Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,707 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Thread For Mechanical Engineers. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread For Mechanical Engineers. (6669 Views)

OND Mechanical Engineers Needed Urgently / MECHANICAL ENGINEERS ONLY ( Lets Reason Together) / Clarifications From Professional Mechanical Engineers Are Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers. by ademoladeji(m): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2017
Kennyinusa:
Mechanical Engineering!

What a course. What a damn course!

As a Fresh Mechanical Engineering graduate, you can get a job in

Accounting and Auditing Firms (KPMG, PWC....)

Banks (GTB, AccessBank, in fact all of them)

Production Companies (BAT, NESTLE, LAFARGE, CADBURY, DANGOTE, NBC...and the likes)

Oil and Gas Firms (GE, ARIOSH, SHELL, TOTAL)

Engineering Construction (JAGAL, SEVAN, METALMATE, SHI)

Consulting firms, and so many other sectors I can't remember right now.

Only Accounting(and related courses) graduates can challenge mechanical engineering graduates when it come to flexibility.

I think ElectricalEngineering is more flexible than Mechanical
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers. by Carmal90(m): 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
Naturallyme:
Sure U can but most options you will get is mechanical engineering. Av not seen anyone with b.Eng Mechatronics. I started with Nd and hnd before degree too. Got direct entry admission after two attempts..not easy bro. If you get mechanical,do Mechatronics when U get to 500LEVEL.

Sorry sir, which school? What was ur grade? Sorry for asking am also planning doing DE with my hnd in mechanical engineering
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers. by NeneKelvin2019(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2017
Warm greetings to the engineers in the house
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers. by Imoy(m): 11:34am On Jul 02, 2018
Very interesting post.

I have question thoug would appreciate your help.

I have HND in mechanical engineering, but as God will have it I found myself in a civil engineering company, although this was as a result of my one year industrial training at the civil engineering firm.
Now I think I am in love with this civil engineering job, but my mechanical engineering certificate seems to be my only problem cause I have all the necessary experience.
My question now, is it possible to switch to HND civil engineering with my HND in Mechanical engineering?
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers. by Naturallyme: 7:36am On Jul 03, 2018
Don't bother to change anything. Engineering is engineering on the field. you only need to transfer the knowledge of mechanical to civil. they are related when it comes to design. in Engineering ,We have statics and dynamics. Civil is the statics. only few practice the engineering they studied in school. these days engineering has gone beyond civil mechanical and electrical
Imoy:
Very interesting post.

I have question thoug would appreciate your help.

I have HND in mechanical engineering, but as God will have it I found myself in a civil engineering company, although this was as a result of my one year industrial training at the civil engineering firm.
Now I think I am in love with this civil engineering job, but my mechanical engineering certificate seems to be my only problem cause I have all the necessary experience.
My question now, is it possible to switch to HND civil engineering with my HND in Mechanical engineering?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers. by FavourSmartStor: 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2018
Interesting, over 2 years on Nairaland I'm just seeing this thread for the first time.

It is well.... I'm a fresh 2nd Degree graduate (M.Sc from U.I) so far it's been God all the way.

So what's pumping in our area of study? I'm into production/solid mechanics and ibknow some are thermo-flow wizards.

Let's share ideas and thoughts but less I forget I'm still in search for cool placement. The company I used for my 6months IT has folded up, and it's been pretty difficult getting a place like seriously.
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers. by Imoy(m): 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
Naturallyme:
Don't bother to change anything. Engineering is engineering on the field. you only need to transfer the knowledge of mechanical to civil. they are related when it comes to design. in Engineering ,We have statics and dynamics. Civil is the statics. only few practice the engineering they studied in school. these days engineering has gone beyond civil mechanical and electrical

Thanks a lot, i appreciate.
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers. by Tony021: 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2018
Hello room, what options are available for a place to do IT preferably in Abj and how do i apply. I'll be glad if you could also help with links thanks
Re: Thread For Mechanical Engineers. by Debangis20(m): 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2022
I have a strong passion for ME

(1) (2) (Reply)

Street Sweepers In Benin Stage Protest Over Non-payment Of 7 Months Salary / Will My American Law Degree Be Recognized In Nigeria? / NUPENG Begins Strike In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.