Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,421 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Funny Nicknames For Footballers. - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Funny Nicknames For Footballers. (21170 Views)

Adidas’ Laceless Boot Is A Wonderful News For Footballers. / Is It Good For Footballers To Smoke. / Funny Nicknames Of Premiership Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by AndreUweh(m): 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2009
the viper:

pple seem to have forgotten my man SAMSON OZOGULA ZION TRAIN

IT SEEMS YOY HAVE NOT READ MY POST. ANYWAY, I HAD EARLIER MENTIONED ZION TRAIN SAMPSON OZOGULA. HE USE TO SCORE FOR IICC AND I.NATIONALE FROM CORNER KICKS.
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by AndreUweh(m): 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2009
Andre Uweh:

As you can see, their clubs then are listed in the posts.
koolchicco:

Yea right!Some of them are quite old tho,maybe i'd enquire from my Grand-Pa. undecided cheesy wink
are you sure your grand-pa will know them?.
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by AndreUweh(m): 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2009
tayoccu:

@andrew uweh
r u the same andrew that player 4 nigeria?

No, the one that played for Nigeria is Andrew Uwe while the writer here is Andre UWEH. Anyway, Uwe or Uweh is a common surname in Igboland.
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by AndreUweh(m): 10:41pm On Sep 05, 2009
After the disbandment of Leventis United, James Etokebe was bought by Nationale. But he could not dislodge Paul Uzokwe in that NO. 11 position. That marked the beginning of his downfall. Ben Johnson the Ghanian could not also bench Ransome Madu at Nationale.
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by stanloski(m): 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2009
There was a guy with a Ghanaian sounding name that played for eagles from Leventis United- Leotis Boateng wasnt a bad player.
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by AndreUweh(m): 10:49pm On Sep 05, 2009
stanloski:

What of James Etokebe, wasiu ipaye (later played for shell fc of Gabon) In fact it was the infamous ban on stephen keshi henry nwosu and two others for reporting late to camp that kicked off the mass exodus of players abroad.

They were banned for 1 year by Idiagbon regime and keshi moved to Cote D Ivoire to play for Stella FC before joining Lokeren in belgium then moved to Anderlecht for a princely sum of $400,000 (about 2million naira in those days) Boys went ballistic and all man faced europe. Henry Nwosu moved to Cameroon. Then we only invite like 2 to 3 pros for matches. PPle like John Chidozie, Richard Owobukiri (goal machine) they were called "prefessionals" then. Leventis also had Edward Ansah fantastic goalie. Leventis was the 1st club to go an entire season unbeaten with John mastoruodes as the club head. Good old days.
Leventis achieved that feat in div 3. But when they moved to div 2, they lost to DIC Bees of Kaduna 4:1.
I think there were 5 of them who were suspended. Mostly NNB players e.g Keshi, Eboigbe, Omokaro, Nwosu and Tarilla Okoronwanta from Insurance.
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by AndreUweh(m): 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2009
stanloski:

There was a guy with a Ghanaian sounding name that played for eagles from Leventis United- Leotis Boateng wasnt a bad player.

He was actually Ghanian as well as Ben Johnson and Edward Ansah.
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by stanloski(m): 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2009
I recently ran into Frank Onwuachi, he is now into business, runs a microfinance bank in asaba. He was in one of our worldcup qualifying matches against Tunisia in the 80s
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by AndreUweh(m): 11:12pm On Sep 05, 2009
I remember vividly, that Okey Isima's goal against Tunisia in 1985. He just came off the bench and scored. I hope he inspires the Eagles 2morrow.
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by bydot1(m): 1:42am On Sep 06, 2009
Are we here to talk about footballers nickname or the old school players
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by AndreUweh(m): 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2009
by.dot:

Are we here to talk about footballers nickname or the old school players
BOTH. You can not mention their nicknames without letting younger generation of Nigerian fans know about them properly.
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by bydot1(m): 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2009
Whatever
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by Hoteph(m): 6:16am On Sep 07, 2009
Peter crouch------------------------Dogo baza
Anelka --------------------------------Nneka
Adebayor---------------------------Ade mumu
Fabrgas------------------------------Fabrpass
Paul Scholes-------------------------Albino flash
Didier Dorgba----------------------=-Turugba
Essien-----------------------------------katako (wood /3310)
Wayne Roney--------------------------Kolo Mental
C. Ronaldo------------------------------C.boy
Shaun Wright Philiphs-----------------Okada man
Therry henry----------------------------Igwe!
N. Benthner-----------------------------slowpoke
Joe Cole----------------------------------John Okoro
Alumnia----------------------------------Aluminium
Rio Fednand---------------------------Drug man
A. helb-------------------------------bending corner
Theo Walcot-----------------------A. bullet
Makalel------------------------------danfo driver
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by bydot1(m): 7:30am On Sep 07, 2009
Hehe, grin
Cr9 na cwahala o
Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by pinchi: 11:56am On Sep 07, 2009
adebayor-ademumu
ronaldo-ororo
clinchy-kelechi
toure-kolomental

Re: Funny Nicknames For Footballers. by bydot1(m): 1:53pm On Sep 07, 2009
Eto'o--- lion
Iniesta--- baby face

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AFCON 2021 Qualifiers: Super Eagles Train In Uyo (Photos) / Samuel Okwaraji Died 24 Years Ago / Is There Any Reasonable Reason Why Mikel Hasn't Played For Chelsea Yet ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.