Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue (26944 Views)

"Do Not Revenge Herdsmen Attacks" - Buhari Appeals To Victims Of Attacks / Fayose Releases Phones Numbers To Report Sighting Of Herdsmen In Ekiti / Fake News: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by mukhcech(m): 11:23am On Jun 18, 2016
cococandy:
What is buhari doing about this? Why is he silent?

Cut the man a slack already, You mean Osibanjo. The last time I check Enemies of Nigeria were happy that he is doing of an uknown illness in london. Osibanjo is in charge now.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by kennymartinsne: 11:25am On Jun 18, 2016
Like seriously, I dont know wat to say abt dis Fulani pple n y Baba neva say anything on d Mata,am short of words just because I fought 2 get Buhari in ........... lipsrsealed
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 18, 2016
Why is everybody mentioning Omenka is he a Police officer
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Atk1nson(m): 11:29am On Jun 18, 2016
bendeco12:
benue people don't be coward.... running for them will not stop them from attacking ... clear them from your territory and be save for once. here in Onitsha they write letter to our neighboring town, atani that they are comming but the community replied them that they should come that they are waiting for them. and if they try it, we will not kill only the herdsmen but also massacre all Hausas in onitsha. they should not forget wetin hppn in 2006.. it will repeat it self again.

Bro I thought so, until I saw videos of the fulanis' with AK 47. Dane gun and cutlass is no match for their firepower. It's d irresponsible that we have in power and the sleeping governor that should be blamed. If it were to further his political ambition, am sure the governor will be able to source for well armed militia.

1 Like

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by mukhcech(m): 11:31am On Jun 18, 2016
Funjosh:

Yes they do but one thing I don't understand where those guys get their weapon from, they come in mass with sophisticated weapons that the villagers got no choice than to run

Verywell, can we safely conclude that, this is a case of cummunal clashes that have caused great loss of life and properties to both the Benue people and Fulani herdsmen? And I believe this conflicts can be resolved if we are sincere and ready for peace.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Oliviaxx(f): 11:34am On Jun 18, 2016
Ewizard:
Arase deploy ur boys go dere nah, shuu!!! angry

Come oo! Dat pikin wey dey suck bweast neva reach 5 yrs ni??

My thoughts exactly
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Funjosh(m): 11:35am On Jun 18, 2016
bendeco12:
benue people don't be coward.... running for them will not stop them from attacking ... clear them from your territory and be save for once. here in Onitsha they write letter to our neighboring town, atani that they are comming but the community replied them that they should come that they are waiting for them. and if they try it, we will not kill only the herdsmen but also massacre all Hausas in onitsha. they should not forget wetin hppn in 2006.. it will repeat it self again.

If you have ever been to Benue you will know that most of their settlements are VILLAGES and once the fulani come to attack they are left with know choice than to flee to a bigger village. You can't understand what they are going through.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by DaBullIT(m): 11:39am On Jun 18, 2016
Really ?? No pictures of armed men, no pictures of panic ? and at least one of them was the girl posing with a rifle just a few weeks ago

It's not my business , but what happened to the security forces that they raiised ?
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Funjosh(m): 11:40am On Jun 18, 2016
mukhcech:

Verywell, can we safely conclude that, this is a case of cummunal clashes that have caused great loss of life and properties to both the Benue people and Fulani herdsmen? And I believe this conflicts can be resolved if we are sincere and ready for peace.

I won't want to gree that it's a case of communal clash because fulani are not indigenous to Benue just the way they attack Enugu, Ondo etc. They have a mission and they won't succeed.

1 Like

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by BobUg28(m): 11:42am On Jun 18, 2016
God, help our country Nigeria!

When will this end??
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by BobUg28(m): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2016
DaBullIT:
Really ?? No pictures of armed men, no pictures of panic ? and at least one of them was the girl posing with a rifle just a few weeks ago

It's not my business , but what happened to the security forces that they raiised ?

Oh! You were expecting to see pictures of armed men before abi??

Some sense though..smh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Louiscutedude(m): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2016
PMB but why dis?
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by bluaero(m): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2016
If the people of Benue still don't know what to do, they can continue to be slaughtered like pigs undecided
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by ever811(m): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2016
Largas:
If it were NDA militants now that area will be flooded with illiterate human rights abusers called Nigerian soldiers.

If it were IPOB peaceful protesters by now the illiterate human rights abusers called Nigerian military would be spraying life bullets on them.

Now it is Fulani herdsmen harassing villagers and forcing them away from their God given land and community, raping their women, destroying their property and stealing their money, Nigerian soldiers will look left and play BLIND and DEAF.

Omenka, your community is under siege. I expect the Fulani to hoist their flag in that deserted community in the next 24hours, Islamisation of Nigeria is in the second phase.
my brother come to think of it,this are innocent famers who have been contributing there own quoter if not the major tribe that produce food in this country, an animal will leave his cow chasing after them to kill like who cars!! it's very annoying, how things like this are getting worse by day and the useless thing call buhari do not care..

2 Likes

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by gratiaeo(m): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2016
Buhari have succeeded in turning Nigeria to Somalia

1 Like

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by ajebuter(f): 11:56am On Jun 18, 2016
silverman99:
these people should be sent back to north

And who will send them back to the north?

When their northern warlord is on the throne?

I don't think so..

They are here on a mission and non-core northerners must defend themselves however they can..

3 Likes

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Tonydeeb(m): 12:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
This is a typical aftermath of an uprising
!!!... This is very far from being a war!... Yet see its impact on the masses!.
For my brothers clamouring for WAR!!!...hope you won't back out when you see your sibling's skull splattered on the side of the street!.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by mukhcech(m): 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
Funjosh:

I won't want to gree that it's a case of communal clash because fulani are not indigenous to Benue just the way they attack Enugu, Ondo etc. They have a mission and they won't succeed.

As you clearly admitted earliar of reprisal attacks by the people of benue on fulani herdsmen having taken place in the past, It is only factual to admits these attacks are communal clashes and the same can be said of the attacks in Enugu, ondo and other places in Nigeria- These attacks are at the best communal clashes of interest. The interest which we(educated ones) should all be aware of. Believing otherwise like the strikethrough in ur post is where most get it wrong.The logic that the fulani herdsmen have a mission is a statement that can only confuse our personal sentiments.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by predon004(m): 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
my brothers... the old man de bu ha ri us around
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by dikeigbo2(m): 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nigeria, theatre of absurdities......... Imagine people running away from their ancestral homes....to unknown place,...it leaves scares,pains and deaths.
God have mercy on your children.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by dragonking2: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dexema:
This is sad, though I am pro - buhari and believe things will get better, this is one area where this administration has really pissed me off, so gutted right now. How will bubu just fold his arms and watch without any action plan. It may sound shallow but I think the president has a soft spot for this killer cowboys.
Buhari will not do anything as the herdsmen are his brothers...Buhari even went to the extent of lying that the herdsmen are from far away Lybia. ..If you think Buhari will save you from the Fulani herdsmen you are on your own.. .Either you arm yourself or you run and desert your land for them.. .that is how they spread their Islam and snatch people's homes.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by okudili4live: 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
Before PMB became president the story use to be GUN MEN attacked a village. Because we now have a Fulani/Hausa man as Chief Commander is now Fulani Herds men attacked. Anyway, we can only see pictures of women and children; Where are the cowards men who are suppose to protect their families from co-villagers who they claim be to Fulani herns men?

1 Like

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by dragonking2: 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
giles14:
I think it's high time d idomas igbos and igalas com together and protect dem self against dis Fulani insurgents,cos if dis continues in d next 5 years since y will be extinct.

dis is pure ethnic cleansing. and dere patron don't give a Bleep.
Una don start.. .which one is idioma Igbo again?? Seriously you guys lack self esteem. ..chai
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by nkemjacob2(m): 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Is high time benue state assembly starts to pass a vote of no confidence to ortom, i have said it serveral times fayose is a hero. Empower the vigilante to secure their lands with weapons, ever since fayose empower d vigilante have u heard of fulani herdmen disturbance? No be by force to chop cow, time to send those useless fulani herdmen to sambisa. Pmb has cleared those areas from boko haram FOR THEM

1 Like

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by dragonking2: 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Vshock:
The reason is because he is a Fulani supporter

2 Likes

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by dragonking2: 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
ajebuter:

And who will send them back to the north?

When their northern warlord is on the throne?

I don't think so..

They are here on a mission and non-core northerners must defend themselves however they can..
You spoke my mind.. I feel like giving you a kiss.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by tonguengineer(m): 12:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
By now if u re still thinking the dullard will attack any herdsmen that means common sense is an alien to u
Bubu can't bcuz they re not Nigerian they re from LIBYA

1 Like

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by giles14(m): 12:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
dragonking2:
Una don start.. .which one is idioma Igbo again?? Seriously you guys lack self esteem. ..chai
Enugu kogi and Benue share a common border.
d attack on nimbo was planed in kogi and executed thru Benue (idoma land).individually it would be impossible but with intelligence sharing among the tribe were dis killing is rampant.

bros it's not about low self esteem. it's about improving b4 it's too late.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by caracas: 12:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
BUSHHUNTER:
grin

Thank God OPC is now very active in ODUANATION....I see them around moving with buses and all looking energetic and strong....

Peace for the YORUBAS....and some love for the northerners...to the land of rising sun keep struggling.
grin
Funny you ,the richest tribe in Nigeria should keep struggling ? Common even the governors of ur wasted region can't pay salaries.
U ppl of the southwastee are not even struggling ,u are starving most of u are living corpses. grin grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by caracas: 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Vshock:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Chai omenka ,if I be u I go change life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra leading indigenous industrialized state and West Africa’s Trade Centre / Dapo Abiodun of APC heads for victory in Ogun / Ayade Appoints 427 Aides Including ‘Special Assistant On Groundnut Oil Factory'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.