Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:24 AM

What Ulcer Is And Its Causes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Ulcer Is And Its Causes (628 Views)

Ulcer Is Curable Using Water !!! / My Ulcer Is Now Serious, I Need Solution Please. / Ulcer Is Killing Me; Please Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Ulcer Is And Its Causes by anu2016: 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
Meaning of ulcer :
Ulcer is an open sore on an external or internal surface of the body, caused by a break in the skin or mucous membrane that fails to heal.
Actually, both ulcer that occurs in the inside and outside of the body needs attention,but in this post I will like to focus on the ulcer that occurs on the inside of the body.
Peptic ulcer occurs on the inside.
Peptic ulcers are open sores that develop on the inside lining of your esophagus, stomach and the upper portion of your small intestine.

The most common symptom of a peptic ulcer is abdominal pain.
for details more :http://www.adorableskinandhair.com/?p=102
Peptic ulcers include:

Gastric ulcers that occur on the inside of the stomach
Esophageal ulcers that occur inside the hollow tube (esophagus) that carries food from your throat to your stomach
Duodenal ulcers that occur on the inside of the upper portion of your small intestine (duodenum) It’s a myth that spicy foods or a stressful job can cause peptic ulcers. Doctors now know that a bacterial infection or some medications — not stress or diet — cause most peptic ulcers.

source :http://www.adorableskinandhair.com/?p=102

SYMPTOMS :
Pain is the most common symptom.Burning pain is the most common peptic ulcer symptom. The pain is caused by the ulcer and is aggravated by stomach acid coming in contact with the ulcerated area. The pain typically may:
Be felt anywhere from your navel up to your breastbone
Be worse when your stomach is empty
Flare at night
Often be temporarily relieved by eating certain foods that buffer stomach acid or by taking an acid-reducing medication
Disappear and then return for a few days or weeks

Deep Gastric Ulcer

CAUSES OF ULCERS :

1. A bacterium
2. Regular use of certain pain relievers.
3.Other medications
Re: What Ulcer Is And Its Causes by Joygalore(f): 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
Causes include:
Helicobacter pylori

Non steroid anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDS) Cox 1 specific

(1) (Reply)

I Saw This Somewhere And Decided To Share (pics) / 7 Things Every Girl Must Do Before Going To Bed- Must Read*** / Fashion Wise Health Foolish (must Read)!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.