Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

How Do I Treat A Persistent Boils Condition - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Treat A Persistent Boils Condition (1510 Views)

Bad Mouth Odour And Persistent Headache. Help! / My Uncle Has Large Boils On His Head, Please Save His Health Condition (pics) / Pls Help!!! My Recurrent Boils Ailment Doctors In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Treat A Persistent Boils Condition by GJames(m): 4:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, I need your help on a condition that really bothers me.
There is a kid that I tutor at home and whenever I tutor this girl, her neighbour joins us and studies with us. Now this neighbour has consistently being attending the lesson with us for about 2 months and there was never a time when her face has being free from boils.
Well I know it is really not my business, but wether it is or not, I just can't seem to take my mind off it. I have tried google but I don't know the name of the condition and when i search using the words "persistent boils", the results I get comes with different description that don't match hers 90%.
Please doctors in the house I need your prognosis of this condition and your advice on how it can be treated. Thank you
Re: How Do I Treat A Persistent Boils Condition by Tylive(m): 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
Firstly, there are different types of boil, we have the

- Furuncles, which occur in hair follicles. They are associated with a fever and chills and can become chronic.

-Carbuncles, which are generally larger than furuncles and can also become chronic. They can also form hardened lumps under the skin.

- Cystic acne, which is both a type of acne and a type of boil associated with more severe forms of acne.
Acne is a common skin condition that happens when oil and dead skin cells clog the skin’s pores.

All these can be treated both medically and at home
Re: How Do I Treat A Persistent Boils Condition by GJames(m): 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tylive:
Firstly, there are different types of boil, we have the

- Furuncles, which occur in hair follicles. They are associated with a fever and chills and can become chronic.

-Carbuncles, which are generally larger than furuncles and can also become chronic. They can also form hardened lumps under the skin.

- Cystic acne, which is both a type of acne and a type of boil associated with more severe forms of acne.
Acne is a common skin condition that happens when oil and dead skin cells clog the skin’s pores.

All these can be treated both medically and at home
Thank you very much, I think Furuncles describes it. Please how can it be treated?
Re: How Do I Treat A Persistent Boils Condition by Tylive(m): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Sorry for the delay
Re: How Do I Treat A Persistent Boils Condition by Tylive(m): 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Medically; You need to visit your Doctor.
Once they are diagnosed by your doctor, you can have them lanced, where the doctor pokes a hole in the head, or pus filled head, of the boil and drains the pus.
In some cases, your doctor may also prescribe antibiotics. which can be topical or oral. This is usually reserved for large boils or those that last longer than two or three weeks.
If the boils are on your face or spine, are particularly painful, are associated with a fever, more treatment may be necessary.
Re: How Do I Treat A Persistent Boils Condition by GJames(m): 11:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tylive:
Medically; You need to visit your Doctor.
Once they are diagnosed by your doctor, you can have them lanced, where the doctor pokes a hole in the head, or pus filled head, of the boil and drains the pus.
In some cases, your doctor may also prescribe antibiotics. which can be topical or oral. This is usually reserved for large boils or those that last longer than two or three weeks.
If the boils are on your face or spine, are particularly painful, are associated with a fever, more treatment may be necessary.
Thank you very much sir
Re: How Do I Treat A Persistent Boils Condition by Tylive(m): 11:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
GJames:

Thank you very much sir
I

Sorry, I will outline the home remedy letar, I've been busy

(1) (Reply)

Pretty Tall Lady Slumped In The Two Storey Building Due To Asthma Attack / Fanta Or Sprite Can Be Taken With "Vitamins C", It's Not Poisonous - NBC / Pregnancy Supplement For Breastfeeding Mother: PREGNACARE BREASTFEEDING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.