Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency (21012 Views)

US Senators Block Sale Of Fighter Jets To Nigeria Over Human Rights Concern / NAF Deploys Additional Aircrafts To South-South To Help Flush Out Militants(Pics / FG Deploys 5 Warships, 100 Gunboats, Fighter Jets To Delta Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Zane2point4(m): 8:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
tdayof:
f-18 is a naval spec aircraft.

Of cos yes, still used in reconnaissance, air to air, ground support, infact its a multi role fighter jet.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Zane2point4(m): 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
tdayof:
F-16 was used against sadam issh. And the Growler is doper.

Actually f18 was used in d battle of fallujah I think, and the pics u posted is stil an f18, f16 is a single engine jet fighter.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Zane2point4(m): 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
tdayof:
F-16 was used against sadam issh. And the Growler is doper.

Actually f18 was used in d battle of fallujah I think, and the pics u posted is stil an f18, f16 is a single engine jet fighter.
Correct me if am wrong.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by tdayof(m): 9:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
Zane2point4:

The pics I posted is an EA-18 growler electronic warfare aircraft. It's used by the United States Navy and its based on f-18 hornet airframe. Yes the f-16 is a single engine aircraft.

Thanks for the correction. Thought you were referring to operation desert storm.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Zane2point4(m): 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
tdayof:

The pics I posted is an EA-18 growler electronic warfare aircraft. It's used by the United States Navy and its based on f-18 hornet airframe. Yes the f-16 is a single engine aircraft.

Thanks for the correction. Thought you were referring to operation desert storm.

Ok ur correct;, it was the Growler was mainly used in destroying enemy radar of antiaircraft system.(Radar jamming)
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Horus(m): 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jf8VQoQmr0

[size=14pt]Nigerian Airforce Begins 2nd Major Operation In N/East[/size]
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Horus(m): 10:10pm On Jun 21, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IGYmhPXpK8

[size=14pt]Nigerian Air Force Redeploy Troops[/size]
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Sixfootah(m): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
tdayof:
you should be wise man. A bomb can be dropped at 10000 feet. That's why something is called precision guided bomb. So much movies in your skull. Mr man when posting shiit again don't use the word dumb at me again when you are totally clueless about what you have got to say.
Even at around 3000ft the F-7 may probably be moving at mach 1.3
so F7 moving at Mach 1.3 can hit a moving target with free fall bombs which is only available on your F7... For the records,F7 is an interceptor hence not good for ground targets.. So get your facts right before commenting
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by tdayof(m): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
Sixfootah:
so F7 moving at Mach 1.3 can hit a moving target with free fall bombs which is only available on your F7... For the records,F7 is an interceptor hence not good for ground targets.. So get your facts right before commenting
Good it took you hours to research on my post and you still came out typing rubbish.
An aircraft has a top speed of mach 3 doesn't mean it needs to go on its full-speed during missions.
I don't deal with things you do online . You should know with all hardpoints loaded an aircraft won't attain it's top speed again.
F-7 is an interceptor yeah. F/A-18 , su-33 are interceptors and will drop bombs accurately.. Including the F-16.

.. And the F-7 can be loaded with bombs and effectively upgraded to be armed with guided bombs.. You don't tell me about an aircraft I finished some engineering training on....
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Sixfootah(m): 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
tdayof:

Good it took you hours to research on my post and you still came out typing rubbish.
An aircraft has a top speed of mach 3 doesn't mean it needs to go on its full-speed during missions.
I don't deal with things you do online . You should know with all hardpoints loaded an aircraft won't attain it's top speed again.
F-7 is an interceptor yeah. F/A-18 , su-33 are interceptors and will drop bombs accurately.. Including the F-16.,

.. And the F-7 can be loaded with bombs and effectively upgraded to be armed with guided bombs.. You don't tell me about an aircraft I finished some engineering training on....
firstly, I have a job hence don't spend my productive/ money-making time on cyberspace arguing inconsequential/ meaningless stuff.. Having said that, I honest think you don't live in today's NIGERIA giving your line of argument which seem to suggest the world you live in ...utopia... You flying coffin of today has no guided bomb nor targeting pod.. It only uses free fall bombs .. Aka dumb not smart bombs.. So it's very hard/ impossible for an interceptor to hit a moving target with free fall bombs..
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by tdayof(m): 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
Sixfootah:
firstly, I have a job hence don't spend my productive/ money-making time on cyberspace arguing inconsequential/ meaningless stuff.. Having said that, I honest think you don't live in today's NIGERIA giving your line of argument which seem to suggest the world you live in ...utopia... You flying coffin of today has no guided bomb nor targeting pod.. It only uses free fall bombs .. Aka dumb not smart bombs.. So it's very hard/ impossible for an interceptor to hit a moving target with free fall bombs..
Good to know however I agree but I can't consider the f-7 a flying coffin. It may be a flying coffin to you but as an aeronautical engineering student, I don't consider it to be that. And I still insist a F-7 interceptor can be upgraded to effectively carry a guided bomb.
... I don't know how upgraded the Nigerian Airforce f-7Ni is but the Chengdu f-7 can be modified to carry a guided bomb.

Bangladeshi f-7 are equipped with laser guided bombs.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Sixfootah(m): 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
tdayof:

Good to know however I agree but I can't consider the f-7 a flying coffin. It may be a flying coffin to you but as an aeronautical engineering student, I don't consider it to be that. And I still insist a F-7 interceptor can be upgraded to effectively carry a guided bomb.
... I don't know how upgraded the Nigerian Airforce f-7Ni is but the Chengdu f-7 can be modified to carry a guided bomb.

Bangladeshi f-7 are equipped with laser guided bombs.
I sincerely don't see why we're having this conversation in the first instance cos my first comment is entirely centered around NIGERIA and its air force which I know uses free fall bombs and my disappointment with that owing to smaller countries having better platforms that we don't.. So, your quest to show off is entirely your problem..
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by SleekMallam: 6:02am On Jun 25, 2016
DonBobes:
Sleekmallam will not like this o! Where him de self *searches for sleekmallam *
Gallant solider of the republic.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 25, 2016
ichidodo:
These stupid f**king Alpha jets and dumb ass Nigerian Airforce......And WHAT THE HELL IS AN MIF7?.....Looks to us like something made in obsolence from China, Pakistan or something a black arm dealer just coupled together. F**k that sh**t,including Illierate Buhari.

The Alpha jets would soon be replaced, however they have served us well in the light attack role.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 25, 2016
ZUBY77:

Six fighters for an area bigger than Belgium, Portugal, Luxembourg and Holland combined together.
And these four countries combined have 1000 jet fighters.
Can you see why Nigeria is not going anywhere soon?

How much is our defence budget when compared the theirs?

1 Like

Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 25, 2016
Sixfootah:
When I heard air force, what comes to mind was SU 27/34 or mig 29.. or tonado.. or F16 .. not alpha jet and F7 ordinary Browning m2 can shoot down...

How many browning machine guns have shoot down NAF F-7s or Alpha jets, quit displaying your gross ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 25, 2016
tdayof:

It's F7 and its really am obsolete aircraft. It's the upgraded version of Mig 21. However that's what we have for now before the arrival of our JF-17 . So chill man.

Obsolete is a relative term. What can be described as obsolete for Mr A, probably is still relevant for Mr B.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by DonBobes(m): 6:50am On Jun 25, 2016
SleekMallam:

Gallant solider of the republic.

U ehen, hw many monickers do u hv: sleekmallam & sleekaboki?
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 25, 2016
989900:

Are we actually getting the JF-17?
Why not the F-16, or the yanks won't sell? I mean considering speed, track record, range, and e.t.c.

The F-16 Block 52/60 and Viper are all better planes than the JF-17. However the JF-17 is also a better fighter than older model F-16s, Block 40 and below.

With the Americans, you don't get the full capabilities of a fighter aircraft, what most non-NATO members get are monkey models. With the JF-17 we are getting full spectrum capabilities and an aircraft that's still going to evolve.

In all, the Americans wont sell the F-16 to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 25, 2016
989900:

Thanx, looks good deal @$25m . . . Dasuki's $2.1b could have been able to purchase 70-80 units of those.

It's a damn good deal!! We are getting a "Gripen C/D" aircraft for 1/3 the price. The Gripen cost 60 million a pop.

1 Like

Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 25, 2016
Zane2point4:
This is a pictorial view of an f18 targeting pod from almost 50 000ft using JDAM or gps munition to bomb out a hostile airport, the bright orange square is its locked target about to be demolished,
So tell me fellas isnt thia the kind of tech we need?

Our JF-17s would come with a WMD-7 pod or an Aselsan Pod. So we're getting close.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 25, 2016
stan4guy6:
guys like me are capable of bringing down this 1915 technology called alpha jet without any fire arm self. even the jf17 no make sense.

Why is the JF-17 not a sensible purchase, have you read on the aircraft's capabilities?
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 25, 2016
Sixfootah:
developing country??! And Chad is flying mig 29.. Uganda is flying SU 30
.... another name for Nigeria should be mediocrity

....Another poorly informed individual.

At $12,000 per flight hour, how many times do you see Ugandan SU-30 in the air. The Ugandans are engaging terrorists in Somalia, Uganda and South-Sudan, how many times have you heard of a deployment of SU-30?

Chad flying 3 obsolete MIG-29s isn't an achievement.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 25, 2016
tdayof:
f-18 is a naval spec aircraft.
Not true. Both Australia, Canada and Switzerland fly them.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 25, 2016
tdayof:

lol did you actually compare the F-16 to the JF 17?? really?? The F-16 is alot better than the JF-17.

Not entirely true. F-16 Block 52, Block 60 and Viper are a lot better than the JF-17, but the JF-17 is better than F-16 block 40 and below.

1 Like

Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by hesiod: 7:14am On Jun 25, 2016
DonBobes:

U ehen, hw many monickers do u hv: sleekmallam & sleekaboki?
Blame the game not the player. Gallant soldier of the republic.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by stan4guy6(m): 7:28am On Jun 25, 2016
Henry240:

Why is the JF-17 not a sensible purchase, have you read on the aircraft's capabilities?
those written capability are nothing but ad to improve sales of the machine
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 25, 2016
stan4guy6:
those written capability are nothing but ad to improve sales of the machine

Weak argument. Same can be said for the F-35.
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by stan4guy6(m): 7:39am On Jun 25, 2016
tdayof:

F-7 is an interceptor yeah. F/A-18 , su-33 are interceptors and will drop bombs accurately.. Including the F-16.

guy don't let f7 ruin your career though electronics not aeronautics what I have observed from the f7 when I was living close to airforce base yola is that the jet is that the jet worth nothing. I mean it doesn't have any advanced technology
Re: NAF Deploys Six Fighter Jets To End Boko Haram Insurgency by stan4guy6(m): 7:46am On Jun 25, 2016
Henry240:

Weak argument. Same can be said for the F-35.
without seeing f35 operational you don't need people to tell you it worth something looking at the previous design f22.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking: Benue Assembly Suspends 7 Members For 6 Months / Sanwo-olu Receives Ugwuanyi For Southern Nigerian Governors' Meeting / Nigeria Air Strike Kills 20 Fishermen In Lake Chad - AFP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.