Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage (43998 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Around The World / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Abbycuttie(f): 8:39am On Jun 20, 2016
Rapmoney:
As a property manager and one who has visited many Nigerian cities, I did a research/survey and came out with the result of the top 5 cities in Nigeria where one would need to belt himself/herself very well before renting an apartment! This survey was carried out with the accommodation costs of houses/apartments found in condusive environments or areas characterized with the usual facilities that are found in an average African city. By this, this survey did not cover rural areas (villages), please.

1) ABUJA: In terms of the cost of renting an apartment, be it flat, self-con or bed-sitter, Abuja (the main city), is a place where you really need to eat 'bellefull' before doing that. This can really reduce your savings to a frustrating amount! It's in places like Maitama that you would see a one-bedroom flat that goes for 1million Naira!!! Any landlord/house agent who puts up same house for that amount in Benin-City is surely an 'Enemy of Progress' grin Are we buying the house? It's because of this that made many residents of Abuja to move to surburbs or outskirts of the city.

2) LAGOS: I discovered that most of the mini-flats in Lagos mainland are above 300k a year. You can get this same apartment, even with better facilities and in a more serene environment, at half the price, in Akure. When I saw the bed-sitter a friend of mine paid for at Oregun for 10k monthly, I wept!!!

3) WARRI: This would have come after Port-Harcourt but it seems as if some house owners here think everyone is scooping crude oil from the ground since it's called the 'Oil City'. Sometimes, mini-flats go for as high as 18k monthly!!! 3 bedroom flats in good environments can cost 480k-500k per year; sometimes, 600k.

4) PORT-HARCOURT: Rentage in PH City is not too different from what's obtainable in Warri.

5) ENUGU: Sometimes, a bed-sitter that's so small to an extent where you won't even have enough space to stretch your hands in the morning without knocking off things in your room, could go for as high as 100k-110k per year! Even places like Obiagu and Artisan!!! The rentage cost of 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom flats in places like Loma Linda/Independence Layout/GRA, can make an unemployed man die before his time!!! wink

Compiled by Rapmoney

my dear u forgot to Add ASABA........ bed sitter in Asaba is btwn 130k to 150...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 8:39am On Jun 20, 2016
buchi2020:
Why is bayelsa not on your list? The price for a bed sitter with water is 150 to 180 while standard two bedroom duplex is 750 to 800 but face me I face you is 5000
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by forgiveness: 8:40am On Jun 20, 2016
Sobeautiful:
PH should be no. 2 pls.

In Ikorodu the outskirts of Lagos 2 bedroom flat goes for 450k in Ebute, 800k - 2.5m around Surulere axis, 900k - 2.5m around Ikeja axis, 1.2m - 3.5m at Lekki axis, 2.5m - 4m V. I, 4m - 100,000 dollars(35m) yes dollars per annum(most house rents are collected in Dollars), make I continue? grin You go fear fear. grin

Lagos is the most expensive city in Nigeria na. P/h na small pikin.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 8:42am On Jun 20, 2016
Abbycuttie:

my dear u forgot to Add ASABA........ bed sitter in Asaba is btwn 130k to 150...
I worked with an agency in Asaba for months. Although, it wasn't like that but recently, I think Asaba is becoming one expensive place to live in this country.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 20, 2016
don't mind this O.P. I know two people currently paying over N1m on rent in PH and they don't even live anywhere close to the high brow areas.
worldmoney:
350 in warri, 450 in port Harcourt
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2016
kunlesufyan:

Jeez! The woman refused renting ....I can bet you are beautiful and she doesn't trust her husband.. .I'm trying oo....its a nice place to serve ..where are you now?

lol. I wish I knew her reason, I was so embarrassed and confused. She should be in her fifties, her husband should be older_ wetin I dey use old man do?
Yea, it a nice town, quite expensive for a corps member though.
I am in Abia state smiley.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by badaoyeyemi(f): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2016
Am not sir...nd I don't need more info
saintfizzo:
correction. Sir, it will buy u an acre in ibadan, need more info? Quote me
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by youngmoore(m): 8:58am On Jun 20, 2016
How much is 5bedrooms detached cost in banana island ikoyi please I need to relocate there next month.......
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by feldido(m): 8:58am On Jun 20, 2016
Rapmoney:
Not a good 3 bedroom flat o! I mean an old one that requires renovation.

Lol... Here 3bed starts from 700k to 1mil
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by oodua1stson: 9:01am On Jun 20, 2016
Realmcfynest:
Ogun state mowe nko

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by saintfizzo(m): 9:02am On Jun 20, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
Am not sir...nd I don't need more info
lol sorry for mistaking my salutation

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Jerrymax01(m): 9:02am On Jun 20, 2016
I think Yenagoa should be on that list, even when the buildings isn't to your taste,but man no go wan para go rent face me and slap you houses, rent is so expensive and even the agents ain't helping matters.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by oodua1stson: 9:03am On Jun 20, 2016
Lebee4:
OP, have u considered a place like Lokoja that is not developed and 2 bedroom goes between 250k n 300k in an undeveloped city.

What I think is that there should be legislation that will curb this landlord fraud to humanity.

brilliant idea

This is what our senators should be proposing

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 20, 2016
Rapmoney:
If you know what's obtainable in Warri now, you will know what I'm talking about.
Bro I shuttle between warri and port Harcourt and pay rents in the two cities. PH is more expensive than warri. U can get 2 bedroom flat at 350 in warri. it does not go below 450 in Ph
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by franceswasky: 9:05am On Jun 20, 2016
dandollaz:
And u mention enugu without owerri.op if u want to generalize town it should be
Abuja
Portharcourt
Lagos
owerri
warri
enugu.
Not everywhere in lagos is expensive but everywhere in abuja and phc is expensive do ur research well.
tank u my dear, owerri is d most expensive in d east, not enugu
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by macjireh: 9:05am On Jun 20, 2016
Rapmoney:
That same 2 bedroom will go for 350k in Warri. Now, you see why Uyo is not on the top 5 list? I'm a property manager wink

BROS SORRY TO SAY OOO, U AF LYE!!!

NOT EVERY 2BEDROOM FLAT IN WARRI IS 350K/YR....... IN FACT MOST 2BEDRUM FLATS WILL GO FOR FAR LESS DAN DAT,,,,,,I HAVE STAYED IN WARRI. DAT MONEY SHOULD BE 4 3BEDROOM FLAT MOST LIKELY

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 20, 2016
forgiveness:

If that is the highest rate obtainable for a two bedroom flat in P/h, I am sorry to say P/h na small pikin for were Lasgidi dey for rent.

In Ikorodu the outskirts of Lagos 2 bedroom flat goes for 450k in Ebute, 800k - 2.5m around Surulere axis, 900k - 2.5m around Ikeja axis, 1.2m - 3.5m at Lekki axis, 2.5m - 4m V. I, 4m - 100,000 dollars(35m) yes dollars per annum(most houses rents are collected in Dollars), make I continue? grin You go fear fear. grin

lie small small bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Baroba(m): 9:09am On Jun 20, 2016
lordcyl3:
Enugu house rent is just the wickedest. very expensive. even if you're a 50k salary earner, is better you return to ur villa cos u can't even manage in Enugu. every commodity is extra expensive. Enugu landlords are very selfish.

You can say it a again, I just helped my brother rent a One bedroom " apartment" in Trans Ekulu Enugu.. Breakdown, one year rent 150,000, agency fee 30,000, Legal fee 40,000, caution fee 20,000..

This is a state were most of its inhabitants are civil servants and students.. Shocking
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by AleAirHub(m): 9:12am On Jun 20, 2016
ambrosini593:

my one bedroom in yenagoa is 300k

shocked shocked shocked You c.

That is why i said the list is incomplete without yenagoa.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by oodua1stson: 9:13am On Jun 20, 2016
I think the stats is wrong in a way

because right here in Ibadan some 3/4 bedroom flats go for 1million naira per annum

Its the location that determines your rent. Each and every city in Nigeria has super expensive houses.

Like my flat now, I pay 250k per year and it has just 2 bedroom while I have friends in elebu estate who pay 400/500k for the same 2 bedroom flats

So it all depends kn the location of the house in the particular city

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 20, 2016
Millerz:
don't mind this O.P. I know two people currently paying over N1m on rent in PH and they don't even live anywhere close to the high brow areas.
Op is not sure of what he is saying considering the average ph is no 2 the least is 450. if u go to highbrow areas sorry na ur name
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by oodua1stson: 9:15am On Jun 20, 2016
All said and done, we should all strive to build our very own house.

It's the best. You can do whatever you like

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 20, 2016
kunlesufyan:

Jeez! The woman refused renting ....I can bet you are beautiful and she doesn't trust her husband.. .I'm trying oo....its a nice place to serve ..where are you now?
Bro I think yenegoa is even more expensive than Enugu
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 20, 2016
You are a pathetic liar. Nobody pays 35m for house rent in Nigeria. Not even in Abuja.

That being said, Cocaine village is not close to being the most expensive place in PH. Where I stay in woji (which is not a high brow area) I know two people paying over 1m. You have G.R.A old and new and most especially Eagle island where only commissioners and politicians can afford.
forgiveness:

If that is the highest rate obtainable for a two bedroom flat in P/h, I am sorry to say P/h na small pikin for were Lasgidi dey for rent.

In Ikorodu the outskirts of Lagos 2 bedroom flat goes for 450k in Ebute, 800k - 2.5m around Surulere axis, 900k - 2.5m around Ikeja axis, 1.2m - 3.5m at Lekki axis, 2.5m - 4m V. I, 4m - 100,000 dollars(35m) yes dollars per annum(most houses rents are collected in Dollars), make I continue? grin You go fear fear. grin

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2016
don't mind that dude.
worldmoney:
lie small small bro
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by kunlesufyan(m): 9:27am On Jun 20, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

lol. I wish I knew her reason, I was so embarrassed and confused. She should be in her fifties, her husband should be older_ wetin I dey use old man do?
Yea, it a nice town, quite expensive for a corp member though.
I am in Abia state smiley.
Some men no get shame sha....you seem nice ,shey you don't mind if we exchange digits ?
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by olanje: 9:32am On Jun 20, 2016
forgiveness:

2.5million for 2bedrm in ikeja? Bros u cn lie ooooooooo

In Ikorodu the outskirts of Lagos 2 bedroom flat goes for 450k in Ebute, 800k - 2.5m around Surulere axis, 900k - 2.5m around Ikeja axis, 1.2m - 3.5m at Lekki axis, 2.5m - 4m V. I, 4m - 100,000 dollars(35m) yes dollars per annum(most house rents are collected in Dollars), make I continue? grin You go fear fear. grin

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by forgiveness: 9:36am On Jun 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by kuuljay(m): 9:39am On Jun 20, 2016
Gboliwe:
Enugu? Rapmoney surely hasn't been to Uyo. Even Awka and Owerri are more expensive than Enugu.
I just went to see a room in new GRA in enugu without kitchen for 260 plus 80 for agent and lawyer=340 I told the corper he may have to stay in my house, enugu is really really expensive. And the most annoying is that three quarter of enugu does not have running water
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by DarkHenrie(m): 9:40am On Jun 20, 2016
Much actually depends on the particular location and type of house within the larger city. Let's quit making generalizations.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by kuuljay(m): 9:43am On Jun 20, 2016
Baroba:

You can say it a again, I just helped my brother rent a One bedroom " apartment" in Trans Ekulu Enugu.. Breakdown, one year rent 150,000, agency fee 30,000, Legal fee 40,000, caution fee 20,000..

This is a state were most of its inhabitants are civil servants and students.. Shocking
He is a lucky guy, I live in enugu and I tell you that house is very cheap

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by forgiveness: 9:46am On Jun 20, 2016
Millerz:
You are a pathetic liar. Nobody pays 35m for house rent in Nigeria. Not even in Abuja.

That being said, Cocaine village is not close to being the most expensive place in PH. Where I stay in woji (which is not a high brow area) I know two people paying over 1m. You have G.R.A old and new and most especially Eagle island where only commissioners and politicians can afford.

grin dey dere dey Wetin u no sabi. grin

P/h is still small pikin I say small pikin when you compare house rent with Lagos. grin

All those G. R. A in p/h are small pikin area for some mainland areas in Lagos. Those are the places you can compare with G. R. A in P/h.

grin I know say una go fear fear. grin

What do you expect when you hear say billionaires, multi millionaires, expatriates, oil companies workers etc are residing in Lasgidi? grin no be mere commission in Saraki's voice dey live 4 Ikoyi ooooo. Hehehe!

As for the 35m per annum, Ok, oya see with ya eyes.

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/ikoyi/showtype?bedrooms=2

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/ikeja/showtype?bedrooms=2

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/surulere/showtype?bedrooms=2

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/lekki/showtype?bedrooms=2

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/victoria-island/showtype?bedrooms=2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light / Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos / Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.