Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent (36913 Views)

Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed Dumps APC, Accuses Buhari Of Incompetence, Corruption / Constitution Amendment: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent / 2016 Budget Palaver: Presidency Gives Fresh Conditions For Assent (2) (3) (4)

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by tomakint: 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
redcliff:

Bros i swear. That guy wont reply you again.. you knocked him out technically in a technical knockout. Lmao!
You make me laugh.....I have replied him already undecided
Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by kayroy5(m): 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
Bukola saraki is playing with Python. Oya let go there.
Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by isholex: 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
MadCow1:
Rubbish..

They want to remove the Presidents Veto Powers.. So that they can control the Presidency like a Dog and have their selfish ways whenever they please.

Fhuck Em to Death,
tru talk my broda d@ exactly the manipulation dey re upto.
Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by isholex: 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
CFCman:
I'm in support of this move.

In a presidential system of government, the power to give effect to constitutional amendments should lie squarely on the National Assembly and the state Houses of Assembly, like it's done in the US.

A man/woman shouldn't have the unilateral power to decide when an amendment takes effect.
so u wanna compare the orientation of U.S executive to dis of our Senathieves.
Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by blackpanda: 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
elisra:
the senate is a place where decisions can be made through dialogues and debates and where reason can defeat sentiments,imagine one bloody man discarding the confab reports?
The Roman senate and the Greek senate comes to mind where leonidas have to give concrete reasons why he should be given soldiers.
I dream of the day the senate will summon president and make him tremble,summon ministers,police,military personnels and security chieves and make them shiver before the people's representatives.
So in my opinion,greater power to the senate(people)

You have a warped understanding of how govt works. What u wrote is both impractical, unreaslistic and extremely dangerous. "Senate" is not the "people". If I ask u the name of ur senator now I bet u dont even know. Ok ask him or her when last they visited constituency? Most likely once a year!

There is no one arm of govt thats greater than the other. Even in old roman empire, there were checks and balances
Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by elisra(m): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
blackpanda:

You have a warped understanding of how govt works. What u wrote is both impractical, unreaslistic and extremely dangerous. "Senate" is not the "people". If I ask u the name of ur senator now I bet u dont even know. Ok ask him or her when last they visited constituency? Most likely once a year!

There is no one arm of govt thats greater than the other. Even in old roman empire, there were checks and balances
if the senate is not the people,is it the president that is the people?

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by blackpanda: 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
elisra:
if the senate is not the people,is it the president that is the people?

Both have their functions in a democratic society.

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by meshinoye(m): 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
It appears as if our senators don't understand the requirements for the amendment of 1999 constitution. It is a must the the President should assent the amendment bill. It is if and only if the President assent to a bill that makes it an Act.

Even if the National Assembly veto a bill, the presidency has the power to nullify it through the Supreme Court(ofcouse the President approves the appointment of the CJ so u know what it means).

The executive may decided not to executive an Act and makes it useless with an injunction from SC to set such bill aside pending the forever Supreme Court ruling.
Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by Joelchris(m): 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
Do we actually need the National assembly, since their Main purpose has been defeated... They suppose to be our voices but are now self seeking bunch of thief.. I think they should scrap them
Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by elisra(m): 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2016
blackpanda:

the only dangerous thing is allowing so much power in the hands of one man.

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by Pavarottii(m): 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2016
talk2alabama:
U see, the problem of Nigeria is it's senate.
How?
Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by justy15: 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
the senate business requires brilliant and experience men like ike ekweremadu n co. like someone rightly pointed out that the senate is a place where superior arguments superceed sentiment, they know their onions and I expect them to do more to be the true representative of the people

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
Pls strip him of entering plane. His travel travel don tire us.

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
tomakint:

Why so serious and feeling giddy over what I already knew is brewing up? Why the lectures when you fail to educate your leaders on the importance of rule of law and respect for human rights in the face of judgment in a law court which Buhari is flagrantly violating? Why write me an epistle when you are not blind to see that Buhari is running a rudderless government. So you know section 69 this much and you are not as well familiar that the current constitution is under review which may tamper with Buhari's autocratic tendencies. I am never a fan of this 8th Senate headed by Saraki (those who know me here will tell you that) I am only surprised at your myopic attributes in the face of deep matters. Leave it or take it, Buhari is heading for the rocks except he face the nitty gritty of the matter - run a people-oriented government and watch everything fall in place. Be wise and stop being cunning and emotional.

Dude stfu! You don't make any sense! The dude that replied you completely took your dvmb a55 to the cleaners! Just stfu and learn! Okponu

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by sweetgala(m): 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
poseidon12:
Sounds good to me. If an amendment is passed by 2/3 majority in the Senate, House of Representatives, and the Houses of Assembly in the states, that should mean that the vast majority of Nigerians want it. Why should we now allow one man to veto its passage. Government is supposed to reflect the wishes of the vast majority of the people, not the wishes of one man.

Politicians don't play in the arena of the majority of Nigerian , one would have hoped you clearly understood that
Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by One1after: 11:37pm On Jun 20, 2016
Nickydrake:

I have tried hard, but it has proved impossible to rationalize the destructive mix of ignorance and partisanship represented by the comment above.

If you had read the report, or at any rate, if you had had it explained to you by any five-year-old in your neighbourhood, it would have been apparent to you that what those thieving louts in the senate propose is not an attack on Mr. Buhari himself, who you may not be particularly fond of; it is a less than subtle affront on the principle of checks and balances, which ranks among the principal pillars of democratic government.

Your elected representatives have put the cutter to the marble, chipping stealthily but steadily at the very foundations of the Constitution they swore to protect, and you say that you are loving it. How well do you imagine you will love it two years from now when, emboldened by the ignorant support and constructive complicity of idjits like you, the National Assembly ensures that the presidential veto is gone altogether, along with section 69 of the constitution as it now stands, and any other provision which presents an obstacle to their unbridled avarice?

Ah. Just as I thought. You haven't the slightest idea what section 69 is about do you? Do you have any idea what anything is about? Are you so blinded by your own bias that you do not know it when the rug is being pulled from under your feet and those of your children?

I don't understand this.

Lmaoook. Abeg take it easy on the old man Tomakint

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by tomakint: 11:37pm On Jun 20, 2016
ayoolanr:

Dude stfu! You don't make any sense! The dude that replied you completely took your dvmb a55 to the cleaners! Just stfu and learn! Okponu
cheesy cheesy you need to die and be reborn 7 times to really understand my submissions... ...cleaners? shocked see me see wahala on top "soup of emotions" you are a clown

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by Sirdayor(m): 11:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
Abeymills:
Pls u people should do that as soon as possible dis Daura President tyrant is playing god somebody should make him understand dat dis is democracy n dauracracy bubuhari zombies hw far

I wish you understand the implications. If you because of Daura president make such amendments, what happens if the man is out of the position?
'Lot of Nigerian youth are just short sighted. What a country!!

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by One1after: 11:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
tomakint:

cheesy cheesy you need to die and be reborn 7 times to really understand my submissions... ...cleaners? shocked see me see wahala on top "soup of emotions" you are a clown

Go sit down jor, den don disgrace you as usual. E pain am. Lmaoool

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by tomakint: 11:57pm On Jun 20, 2016
One1after:

Go sit down jor, den don disgrace you as usual. E pain am. Lmaoool
Who is this follow follow Mr no direction? You better face front.....

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by One1after: 12:01am On Jun 21, 2016
tomakint:

Who is this follow follow Mr no direction? You better face front.....

Get away jor, you have been disgraced here. Go and cry as usual, buhahahaaha. That guy really make you suffer, old men really dey suffer for this forum.

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by tomakint: 12:03am On Jun 21, 2016
One1after:

Get away jor, you have been disgraced here. Go and cry as usual, buhahahaaha. That guy really make you suffer, old men really dey suffer for this forum.
OK go on, I am listening grin cheesy

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by One1after: 12:08am On Jun 21, 2016
tomakint:

OK go on, I am listening grin cheesy

Go and cry for that corner of your Kiosk room. Lmaooooo. Lwkmd.

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by Ratello: 12:11am On Jun 21, 2016
One1after:

Go and cry for that corner of your Kiosk room. Lmaooooo. Lwkmd.
Childish and unnecessary it seems you are even the one in pains here. Just not good for your health. cool

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 21, 2016
tomakint:

Uncle pls keep shut!!
Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by tomakint: 12:15am On Jun 21, 2016
ayoolanr:

Uncle pls keep shut!!
Who is your Uncle? When you have brain and you refused to use it is that my problem? The issue at stake is grave yet your old self is busy calling a "fellow forumite" you don't know uncle. Is that how low you've been subjected to in your intellectual capacity?

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by One1after: 12:16am On Jun 21, 2016
Ratello:

Childish and unnecessary it seems you are even the one in pains here. Just not good for your health. cool

Who is this one? Who call you for matter, get away and stop splashing spit on me. Me and Tomakint don dey here teytey so get lost with your nonsense.

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by One1after: 12:18am On Jun 21, 2016
tomakint:

Who is your Uncle? When you have brain and you refused to use it is that my problem? The issue at stake is grave yet your old self is busy calling a "fellow forumite" you don't know uncle. Is that how low you've been subjected to in your intellectual capacity?

Lol Tomakint, you be Uncle yes or no?

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by tomakint: 12:19am On Jun 21, 2016
One1after:

Lol Tomakint, you be Uncle yes or no?
Uncle to whom?
Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by One1after: 12:21am On Jun 21, 2016
tomakint:

Uncle to whom?

Lol. You know as e dey go nah.

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by Ratello: 12:22am On Jun 21, 2016
One1after:

Who is this one? Who call you for matter, get away and stop splashing spit on me. Me and Tomakint don dey here teytey so get lost with your nonsense.
I have a feeling you are not properly raised, the debate is more of intellectual reasoning with the way it was going until your unnecessary ad hominem on a faceless forum. Are you alright?

Re: Senate To Strip Buhari Of Power Of Assent by kennycalls(m): 12:24am On Jun 21, 2016
keep forming your own parallel government.. bitches

Buhari Nominates Emefiele For Second Term As CBN Governor / El-Rufai Bans Religious Protests In Kaduna / Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State