Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Second Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Second Wife (1388 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Wife by ruescho(m): 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2006
Met a friend today who introduced his new wife to me.
Wondered how he got his divorce so quickly, but he just grined and told me:
"This is my second wife!"

We had a discussion and he said "I can have as many wives as I like as long as I can satisfy them" (financially and sexually).
He says it´s better than cheating and anyway Moslems are allowed to have up to for wives.

Hey this is Europe and he is Christian, how can that be??

What do you think?
I am so confused
Re: Second Wife by queen2(f): 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2006
Why are you confused?
and wat does being in europe ahve o do with second wifey?
so ur telling me christians dont have second wife, moreso he divorced the first one and do u have any idea of why he did?
Re: Second Wife by ruescho(m): 11:18pm On Nov 27, 2006
No that´s the prob: [b]he did not divorce [/b]the first one but went to Nigeria and made traditional marriage to second one.
Now he has two wives shocked
Might be OK there, but here it´s unusual, aint it?
Re: Second Wife by naijacutee(f): 12:39am On Nov 28, 2006
It's a free world o. Because I'm about to start introductions between my fiancee and my already-existing husband, hopefully they'll get along just fine, as I can please them both! grin
Re: Second Wife by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:09am On Nov 28, 2006
I don't get it. So he's Christian and he has taken another wife, how exactly does he intend to have this second wife recognized by the Christian martial law?

Unless of course the slowpoke of a second wife doesnt mind that her "marriage" will not be recognized.
Re: Second Wife by feelgood(m): 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2006
If we must go by Bible standards, your friend is no christian but an adulterer.
However, what he has done is not strange in our world; using muslims as an example to
justify his action is wrong. He did what was in his mind all along.

DId I detect a question in your post about what you should do? If you are a christian, pray for him but
don't partake of his wickedness. He should be pitied as do all men who indulge in such acts.

Be cool
Re: Second Wife by English1(f): 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2006
As far as Europe is concerned, his 'traditional' marriage is not a legal marriage, that's how he can do it.

Bigamy is illegal in Europe.
Re: Second Wife by Bolarge(m): 11:06am On Nov 29, 2006
naijacutee:

It's a free world o. Because I'm about to start introductions between my fiancee and my already-existing husband, hopefully they'll get along just fine, as I can please them both! grin
LOL!
Really funny girl. .
  Only that I see at least one cold-blooded murder in the not-too-distant future.grin
Re: Second Wife by tEsLim(m): 9:42am On Jan 01, 2007
Its even better when you have the wifes in different continents. Its LEGAL!!! Marry legally in naija and marry legally in europe!
Re: Second Wife by ruescho(m): 10:52am On Jan 01, 2007
tEsLim:

Its even better when you have the wifes in different continents. Its LEGAL!!! Marry legally in naija and marry legally in europe!

Don´t know if it´s legal it´s just: wherever u go u have a wifey waiting for u! lol
Re: Second Wife by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2007
he is no christian at all cause God stated it clearly in the Bible that a man should have only one wife,so he has comitted adultery angry.and i don't know why men are so foolish and stupid at times,you never finish with wahala of one woman you dey go add double portion on top.let me give you a candid advice wen the first wife finds out hehehe,you go see wetin i dey talk about. grin
Re: Second Wife by Bolarge(m): 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2007
ThoniaSlim:

(.and i don't know why men are so foolish and stupid at times,you never finish with wahala of one woman you dey go add double portion on top

Hehehehe,So u sef agree say woman=wahala. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Emerges As Top Graduating Student In North Cyprus / Is Love A Decreasing Process In A Marriage / I Caught My Mom Giving Her Pastor A Mouth Gig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.