Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) (12943 Views)

Make $50per Day With Adsense - See How To / Make Money Aside Google Adsense See Here / Linda Now Uses Adchoice, Does That Mean Its Better Than Adsense??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by webincomeplus(m): 8:43am On Jun 19, 2016
I see many newbie bloggers getting worried over rejected Adsense applications. But they really don't know that making a decent income from Adsense alone requires massive (I mean, very massive) traffic, which usually takes years to build (or huge amounts of money for those who want quick results through paid promotion).

For example, here is a screenshot of the Adsense earnings of my top earning site (let me call it BLOG A), which I monetize with Adsense and selling ad slots directly to advertisers:

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by webincomeplus(m): 8:44am On Jun 19, 2016
The figures look attractive, right?

What you really don't realize is that the blog attracts about 14,000 visits and generates about 45,000 page views daily. And to get it to that level took me 3 long years.

Here's the traffic report of the site for the last 30 days (as retrieved from Google Analytics):

1 Like

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by webincomeplus(m): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2016
As you can see, BLOG A attracted 410,000+ visits and generated over 1.2 million page views over the last one month.

So, making a decent income from Adsense is not easy. And it's not for those who are generating just 200 to 500 visits per day.

Now, there's an easier alternative that won't require as much work and time (you'll still work very hard, though). And that's niche affiliate marketing. I particularly recommend Amazon Niche sites for a start because you can start getting results within as little as 6 months.

Look at the screenshots below, showing one of my Amazon niche sites (let me call this BLOG B), which presently earns at least $100 monthly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by webincomeplus(m): 8:47am On Jun 19, 2016
$100 (about N35,000 at the moment) might look too small, but it means a lot to beginners. Besides there's always room for growth over time. As you can see, the site has earned $115 so far this month, which means chances are high that it will gross $200 by the end of the month.

Guess what? BLOG B attracts less than 100 visits per day. See the following screenshot, which is it's traffic report for the past 30 days.

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by webincomeplus(m): 8:48am On Jun 19, 2016
As you can see, BLOG B attracted just 1,288 visits in the last 30 days. That's not even near what BLOG A attracts in a day. But ironically, BLOG B earns at least $100 per month, and will most likely hit $200 this month.

I'm not done yet. I'll reveal some more insights shortly.

2 Likes

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by AnodaIT(m): 8:55am On Jun 19, 2016
okay, let's see what you will be selling

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by gooddynews(m): 8:58am On Jun 19, 2016
am following boss .
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by gooddynews(m): 8:59am On Jun 19, 2016
webincomeplus:
As you can see, BLOG B attracted just 1,288 visits in the last 30 days. That's not even near what BLOG A attracts in a day. But ironically, BLOG B earns at least $100 per month, and will most likely hit $200 this month.

I'm not done yet. I'll reveal some more insights shortly.
PLS GO ON SIR

1 Like

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by webincomeplus(m): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2016
Now, here's what makes BLOG B interesting:

The 1288 visits resulted in 297 clicks, which in turn resulted in 38 orders from Amazon.com. That means the site had a clickthrough rate (CTR) of 23 percent. And that's because the visitors are highly targeted ones who really want to buy the products I reviewed on the site. So, if this same site starts attracting 12,000 monthly visits in the future, one could expect about 3000 clicks, and about 10 times its present monthly earnings (about $1,500). Remember, 12,000 monthly visits is just 400 visits per day.

With Google Adsense, you can NEVER get a CTR of 23 percent. The best you can get is between 5-6 percent (although I've not met anyone whose CTR is even up to that). For most bloggers I know, the CTR is usually within 1-2 percent. So, with my own usually CTR of 1.4-1.7 percent, BLOG A needs to attract about 14,000 visits every day and generate about 45,000 pageviews daily just to earn between $25 and $50.

So, to earn a decent income from Adsense, you need huge traffic. That's the point I'm trying to drive home here.

Let's imagine, BLOG B was also monetized with Adsense. Even at a CTR of 3%, it would have generated only about 38 clicks in the last one month. And with a cost per click of $0.20, it would have earned a meager $7.72 over the last 30 days. That's a frustrating figure, you know?

On the other hand, imagine if BLOG B were generating as much traffic as BLOG A. It would be generating around $30,000 to $40,000 per month. And yes, some badass affiliate marketers I know (not Nigerians, though) earn as much monthly. That's the earning potential of affiliate marketing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by fattbabakay(m): 9:21am On Jun 19, 2016
Following bumper to bumper...............................
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by webincomeplus(m): 9:21am On Jun 19, 2016
Now, what's the essence of this thread?

I never planned to sell anything here (unlike what some people might expect).

My aim of creating the thread was to motivate wannabe bloggers to be more creative. There's more to blogging topics than entertainment and celebrity gist (even my BLOG A isn't an entertainment blog, although it's targeted at Nigerians).

More importantly, there's more to making money blogging than Google Adsense.

You can create your own Amazon affiliate niche now, and you can start earning something cool within the next 6-9 months. So far you're able to choose a niche that isn't competitive, you'd be fine.

There are many articles on the web that would teach you this. Just Google "How to Create an Amazon Niche Site", and you'll see many step-by-step detailed guides that will explain all you need to know. Similarly, you can visit Blackhatworld.com, and enter "Amazon niche site" in the search box. You'll see threads by members who have achieved success at this strategy. That's one badass forum you should read if you want to learn practical strategies for making money online.

Aside affiliate marketing, other monetization options include creating your own digital product and information marketing.

So, know that there are unlimited opportunities online. Just look beyond the only ones you've been looking at, be willing to WORK HARD and PLAY BY THE RULES. And you'd be just fine.

I'm not going to go into details of how you can create your niche site because I already directed you to places where you can get the information online.

Please don't send me PMs (I don't get them anyway). And don't send me emails regarding this.

I hope I've inspired someone.

Enjoy!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by AnodaIT(m): 10:34am On Jun 19, 2016
Okay, I take back my words, you know we are so used to peeps who post screenshots ot earnings of $500 daily yet they will be practically begging you to buy a $5 ebook which is just a compilation of stuff they got off google.

My opinion is, if you really need to succeed on the internet, you have to learn how to source for information, ebooks are just to tell you that there is a way something can be done, after the orientation, your success rest on your ability to get good information on your own.

The last post is a perfect ebook summary. I will surely do it.

Thanks for the heads-up, sorry about the bo.ts I heard they do ban Seun as well, so chill

11 Likes

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by NLhustle: 11:36am On Jun 19, 2016
One more thing I forgot to add was that Blog A presently has about 1,000 posts, while Blog B has just 11 posts.

So, Adsense requires not just time, but also effort. Affiliate marketing requires relatively less (not none) of both.

2 Likes

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by NLhustle: 11:37am On Jun 19, 2016
AnodaIT:
Okay, I take back my words, you know we are so used to peeps who post screenshots ot earnings of $500 daily yet they will be practically begging you to buy a $5 ebook which is just a compilation of stuff they got off google.

My opinion is, if you really need to succeed on the internet, you have to learn how to source for information, ebooks are just to tell you that there is a way something can be done, after the orientation, your success rest on your ability to get good information on your own.

The last post is a perfect ebook summary. I will surely do it.

Thanks for the heads-up, sorry about the bo.ts I heard they do ban Seun as well, so chill
All the best, bro.

2 Likes

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
Lol they ban you instead of moving you to frontpage, great stuff following I have to be honest affiliate marketing seems to be hard for me I just waste traffic better AdSense although my first paycheck was from affiliates I got rid of them after good AdSense CPC but its never too late to learn and start affiliate marketing to diversify, FOLLOWING!!!
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by haryomikun(m): 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
Am ready to learn sir. I want to ask some questions though.

Your vistors are from what country?
How do you get visitors to Blog B. Through seo or what?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Cc NLHustle webincomeplus
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by suxes2005(m): 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
You're so right about Amazon niche sites

How do you build links to your own sites ?

I use normal comments and thehoth for niche sites while my authority sites are strictly white hat links - outreach.
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by NLhustle: 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
haryomikun:
Am ready to learn sir. I want to ask some questions though.

Your vistors are from what country?
How do you get visitors to Blog B. Through seo or what?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Cc NLHustle webincomeplus

Blog B is targeted at a U.S. audience (using Google Search Console).

Traffic has been solely through SEO (well-optimized and detailed posts).

2 Likes

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by Realphilo(m): 10:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
this is worth reading, thanks for this.
I was planning of dropping one of my site tomorrow due to Google ban, but am having a change of mind
NLhustle:
It's still WebIncomePlus: I don't know why NL's overzealous bots banned me. Well, here's what I posted initially that was deleted for reasons I don't know.
---

My aim of creating the thread was to motivate wannabe bloggers to be more creative. There's more to blogging topics than entertainment and celebrity gist (even my BLOG A isn't an entertainment blog, although it's targeted at Nigerians).

More importantly, there's more to making money blogging than Google Ad.sense.

You can create your own Amazon affiliate niche now, and you can start earn.ing something cool within the next 6-9 months. So far you're able to choose a niche that isn't competitive, you'd be fine.

There are many articles on the web that would teach you this. Just Go.ogle "How to Create an Amazon Niche Site", and you'll see many step-by-step detailed guides that will explain all you need to know. Similarly, you can vi.sit Black.hatw.orld.com, and enter "Amazon niche site" in the search box. You'll see thre.ads by members who have achieved success at this strategy. That's one bad.ass foru.m you should read if you want to learn pra.ctical strate.gies for mak.ing mon.ey onl.ine.

Aside affiliate ma.rketing, other monetization options include creating your own digital product and inform.ation mark.eting.

So, know that there are unlimited opportunities online. Just look beyond the only ones you've been looking at, be willing to WORK HARD and PLAY BY THE RULES. And you'd be just fine.

I'm not going to go into details of how you can create your niche site because I already dire.cted you to places where you can get the information online.

Please don't send me PMs (I don't get them anyway). And don't send me emails regarding this. But you're free to ask questions on this thread.

Enjoy!
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by haryomikun(m): 11:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
NLhustle:

Blog B is targeted at a U.S. audience (using Google Search Console).

Traffic has been solely through SEO (well-optimized and detailed posts).
Okay boss. No problems. Thanks
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by wisehouse(m): 11:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
The Amazon Niche Affiliate marketing is a great money earner. I have a Nigeria friend making at least $300 - 400 a month from his sites.
I MUST WARN: THIS IS NO LAZY MAN WAY OF MAKING MONEY.

JUST LIKE THE OP SAID, YOU MUST HAVE TO LEARN BEFORE DIVING INTO IT (from experience).

Please read this:
https://techtage.com/amazon-affiliate-niche-site-guide/

THAT IS A A-Z GUIDE YOU NEED TO STUDY (how I wish I had that when I started).

That dude makes up to $30k/m from Amazon Niche sites (it's hard work, it's no magic.

#action_speaks_louder_than_your_thanks

2 Likes

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by CuriousX: 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
NLhustle:
It's still WebIncomePlus: I don't know why NL's overzealous bots banned me. Well, here's what I posted initially that was deleted for reasons I don't know.
---

More importantly, there's more to making money blogging than Google Ad.sense.

You can create your own Amazon affiliate niche now, and you can start earn.ing something cool within the next 6-9 months. So far you're able to choose a niche that isn't competitive, you'd be fine.

There are many articles on the web that would teach you this. Just Go.ogle "How to Create an Amazon Niche Site", and you'll see many step-by-step detailed guides that will explain all you need to know. Similarly, you can vi.sit Black.hatw.orld.com, and enter "Amazon niche site" in the search box. You'll see thre.ads by members who have achieved success at this strategy. That's one bad.ass foru.m you should read if you want to learn pra.ctical strate.gies for mak.ing mon.ey onl.ine.

Aside affiliate ma.rketing, other monetization options include creating your own digital product and inform.ation mark.eting.

I'm not going to go into details of how you can create your niche site because I already dire.cted you to places where you can get the information online.

Please don't send me PMs (I don't get them anyway). And don't send me emails regarding this. But you're free to ask questions on this thread.

Enjoy!

Thanks God bless
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by flamming20: 5:42am On Jun 22, 2016
Good posting
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by directonpc(m): 6:07am On Jun 22, 2016
Make I follow, after exams I will try this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by OCTAVO: 6:41am On Jun 22, 2016
Ok
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by rawtouch: 6:41am On Jun 22, 2016
Kai looking at graphs made me lose interest
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by rummeh: 6:42am On Jun 22, 2016
Space
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by Ritzy92(f): 6:42am On Jun 22, 2016
Everyone wan be blogger, who go come be the bloggist?

3 Likes

Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by wildchild1: 6:44am On Jun 22, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by tizblink: 6:46am On Jun 22, 2016
Following!
Re: There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) by martin92(m): 6:52am On Jun 22, 2016
a

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get 5000 Facebook Friends And Page Likes Using Email Invitation Method / Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers / Reliable, Secure, Fast, And Affordable Web Hosting With Beta Host Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.