Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss (8187 Views)

How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by sukkot: 7:18am On Jun 23, 2016
eph12:
I can't work in a place where there is a huge difference between the boss and the supposed nearest in authority.
what do you mean ? explain yasef
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Lacoolmley: 7:18am On Jun 23, 2016
In my opinion, I feel your boss is trying to build you to be a better Engineer. Believe me if he was shouting at you out of hate, he would have fired you a long time ago. Many people say all sorts of things when "pleading" for a job but when they get one and face few challenges they start complaining about condition of service, no time for themselves, bla bla bla. When you become an employer, you will appreciate him more.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by eph12(m): 7:20am On Jun 23, 2016
sukkot:
what do you mean ? explain yasef
The CEO/oga very rich and the GM or whoever has nothing to show for all his/her efforts.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by sukkot: 7:22am On Jun 23, 2016
eph12:

The CEO/oga very rich and the GM or whoever has nothing to show for all his/her efforts.
maybe the GM spends all his money on olosho tongue
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by mesheikh(m): 7:26am On Jun 23, 2016
Beta start looking for a beta job bro
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by darkenkach(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2016
Holluwatarhyor:
thanks bro,but he tends to be killing my morale,I just hope I find a better option soon and leave him.

I love working with nagging people, they get the best out of me.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by eph12(m): 7:46am On Jun 23, 2016
sukkot:
maybe the GM spends all his money on olosho tongue
Lol.. Maybe not.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by monerozi5590: 7:47am On Jun 23, 2016
chi4ik4:
my boss feels that without him, we cannot feed, he want to worship him like God, he even insult my late parents, but the only thing I'm doing is yes sir, no sir. I don't ague, I only say sorry sir, ok sir, yes sir, no Sir. employ these and improve on your deficiencies. for me, I have decided to be self employed v soon
...don't say yes sir when ur boss insult ur late parents.....
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by toprealman: 8:26am On Jun 23, 2016
Clone2020:
Do your job right the first time and he won't spot any mistakes. You know you have a nagging boss so put in more effort to turn in a good job so he doesn't find any mistakes. There's no other way around it unless you want to resign and find another job.
Sadly, someone who nags will always complain regardless of what you do and how well you do it.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by onlynaija: 8:36am On Jun 23, 2016
It's all about mindset. I have worked under such bosses before. In the first case, he only nags on other workers but never nagged at me but once. I am a good listener but at the same time is extremely touched by the feelings of others. He calls me his friend and wants me to be with the company for long. One day, I came to work, and told him that I am stopping. He was shocked, but because I came for training there and he saw how I gave in my best to the job. He asked me to return once I was done with my final year examination. I never did. He had tried at least twice to bring me back, but I understand my weakness and never obliged to it. The second boss was fine but always complain to me about what this one did and never did well coupled with the temptation in the job. One day, I went to his house due to my relationship with him and resigned. He can't believe it.
Currently, I work less hours and with God's factor that had been my secret, I do not fall below four times what the later boss paid me. I still have my relationship with them, but I am now my own boss following my passion.
Remember, a boss is a boss and if you want to be your own boss, dare at least what you know that they are daring.

1 Like

Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by sorepco(m): 8:39am On Jun 23, 2016
Y dont u start creating a database of clients and networking and getting work on your own accord.
Whenever you feel like you are set to go.....tell ur present boss he should double your pay as well as giving you commissions on jobs done.
Dont querrel him as you might need a recommendation from him in future.

Holluwatarhyor:
I'm a civil engineer,and I work in a one man business coy.I graduated with distinction in osun state college of technology (esa oke) civil engineering department.I've been working with my boss for two years now and nothing to show for it,but I'm still enduring because of some promises he has been making.But what pisses me off most times is his nagging nature,he doesn't appreciate anything one does for him.
I prepare and calculate for materials that'll be used on site,go to site for supervision,keep records of account,he only comes to site occassionally,and whenever he comes,he'll always see one mistake or the other,despite the fact that the clients are always appreciating the workdone by my workers on site.it's not like he's paying me salary,I'll call it allowance,because I can't say 35,000naira is anything to write home about in the present economic situation of Nigeria,and he even owes me some salaries.
I need your advice great people,I'm tired of working with him,I'm looking at standing on my own,but no connection.I believe be's just trying to tie me down with his empty promises,I have site experience,I can interprete plan and prepare bills.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by hertz9te(m): 8:47am On Jun 23, 2016
Gpopsicle:
op,ma candid advice is dt u stay put and endure.u never kan tell he s testing ur patience and besides he likes u Buh dosent want to show it.

in ds present economic quagmire,a thousand and one unemployed graduates re praying to b n ds kind of situation of urs. u may not value wat u have until u loose it.stay dere and garner more job experiences before opting out and u know as a civil engineer,acquisition of practical skills re of utmost necessity and d only place u kan get dt is n small coys..

Thanks.
definately your boss is a yoruba man,i can tell...he is using you..patience gets you no where with those kind of people,,dump him,trust me you'll survive
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by idyjoe2u(m): 8:52am On Jun 23, 2016
Well, for everything there is a season, success is a process and I believe his training you the hard way, I believe in all of this you will give thanks to him someday. you may not understand it now, sometimes soilders are trained wilder than what they expect to see when engaged in war/combat,this help them face the struggle sqarely, gain victory stay alive which is a success story
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Pastev1(m): 8:53am On Jun 23, 2016
my dear tnx 4 sharn ur mind here! let thos days b ur yrs of apprenticeship , giv urself a target either months or a year 2 learn more n discover d secret of d biz, ther afta, putdwn ur resignation. at dat point he (ur boss) wil den knw n value ur wrk. remmba in all 2 God in prayer...
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Amhappy(f): 9:13am On Jun 23, 2016
Holluwatarhyor:
thanks for the advice,but all the artisans that have been working with him for so many years before I joined him,always complain about him,they all say the same thing about him whenever they are telling me about their relationship with him.Bricklayer,plumber,electrician,carpenter,iron bender and the rest,they all said they've not achieved anything through him unlike other engineers they work for,and that has been sending some signals to me.
I was told he sweet talks his past engineers also,but they didn't achieve anything through him, I'm just scared of wasting my time with him.

I also work for a man like this and have wasted 5yrs. I have decided to move on,this the second time I am making that decision. The first time he sweet talked me into giving him another chance. Such people never change. Start looking for connection now.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by alujonjonkijon: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2016
probe his sex life.how many cums does he have in a week?.this is usually the cause of nagging/unsocial behaviour and applies to male and female bosses.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by KingAfo(m): 9:50am On Jun 23, 2016
just keep quiet and smile...dont trust anybody ..he might have informant
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Panshow(m): 10:38am On Jun 23, 2016
Don't be afraid to resign Bro. You may suffer for a while. But it'll pay off. If you continue to work with him, you'll continue to have nothing to show for it.
If you resign, your brain will be forced to think creatively.
Stop slaving yourself, you're better than this.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Ogamgil(f): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2016
My only advise for u is to leave the job but before you leave give him a piece of your mind then walk out. Am talking from my own experience because if you keep workonh for a person who demoralises you it's degerious for you Cus you will keep loosing your self worth and confidence. Don't worry about getting a better job just take the bold step first then pray and search for a good job that will give you rest of mind and make you happy. Best of luck.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by kajoula(m): 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2016
Gpopsicle:
op,ma candid advice is dt u stay put and endure.u never kan tell he s testing ur patience and besides he likes u Buh dosent want to show it. .

He's not testing anything, (wicked animals) Private company owners are like that....Agitating to achieve 1m with 35k+wokers effort at the detriment of their staff's health and emotions.
Just because we live in country where nothing is checked and they (Private company owner) will always feel they are doing you favour meanwhile he also needs your service and you need his pay....but the truth is that there are 1001 people willing to assume your work position.

I'l simply advice that you
* Stay focused to your assignments, you might never know who is watching.
* Read motivational books to re-energise your spirit
* Pretend to be a better staff,even if you are not and even do more than what you are assigned to do.
* Forget every promises made by your Boss..its simply a "Mirror Effect" trick to hold you down with the said penny/salary.
* Always remember that ..."EXPECTATIONS IS THE ROOT OF ALL HEARTACHE"
* Be on the look-out for a better Job.
* Pray, Pray and Pray.......YOU SHALL BE A GREAT PERSON.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by charlsecy(m): 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
Gpopsicle:
...u never kan tell he s testing ur patience..
Holluwatarhyor:
I've been working with my boss for two years now and nothing to show for it
Patience testers. Even the boss himself get plenty patience for him to have the patience to be testing an employee's patience for 2 years.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by abdoolorunwa(m): 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
Holluwatarhyor:
I'm a civil engineer,and I work in a one man business coy.I graduated with distinction in osun state college of technology (esa oke) civil engineering department.I've been working with my boss for two years now and nothing to show for it,but I'm still enduring because of some promises he has been making.But what pisses me off most times is his nagging nature,he doesn't appreciate anything one does for him.
I prepare and calculate for materials that'll be used on site,go to site for supervision,keep records of account,he only comes to site occassionally,and whenever he comes,he'll always see one mistake or the other,despite the fact that the clients are always appreciating the workdone by my workers on site.it's not like he's paying me salary,I'll call it allowance,because I can't say 35,000naira is anything to write home about in the present economic situation of Nigeria,and he even owes me some salaries.
I need your advice great people,I'm tired of working with him,I'm looking at standing on my own,but no connection.I believe be's just trying to tie me down with his empty promises,I have site experience,I can interprete plan and prepare bills.
OP.
THESE SORT OF BOSSES MAY POSE AS ONES WHO BRINGS DOWN UR MORALE BUT ON THE CONTRARY, THEY BUILD U FOR FUTURE CHALLENGES. OF COURSE U CANT SERVE HIM FOREVER, TRY TO IGNORE SOME OF THE NAGGINGS AND USE CUSTOMERS APPRAISALS TO BOOST UR MORALE IN THE WORK U DO, USE THEIR PRAISES TO NULLIFY HIS NAGGING. BE A LIZARD THAT FALLS FROM A HEIGHT AND PRAISES ITSELF. SOMEDAY IT'LL BE A STORY TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. BUT REMEMBER THIS SACRIFICE TODAY, AND HONOR UR BOSS FOR U WILL BE SOMEONE ELSES BOSS TOMORROW AS U SO DESIRE. U DONT PLANT YAM AND HARVEST CASSAVA, WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Engineermbugame(m): 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
Lol,my bro u sound familiar o.some engineer are like dat in many occasion.d only place u will get connection is true ur boss.try to be faithful wit ur clients and hardworking .one day GOD will make a way for u.(ndidi bu ogwu uwa)
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Holluwatarhyor(m): 11:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
Thanks to you all for your advice,really appreciate.
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by dahme147(m): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2016
Exactly what i did to my present nagging boss,who doesn't appreciate anything u do and very hard to please.....just pretend like ur listening when his yelling,stop smiling unnecessarily with him when his in a happy mood, do ur best on site and open ur eyes for a new job offer...You will be his favourite and he will surely miss u when u get another job
bobbykeen:
just keep quite and watch him talk...

note: do as if were listening...

that's all..

he might actually like u or maybe he feels being challenged by ur skills ... just keep quite and continue your goodwork
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by Holluwatarhyor(m): 6:28am On Jul 24, 2016
Hello my good people.My boss travelled to USA and gave me 25,000naira before leaving,he went with the wife,he hasn't paid me for two months despite the fact I worked tiredlessly for him on site,only for him to give me 25,000naira before leaving,and he expects me to continue working for him when he comes back.

I've made up my mind not to work for him again,I'm currently applying to other companies.When he comes back,I'll just tell him I'm engaged somewhere else for him to free me or what do you think I should do?
Re: What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss by careercrew1: 9:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
Holluwatarhyor:
Hello my good people.My boss travelled to USA and gave me 25,000naira before leaving,he went with the wife,he hasn't paid me for two months despite the fact I worked tiredlessly for him on site,only for him to give me 25,000naira before leaving,and he expects me to continue working for him when he comes back.

I've made up my mind not to work for him again,I'm currently applying to other companies.When he comes back,I'll just tell him I'm engaged somewhere else for him to free me or what do you think I should do?
I understand what you are going through. .. This is why I always advice people to evaluate their career.. Visit my career blog regularly and know how to evaluate your career and stop being a corporate slave.

Visit www.careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/how-to-evaluate-your-career.html?m=0

You can also learn how to deal with an angry or nagging boss via www.careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/how-to-deal-with-angry-boss.html?m=0

You can check my NL profile for my twitter handle and follow me if you wish. .i follow back too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Civil Servants Expect Kickbacks For Doing Their Normal Jobs? / How To Help Your Lawyer Win Your Case / Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.