Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence (5959 Views)

Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
I want Atheists to ponder on what this physicists have to say about God's existence. I will also post a report from researchers in the field of Medicine and physcology probing the accounts of patients that have had near death experiences (NDE) i want Atheists to ponder on this issues.

I will start with Physicist George Stanciu and philosopher Robert Augros

1 Like

Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by cloudgoddess(f): 1:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
You already made a huge blunder by misrepresenting the atheist position. Atheists don't say there is no possibility of a god. We say that the evidence that's been provided (for thousands of different gods) is not convincing, so we reject the claim of their existence.

The goal of a theist, therefore, should be to provide the proof that THEIR, SPECIFIC God exists (in your case, Yahweh & the divine Jesus). Not to remind everyone of the "potential possibility of a god or creator of some kind maybe existing". Because atheists already accept that, albeit we find it highly doubtful given the evidence.

The claim you guys are making as that you KNOW that one exists and you KNOW it's nature, it's qualities, what it says and wants. THAT is what you need to prove.

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
Physicist George Stanciu and
philosopher Robert Augros
provide an explanation of why the naturalist/materialist worldview is no longer scientifically or philosophically supportable in their book "The New Story of Science"

“In the New Story of science the whole
universe–including matter, energy,
space, and time–is a one-time event
and had a definite beginning. But
something must have always existed;
for if ever absolutely nothing existed,
then nothing would exist now, since
nothing comes from nothing. The
material universe cannot be the thing
that always existed because matter
had a beginning.

It is 12 to 20 billion years old. This means that whatever has always existed is non-material. The only non-material reality seems to be mind. If mind is what has always existed, then matter must have been brought into existence by a mind that always was. This points to an intelligent, eternal being who created all things. Such a being is what we mean by the term God.”

and Albert Einstein says…
“Everyone who is seriously involved in
the pursuit of science becomes
convinced that a spirit is manifest in
the laws of the Universe–a spirit vastly
superior to that of man, and one in the
face of which we with our modest
powers must feel humble.”

1 Like

Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by ettaetta(m): 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:
Atheists don't say there is no possibility of a god. We say that the evidence that's been provided (for thousands of different gods) is not convincing,
you are just confused let me ask you this,

why do you believe in the possibility of the existence of a God?
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Physicist Richard Conn Henry explains
why people (such as atheist biologists)
cling to materialism/naturalism despite the fact that it has been completely discredited by modern physics:

“Why do people cling with such ferocity
to belief in a mind-independent reality?
It is surely because if there is no such
reality, then ultimately (as far as we
can know) mind alone exists. And if
mind is not a product of real matter,
but rather is the creator of the illusion
of material reality (which has, in fact,
despite the materialists, been known to
be the case since the discovery of
quantum mechanics in 1925),

then a theistic view of our existence becomes the only rational alternative to solipsism.” (“Solipsism” is defined as “the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist".)

Naturalism/materialism, simply put, is
critical for maintaining an atheist
worldview. Mind must be the eventual
product of mindless matter for atheism to stand.

An atheist must therefore ignore, remain ignorant of, or rationalize away the insights of modern physics in order to prevent his/her belief system from collapsing.

because materialism/naturalism is the
predominant cultural context within the insular world of atheist biologists (as well as other branches of academia), this is done collectively.
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
Werner Heisenberg, who won
the Nobel Prize in Physics for creating
quantum mechanics,
explained the
divergence between biology and
physics (with regard to God) best when he wrote:

“The first gulp from the glass of natural
sciences will turn you into an atheist,
but at the bottom of the glass God is
waiting for you.”
With the phrase “the bottom of the
glass,” Heisenberg is referring to the
study of the most fundamental aspects
of reality…which are investigated by
physics.

Abdus Salam , winner of the 1979
Nobel Prize in Physics for his work in
electroweak theory
He is here quoted in his article entitled Science and Religion .
“I have looked into most philosophical
systems and I have seen that none will
work without God.”

“Science is incompetent to reason
upon the creation of matter itself out
of nothing. We have reached the
utmost limit of our thinking faculties
when we have admitted that because
matter cannot be eternal and self-
existent it must have been created.”
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
Max Planck (the Nobel
Prize winning physicist who founded
quantum theory)
says…

“As a man who has devoted his whole
life to the most clear headed science,
to the study of matter, I can tell you as
a result of my research about atoms
this much: There is no matter as such.

All matter originates and exists only by
virtue of a force which brings the
particle of an atom to vibration and
holds this most minute solar system
of the atom together. We must
assume behind this force the existence
of a conscious and intelligent mind.
This mind is the matrix of all matter.”

Physicist and mathematician James Clerk Maxwell , who is credited with formulating classical electromagnetic theory and whose contributions to science are considered to be of the same magnitude as those of Einstein and Newton.
“For myself, faith begins with a
realization that a supreme intelligence
brought the universe into being and
created man. It is not difficult for me
to have this faith, for it is
incontrovertible that where there is a
plan there is intelligence—an orderly,
unfolding universe testifies to the truth
of the most majestic statement ever
uttered—-’In the beginning God.’”
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
the Nobel Prize winning physicist
Eugene Wigner says…

“When the province of physical theory
was extended to encompass
microscopic phenomena, through the
creation of quantum mechanics, the
concept of consciousness came to the
fore again; it was not possible to
formulate the laws of quantum
mechanics in a fully consistent way
without reference to the
consciousness,”
and…
“The content of consciousness is an
ultimate reality.”
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
Brilliant quotes from the scientists. Just brilliant.
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
Don't you guys get tired of quoting "Famous Scientists" and all that nonsense...

Don't you tire of saying the same misconceptions despite many atheists attempt to educate you...

And finally, Don't you get tired of saying "God cannot be proven by science"??

I mean, for a deity who decided to create a new species of fish that swallow men whole and put them back alive, hale and hearty after three days and a deity that got Penguins to come to the Middle East;

why on earth can't he be confirmed by science

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by felixomor: 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
SirWere:
Don't you guys get tired of quoting "Famous Scientists" and all that nonsense...

Don't you tire of saying the same misconceptions despite many atheists attempt to educate you...

And finally, Don't you get tired of saying "God cannot be proven by science"??

I mean, for a deity who decided to create a new species of fish that swallow men whole and put them back alive, hale and hearty after three days and a deity that got Penguins to come to the Middle East;

why on earth can't he be confirmed by science

Stop sounding stupid.
If quoting famous scientists dont satisfy you, then what will while u r being hypocrite.
You claim quoting these scientists is rubbish, yet you are busy using all the devices, electricity and other discoveries made by them?
Tell me who is worse.

1 Like

Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
felixomor:

Stop sounding stupid.
If quoting famous scientists dont satisfy you, then what will while u r being hypocrite.
You claim quoting these scientists is rubbish, yet you are busy using all the devices, electricity and other discoveries made by them?
Tell me who is worse.
You completely lost me.

Next time you want to display your very high intelligence, make it comprehensible.

2 Likes

Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by frank317: 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
You speak for a supposed almighty creator of the world... and you want me to take you both seriously?

Simply call yourself God and lets get this over with already.

4 Likes

Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by urahara(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dejideji1 , what are u doing sad shocked shocked
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Scholar8200(m): 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
Arrogance, manic conceitedness, pride and rebellion exudes the theophobes;
and just these qualities pleases mephistopheles!

Op, you need to realise that the smallest of your target audience thinks himself better than all these men put together! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by donnffd(m): 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
Is this the so called research that would trigger our reasoning?...disappointed

3 Likes

Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
donnffd:
Is this the so called research that would trigger our reasoning?...disappointed

Oga read the second report and merge the two. (also ensure you watch the video @the end)
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
This Might Suffice

1 Like

Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 8:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:
You already made a huge blunder by misrepresenting the atheist position. Atheists don't say there is no possibility of a god.

You are really confused.
What is the definition of Atheism? And are you no longer an Atheist again?
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by urahara(m): 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dejideji1:

You are really confused.
What is the definition of Atheism? And are you no longer an Atheist again?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 8:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 8:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
ettaetta:
you are just confused let me ask you this,

why do you believe in the possibility of the existence of a God?

Don't mind her, she is confused. It seems she doesn't know the definition of an Atheist again
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
UyiIredia:
Brilliant quotes from the scientists. Just brilliant.
Long time.
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
urahara:

Bro what is all this definition for? She clearly stated "Atheists"
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by urahara(m): 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dejideji1:

Bro what is all this definition for? She clearly stated "Atheists"

Guy study the picture again smiley
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Long time.
Yeah. I hope you're fine.
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
urahara:

Guy study the picture again smiley

Oga she is still wrong. As she didn't specify, stop trying to cover up for her.
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by Dejideji1(m): 9:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
urahara:
So which one are you, Gnostic or Agnostic?
Re: What Renowned Physicists Say About God's Existence by urahara(m): 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dejideji1:

So which one are you, Gnostic or Agnostic?

Agnostic. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thanksgiving.....what Are You Thankful For.... / The Best Argument For The Existence Of GOD / Occult Powers Of KASAKIKA Of Island Of Mozambique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.