Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,050 members, 7,835,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! (2498 Views)

Do Guys Actually Like Slim Girls? / 6 Reasons Why Slim Girls Will Always Look Better(photos) / Why Most Slim Girls Will Always Remain Single!!!! UPDATED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2016
It's high time I spoke up about this very very annoying phenomenon that has plagued me and many others since childhood, and shows no signs of ending anytime soon.

There is a terrible misconception that it is impolite, extremely rude and very offensive to body-shame a woman who's overweight, but it's very okay to do the same to a woman who's slim.

I don't even understand; I won't ever meet a fat lady and tell her, ‘Ahahn you need to eat less' or ‘you're too fat, watch what you eat nah' or ‘you're shopping, can you find your size' or ‘you're just a bag of fat, can't you work out' and mean things like that.....

But it's very okay for that fat woman or anybody else to casually tell me ‘you're just a bag of bones, why are you starving yourself, abi you're now anorexic ehn, you think you're a model, better go and eat and put on some flesh, you that you're tiny can you find your size of clothes, oh I'm happy you're on holiday I hope you put on some weight so you'll stop looking unhealthy, ah lol see you looking like broomstick/toothpick' and all other sorts of nonsense that's just soooo offensive.

Are we the ones that don't have feelings?

The other day I saw a thread created to body-shame a miss Nairaland contestant, and simply because of that, I pledged my vote to her.
It's so annoying, and sometimes gan you'll hear ‘real women have curves' Wtf? So we with non-prominent curves are not real? We are just figments of your imagination?

Please before you make any rude comments about a slim girl you know, try and consider her feelings, and the fact that many of us have been facing such harsh criticism since we were very young. I myself am not particularly skinny; I'm 57kg and 5'9". But still I get body-shamed.

Please spread the word; I hope I have been able to educate somebody through this write-up...

P.S.: If you can feel beautiful being big, I can feel beautiful being small.
Thanks
Noëlla.
smiley

cc lalasticlala push this so that as many people who read this, will learn and have a change of heart; thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by slim19(m): 7:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
I honestly didn't learn anything

1 Like

Re: Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
You failed woefully to communicate your points.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by ronald4lif(m): 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
Didn't know slim girls are body shamed. This is a new one to me.
Re: Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
Jolsnow:
Any suggestions?
Re: Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
slim19:
How will u learn?
Re: Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by cowgirl9090: 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
slim19:
grin
Re: Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by hibiscus76(f): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
Oyin93:

How will u learn?
But the Op made no sense naa and that's why he didn't learn anything..cuz I didn't understand her point exactly
Re: Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by cowgirl9090: 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
Jolsnow:
cheesy
Re: Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 20, 2016
Well said kiss
Re: Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by oladefirst2(m): 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
I cannot comprehend what you are trying to pinpoint. your write up is so meaningless and shabby.next time try and arrange your point instead of occupying space with ur write up.mtcheew
Re: Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2016
Simply put,make una no dey insult skinny girls because they are beautifully n wonderfully created just like d meaty ones...
Re: Stop Body-shaming Slim Girls!!! by okhiai1(m): 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
On a normal day skinny girls are a no no for me to date but on the other side op i fell u pain been body shamed cause in my own crew am the tinnest and all of them combined together can eat what i eat at go i have learnt to ignore them any time they start so i advise you learn to do the same

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Mention Someone In A Post. / Rose Entered Inside My Bathroom While I Was Unclad And I Was Urged To... (pics) / Just One Question, Am I Fine? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.