Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage (43896 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Around The World / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by chigoizie7(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

They are not talking of estates. Estates are expensive everywhere

I am not talking about estates here bro.

Awka is generally very expensive in terms of rent.

Is it ifite road, okpuno, walks road,govt house, commissioners quarters? Mention any place here in awka, it is relatively expensive.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2016
asha90:
At times I shudder at NL mods. How can somebody wake up and coin something in his mind and post on the NL and suddenly it will appear on the FP? This is supposed to be a news site where veritable and genuine information is shared. Apart from Abuja, Lagos and PH which most of its areas are expensive comparatively to other states. Whereas other parts of Nigeria have low scale, medium scale and upscale hoods. And the rents are classified in that order.

There are upscale and expensive parts of Onitsha, Enugu, Warri etc, same way there are low rent areas and this is in equilibrium in the aforementioned cities. But it is not the same in Abuja, Lagos and PH that has almost most of it's hoods damn expensive.

If we are to talk about all round most expensive cities, it is:

1. Abuja

2. Lagos

3. Port Harcourt
What is low rent in a city may be high in another.
That's what the op was saying. Low rent areas in PH may pay for a 2 bedroom flat in a high rent area of Gombe

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
Nigga44:
Enugu was not this expensive 3 years ago. I don't know why the landlords suddenly became very greedy and inconsiderate.

You build house and you wan collect the whole money today today. Does it work like that?

I think the Enugu state government should look into this matter
You are right.
Due to boko haram menace, there was an influx of igbos and investnents back to the east which made rents go up so steeply.
Enugu was the most affected
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
chigoizie7:

I am not talking about estates here bro.

Awka is generally very expensive in terms of rent.

Is it ifite road, okpuno, walks road,govt house, commissioners quarters? Mention any place here in awka, it is relatively expensive.
Thought you were the one mentioning ngozika estate, but it's ok
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by tushbobo(m): 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
martineverest:
op,try to conduct proper survey....abuja and portharcourt are the most xpensive

Port Harcourt is not as expensive as Lagos when it comes to rent. I have lived in both cities for many years.A one bedroom apartment in Surulere goes for 400k, three bedroom apartment goes for more than 1 million naira. Island axis is worse.Similar apartments close to the city center in PH go for less.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by asha90: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
The point is that it is only Abuja, Lagos and PH can pass for cities with expensive rent. Other southern Nigerian cities has a lot in common when it concerns rent. The same thing happens in the north with it's own rent regime different from the south.

InyinyaAgbaOku:

What is low rent in a city may be high in another.
That's what the op was saying. Low rent areas in PH may pay for a 2 bedroom flat in a high rent area of Gombe
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2016
asha90:
The point is that it is only Abuja, Lagos and PH can pass for cities with expensive rent. Other southern Nigerian cities has a lot in common when it concerns rent. The same thing happens in the north with it's own rent regime different from the south.

Even at that.
A low rent area in PH can get you a house in a good part of Ekiti. Let's leave it at that
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Walexsammy(m): 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
Mblem:
agent money alone in Lagos is unbearable.... its ×3 of the rent ....
chai, u can lie........Agent fee is half the actual rent

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
drucee21:
Abeg no vex but after abuja the next na ph. In places in ph that can be compared to town in warri house rent na die. Personally our tenants in 2 bedroom flats pay 550k anually for our houses in ph. Warri is cheap compared to ph. In ph i know a certain estate where foriegners pay $101,000 annually for a 3 bedroom and $34,000 for selfcon.
Y u 2 dey lie like dis, e good 4 ur eye?? 101,000 thasand dallas 4 rent fr one year, lets say dollar is 250,dats 25million oh.. Oga face front

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by abouzaid: 7:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
onitsha remains the cheapest city in the country.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by chimax81(f): 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
How's rent in calabar?
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Ndipe(m): 3:18am On Jun 21, 2016
forgiveness:

grin dey dere dey Wetin u no sabi. grin

P/h is still small pikin I say small pikin when you compare house rent with Lagos. grin

All those G. R. A in p/h are small pikin area for some mainland areas in Lagos. Those are the places you can compare with G. R. A in P/h.

grin I know say una go fear fear. grin

What do you expect when you hear say billionaires, multi millionaires, expatriates, oil companies workers etc are residing in Lasgidi? grin no be mere commission in Saraki's voice dey live 4 Ikoyi ooooo. Hehehe!

As for the 35m per annum, Ok, oya see with ya eyes.

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/ikoyi/showtype?bedrooms=2

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/ikeja/showtype?bedrooms=2

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/surulere/showtype?bedrooms=2

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/lekki/showtype?bedrooms=2

https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/victoria-island/showtype?bedrooms=2

Very expensive.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Baroba(m): 6:42am On Jun 21, 2016
Themandator:

I once lived in a one bedroom apartment in Calabar outskirts :Scanobo. My yearly rent was 220k... Excluding everything you mentioned.

Na wah, how can average folks survive in this country.. God help us..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Baroba(m): 6:48am On Jun 21, 2016
kuuljay:
He is a lucky guy, I live in enugu and I tell you that house is very cheap

Am talking towards Nike area that is still been developed, not Trans Ekulu central.. I have no qualms paying by the grace of God, but it made me think of all the poor civil servants with kids on less than 30k a month.. crooked politicians and their croonies are driving property prices up in 042..
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Baroba(m): 6:55am On Jun 21, 2016
Kgdavid:

What of the money you make in UK? A burger flipper in the Uk can pay a burger flipper in Nigeria 10 times over, to be his personal burger flipper at home. No be so?

Gerrarrahia mehn

I agree with you, you can't compare sorry though UK prices are expensive, the difference is that even people doing menial jobs can hustle up deposit to get a mortgage.. The only issue you might be tied up to a 25 yr mortgage.. Imagine if you get one in your 40s ( which I have seen BTW) you will be working well into your 60s before you can call that house your own.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
As a property manager and one who has visited many Nigerian cities, I did a research/survey and came out with the result of the top 5 cities in Nigeria where one would need to belt himself/herself very well before renting an apartment! This survey was carried out with the accommodation costs of houses/apartments found in condusive environments or areas characterized with the usual facilities that are found in an average African city. By this, this survey did not cover rural areas (villages), please.

1) ABUJA: In terms of the cost of renting an apartment, be it flat, self-con or bed-sitter, Abuja (the main city), is a place where you really need to eat 'bellefull' before doing that. This can really reduce your savings to a frustrating amount! It's in places like Maitama that you would see a one-bedroom flat that goes for 1million Naira!!! Any landlord/house agent who puts up same house for that amount in Benin-City is surely an 'Enemy of Progress' grin Are we buying the house? It's because of this that made many residents of Abuja to move to surburbs or outskirts of the city.

2) LAGOS: I discovered that most of the mini-flats in Lagos mainland are above 300k a year. You can get this same apartment, even with better facilities and in a more serene environment, at half the price, in Akure. When I saw the bed-sitter a friend of mine paid for at Oregun for 10k monthly, I wept!!!

3) WARRI: This would have come after Port-Harcourt but it seems as if some house owners here think everyone is scooping crude oil from the ground since it's called the 'Oil City'. Sometimes, mini-flats go for as high as 18k monthly!!! 3 bedroom flats in good environments can cost 480k-500k per year; sometimes, 600k.

4) PORT-HARCOURT: Rentage in PH City is not too different from what's obtainable in Warri.

5) ENUGU: Sometimes, a bed-sitter that's so small to an extent where you won't even have enough space to stretch your hands in the morning without knocking off things in your room, could go for as high as 100k-110k per year! Even places like Obiagu and Artisan!!! The rentage cost of 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom flats in places like Loma Linda/Independence Layout/GRA, can make an unemployed man die before his time!!! wink

Compiled by Rapmoney

A standard one room self contained in Unuahia capital of Abia is between 90,000 and 160,000. I have seen 130,000 and 160,000 in that small town.

2 bedroom flat is N300,000 for newly built houses. No bargain. I dont think Enugu is costlier than that.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
kunlesufyan:

250k ...I'm presently in a self contain that's not even in the main town ,I paid 80k
There's water sha

Uyo is cheap and you dey talk.

Have seen a one room self in Umauhia for N130,000 without light and water.

Some tenants dey mumu shaa.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
kunlesufyan:

Aswear...lemme ask you ,whc is more profitable ..building a house or shops to rent out?

Shops are cheaper to build. Just carcass and plastering with 1 iron door. No need for water.

That should be more profitable than houses.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
chigoizie7:
Me, I have no idea of all these places una d mention.

But awka gat no chills.

Can u imagine a 1bedroom flat going @ 400k in Ngozika? 2bedroom flats @ 450k @ udoka. Around 600k for 2bedroom flats @ ngozika, let me forget about 3bedroom flats. Awka as a whole is fvckingly expensive in terms of rent. In student environment a room that is not upto 9ft by 9ft is around 120-150k, it is not as if water is guaranteed 247 oh,
These people are just mean

Common, 9ft by 9ft is wicked.

I ensure my tenants get 12ft by 10ft. Or at least 11 by 10..

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by DOD1: 10:46am On Jun 25, 2016
kunlesufyan:

250k ...I'm presently in a self contain that's not even in the main town ,I paid 80k
There's water sha
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by DaCharis2016: 4:40am On Jul 23, 2016
kuuljay:
He is a lucky guy, I live in enugu and I tell you that house is very cheap
JESUS! AND AM TINKIN OF RELOCATING TO ENUGU FRM LAGOS.

TELL ME MORE ABOUT ENUGU ECONOMICAL SURVIVAL

AND WHATS YA SUGGESTIONS PLZ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light / Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos / Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.