "why you are here?”.

I have told you that before now

you believe in God but you do not see the God you believe did that not make you a fool what give you the confident to call others a fool a fool have more faith than the wise the wise are independent thinkers quoting the bible does not make you wise think for yourself a person who acknowledges that there is no god is wiser than a person who believe in a god we don,t see

religious people believe they are a saint but they are worst than a devil they hide under the name of God and the name of god cover there sin

religious people are the greatest fool and they are easily deceive into belief

i don,t went to go to heaven i love this world if you believe i we go to hell i we love to go there hell is death the grave is the hell we are all looking for all sinner we go there you and me and all of us we go to hell which is the grave

[quote][/quote]
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 8:31am On Sep 02, 2009
wisekid:

like father like son. grin
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 9:26am On Sep 02, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

?
then why can’t he come down,to answer a small request,for it’s my soul on the line,for which Jesus gave His best.
Jesus offered the doubting Thomas,Proof he couldn’t deny,“Stick your hands into my bleeding wounds,and your doubt I’ll satisfy.”.Well, IF God is fair, and treats all the same

I’m only asking for equal treatment, .I demand the same for my eyes!

LUKE 16:26 - 31
Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

For I have[b] five brethren[/b]; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if [b]one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. [/b]

------------------------------------------ Short Notes for You----------------------------------------------------
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;  Revelation 2:7

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; Revelation 2:11

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;  Revelation 2:17

He that hath an ear, let him hear  what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Revelation 2:29

He that hath an ear, let him hear  what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Revelation 3:6

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Revelation 3:13

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Revelation 3:13

He that hath an ear let him hear  what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Revelation 3:22

------------------------Do Not Forget this last verse------------------------

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophet, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2009
Please Stop Crying. . .weep not for me,i sense your feelings towards me,but dont worry-wipe away your Crocodile tears since im not yet Lost , Now ((I AM FOUND)) in as much i discover my Trueself Idenity

Oh my. .,You cares alot about other people,but what about yourself-tell me from deep inside your heart if really you know your (Position) now and your destination ?.

May kelly:

Oh! what a shame! you're a lost soul cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[i]Please Stop Crying. . .weep not for me,i sense your feelings towards me,but dont worry-wipe away your Crocodile tears

No of course not, those tears are actually coming out from your own eyes, grin I don't cry muchless for the beast.

Get Wisdom, Get Understanding: forget it not;  Proverbs 4 v 3
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2009
hehehe. . . . Maykelly i caught red handed this time around lieing again?,OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! (((She's a wonderful LIER))) grin grin- no need to deny your own tears running down your eyes.

Hey peepz i knew you definately be an eye withness. . .? wink

Topic:

Can you proof this your hiding ((God)) blameless dispite all the problems he has been generating in our world today,why is he so Proud?. anyway he cant play (hide and seek)game with me just like he has been doing to you.
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by muhsin(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2009
Ogaga4wonder.
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Maykelly(f): 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ogaga4Luv, i have always told you that you're a frustrated fool, posing with a white woman does not make u great grin because your master's name is highly lifted low above all names! i hope you know that - so don't be told. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin oh mine! mine! grin grin grin grin
Re: God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2009
Mushin. . . Yeah man you can say that again grin grin((wicked laugh)).

Maykelly. . . Did you just. . ?No i dont think so. i mean did you just "upgrade" this thread heading in all your response or it automatically change from God? to Ogaga Ogaga Ogaga a big time barrier in human race?, well. . .dont allow me to bite you with my wrath. everybody that knows me has something good to testify so please dont get it wrong,the god you're saving is even afraid of me .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spiritualist / Pastor /prophet / Alfa / 15 Promises Of "Our Lady" To Christians Who Recite The Rosary / Photo: Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Daughter Called To The Nigerian Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.