Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal (704 Views)

Fayose Orders Demolition Of Mr Biggs Building Used As Criminal Hideout (photos) / I Have No Personal Account - Governor Aregbesola / EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by Xeedorf: 9:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
By Rotimi Ojomoyela

Ado-Ekiti-The personal account of the Governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayodele Fayose and that of his associates have been frozen by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC).

Fayose
Speaking at the premises of Zenith Bank, Ado-Ekiti, where he had his personal account, the governor claimed that he had gotten winds of plans by the Presidency to freeze his account some days earlier.

A source at the Bank told the visibly surprised Governor Fayose that his account was allegedly frozen on the order of the anti-graft agency.

The Governor said, he had earlier issued a counter-cheque to make withdrawal and was rejected by the bank located at Onigari , GRA in Ado Ekiti, describing the action as criminal and illegal.

Citing Section 308 of the 1999 constitution, Fayose said he enjoys immunity as a sitting governor , urging the federal government to fight corruption within the ambit of the law.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/efcc-freezes-fayoses-account-governor-describes-action-criminal-illegal/

Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by Thunderlicious: 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2016
Ok
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by AntiWailer: 10:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Correct.

Deal with the eediot.

They have asked Femi Falana and discovered that immunity does not cover account with stolen funds.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No wonder he was screaming. I trust the team 2 cups of rice, they will claim they want to silence him.

grin
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by tuniski: 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
And small time buhari's zombies will say baba dey ignore fayose. What this shows that buhari can't sleep without worrying about fayose!

Impunity everywhere!
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by tuniski: 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
AntiWailer:
Correct.

Deal with the eediot.

They have asked Femi Falana and discovered that immunity does not cover account with stolen funds.

No wonder he was screaming. I trust the team 2 cups of rice, they will claim they want to silence him.

grin
Falana has lost it defending Buuhari without cert. God bless Gani Fawehimi of blessed memory baba buhari for know wetin hit am on this certificate saga.

How can people with plenty certificates now gather and be defending d president without cert, instead of advising him to do the needful!
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by sarjay1000: 10:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
AntiWailer:
Correct.

Deal with the eediot.

grin

So dats how to fight corruption? U guys amaze me...and u find time to write ur bull...., how many APC members or Governors are being persecuted like this? It's very shameful....mind u i am Nt interested in APC or PDP, let them do what is right
Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by AntiWailer: 10:37pm On Jun 20, 2016
tuniski:

Falana has lost it defending Buuhari without cert. God bless Gani Fawehimi of blessed memory baba buhari for know wetin hit am on this certificate saga.

How can people with plenty certificates now gather and be defending d president without cert, instead of advising him to do the needful!

With ur certificate what have u achieved ?

Tell me where your name will be in the history of Nigeria ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal by AntiWailer: 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2016
sarjay1000:

So dats how to fight corruption? U guys amaze me...and u find time to write ur bull...., how many APC members or Governors are being persecuted like this? It's very shameful....mind u i am Nt interested in APC or PDP, let them do what is right

Persecuted like how ?

I dnt buy this crappy "they want to silence me story abeg"

So if they see illegal funds in his account they should leave home so people like u will not reason that way ?

I guess he is the only PDP Governor.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Expensive Cities For Expatriates: See Where Lagos Ranks / How Buhari Is Harming The North And Nigeria / We Support Sheriff’ State Chairmen Pledge Allegiance To Factional Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.