Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

Pastors In The House: Please: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors In The House: Please: (763 Views)

Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back / Forbes: The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors In The House: Please: by kunle93: 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2009
"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

I was reading through my Bible this afternoon and this particular verse got me thinking, I really need to understand the depth of what the bible is saying here, Scholars and Pastors in the house, you r attention is needed on this thread.
Re: Pastors In The House: Please: by JeSoul(f): 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2009
Hi Kunle,

I'm not a pastor smiley but I'll try. Here is the NLT version of that scripture (Gal 2:16) which is written in modern english and is more like a paraphrase of the KJV:

"Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law.

Hope that helps.
Re: Pastors In The House: Please: by kunle93: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2009
@JeSoul,

I really do appreciate this, you know what I'm thinking, I'm just concerned about our faith in Jesus Christ and the sinful nature of man kind. Based on what the scripture says here, does it mean as long as we have faith in Jesus Christ then we wouldnt be judge based on the law,  or what do you think??
Re: Pastors In The House: Please: by JeSoul(f): 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2009
kunle93:

@JeSoul,

I really do appreciate this, you know what I'm thinking, I'm just concerned about our faith in Jesus Christ and the sinful nature of man kind. Based on what the scripture says here, does it mean as long as we have faith in Jesus Christ then we wouldnt be judge based on the law, or what do you think??

Yes my brother and that is one the most beautiful things about faith & God's grace - we can do nothing to earn it and we can do nothing to keep it! it is given to us freely and we receive it by faith and this faith is "not even of ourselves" but grows as Christ works in our hearts.

Our sins (committed in the past and to be committed in the future) will never be held against us - it was always impossible for us to keep the Law because of our sinful nature. The purpose of the Law was to show us how sinful we are and point us to Christ - beyond that it has little meaning or application for us christians today. Christ then gave a new system for justification based solely on faith - not on good works or empty works of 'righteousness'. Which is why we are so blessed to be living in these times of grace.

So yes you're right on, we "wouldnt be judge based on the law" but instead justified based on our faith in Christ.
Re: Pastors In The House: Please: by kunle93: 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2009
WOW you just made my day, thank you so much. God bless you real good my brother. One more thing, how can we be sure we have faith in Jesus??
Does it depend on the following :

1) Our relationship with God

2) How we read the Scriptures

3) The way we relate with people;

I hope I'm not taking much of your precious time to answer my questions, Its because i noticed you are born of God and I could always rely on your explanations.
Re: Pastors In The House: Please: by JeSoul(f): 7:01pm On Sep 01, 2009
kunle93:

WOW you just made my day, thank you so much. God bless you real good my brother. One more thing, how can we be sure we have faith in Jesus??
Does it depend on the following :

1) Our relationship with God

2) How we read the Scriptures

3) The way we relate with people;

I hope I'm not taking much of your precious time to answer my questions, Its because i noticed you are born of God and I could always rely on your explanations.

its sister oh my brother lol smiley and no you're def no "taking up my time" . . . infact I find Nairaland most useful and profitable when I can discuss with people like you  kiss

So how can we be sure we have true faith in Christ? The 3 things you listed are definitely at the core of the faith.

-Relationship with God: Our relationship with God is most evident in the way we interact with the world. Does the way we live our lives show a hunger and thirst for the things of God? do we watch evil and immoral things without feeling guilt? do we dress appropriately? is our speech seasoned with salt and edifying to those who listen? do we "stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of scoffers"? do we rejoice at righteous acts? and burn at injustice?

-How we read the Scriptures: are we diligent and prudent and dedicated students of the bible? do we rightly divide the word and not hold back from speaking its truth even when it is unpopular? do we spend considerable time reading and reflecting? - this is one area I've been struggling in recently, finding the time to devote to digging into the word faithfully.

and finally

-The way we relate with people (and more specifically, christians):  Jesus said "they will know you are my disciples by your love for one another". Do we love, cherish and pray for our fellow christians? do we bear their burderns as though it were ours? do we give our time, finances, open up our homes for others? The other day I found out one of my neighbors was a christian, I was so thrilled and since then have been looking for opportunities to do something nice for them simply because they are christians.

In addition, I always refer to the book of 1 John as the "test your faith" book because it lists a series of questions and tests to use in determining if indeed we are of the faith. Hope this was useful, stay blessed my dear.
Re: Pastors In The House: Please: by kunle93: 8:47pm On Sep 01, 2009
Sorry If I may ask, do you belong to any church choir??
Re: Pastors In The House: Please: by JeSoul(f): 9:01pm On Sep 01, 2009
kunle93:

Sorry If I may ask, do you belong to any church choir??

uhm nah, I'm not presently in any choir. But I am a musician.
Re: Pastors In The House: Please: by Pygru: 2:01am On Aug 16, 2013
JeSoul:

uhm nah, I'm not presently in any choir. But I am a musician.
shocked
Re: Pastors In The House: Please: by bizmahn: 5:26am On Aug 16, 2013
JeSoul:

Yes my brother and that is one the most beautiful things about faith & God's grace - we can do nothing to earn it and we can do nothing to keep it! it is given to us freely and we receive it by faith and this faith is "not even of ourselves" but grows as Christ works in our hearts.

Our sins (committed in the past and to be committed in the future) will never be held against us
Behold how the good lady Jesoul "unwittingly" misled a soul all the way back in 2009 with the GREATEST ERRONOUS SCRIPTURAL INTERPRETATION destroying christianity & now producing the foulest character flawed ever existing christians since church history.
Works of the law in that scripture simply means the the ceremonial laws of the old testament have been done away with and not, I repeat not the MORAL LAWS.Ceremonial laws e.g animal sacrifices etc.Moral laws that demand we keep from sin and that wilful & unrepented sin will be punished are still obligatory.
Even if you only believe that you are justified by faith in Jesus alone.Don't you know beloved in christ that faith in Jesus requires TOTAL OBEDIENCE to the commandments of Jesus which in SUMMARY is RIGHTEOUSNESS,PURITY within & without.In fact its a call to be like Jesus & our Father God here on earth.The commandments or moral requirements of Jesus Christ before we are justified far excels the old testament moral requirement.Jesus added to it when he spoke that not just to kill but even unjustified anger,not just adultery but even eye lust... etc etc... are all damnable sins before God matt.5:21-48.He finally commanded us to be perfect as God is perfect.FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD james 2:20-26.
How do you then say our sins commited in the future will not be held against us.This is called an express LICENCE TO SIN.For anyone that hears this will make little or no effort to resist & defeat fiery temptations & lusts the enemy fires against christians.The new testament is FILLED TO THE BRIM with warnings for those that WILFULLY SIN after they have known christ including the warning that it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than after they knew it turn away... 2pet.2:21.This is exceeding great error.If you are making plans to sin in present or future with hopes that you FAITH in Jesus will save you then you are in for a big surprise both now & in the end.

1 Like

Re: Pastors In The House: Please: by enilove(m): 6:53am On Aug 16, 2013
bizmahn:
Behold how the good lady Jesoul "unwittingly" misled a soul all the way back in 2009 with the GREATEST ERRONOUS SCRIPTURAL INTERPRETATION destroying christianity & now producing the foulest character flawed ever existing christians since church history.
Works of the law in that scripture simply means the the ceremonial laws of the old testament have been done away with and not, I repeat not the MORAL LAWS.Ceremonial laws e.g animal sacrifices etc.Moral laws that demand we keep from sin and that wilful & unrepented sin will be punished are still obligatory.
Even if you only believe that you are justified by faith in Jesus alone.Don't you know beloved in christ that faith in Jesus requires TOTAL OBEDIENCE to the commandments of Jesus which in SUMMARY is RIGHTEOUSNESS,PURITY within & without.In fact its a call to be like Jesus & our Father God here on earth.The commandments or moral requirements of Jesus Christ before we are justified far excels the old testament moral requirement.Jesus added to it when he spoke that not just to kill but even unjustified anger,not just adultery but even eye lust... etc etc... are all damnable sins before God matt.5:21-48.He finally commanded us to be perfect as God is perfect.FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD james 2:20-26.
How do you then say our sins commited in the future will not be held against us.This is called an express LICENCE TO SIN.For anyone that hears this will make little or no effort to resist & defeat fiery temptations & lusts the enemy fires against christians.The new testament is FILLED TO THE BRIM with warnings for those that WILFULLY SIN after they have known christ including the warning that it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than after they knew it turn away... 2pet.2:21.This is exceeding great error.If you are making plans to sin in present or future with hopes that you FAITH in Jesus will save you then you are in for a big surprise both now & in the end.

God bless you.

I hope he will believe you and read his Bible.
Re: Pastors In The House: Please: by Pygru: 8:53am On Aug 16, 2013
bizmahn:
Word!
Re: Pastors In The House: Please: by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2013
"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

The law is only a formalized guide to the will of God, slavish obedience to the law cannot please God as it is incomplete and can be manipulated by any serious person. A careful study will also reveal that even those who don't believe in God find it easy to fulfill the law. To this end, the law for the people of God is like a minimum constitution.

Faith However required that you believe in God, and he is the ultimate paymaster

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

This implies that we seek to exceed the law with love, righteous fruitfulness and the will of God as a trademark (John 13:34, 15:5-18)

(1) (Reply)

A Verse A Day / Miracles Are Still Real 2 (a Psychic Discovers Jesus) / Why We Were Created

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.