Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Looters Now Hide Money In Abandoned Buildings-EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looters Now Hide Money In Abandoned Buildings-EFCC (707 Views)

Treasury Looters Now Regret Their Looting- Buhari / Corrupt Polticians Now Hide Their Loots In Micro Finance Banks / Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looters Now Hide Money In Abandoned Buildings-EFCC by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
With the current war against corruption ramping up in Nigeria, it seems that looters have opted for a new place with which to hide their stolen money– abandoned buildings.
According to the EFCC, looters have realised that banks are no longer safe and would rather trust the ‘security’ of uncompleted or abandoned buildings to hide their money.
The Punch reports that the Acting chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Maguires said this in Abuja yesterday.
He said, “People are now scared of keeping monies in banks, as it can be traced easily. Monies are now kept in abandoned houses in the country.”
Magu also appealed to bureau de change operators to stop being used as middle men through which money is laundered.
Magu said, “BDCs move billions of naira in a day and there is no proper documentation of money laundered. I appeal to the BDCs to stop that, as we will begin to prosecute bureau de change operators to serve as deterrent. Bankers are also involved in corrupt acts, as they don’t carry out due diligence.’’
He also asked stakeholders and other related parties to join hands with the EFCC to battle corruption.

http://www.herald.ng/looters-now-hide-money-abandoned-buildings-efcc/?utm_source=nnd&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nnd
Re: Looters Now Hide Money In Abandoned Buildings-EFCC by topgear(m): 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
This is really serious
Re: Looters Now Hide Money In Abandoned Buildings-EFCC by macino1(m): 9:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Notice to looters, I have a VERY secure uncompleted building at the back of my house, kindly mail me for directions.
Thanks
Re: Looters Now Hide Money In Abandoned Buildings-EFCC by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
macino1:
Notice to looters, I have a VERY secure uncompleted building at the back of my house, kindly mail me for directions.
Thanks
EFCC might be coming after you in due course
Re: Looters Now Hide Money In Abandoned Buildings-EFCC by Standing5(m): 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
They just invited low level thieves into the anti-corruption war without knowing. From now on, the loot becomes a target in an 'ultimate search' style game involving thieves n EFCC men.
Re: Looters Now Hide Money In Abandoned Buildings-EFCC by macino1(m): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
amaraedec:
EFCC might be coming after you in due course
Lol. . .I am cool with that, as long as the looters use the uncompleted building to hide their money. I should be able to hire 1,000 SAN to defend me. Taking queue from someone that hired 13 SAN because of O'level certificate.
Re: Looters Now Hide Money In Abandoned Buildings-EFCC by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 24, 2016
macino1:

Lol. . .I am cool with that, as long as the looters use the uncompleted building to hide their money. I should be able to hire 1,000 SAN to defend me. Taking queue from someone that hired 13 SAN because of O'level certificate.
hahahahah..

(1) (Reply)

How Would You Rate Government’s Efforts In Fighting The Boko Haram Sect? APC Ask / FG Committed To The Completion Of 2nd Niger Bridge,others – Fashola / Bank Documents Exposed How Obanikoro, Fayose 'stole' N4.7b Arms Fund - EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.