Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] (11752 Views)

DIY: Construction Of Semi-detached Duplexes At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] / Opic, Isheri North 10 acres land (Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway) / Quick Sale Of Residential Plots At Ikota Villa Estate Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by msogunro: 4:31am On Jul 10, 2016
BITSWORKS:
I delibrately make sure the bricklayer does not lay more than 4-5 coaches per day for stability and alignment.

I've never heard this before, but it makes a lot of sense.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 9:01am On Jul 10, 2016
Deedonsolutions:
Sir, I have been browsing through ur profile on here... May I ve ur contacts detail on here sir

Contact me via mail on seyisodiya@gmail.com and whatsapp 08188569130. Best regards.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 6:21am On Jul 17, 2016
The plank formwork has been removed from the columns casted and this is what the perimeter wall looks like now.

We are preping right now to start the main building construction.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by msogunro: 2:21am On Jul 18, 2016
BITSWORKS:
The plank formwork has been removed from the columns casted and this is what the perimeter wall looks like now.

We are preping right now to start the main building construction.

What was the all inclusive cost of the perimeter wall?
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
msogunro:

What was the all inclusive cost of the perimeter wall?

Hello, can we take this offline for client privacy concerns. I will gladly provide it here if am given permission by the client. Best Regards.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 4:27am On Jul 20, 2016
Finally, a preview of the proposed mix residential development, this is still a rough draft, it hasn't been rendered yet.Also, it will still be reviewed so there is likely going to be changes and alterations before project construction starts.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 6:27am On Aug 19, 2016
Its been a long break but we are back on site this week to start with the old structure demolition and carry out the soil test also.

1 or 2 of the old tenants are still hanging around the premise and we have given them till weekend to move out completely.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 6:34am On Aug 19, 2016
More demolition pictures.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by msogunro: 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
This will be interesting. Very different style than the norm. I like it.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 6:42am On Aug 20, 2016
We carried out the soil test yesterday, the result will be used in designing the structural framework and for processing the approval.

Doing a soil test helps determine the right type of foundation to be done on the site and saves the client from future regrets of the house tilting or sinking.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by Larwin(m): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2016
BITSWORKS:
We carried out the soil test yesterday, the result will be used in designing the structural framework and for processing the approval.

Doing a soil test helps determine the right type of foundation to be done on the site and saves the client from future regrets of the house tilting or sinking.

Nice one, spt at work.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by lilreese: 2:39am On Aug 21, 2016
following
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
Demolition was completed on Monday 22nd of August 2016. Next stage is to wait for the soil test report and structural drawing so we can start work on the sub-structure.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by twinskenny(m): 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
Baba well done oo and good luck
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 2:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
twinskenny:
Baba well done oo and good luck

@Twinskenny, thank you. I will holla at you soon, got something we need to work on together.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by twinskenny(m): 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
BITSWORKS:

@Twinskenny, thank you. I will holla at you soon, got something we need to work on together.

Alright boss am on standby
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 4:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
Today, September 5th 2016..first Monday in the month we started the sub-structure work for the main building.

We started with the setting-out using the structural layout drawing and the architectural drawing. We used

1. 4nos bundles of pegs (a bundle contains 20pcs)
2. 1 bundle of tie-rod (contains 30pcs)
3. 1.1/5 inch nails (1lbs)
4. 4nos lines

Total cost for all these items is less than N10,000.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 9:52am On Sep 11, 2016
We have temporarily suspended the sub-structure work due to the incessant rainfall and will in the meantime construct the front perimeter wall to secure the land against intruder.

The raft foundation for the perimeter wall has been excavated and blinded, iron reinforcement work is currently ongoing

Also the storage/site office is being constructed and will be ready for the first batch of cement to be delivered.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 10:04am On Sep 11, 2016
Construction of the storage/site office pictures.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
Carpentary formwork for the raft.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
Raft foundation casting for the perimeter wall is conclude. We will start the block setting immediately.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by solistic: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
BITSWORKS, welldone on your professionalism, most especially deciding to do soil test. Some builders will tell you that it is not necessary to do soil test once it is not more than a storey building, what is your take on this? Also, for this particular project, what is the recommended depth according to the soil test result. Finally, what is the rough cost to do a soil test? Thanks.
BITSWORKS:
Raft foundation casting for the perimeter wall is conclude. We will start the block setting immediately.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
solistic:
BITSWORKS, welldone on your professionalism, most especially deciding to do soil test. Some builders will tell you that it is not necessary to do soil test once it is not more than a storey building, what is your take on this? Also, for this particular project, what is the recommended depth according to the soil test result. Finally, what is the rough cost to do a soil test? Thanks.

Thank you for your kind words. Before I embark on a project, I let the client know all the building codes and standards I must abide with and if we come to an agreement, I proceed with the project.

For any project size and land topology, it is advisable to do a soil test to ensure the right sub-structure is put in place. The recommendations from the soil test for this project specifies raft (excavation to dept of 0.3m) and pile foundation (dept of 6.0m).

Cost estimate for soil test varies from N180k to N250k depending on the consultant you engage and the location/land topology.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
Day 1 and day 2 of block setting. Rain did not allow us to do much on day 1, we only achieved 3 coaches all through using 2 bricklayers. On day 2, we decided to use just one bricklayer and we achieved 4 coaches.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by solistic: 10:22am On Sep 16, 2016
Thanks for your detailed response BITWORKS. I will be following your projects.
BITSWORKS:

Thank you for your kind words. Before I embark on a project, I let the client know all the building codes and standards I must abide with and if we come to an agreement, I proceed with the project.

For any project size and land topology, it is advisable to do a soil test to ensure the right sub-structure is put in place. The recommendations from the soil test for this project specifies raft (excavation to dept of 0.3m) and pile foundation (dept of 6.0m).

Cost estimate for soil test varies from N180k to N250k depending on the consultant you engage and the location/land topology.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2016
We are back to site on the 25th of October 2016. The front perimeter wall is in place and materials have been delivered to site. We have granite, iron reinforcement and wood. Sharp sand will be delivered tomorrow.

Setting out and excavation will be done today and tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 2:51pm On Oct 26, 2016
Excavation ongoing. We have to contend with rising water but it will be pumped out once we are ready to do the floor blinding.

1 Like

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
More excavation pictures.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Recommendation from the structural engineer is to excavate to a depth of 300mm and the total raft height is 1.2m which is what we have observed.

We started the blinding and had to be pumping out water and blinding simultaneously as the ground water kept oozing out and filling the trenches.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
It's just finished pouring cats and dogs on site and all the trenches are flooded so we have to pump it out before we can commence with work again.

We have started with the carpentary formwork for the raft. We are using 12x1ft plank and 2x3 wood for batting and bracing.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by adewaleID: 11:13am On Oct 29, 2016
Well done, Wishing you God's favour. Keep up the good work
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
adewaleID:
Well done, Wishing you God's favour. Keep up the good work

Amen, thank you. I have replied your mail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Issues Deadline For Payment Of Land Use Charge / Windstorm Destroys 1,536 Rooms In Four Jigawa Lgas / Agency Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.