Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue (26946 Views)

"Do Not Revenge Herdsmen Attacks" - Buhari Appeals To Victims Of Attacks / Fayose Releases Phones Numbers To Report Sighting Of Herdsmen In Ekiti / Fake News: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
caracas:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Chai omenka ,if I be u I go change life.
why you com dey tel me. My name Na Omenka
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by ASL33: 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
Orikinla:
[size=20pt]Benue Village Cowards Fleeing Their Homes in Fear of Fulani Herdsmen [/size] grin
That are not fulani pls. Don't bring your hate filled heart to disrupt the peaceful existence of fulani and venue people. You IPOD OR IPOB.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by elisra(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
mesoprogress:
Pathetic. And we call Nigeria a country. The old man sent a legion of airforce, navy and military to catch elusive avengers while hundreds die from marauding herdsmen Absolutely nothing is being done!!! Benue becomes North during elections and irrelevant afterwards?? Benue, borrow a leaf from SE!! Form your own bakkassi and flush the ediots out!
Benue can't speak with one voice as they hate each other.Tiv vs Idoma vs Igede forgetting that the many yams in a large pot are taken out one by one until there is nothing left.
If it is a call against ibos,u will see the unity and valor of Benue.

1 Like

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by elisra(m): 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
kettle84:
chai! I felt like crying seeing that picture. These are defenseless poor people running away from death inside Nigeria in 2016.
so you forgot that karma is wearing skirt and blouse.
Biafran women and children left their homes because of Gowon's zombies who hailed from middlebelt.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by mikolo80: 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
bamirotola:
Are you telling me Buhari and arase does not have enough facility or capacity to contain these herdsmen? I think the best thing is to allow each state police force to operate independently like d NYPD, LAPD and the likes... The bill of providing grazing land for em in each is an agenda to infiltrate terrorise d south.. they should all go back to their homeland, get a grazing land there and these whole poo will be settled.. USA and other European country eats beef and you can't find any farmer moving around.. our house of rep and d assembly have lost their priorities.. they need to goo back to the drawing board, make standard policies in each parastatals, and enforce it...that's definitely after cleaning,flushing and strenghting d judiciary system... only God can save our country.. My kids cannot grow up in dis country where lamentation is d song on people everyday... God Bless Nigeria
where will their salary come from.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by mikolo80: 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
rifasenate11:
Honestly, the era of peace is gradually fading in this country. People needs to be armed with sophisticated weapons. That's what circumstances brought. Why would they sit idle and waste thier lives in the hands of these fulani herdsmen. Every year its the same story. The security that cannot be given by the government. Its mandatory for each of these communities to buy thier own weapons too and challenge these herdsmen in a befitting fight. Whoever wins. Rather than become a coward and die for nothing. Let them go to sambisa and fight boko haram or to the niger delta region and fight the militants. This is just becoming more unbearable.
shAkabula has always been available and maiduguri residents used it successfully against Boko. Stop making excuses,get strapped and treat herdsmen fuckup.
Also I heard dry pepper works wonders as well
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by bamirotola: 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
mikolo80:
where will their salary come from.

Whose salary?
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by dragonking2: 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
giles14:
Enugu kogi and Benue share a common border.
d attack on nimbo was planed in kogi and executed thru Benue (idoma land).individually it would be impossible but with intelligence sharing among the tribe were dis killing is rampant.

bros it's not about low self esteem. it's about improving b4 it's too late.
Forget wether they share border.. .there is nothing like idoma igbo. Focus on your people in the SE and stop looking for how to snatch other people's identity...
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by dragonking2: 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
ASL33:
That are not fulani pls. Don't bring your hate filled heart to disrupt the peaceful existence of fulani and venue people. You IPOD OR IPOB.
Who are they then if they are not fulanis ?
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by dragonking2: 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
elisra:
so you forgot that karma is wearing skirt and blouse.
Biafran women and children left their homes because of Gowon's zombies who hailed from middlebelt.
You guys have been crying over this issue since 1960...When will igbos stop crying.. .it is really getting annoying.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by mikolo80: 1:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
bamirotola:

Whose salary?
lapd dem
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by dragonking2: 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
elisra:
Benue can't speak with one voice as they hate each other.Tiv vs Idoma vs Igede forgetting that the many yams in a large pot are taken out one by one until there is nothing left.
If it is a call against ibos,u will see the unity and valor of Benue.
Has the igbos spoken with one voice despite speaking the same language? The answer is NO.. Instead of you to either show your remorse towards the affected villagers you prefer to make mockery.. .Tomorrow when ur own region gets affected and others laugh you will complain
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Arijude(m): 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
sLentlover7778:
PMB self don run Comot 4 naija, Naija is not safe anymore..
It has never been safe before.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Ken4Christ: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
I think the people of Benue are not united. Again, none of their prominent men and women are interested in helping. Their kids are probably schooling abroad and they have well secured homes in Abuja. It is also a display of selfishness on the part of the rich amongst them.

All they need is to call for a security meeting in all the LGA. Determine how much it will take to procure arms and raise the monies. Recruit vigilantes and train them on how to use the arm.

The police or the military will not come to their aid as they are federal government properties. The body language of the President shows he is unwilling to stop the herdsmen. It is probably part of his agenda to gradually Islamize Nigeria. But it will not work. We southerners should however take practical steps to resist their onslaught.

Most of our governors are cowards. The communities must find ways to defend themselves. You too should start training your kids how to fight and handle weapons. It is a very critical time in the history of Nigeria. Above all, we need to constantly pray that God will judge and uproot every evil leaders behind this. They should fall sick, go deaf and even get paralyzed. Let the power of the Almighty take them away from their office so they too will know that God rules and reigns in the affairs of men.

1 Like

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Arijude(m): 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nigeria is a jungle, a zoo that no animal could imagine coming from it.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by fireforfire: 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
freshness2020:
Where is buhari.
People are really suffering..
Just see how that poor woman wrapped that little child inside her wheelbarrow.
It's really Pathetic. undecided undecided sad

Do u really think buhari is bothered?
Dat beast is on a revenge mission. To see naija suffer in penury.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Abutraco: 1:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
Largas:
If it were NDA militants now that area will be flooded with illiterate human rights abusers called Nigerian soldiers.

If it were IPOB peaceful protesters by now the illiterate human rights abusers called Nigerian military would be spraying life bullets on them.

Now it is Fulani herdsmen harassing villagers and forcing them away from their God given land and community, raping their women, destroying their property and stealing their money, Nigerian soldiers will look left and play BLIND and DEAF.

Omenka, your community is under siege. I expect the Fulani to hoist their flag in that deserted community in the next 24hours, Islamisation of Nigeria is in the second phase.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by cutekhalifa(m): 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
the enemy of all nigerians and African black tribes has to be the FULANIS. WHO WE CAN RIGHTLY ATTRIBUTE AS THE CONCEALED BLACK ARAB. These folks haven't prospered since the Arabian tyrannical rule of Africa....

The fear of bull-hari fulani libyan mercenaries is the beginning of wisdom

1 Like

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by Abutraco: 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nigeria will never have peace until d released our leader Nnamdi KANU

1 Like

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by bikefab(m): 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Chai...and Mr President Buhari is switched to a globethroting mode.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by BenueBlog(f): 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
Update: Five confirmed killed, one missing in fresh herdsmen attacks in Benue

No less than five persons have been confirmed killed and one missing as suspected Fulani herdsmen attacked Dusa community of Logo Local Government, Benue State.

The incident which occur in the early hours of Saturday was confirmed by the Benue Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), ASP Moses Yamu.

He said, " five people were confirmed killed and their corpses deposited at General Hospital, Ugba (Logo Local Government headquarters) while one person is missing".

Prior to this attack, pictures of fleeing residents of Dusa and Jun in Turan ward,  and other communities in Nengev ward of the local government flooded the social media to alert security agencies.

However, eye witnesses say the herdsmen stormed the community in the early hours of today, shooting sporadically and chanting songs of war.

Herdsmen had earlier, yesterday, killed a farmer who was working on his farm in Tse Ikyadenyo, near Jun community.

Consequently, over 1000 villagers have fled their homes to take shelter at Ugba, the local government headquarters due to fear of further attacks.

Source: http://benue.info/five-confirmed-killed-one-missing-in-fresh-herdsmen-attacks-in-benue/
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by mistersle3m(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
Buhari kal your boys to order biko
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by vislabraye(m): 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
bamirotola:
Are you telling me Buhari and arase does not have enough facility or capacity to contain these herdsmen? I think the best thing is to allow each state police force to operate independently like d NYPD, LAPD and the likes... The bill of providing grazing land for em in each is an agenda to infiltrate terrorise d south.. they should all go back to their homeland, get a grazing land there and these whole poo will be settled.. USA and other European country eats beef and you can't find any farmer moving around.. our house of rep and d assembly have lost their priorities.. they need to goo back to the drawing board, make standard policies in each parastatals, and enforce it...that's definitely after cleaning,flushing and strenghting d judiciary system... only God can save our country.. My kids cannot grow up in dis country where lamentation is d song on people everyday... God Bless Nigeria

My brother, propaganda is the order of the day. They say they've defeated bh, but the herdsmen have killed more people of recent. Zombies arw part of the problem too.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by bamirotola: 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
mikolo80:
lapd dem

The state of course... or they device means of paying the... it's something that is possible
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by elisra(m): 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
dragonking2:
Has the igbos spoken with one voice despite speaking the same language? The answer is NO.. Instead of you to either show your remorse towards the affected villagers you prefer to make mockery.. .Tomorrow when ur own region gets affected and others laugh you will complain
enjoy ur illusion of ONE NORTH
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by bamirotola: 3:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
vislabraye:

My brother, propaganda is the order of the day. They say they've defeated bh, but the herdsmen have killed more people of recent. Zombies arw part of the problem too.

Seriously... I wish their immediate family members are aFfected for them to feel d pain these animals called fulanis nd Boko are inflicting on ppl...maybe then they will gear up

3 Likes

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by elisra(m): 3:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
dragonking2:
You guys have been crying over this issue since 1960...When will igbos stop crying.. .it is really getting annoying.
its now the turn of the middlebelt to cry and run as they are now doing.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by elisra(m): 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
dragonking2:
as if you spoke out when it was against us.let them continue so that there will be less zombies to recruit when it comes to North and East confrontation.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by elisra(m): 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
bamirotola:

Seriously... I wish their immediate family members are aFfected for them to feel d pain these animals called fulanis nd Boko are inflicting on ppl...maybe then they will gear up
pain in nijeriya is turn by turn,at a time middlebelt were among the givers of pain and today they are the receivers of pain.
Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by nellyelitz(m): 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
sLentlover7778:
PMB self don run Comot 4 naija, Naija is not safe anymore..
I wasn't sure I'll laugh today until u cracked me up with this

1 Like

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by stefan388: 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Largas:
If it were NDA militants now that area will be flooded with illiterate human rights abusers called Nigerian soldiers.

If it were IPOB peaceful protesters by now the illiterate human rights abusers called Nigerian military would be spraying life bullets on them.

Now it is Fulani herdsmen harassing villagers and forcing them away from their God given land and community, raping their women, destroying their property and stealing their money, Nigerian soldiers will look left and play BLIND and DEAF.

Omenka, your community is under siege. I expect the Fulani to hoist their flag in that deserted community in the next 24hours, Islamisation of Nigeria is in the second phase.
I have opened a hardcover note book for the atrocities of Buhari's apc. Where ever I found myself by God special grace during campagne in 2019, I will work very hard to ensure that apc is voted out. Am just praying that pdp should settle down even during the govership election in Edo state. I am prepared to finish up myself to vote out apc. How on earth can a government value crude oil than human being abi live? Am so fed up with this government. The government does not know that it is incompetent but will want to do all sort of things to remain instead of looking outside apc members to change for better. Look at those innocent people running, no apc members will suggest how they will deploy the lazy military to that zone. But if it were any thing that has to do with oil, they will deploy as many soldiers as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Villagers Fleeing Their Homes For Fear Of Herdsmen Attacks In Benue by naijaking1: 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Heart breaking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Government's Wrong Policy Choices Caused This Recession - Pat Utomi / Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner / Buhari Declares For 2015 Presidential Race, Live On AIT.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.