Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. (3294 Views)

James Ibori Conferred With Chieftaincy Title "Ezi-Oyi Anioma" In Delta (Photos) / Is Governor Ambode of Lagos State A Tribalist, (no Single Igbo As Commissioner)? / Count Anioma Nation Out Of The Niger Delta Republic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2016
I have come to a conclusion that one of the major reason there still exist some level of distrust between Indi Igbo and their Anioma cousins lies in a presumed weak support for the actualization of Anioma State.
The Aniomas have contributed immensely to the Igbo nation. This cuts through from the academia, industry, down to the grass root level. There are loads of outstanding personalities from Anioma that have done Indi Igbo proud.
One of the much celebrated military genius, Joe Achuzie, during the Biafra wars, is an Anioma son.
I think this is the high time we the Igbos in the South East, initiate an objective practical steps that will see to the creation of Anioma State.
It is a priority that is long overdue. What do we do? How can it be achieved?
Please, useful suggestion is needed from Igbos in this forum.
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by donbenedict(m): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2016
I go like marry from dat syd sha
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 21, 2016
donbenedict:
I go like marry from dat syd sha
Off topic. Please submit rational contribution that will help matters on board.

cc. ikechukwu, Ugomba, Igboid....
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by histemple: 9:43am On Jun 21, 2016
One of the greatest drawbacks of the creation of ANIOMA state is the lack of consensus by the ANIOMA people to either align with the Igbo or the South/South.

I remember the ambivalence that greeted the emergence of Amb. Ralph when he became the president General of Ohaneze Ndigbo in 2008.
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by bender79: 9:48am On Jun 21, 2016
They are talking of merging states/ region and you are here taliking of another failed state...

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by TTdouble(m): 9:49am On Jun 21, 2016
Anioma Ko, Aniojoo
When the available ones are not viable, Abeg make dem dissolve this craze called states and give us back the Parliamentary system, regionalism is far better than this fraud called federalism

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 21, 2016
histemple:
One of the greatest drawbacks of the creation of ANIOMA state is the lack of consensus by the ANIOMA people to either align with the Igbo or the South/South.

I remember the ambivalence that greeted the emergence of Amb. Ralph when he became the president General of Ohaneze Ndigbo in 2008.

I guess in my opinion, that 70% percent of them are seeing the reality on ground. Aligning with the South East is one sure way of getting their state.
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 21, 2016
TTdouble:
Anioma Ko, Aniojoo
When the available ones are not viable, Abeg make dem dissolve this craze called states and give us back the Parliamentary system, regionalism is far better than this fraud called federalism

Your opinion though.
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by babyfaceafrica: 9:58am On Jun 21, 2016
Another state creation in this dire times?..
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by histemple: 10:03am On Jun 21, 2016
blues20:

I guess in my opinion, that 70% percent of them are seeing the reality on ground. Aligning with the South East is one sure way of getting their state.

An average non-Anioma Deltan does not see them as belonging to the same state.
They don't share the same culture.
The Anioma's speak Igbo and have the same culture.
The Anioma people have a local government (Ogbaru LGA) in Anambra.

Infact other Deltans are very angry that Asaba was chosen as the state capital.
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by MrAnalyst: 10:06am On Jun 21, 2016
Creating Anioma state will be a dream come true for the Igbos. Especially if merged to the SE. If the Igbos can really push for it,we may just get it. I don't think the wicked government will kick too much against it cause most of their oil exploration is in non-Igbo areas in Delta state (Oil is the only interest of the government anyway) though the wicked government will want to keep Igbos splintered. Give SE Anioma state and watch Igbo-denial drop drastically while development soars in Anioma. Igbo Amaka!

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Another state creation in this dire times?..
Yes it is a dire time, but its also a step forward.
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by attackgat: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2016
Which one is "Indi Igbo"?
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 21, 2016
attackgat:
Which one is "Indi Igbo"?

Your correction will be appreciated, not your castigation. Thanks. smiley
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by babyfaceafrica: 10:16am On Jun 21, 2016
blues20:

Yes it is a dire time, but its also a step forward.
it aint happening naw...creation of any state is the. Last thing on our minds abeg?
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Igboid: 10:22am On Jun 21, 2016
Will an Anioma state be viable? Yes, atleast more viable than non viable statee like Gombe, Jigawa, Kebbi and the rest.
Anioma boasts of refined human resources of the highest order, fertile land and mineral resources( Coal, Crude oil and natural gas), things most non viable states up north lacks.

Will it be wise strategically thinking to carve out Anioma from the Delta state? I'm not sure, but it does appear Anioma has not gained much for Hosting the capital of Delta, infrastructurally speaking.

Can Anioma state be achieved in the present Nigerian system? No

State creation is almost impossible in this civilian dispensation, by proliferating the number of states and representatives in the NASS in the North, the Northern military junta ensured that the current lopsided northern Dominance in the number of states and representation in the NASSS will continue till the colonial entity Nigeria ceases to exist.

The North will through its dominance in the NASS make it impossible to create ANIOMA state, without balancing it by creating another non viable state up North.

Anioma state can never happen under current Nigerian political system and Northern dominated democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 21, 2016
Igboid:
Will an Anioma state be viable? Yes, atleast more viable than non viable statee like Gombe, Jigawa, Kebbi and the rest.
Anioma boasts of refined human resources of the highest order, fertile land and mineral resources( Coal, Crude oil and natural gas), things most non viable states up north lacks.

Will it be wise strategically thinking to carve out Anioma from the Delta state? I'm not sure, but it does appear Anioma has not gained much for Hosting the capital of Delta, infrastructurally speaking.

Can Anioma state be achieved in the present Nigerian system? No

State creation is almost impossible in this civilian dispensation, by proliferating the number of states and representatives in the NASS in the North, the Northern military junta ensured that the current lopsided northern Dominance in the number of states and representation in the NASSS will continue till the colonial entity Nigeria ceases to exist.

The North will through its dominance in the NASS make it impossible to create ANIOMA state, without balancing it by creating another non viable state up North.

Anioma state can never happen under current Nigerian political system and Northern dominated democracy.

Yes the Nigerian system is flawed, but we should not be pessimistic. If there is an adopted general consensus, between Anioma indigene and South East, I think it is realizable venture.
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by attackgat: 10:32am On Jun 21, 2016
blues20:

Your correction will be appreciated, not your castigation. Thanks. smiley

Are you sure you are not another Yoruba man who is dabbling into Igbo affairs? No Igbo man would ever say "Indi Igbo"

1 Like

Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2016
attackgat:

Are you sure you are not another Yoruba man who is dabbling into Igbo affairs? No Igbo man would ever say "Indi Igbo"
Dude stop this shit. I'm a true Igbo son from Ebonyi State. So you no dey make mistake for your spelling abi
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by attackgat: 10:40am On Jun 21, 2016
blues20:

Dude stop this shit. I'm a true Igbo son from Ebonyi State. So you no dey make mistake for your spelling abi

And you made the mistake of saying "Indi Igbo" twice? You must be a Yoruba impostor.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by MrAnalyst: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2016
It's Ndigbo blues20.
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by chukzyblingz(m): 8:15am On Jun 22, 2016
histemple:

An average non-Anioma Deltan does not see them as belonging to the same state.
They don't share the same culture.
The Anioma's speak Igbo and have the same culture.
The Anioma people have a local government (Ogbaru LGA) in Anambra.

Infact other Deltans are very angry that Asaba was chosen as the state capital.

This is totally wrong. Anioma share many cultures with other Delta ethnic groups. stop saying what you don't know. apart from language, anioma culture is much more closer to Edo, including U r hobo and other Delta ethnics than igbo

1 Like

Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
chukzyblingz:
This is totally wrong. Anioma share many cultures with other Delta ethnic groups. stop saying what you don't know. apart from language, anioma culture is much more closer to Edo, including U r hobo and other Delta ethnics than igbo

We should focus on getting Anioma her deserved right. Anoima size is viable enough to be a state. From Ika in Delta, down to Oguta in Imo state, including Ndoni, in River State, these areas will make a very thriving and vibrant state. This is not time to argue about origin or route of migration. It is not about who is Igbo and who is not. It is about a State creation that will see to the mutual development of that corridor, from my perspective.

Besides, I'm yet to see any practical solution proffered on this thread so far.
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
MrAnalyst:
It's Ndigbo blues20.
Correction noted. Thanks.
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by chukzyblingz(m): 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
blues20:

We should focus on getting Anioma her deserved right. Anoima size is viable enough to be a state. From Ika in Delta, down to Oguta in Imo state, including Ndoni, in River State, these areas will make a very thriving and vibrant state. This is not time to argue about origin or route of migration. It is not about who is Igbo and who is not. It is about a State creation that will see to the mutual development of that corridor, from my perspective.

Besides, I'm yet to see any practical solution proffered on this thread so far.
I've not been part of this thread. I just ran into it and felt like I should skim through it and I saw a somebody making a misrepresentation of my people. you can't blame me for trying to make it straight. You can't fight for Anioma state with lies. present the facts as it is and not making some bogus statements that's not true. if you want to fight for an Anioma State, do you think it will be part of the South East? As it is majority of Anioma groups don't believe they're Igbos. Anioma is very mixed and one thing that's peculiar to all Anioma groups is the Benin heritage. Do you want to throw that fact away because you want to force them to accept Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by foxe(m): 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2016
chukzyblingz:
I've not been part of this thread. I just ran into it and felt like I should skim through it and I saw a somebody making a misrepresentation of my people. you can't blame me for trying to make it straight. You can't fight for Anioma state with lies. present the facts as it is and not making some bogus statements that's not true. if you want to fight for an Anioma State, do you think it will be part of the South East? As it is majority of Anioma groups don't believe they're Igbos. Anioma is very mixed and one thing that's peculiar to all Anioma groups is the Benin heritage. Do you want to throw that fact away because you want to force them to accept Igbo.
ika and ukwuani cannot stop the voice of the majority...when the time comes, you can only live in your self denial' the Igbo nation is bigger than you can ever imagine.. peace kiss
chukzyblingz:
ika and ukwuani cannot stop the voice of the majority...when the time comes, you can only live in your self denial' the Igbo nation is bigger than you can ever imagine.. peace

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
chukzyblingz:

I don't think I'll have the time to engage you in this endless rants.... Politic is a game of interest. Though, Nigeria is yet to learn how to play this game right. Please let’s leave it at that. If you don't have any meaningful contribution, quit commenting. You can open a thread and spill out any debris you have in your mind on this issue.
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Vicotex2: 5:29pm On Jun 22, 2016
chukzyblingz:
This is totally wrong. Anioma share many cultures with other Delta ethnic groups. stop saying what you don't know. apart from language, anioma culture is much more closer to Edo, including Urhobo and other Delta ethnics than igbo
can you please prove the bolded part of your statement?
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by kayfra: 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2016
Let's make every local government a state.
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
Vicotex2:
can you please prove the bolded part of your statement?

That dude is all over... claiming Anioma's migration is from Benin. Literate fellows know that migration do not occur from a single direction. Migration happens in wavelength of various pattern and time. The United State is an example.
You cannot claim that the whole of Anioma is Benin....
I just don't want this thread derailed, I would have love to engage him in factual debate on this issues.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by foxe(m): 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
blues20:

That dude is all over... claiming Anioma's migration is from Benin. Literate fellows know that migration do not occur from a single direction. Migration happens in wavelength of various pattern and time. The United State is an example.
I just don't want this thread derailed, I would have love to engage him in factual debate on this issues.
correct talk
Re: Anioma State: A Priority Long Overdue. by chukzyblingz(m): 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
blues20:

of course you're right. all parts of Anioma are not from Benin but there are Benin elements in each and every Anioma towns and villages. higher in some and lower in other. But why are Igbos trying to make mockery of our Benin heritage ? and trying to deny all Benin/Anioma links? to the extent of calling us Benin slaves? that's insolent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Igbo(ipob)tlyoot Support Donald Trump / PHOTOS: Bridge Collapse At Mokwa-jebba Road, Kwara State / Serious Treason As Graduating Children Pose With Biafra Flag PICS VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.