Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker (8524 Views)

Any Attempt To Impeach Buhari Will Be Resisted As It Was Done In Turkey–APC Govs / Plot To Impeach Buhari: APC Releases Statement / Plot To Impeach Buhari: Senator Misau Criticizes Colleagues For Leaking Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by ijustdey: 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
Mudiaga Affe, Calabar

There are indications that the Speaker of the Cross River State House of Assembly, Mr. John Gaul-Lebo, might be impeached following a crisis in the House.
It was gathered on Friday that majority of the lawmakers are aggrieved over the prolonged non-payment of welfare to members.

The bulk of the lawmakers had four days ago threatened to impeach the speaker.
The latest move will be the third time since assumption of office in June 2015 that the Speaker will be threatened with impeachment notice.

It was learnt that the majority of the legislators are piqued that after one year in office, they had yet to get their official cars, housing and wardrobe allowances as well as other entitlements.

One of the aggrieved members, who spoke anonymously, said his colleagues were also worried of the inability to sit and carry out constitutional duties due to lack of diesel and unavailability of office stationeries to run the legislature.

“Beyond all the grievances listed above, we do not sit regularly due to lack of electricity and office facilities to ease the business. It is a serious matter,” he said.

The source added that the civil servants in the Assembly were angry with the Speaker over plot to transfer some top officials for allegedly divulging the leadership’s financial transactions to other members of the House.

Another competent source told our correspondent that about 11 lawmakers, allegedly led by the Lawmaker representing Ikom 2 State Constituency, Mr. Simon Nkoro, are already shopping for signatures to make up 2/3 of the 25 lawmakers in the House in order to impeach the Speaker.

Most of the lawmaker said to be in support of the impeachment, according to the source further include members representing Calabar Municipality, Bakassi, Odukpani, Obudu, Akamkpa I and II and Calabar South II constituencies.

The source added that the aggrieved lawmakers and the leadership of the house have series of peace meetings with the Deputy Governor, Prof. Ivara Esu, and the party Chairman, Mr. Inok Edim, on Wednesday and Thursday respectively.

Reacting to the development, Chairman of the House Committee on Information, Mr. Nelson Ofem, confirmed that there was “discontent” in the House.
He, however, said that no impeachment notice had been served the Speaker.

Also speaking, the Chief Press Secretary to the Speaker, Mr. Azogor Ideba, said, “There is no problem in the house, a few members cannot just wake up and impeach the Speaker.”

http://www.punchng.com/crisis-rocks-c-river-assembly-lawmakers-attempt-impeach-speaker/

Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
It was learnt that the majority of the legislators are piqued that after one year in office, they had yet to get their official cars, housing and wardrobe allowances as well as other entitlements.
They always fight over selfish interest... SMH

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by StepTwo: 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
A state legislator receives about N6 million per annum, comprising basic salaries and other perquisites, according to a Daily Trust analysis based on records obtained from the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC).
Most of these state governments have purchased brand new Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs) for their lawmakers even though they still owe salaries and despite collecting bailout from the federal government last year.
Daily Trust findings revealed that the vehicles were mostly 2016 SUV models of Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, Escape Ford, as well as exotic Camry saloon, Hyundai and Peugeot brands.
States that have bought vehicles for their legislators include Kaduna, Niger, Kano, Imo, Sokoto, Jigawa, Kogi, Lagos, Sokoto, Kwara, Benue, Cross River and Katsina.

www.allafrica.com/stories/201605240945.html

am yet to believe this story.
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by LessNoise: 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
Slow day ...... Coming tru
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Lifehack: 6:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by NaijaFutbol: 6:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
see them
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Lifehack: 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
HilHilarious See what happens when chicken decides to drink beer

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaFJBFq4TWY[/flash]

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Zico5(m): 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
I take a look at the structure of the party PDP and I ask myself if this is the kind of party some misguided individuals on nairaland want die for. Politics apart, we all know that something good and genuine can never come out of the party. The house that is built on false and fake foundation is PDP. Those that are supporting them know what they want and that is why there is trouble from the national headquarters to the local level. PDP is purely dead.
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Sermwell(m): 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
Believe this sh1t at your own risk cheesy
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by goodvision12(m): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
Today is my birthday show some love

5 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Proffdada: 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by mrvitalis(m): 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
The common man has no business with this news

Not for his benefits at all.... ....

They should do what ever they want jor
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Sermwell(m): 6:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodvision12:
why are you guyz always begging for love on this forum? grin

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2016
how e take concern me?
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Lagito(m): 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
All just because of their welfare. They should continue.
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by prinsam30: 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
Failed and confused government with set of Touts parading as leaders.. ..

Shame on u people
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by OfemDuke24: 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
[color=#770077][/color] cry embarassed embarassed feeling so sad about this. My state is not known for this political nonsense.
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Eboski(m): 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
Zico5:
I take a look at the structure of the party PDP and I ask myself if this is the kind of party some misguided individuals on nairaland want die for. Politics apart, we all know that something good and genuine can never come out of the party. The house that is built on false and fake foundation is PDP. Those that are supporting them know what they want and that is why there is trouble from the national headquarters to the local level. PDP is purely dead.
How about your mighty party APC?
What is their achievement so far over one year now.
make una no go die up top PDP matter o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by prinsam30: 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
Sermwell:
why are you guyz always begging for love on this forum? grin

Because their loved ones Dumped them for better lovers grin grin grin grin
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by WHOcarex: 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
who cares undecided
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by WHOcarex: 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
Eboski:
How about your mighty party APC?
What is their achievement so far over one year now.
make una no go die up top PDP matter o.
He gave his opinion. Give yours or STFU
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by atirolu(m): 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
Money?
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Sermwell(m): 7:41pm On Jun 17, 2016
prinsam30:

Because their loved ones Dumped them for better lovers grin grin grin grin
hahahahahah!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy they should accept our sympathy!

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by fujirice: 7:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
WHOcarex:
He gave his opinion. Give yours or STFU
Buh he just gave his own too na

Why throw the first stone when you live in a glass house grin
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by fujirice: 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
Zico5:

Shebi Edo state impeached their speaker not long ago? They even exchanged light blows.
Shall we now agree that APC have their own wahala too?
No dey carry party matter for head.
Besides this one is not a party affair but a State house of Rep affair.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Izonpikin: 8:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

They always fight over selfish interest... SMH
always my brother...
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by WHOcarex: 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
fujirice:

Buh he just gave his own too na

Why throw the first stone when you live in a glass house grin
grin I dey vex jor. But the guy nor make any sense na. Check am
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Pavarottii(m): 9:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
Zico5:
Demented zombies open their mouths and say rubbish. Abi u didn't see thugs invading Edo state house of assembly. Abi Is that one PDP?
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by iykeSR: 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodvision12:
Re: Cross River Assembly Attempts To Impeach Speaker by Lilprincey(m): 12:08am On Jun 18, 2016
Instead of fiqhting for projects actualisation, they need wardrobe allowance...

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Mythbuster Version - The Coup Of Jan 15th 1966 / El-Rufai Promises To Fix General Hospital Rigasa After Complaints On Twitter / Osinbajo Receives European Union Election Observers And Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.