Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities (25785 Views)

Study Abroad: Apply For Latest International Scholarships Here / Schools Shun Expatriate Teachers’ Contract Over Forex Crisis / Nigerian Students Abroad Are On Their Own - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by dayoungmoney1: 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
That's 'change' for you
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by lionshare: 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
nextstep:

I imagine it would be easier if gov't improved the quality of schools: e.g. paid lecturers, provided up-to-date learning facilities and labs, provided electricity and water. Who wants to waste money on all the expenses of a foreign education? But with the crappy quality of what is available at home (and the guarantee that you WON'T get a job with a Naija degree), even Ghana is a better alternative.

This is another case of the cart leading the horse: we won't improve our educational system, but we just make it very hard to study abroad… sigh

This is not cart before horse. This will create the need to for a cart ...
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by berrystunn(m): 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Buhari please step down

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by Firefire(m): 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:
why??

if u are in any UK University, i can sort that out.

just pay me the naira and i will give u pounds.

best exchange rate quaranteed.

Are you sure?

Please what is your exchange rate for 1 GBP ?

Thank you in advance.
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by Oblitz(m): 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by lionshare: 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
nagodoluwa:
I will find all possible means to let all my children have their tertiary education outside the country. 9ja varsity is shit

The point is with the right policies govt can attract massive investments and expertise to the education sector.
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by diablos: 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
No doubt Buhari is probably d worst disaster 2 befall diz country..second only 2 d nigerian civil war. Cant imagine 3 more years of redundancy and stagnation with such a clueless government as diz.

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by nagodoluwa: 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
lionshare:

The point is with the right policies govt can attract massive investments and expertise to the education sector.
bt govt is nt ready for such
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by lionshare: 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
nagodoluwa:
bt govt is nt ready for such
Asides the govt., there is so much rot in the tertiary education sub-sector, and unless govt hands off/deregulate the rot will continue.
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by bebe2(f): 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
Firefire:

Are you sure?

Please what is your exchange rate for 1 GBP ?

Thank you in advance.

eh?? so dey dis nairaland u no hear of bebe??

i forgive u sha cool

i go update u on rate mondy morning, rate has been crashing since thursday.
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by AreaFada2: 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
lionshare:

That's the only way to bring sanity and redemption into the health and education sectors.
Let govt officials lead by example. Bring their kids back home and stop treating ear infection and headache abroad. cool
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nonsense advert for Babcock, moves to the next thread
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by Megasaucy(f): 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
Georgie! Nkechi wey take you do yanga last year cos say she dey go school for jand is on her way to Naija for good. Sterling and his brother Pound disappointed her, so she is on a rebound to Auchi Poly...

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by bayulll011(m): 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
akpobi:
this interview seems like it was stage managed to make Babcock look Good

you are the only sane and knowledgeable person here,let the dollar reach 500naira Nigerian will not come back home,what happen to other menial jobs after studies,studies loan and scholarship is even there refuse to believe all those crappy news

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by diegwu01: 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dollar is available, its not scarce in the Parallel market, its only more expensive.
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by AreaFada2: 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:

i forgive u sha cool

Bebe when it gets back to $1=N1, as Bubu promised, abeg give me a shout.grin cheesy

Longest time. How have you been?
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by Firefire(m): 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:

i forgive u sha cool

Please forgive my ignorance Madame. tongue

What was your last rate before the crashing?

I paid a British friend of mine living in Lagos #508/£ last week for £1,500 embarassed

Today's rate is around 450/£ to sell.

What would likely be your rate in this situation?
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by MrTour: 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
But guys in Nigeria said America is the land of milk and honey where you make money easily, is something wrong with these students that they can't work or are the home based guys hallucinating as usual undecided.
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by grandstar(m): 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Moneyyy:
This is good for the Nigerian economy. Do you guys have any idea the amount of money being sent outside the shores of Nigeria every year in the name of scholing abroad? Such money is better spent in Nigeria and it would help prop up the Nigerian economy.

If we are in support of home-grown manufacturing, I don't see why we should not be in support of home-grown graduates.

With our worthless certificates.

I once met an economic graduate from Babcock who did not understand practical economics.

And again, remittancres from Nigerians living overseas was a whooping $21b in 2014.

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by stefan388: 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
GoldCircle:
but really if you were a parent and had your ward schooling abroad, what would you do in this instance? your income hasn't increased and the price of dollar keeps sky rocketing.

An Edo adage says 'dem no dey use shame chop poison'. if you have assets, strip them and use the funds to pay school fees.

if not, swallow your pride and cut your coat according to your material.
How does studing overseas become pride? This is not the first people to study overseas. Buhari bad luck, to me, has brought this country into its knels some much complaints every where.
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by Hermanie(m): 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Moneyyy:
This is good for the Nigerian economy. Do you guys have any idea the amount of money being sent outside the shores of Nigeria every year in the name of scholing abroad? Such money is better spent in Nigeria and it would help prop up the Nigerian economy.

If we are in support of home-grown manufacturing, I don't see why we should not be in support of home-grown graduates.

100 of those students combined may not spend as much as Buhari's kids

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by 1b8m: 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
advice the govt to standardize our educational system first
Moneyyy:

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by erico2k2(m): 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
Moneyyy:

When U buy made in Aba shoes then come back and talk this talk then U will have an award frm me.

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by segebobo: 6:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
dre11:

He said, “If the concerned students have passports, they will be admitted as international students, but they cannot serve in the National Youth Service Corps scheme after the completion of their programmes. They have to go abroad for their Master’s before they can serve.

“However, if the students do not have passports, they have to write the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and be admitted like any other local student.”

http://www.punchng.com/forex-crisis-nigerian-students-abroad-apply-home-universities/

I dnt understand this part. Someone going abroad for study will definitely have a passport abi ... Someone can explain better
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by Vado(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Moneyyy:

But Bubu's daughters are chilling & doing good in UK universities though.

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by neocortex: 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
vodutive:

who was the so called university lecturer in charge that failed to improve education causing them to all go abroad for education in the 1st place?

This is a very weak argument, every country in the world have citizens
who go abroad to study for reasons best known to them.

Since there are american students studying in the UK , we should
also blame Obama for not "improving" education in the US.

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by wittyt98(m): 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
even here in the republic of Benin things are tight... a thousand naira used to be 2500cfa now a thousand naira is 1500 cfa... everything changed all of a sudden.... my school fee used to be #300k per semester Buh because of this whole forex shit now it's #380k Nd we ain't even sure if it's going to remain that way..... I'm graduating April next year is why I'm still here. if not I would have transferred back to Nigeria too

buhari is really killing everybody slowly
Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by EbolaParasite: 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Moneyyy:

People are more poised than ever to send their kids abroad because of ignorant statements like yours
They are scared their kids will be so ignorant. You are a classic case. You only show more reasons for them to encourage their kids to stay abroad.
Do you realize the amount of FOREX nigeria gets from the diaspora every year? Are you aware that it is in the billions of dollars?

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by chenbravo(m): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Welcome back home in advance............ Don't forget to prepare your minds for substandard education......

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nkem4040:
God will never forgive Nigerians for letting Jonathan go. A man who believed so much in this country than all past presidents and head of states...that he made a commitment that all his children must all school in Nigeria. All past presidents children schooled or are schooling abroad. Buhari even has the conscience to tell us....I CAN AFFORD IT.

Jonathan, a man that his daughter and in-law live in 10 by 10, popularly known as face-me-I-face-you apartment in America that looks like a boys quarter or dog house...he is even comfortable inside it with them...tells you the kind of man he is. Has this been the likes of IBB, Abdulsalami, Abacha, Yaradua, Buhari, they will be living in a mansion with gold and ornaments furnishings everywhere.
U need brain ASAP. WHAT DOES HIS DAUGHTER AND IN-LAW LIVING IN A BOYS QUARTER IN AMERICA HAS TO DO WITH THE TOPIC. WHEN HE WAS PRESIDENT WHY DIDN'T HE IMPROVE ON OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM. PLZ SAY SOMETHING REASONABLE NOT THIS CRAP U WROTE.

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nkem4040:
God will never forgive Nigerians for letting Jonathan go. A man who believed so much in this country than all past presidents and head of states...that he made a commitment that all his children must all school in Nigeria. All past presidents children schooled or are schooling abroad. Buhari even has the conscience to tell us....I CAN AFFORD IT.

Jonathan, a man that his daughter and in-law live in 10 by 10, popularly known as face-me-I-face-you apartment in America that looks like a boys quarter or dog house...he is even comfortable inside it with them...tells you the kind of man he is. Has this been the likes of IBB, Abdulsalami, Abacha, Yaradua, Buhari, they will be living in a mansion with gold and ornaments furnishings everywhere.
i always argue with my friends telling them that GEJ was a good man who meant well for Nigeria, but his short coming was that he surrounded himself with animals, thieves, rogues, looters e.t.c i am sure he himself was shocked on hearing of the amount stole by thieves in his dispensation. That is whe we are now having hard times in Nigeria.

Re: Forex Crisis: Nigerian Students Abroad Apply To Home Universities by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
neocortex:

This is a very weak argument, every country in the world have citizens
who go abroad to study for reasons best known to them.

Since there are american students studying in the UK , we should
also blame Obama for not "improving" education in the US.

stop trying to be too clever by halves, You know the peoblem with our education system. Although people may and do chosse to study abroad even when the domestic system is functional, you know full well that we are talking aboutpeople who are FORCED to send their kids abroad or seek education abroad because a Nigerian degree is no longer worth the paper it is printed and going to a Nigerian University is equivalent to condemning your future because it limits your opportunities and closes doors the minute you present your certificate.

The truth is most people going to Nigerian Universities are wasting their time and would be better off learning a trade , a skill or a business. The best jobs will go to the students who studied abroad and your degree is useless abroad, so you end up doing admin jobs or bank clerk or sales assistants....jobs which normally only require "o" levels!!!!

EFCC Returns Stolen N326,000 Back To UNIBEN Student (Photo) / Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) / Kaduna Adopts Finland Education System; To Pay Teachers More – El-Rufai

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58