Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Tennis: US Open 2009 - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: US Open 2009 (14248 Views)

Tennis US Open 2012.. / Us Open Tennis 2011: Djokovic Vs Nadal Live / Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 1:43am On Sep 15, 2009
eldee:

Erm . . . did you sleep through the Wimbledon Final??
Was the wimbledon finals a classic? undecided
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 15, 2009
chic2pimp:

Was the wimbledon finals a classic? undecided

they said it was, i didnt think so . . . Roddick wouldnt win even if his life depended on it.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Borat1: 1:45am On Sep 15, 2009
I swear i'd have stopped watching tennis if fed had won. Haba!
Imp2Chimp, pack it up!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Nobody: 1:46am On Sep 15, 2009
Wonder how this will change the dynamics of the rankings now . . . Murray with all his masters titles has to be totally bummed to see Del Po win this . . .
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by sirwebs(m): 1:50am On Sep 15, 2009
How many GS finals has Fedex played? I guess more than anybody else ever. He's a machine, he's the best ever. Congrats DelPo. Na siddon look we dey. I remember Safin's heroics at the AO once.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 1:50am On Sep 15, 2009
davidylan:

they said it was, i didnt think so . . . Roddick wouldnt win even if his life depended on it.
EXACTLY. Roddick's chances aside,that match was plain and boring. There was little skill on show throughout the duration of that match. Anyone seeking a cure for insonmia should re watch that match.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 1:55am On Sep 15, 2009
~Borat~:

I swear i'd have stopped watching tennis if fed had won. Haba!
Imp2Chimp, pack it up!
Pack wot up? undecided

davidylan:

Wonder how this will change the dynamics of the rankings now . . . Murray with all his masters titles has to be totally bummed to see Del Po win this . . .
Murray is a late bloomer. He needs a little more time.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by eldee(m): 1:56am On Sep 15, 2009
chic2pimp:

EXACTLY. Roddick's chances aside,that match was plain and boring. There was little skill on show throughout the duration of that match. Anyone seeking a cure for insonmia should re watch that match.
Little skill?? I've still got it on Sky+ . . . call me if u want to watch it.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 2:00am On Sep 15, 2009
chic2pimp:

Very easy to say after the match ended.

The fact is Fed lost the match and deservedly so.If you looked closely he was a knacked Mutherfucker at the end,when have you seen Fed making double faults so consistently in a long time.When the chips are down he relies on aces , not so much tonite.Like I said earlier his days of invisibilty are long gone and thankfully he has the twins to preoccupy his time.

I would get a lot of knocks for this(now) but he has no chance of winning any GS again.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Borat1: 2:02am On Sep 15, 2009
King Juan I cool

Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 2:13am On Sep 15, 2009
eldee:

Little skill?? I've still got it on Sky+ . . . call me if u want to watch it.
It was all BOOM!!!!! BOOM!!!!! BOOM!!!!!!. There was hardly, If any long rallies played. Long rallies allows players to showcase their vast array of skills(or in roddick's case none whatsoever)

viewlekan:

Very easy to say after the match ended.

The fact is Fed lost the match and deservedly so.If you looked closely he was a knacked Mutherfucker at the end,when have you seen Fed making double faults so consistently in a long time.When the chips are down he relies on aces , not so much tonite.Like I said earlier his days of invisibilty are long gone and thankfully he has the twins to preoccupy his time.

I would get a lot of knocks for this(now) but he has no chance of winning any GS again.
Federer had a bad day @ the office thats all. What y'all fail to mention is the numerous chances Fedex had to close out the second set and effectively the match.

I see Federer winning two grandslams next year. Make no bones about it,Fedex is still TOPDOG.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Krayola2(m): 2:48am On Sep 15, 2009
chic2pimp:

Federer had a bad day @ the office thats all. What y'all fail to mention is the numerous chances Fedex had to close out the second set and effectively the match.

I see Federer winning two grandslams next year. Make no bones about it,Fedex is still TOPDOG.

Federer got his ass kicked jare. Dey give am beatin, the rest na story. Ur hero is a chump. 2 grandslams ko, 4 champions league ni. Otu oshi grin grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 4:41am On Sep 15, 2009
isnt it about time someone else win a GS?

The same way folks screamed that tennis has changed after last years AO. I see Fedex hitting the 20 GS mark before retiring
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by rasputinn(m): 5:27am On Sep 15, 2009
dayokanu:

isnt it about time someone else win a GS?

The same way folks screamed that tennis has changed after last years AO. I see Fedex hitting the 20 GS mark before retiring

Yea yea,excuses excuses
Isn't it about time you guys stopped pepperring our ears with roger this roger that,good to see Del Potro whoop his asss grin grin grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by rasputinn(m): 5:30am On Sep 15, 2009
chic2pimp:

Murray is a late bloomer. He needs a little more time.

Yes,I agree he needs like ten more years before he can win a GS and fifteen more years before he can be numero uno
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by RuuDie(m): 6:21am On Sep 15, 2009
@ Davidylan,

see i told u it was coming. . . . the fairy-tale wouldn't have been complete without another unheralded occurrence - it was ominous; after kim's triumph, a Fed upset was just there waiting to come to pass.

Its really not about form or who plays better; its basically just about the direction that lmother-uck's wheel is facing!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by FBS: 6:43am On Sep 15, 2009
yikes. . . grin

Good boy Del Potro!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 7:06am On Sep 15, 2009
YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! Del Potro sank Federer, what a match!!!
Don't know what else to say . . . . . . . . . am glad Fed didn't win.
Way to go Potro!!!!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 7:16am On Sep 15, 2009
^^ Shushh AT least FEDEX was not sent out in straight sets like the butt hugging capri wearing Mallorcan
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 7:27am On Sep 15, 2009
^^^  grin grin grin grin He lives to fight another day, leave him alone. grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 7:36am On Sep 15, 2009
^^ Just like Muritala I mean Murray will win GS in 2040
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 7:45am On Sep 15, 2009
Don't worry about Murray,You will be here in the very near future and I will remind you.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 7:51am On Sep 15, 2009
^^ You mean in the future like 2050?
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 7:57am On Sep 15, 2009
Go away jor, anti-English Nazi grin, am talking about about 2-3yrs.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 8:00am On Sep 15, 2009
^^^You mean in 23 years?? Do you know Djokovic, Del Potro , Nadal, Tsonga are all pretty young?
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 8:07am On Sep 15, 2009
So? Pls stop harping on Murray, he will deliver the goods sooner than you think, he's not actually Methuselah is he?.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 8:09am On Sep 15, 2009
Del Potro won a GS at 20 yet ppl would scream here Muritala is young

Murray is closer to Metuselah than Del potro is
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by sirwebs(m): 8:44am On Sep 15, 2009
@lekan, Roger had a bad day in the office and still took "hot" DelPo to five. He doesn't get bad days often. Besides early in the year guys were yapping about Nadal. Fed comes and wins two GS. He has nothing to prove buddy just quietly extending his GS record so the next fella coming to break it will "suffer."
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2009
rasputinn:

Yes,I agree he needs like ten more years before he can win a GS and fifteen more years before he can be numero uno
Stop hating jare. Murray is a Grandslam champion in waiting.

tubabie:

So? Pls stop harping on Murray, he will deliver the goods sooner than you think, he's not actually Methuselah is he?.
D.I.C.K.E.E is a wasteman. Nah jealousy go kill am.

dayokanu:

^^ Just like Muritala I mean Murray will win GS in 2040
dayokanu:

^^ You mean in the future like 2050?
Keep on hating buddy. Murray would soon shut the likes of you up.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by RuuDie(m): 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2009
Y'all c'mon. . . . don't try to take the shine off Del Potro - he beat the best and second best players in the world to win this GS and it was no fluke!

@ chic2pimp,

wey u. . . . like sey u bet now, shebi i for don chop small money for d week! grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by qblaze(m): 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
RIP Fedex!!!
You've been extremely lucky this year. Del P and Haas could have knocked you out of Roland Garros. Roddick lost his mojo at Wimbledon. This is the end of your era Swiss boy.

Go take care of the twins.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by rasputinn(m): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2009
chic2pimp:

Stop hating jare. Murray is a Grandslam champion in waiting.

I ain't hating,I've actually supported him at a point,it's because of him I coined the word Scottish-Brit,however he lacks the kind of fighting spirit it takes to displace a sitting numero uno,he tends to capitulate at the big stage

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

BREAKING: FIFA Reject Chelsea's Appeal Against A Two-window Transfer Ban / Cristiano Ronaldo Score 2 Goals In Al Nassr's Win Vs Ahli / Stoke Signs Victor Moses On Loan From Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.