Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,828 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC (20633 Views)

Treasury Looters Now Regret Their Looting- Buhari / Looters Now Hide Money In Abandoned Buildings-EFCC / Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by HungerBAD: 5:22am On Jun 18, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission says due to the current anti-corruption war, looters have stopped keeping money in banks and have resorted to storing cash in their abandoned properties.

The acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, said this at a workshop titled, the ‘Role of Professionals in the Fight Against Corruption’ in Abuja on Friday.

Magu said, “People are now scared of keeping monies in banks, as it can be traced easily. Monies are now kept in abandoned houses in the country.”

He also charged bureau de change operators and financial institutions to desist from being used as conduit pipes to launder money.

According to him,” BDCs move billions of naira in a day and there is no proper documentation of money laundered. I appeal to the BDCs to stop that, as we will begin to prosecute bureau de change operators to serve as deterrent. Bankers are also involved in corrupt acts, as they don’t carry out due diligence.’’

Magu charged professional bodies in the country to join hands with the anti-graft agency in the fight against corruption and economic crimes.

He added, “Instead of conniving with people to launder the proceeds of corruption, I beg you to join hands with the EFCC to fight corruption.

“Many professionals celebrate criminality by doing a lot to foster corruption, which adds more to money laundering. I don’t intend to criticise the work of professionals, but to solicit their support in order to make Nigeria better for the younger generation.’’

The EFCC boss further revealed that the commission would soon be going after accounting firms that collaborate with bankers to steal government funds.

Meanwhile, Justice Fatun Riman of a Federal High Court, Kano, has granted the application of the EFCC, to try a former Skye Bank staff, Yagana Bukar, in absentia on 10 charges bordering on money laundering.

Bukar was first arraigned in October 2013 and was granted bail. The accused person, however, absconded shortly after the commencement of trial.

Prosecuting counsel, M. S. Abubakar, had applied to the court, pursuant to Section 352(4) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015, to continue with the trial despite the absence of the defendant.

Abubakar told the court that the defendant failed to appear during eight consecutive adjournments without any explanation.

The trial judge then granted the application of the prosecution, and directed the first prosecution witness, Barnabas Okakwu, a staff of Skye Bank to continue his evidence-in-chief.

Further hearing in the case has been adjourned to June 27, 2016.

http://www.punchng.com/looters-now-keep-money-abandoned-houses-efcc/

3 Likes

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by Nobody: 5:28am On Jun 18, 2016
embarassed we will get there..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by loylextop(m): 5:29am On Jun 18, 2016
Ftc.. [color=#770077][/color] wink
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by ziccoit: 5:30am On Jun 18, 2016
Awon mad people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by utenwuson: 5:34am On Jun 18, 2016
we know! most of the empty estate in Abj re ware house were these criminal store cash!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by DonKuty419(m): 5:37am On Jun 18, 2016
It has been like that for a long time not today.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by YoursGEJ(m): 5:46am On Jun 18, 2016
Let me go hunting with my briefcase. I'll start with all the abandoned houses in Abuja

[img]http://i./yidUzBXdCA3gJlaow0.gif[/img]

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by ikbnice(m): 5:50am On Jun 18, 2016
asiwere n ko oro jo. Madmen playing the game of politics in Nigeria, why won't the country be stagnant if not retrogressing?

2 Likes

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by STPEACE10: 6:07am On Jun 18, 2016
I don't care
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by Dahkogrin007(m): 6:09am On Jun 18, 2016
Rily....d banks are no longer safe for dem
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:12am On Jun 18, 2016
Nigeria will be great again.

5 Likes

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by 989900: 6:16am On Jun 18, 2016
Some people and I, have suggested change in currency color . . . we just might need to do that ATEOTD. While working on ways to make the Naira keep on appreciating against the dollar, so they are tempted to change some of those to Naira.

7 Likes

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by DaBullIT(m): 6:38am On Jun 18, 2016
Sorry , Your FTC has been claimed

loylextop:
Ftc.. [color=#770077][/color] wink

All these Oloriibu people hiding cash up and down, i just wish google has money finder app , I would have located those cash stashes

and return them all to the Federal Government [size=1pt]of my pocket [/size]

Because i am a fair Nigerian grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by khristals(m): 7:41am On Jun 18, 2016
yeah.. go get and that money so that someone else can loot it.. nonsense
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by ejilife: 7:48am On Jun 18, 2016
APC the lieing liars. Is it coincident that one of them is called Lai?
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by Nicur: 8:21am On Jun 18, 2016
lol can you imagine, leaking your enemies's secret!! you have intelligence about your enemy and you are giving it away? who are they deceiving, PROPAGANDA IS THE FOOD FOR THE SOUL OF ZOMBIES!! OYA ZOMBIES come chop! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by femo86(m): 8:23am On Jun 18, 2016
Na to go dey check all dis abandoned buildings be dat oooo.... grin grin grin

But wait ooo, if you come go see awon Mudashiru, awon Alaye, awon Boiz for
inside the abandoned building, your own don be for dat day grin grin grin
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by dotcomnamename: 9:09am On Jun 18, 2016
grin
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by noegenesis(m): 9:09am On Jun 18, 2016
My Prayer point this Sunday will be ... " May the good Lord direct my foot step to any FAVOURABLE UNCOMPLETED BUILDING..." Hit like if you want similar miracle this week grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by qualityovenbake(m): 9:09am On Jun 18, 2016
989900:
Some people and I, have suggested change in currency color . . . we just might need to do that ATEOTD. While working on ways to make the Naira keep on appreciating against the dollar, so they are tempted to change some of those to Naira.
They use Bureau de change and some professional accounting firm to launder the embezzled Naira to Dollar. It will be a futile effort and waste of tax payers money if the federal government embark on the colour of currency change.
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by loomer: 9:10am On Jun 18, 2016
Where all the money wey una don recover self?

3 Likes

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by mommaade(f): 9:10am On Jun 18, 2016
Really?
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by oloworulz(m): 9:10am On Jun 18, 2016
good. find them where ever they are
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by chiwetaluAGU(m): 9:10am On Jun 18, 2016
grin
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 18, 2016
Am sure they wont take some to heaven
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by kurajordan(m): 9:11am On Jun 18, 2016

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by Innodon(m): 9:12am On Jun 18, 2016
Lemme start checking in completed buildings
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by Gboliwe: 9:12am On Jun 18, 2016
And no single picture to back up their claim?

This guys are just taking us for a ride

1 Like

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 18, 2016
If I see that kind money, let's say 2Million USD haaaa!
I will eat Amala 2million Naira, Ogunfe 6million, ponmo 4 million... Unilag girls 5 million, mansion 100 million. . . champagne... 6 million... wait ooo, money don finish ooo grin

11 Likes

Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by deymoh(m): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2016
where are the houses please
Re: Looters Now Keep Money In Abandoned Houses –EFCC by Daraph(m): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2016
On my way to keep checking all the abandoned houses in my street.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Accuses Buhari Of Plot To Remove Saraki And Ekweremadu / Cash And Firearms Recovered From Justice Ademola Tendered In Court / Presidency Reacts To Fake Portfolio Assigned To Ministers-Designate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.