Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth (1633 Views)

Lady Rejects Man’s Marriage Proposal After Giving Her A Kidney / 19-Year-Old Girl Shares The Posh Apartment Sugar Daddy Bought For Her (Photos) / Kogi Lady Dumped By Her Lover After Giving Birth: "Be Careful, Men Are Liars” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by Pinkieblue(f): 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
Teenager, Blessing Adeoye impregnated by boyfriend allegedly dies after childbirth .

“I need your mercy oh Lord,” Blessing wrote on Facebook two days before losing her life.

According Newsroom, A Nigerian teenager has died after she was delivered of a baby boy.

Newsroom gathered Blessing Adenike Adeoye, 19, gained admission into Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) the same year her boyfriend got her pregnant.

The teenager had no choice but to suspend her education in order to nurture the pregnancy she started carrying in 2015. Nine months after conception, Blessing is no more.

Before her death on Friday, Blessing lived with her parents in Igando area of Lagos State. They are poor, we were told.

Blessing was expected to deliver her baby this week. She was taken to traditional midwives known in Yoruba as elewe omo probably because her parents couldn’t afford whatever a proper hospital would charge.

Blessing was 19. She got pregnant the same year she was offered admission at MAPOLY.

Blessing was 19. She got pregnant the same year she was offered admission at MAPOLY. Photo: Facebook.

“I need your mercy oh Lord,” Blessing wrote on Facebook two days before she lost her life. It was her last post apparently written in expectation of the pains of childbirth.

Mercy, it appears, came the way of the baby who was delivered alive. But the merciless hands of death would later grab Blessing, the teenage mother who had prayed for safe delivery.

Blessing was able to deliver the baby boy but was unable to survive complications from the ordeal. She died after childbirth. She died on Friday morning.

Blessing was the first of her Christian family’s seven children, we gathered. Her father is a tailor in Igando. We learnt they could have been eight children had tragedy not taken one of her mother’s children.

Blessing was like a mother to her siblings, a friend of hers told Newsroom.

“Blessing was fun to be with,” a friend who doesn’t want to be named told Newsroom.

“She loved going out and hanging out with friends. I am shocked she’s dead. I’m so shocked I can’t even get myself to visit her family.

“Blessing loved her younger siblings and would do anything for them,” her grieving friend said.

“Whenever I ‘insult’ them for being ‘ugly’, Blessing would look at me and say ‘leave them, monkey no fine, him mama like am’.

“You would think she was the mother of the little ones. I think that’s what made her think she could cope with her baby. She thought she would make it.

May her soul RIP Amen

Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
Pinkieblue:

She was taken to traditional midwives known in Yoruba as elewe omo

Bet why? cry
Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by ForeverYoung197(f): 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Just sad.
Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by thorpido(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Poor girl.Poverty and probably illiteracy made them take her to traditional birth attendants.
She might have died of excessive bleeding or septicaemia.

Young girls abeg listen to your parents.
Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by Firstlieutenant(m): 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
Such a young budding-lady. RIP.
Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
I cnt just imagine d hw she wud be feeling wen she was in labour, d fear, d prayers... Ohh.. So sad! May God help us never to be a victim of death

1 Like

Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by obiorathesubtle: 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
So sad.. May her soul find peace..
Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by ednut1(m): 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
rip to her. even pple way born for standard hospital dey die sometimes. 50 naira condom cud hv prevented dis sha
Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by osesology(m): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
May her soul rest in peace

This life is really somehow...
Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
Poverty na bastard!

RIP blessing

1 Like

Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
Bt sum wil stil nt learn. Rip.
Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by MRBrownJ: 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
delivery complications happen all over the world, even if/when going to the best private clinic in the world.
Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by oakson: 1:57am On Jul 24, 2016
Adufetohposh:
Poverty na bastard!

RIP blessing

madam....?
fell victim of robbery.... just coming back on nairaland.
Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by Banks97(m): 2:40pm On Dec 27, 2016
She was my class mate bk then in secondary school...bh now she gone sha so painful
Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2016
Who is blessing and why is she different? smiley
Re: 19 Year Old Blessing Dies After Giving Birth by firstking01(m): 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2016
Patheticembarassed

(1) (Reply)

71-year-old Widow, Marries A 17-year-old Boy, 3 Weeks After Meeting Him At Her S / Why Are Massively Endowned Girls are Always not endowned facially / Can You Imagine?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.