Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation (15528 Views)

Us Visa Interview Appointment- Urgent Advice Needed / Us Visa Interview Appointment-urgent Advice Needed, Pls. / Book Your Visa Interview Appointment With Ease! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by Edufresh(m): 3:27am On Sep 02, 2009
Call us to book your reservation date for US Visa interview

appointment.
when you book with us you are sure to get a suitable date for your

interview

Call Austin on 08034345598, or Chris 0n 08038336012
email eduworldbiz@yahoo.com for details
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2009
How Much. wink
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by justwise(m): 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2009
@poster, get ur deadbody out of here, will u bribe USA embassy or what? U low lives are runing out of ways to rip pple off. Call u to book reservation indeed. Rubbish!!!
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2009
justwise:

@poster, get your deadbody out of here, will u bribe USA embassy or what? U low lives are runing out of ways to rip pple off. Call u to book reservation indeed. Rubbish!!!

oh oh ooooooooooooooooo. You and ur big mouth. I was waiting for the poster to come up with a price/response na. On the real though, from what i heard, these guys actually buy out most of the interview slots. The normal fee to book a date online is 3,500. They will secure several slots. Once you realize you cant get slots because all the days are booked, they'll approach you and ask you to pay a fee if you want a date. (way higher than the 3,500 they spent). Then, they cancel their appointment and slot you in.
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by kood: 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2009
A-town:

oh oh ooooooooooooooooo. You and your big mouth. I was waiting for the poster to come up with a price/response na. On the real though, from what i heard, these guys actually buy out most of the interview slots. The normal fee to book a date online is 3,500. They will secure several slots. Once you realize you cant get slots because all the days are booked, they'll approach you and ask you to pay a fee if you want a date. (way higher than the 3,500 they spent). Then, they cancel their appointment and slot you in.

Are you telling us here that you have to pay to US embassy in Nigeria in order to book appointment? Is that done anywhere? It will be good if you clarify yourself on that. I just open their embassy website and find out that you do not need to pay money to book appointment. Again will it be possible to change your name after you have made an appointment? Of course, I dont know how the guy will want to book appointment for you. anything is possible in Nigeria but that does not mean that someone who is trying say that the guy is doing wrong now have a big mouth. I guess he is trying to help people like you to be careful on who to give your money. can you prove to us that this guy will surely secure a genuine visa appointment for you.

1 Like

Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by justwise(m): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2009
A-town:

oh oh ooooooooooooooooo. You and your big mouth. I was waiting for the poster to come up with a price/response na. On the real though, from what i heard, these guys actually buy out most of the interview slots. The normal fee to book a date online is 3,500. They will secure several slots. Once you realize you cant get slots because all the days are booked, they'll approach you and ask you to pay a fee if you want a date. (way higher than the 3,500 they spent). Then, they cancel their appointment and slot you in.

How can they buy interview slot? U only get interview date when u apply for a visa, so how do they pay USA embassy for interview dates? Can somebody tell me something i don't know here?

1 Like

Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by justwise(m): 10:43pm On Sep 21, 2009
kood:

Are you telling us here that you have to pay to US embassy in Nigeria in order to book appointment? Is that done anywhere? It will be good if you clarify yourself on that. I just open their embassy and find out that you do not need to pay money to book appointment. Again will it be possible to change your name after you have made an appointment? Of course, I dont know how the guy will want to book appointment for you. anything is possible in Nigeria but that does not mean that someone who is trying say that the guy is doing wrong now have a big mouth. I guess he is trying to help people like you to be careful on who to give your money. can you prove to us that this guy will surely secure a genuine visa appointment for you.
[/quote

My brother we are actually posting at the same time. I'm waiting for clarification on the above questions
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by kood: 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2009
yeah I just find out that you need to pay money for an appointment(131$)  but can the person change the name on the apointment date if he cancel and what to rebook? and if he cancel that means he gonna get a new time. I still dont understand how someone can secure appointment for another person for an earlier date. but is it done for other citizen or just in Nigeria?
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 22, 2009
kood:

Are you telling us here that you have to pay to US embassy in Nigeria in order to book appointment? Is that done anywhere? It will be good if you clarify yourself on that. I just open their embassy website and find out that you do not need to pay money to book appointment. Again will it be possible to change your name after you have made an appointment? Of course, I dont know how the guy will want to book appointment for you. anything is possible in Nigeria but that does not mean that someone who is trying say that the guy is doing wrong now have a big mouth. I guess he is trying to help people like you to be careful on who to give your money. can you prove to us that this guy will surely secure a genuine visa appointment for you.
You are such an illiterate. I am sure the person i referred to (justwise) even knows the big mouth reference was a joke. Do i have to spell everything out.
Olodo. Did you read my post thoroughly. Go to the travel section and read my posts under the usa(student) visa category. Why not research things properly before concluding. When you went to the us embassy site, i bet you did not click on the link that tells you how to schedule an appointment. If you did, it would take you to the VFS site that now handles appointment for us visas. Like i said before, you pay 3,500 at designated UBA banks, they take your passport number and issue you a receipt. It is this receipt that you use in booking a date/appointment. The $131 you quoted is the visa fee and not the appointment fee. Appointment scheduling has been outsourced to VFS global since october last yr.
I have a an undergraduate and graduate degree from a renowned US university, so NO, i do not need a visa. Kapeesh

justwise:

My brother we are actually posting at the same time. I'm waiting for clarification on the above questions

^^^^^^^^there's your clarification.
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by kood: 8:39am On Sep 22, 2009
@ A-town - yeah maybe I am illiterate but I still want to know how this person can get an earlier date for an appointment for someone with his previous booked appointment. And can he change the name on the appointment for another name? according to what I read on condition of cancelling appointment your data will be deleted once you cancel and you can still use your receipt. how is it possible to slot another person in replace of your name or you are going to make another new appointment for future date. Which the person can do by himself as well. Is the receipt of the appointment transferable? you can see much questions may you can help illiterate person like me to answer the question.
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 22, 2009
kood:

@ A-town - yeah maybe I am illiterate but I still want to know how this person can get an earlier date for an appointment for someone with his previous booked appointment. And can he change the name on the appointment for another name? according to what I read on condition of cancelling appointment your data will be deleted once you cancel and you can still use your receipt. how is it possible to slot another person in replace of your name or you are going to make another new appointment for future date. Which the person can do by himself as well. Is the receipt of the appointment transferable? you can see much questions may you can help illiterate person like me to answer the question.
Looks like we got off to a rough start.
Okay, let me explain it to you. The touts do not need to use their receipts for you. The thing is that most people have already purchased their 3,500 naira receipts already. The problem there is that when they get to the website to register, all/almost all slots availbale may have been taken. The tout simply cancels one of his numerous appointments (he doesn't mind losing 3,500 since he'll probably charge you 20,000 to use his slot). They would have at least 2 computers. As soon as he cancels his appointment, one free slot appears which you (in this case he'll probably be doing it right front of you) can now use your own receipt to register with. Once he has made money from you, he then reschedules another date in the future knowing that people like to do things in the last minute. This is how people get to get slots in December. If you go to the VFS site now, there are slots available for student visas from october to december. Most students wont be ready to apply until december. By december, the slots will have been filled up. Business booms for the touts that already scheduled.

By the way, you dont even need a visa appointment to schedule. |Any idiot can approach the UBA branch with a fake photocopied passport and pay 3,500 to get the receipt for online scheduling. They have turned it into business/nigerian stock market . Pay 3,500 today and hope to rake in a minimum of 20,000 when someone that really needs the date comes by. Imagine if you need to travel to the US urgently and you've paid the 3,500, gotten ur receipt, only to find out that there are no slots available until January. You usually cant schedule an emergency appointment for a tourist visa. Along comes a tout that tells you if you pay him 30,000 naira, he will get you the exact date you need. All he does is what i explained above. Gush my hands are paining me jare. Too much typing. The reason this loophole is still being used is because the $131 fee is not mandatory at the time of scheduling the appointment. i am sure the embassy is aware of this scam/bribery and may find a solution soon.
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by justwise(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2009
A-town ,

I do understand ur point and explanation, i'm even suprised that USA embassy allowed this to go on, this is the type of mess we usually hear about Nigerian immigration service not a place like USA embassy.

We all need to discourage pple here from patronising these touts.
This is my blood boils when i see their post here cos i don't ANYBODY to enrich them.
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by justwise(m): 10:05am On Sep 22, 2009
@kood,

I can see how that could be posible reading through A-town's post, its ashame though that fraud like that was and still allow to go on.
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 22, 2009
justwise:

A-town ,

I do understand your point and explanation, i'm even suprised that USA embassy allowed this to go on, this is the type of mess we usually hear about Nigerian immigration service not a place like USA embassy.

We all need to discourage pple here from patronising these touts.
This is my blood boils when i see their post here cos i don't ANYBODY to enrich them.

Well, the thing is that the appointment reservation has been outsourced to VFS. I believe VFS is an indian oustourcing company.
The embassy still has a lot to do though. Even when they were handling it themselves, touts used to enlist the services of people working at the embassy to get people in.
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by kood: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2009
yeah, I understand now. although, I know anything is possible in Nigeria. but as justwise said it is better to discourage ppl from patronising this guy. can you imagine that difference in the amount. Visa they are not even sure. and it is bad for US embassy to make easy or possible for touts to hijack the appointment schedule.
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by davidsoj: 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2009
It is not a matter of touts. I heard some folks inside usa embassy are even into it. if you need to book appointment even yourself< i bet it with you< you~ll suffer yourself and you might even stop it
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2009
Uhm.
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by NetSage: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2009
Your all talking as if you don't know wat is applicable in Nigeria, don't you always see the load of people @the Embassy, wat do u think dey are doing there, ?Want to get an autogragh from the consular, ?Nah.
Most people are waiting for an appointment but still dont have slot yet, most of which have been booked like the flying airline.
But you can always get your way around it, incase you didnt booked for an appointment on-time. grin
I know someone who wanted to travel to illonois Chicago for a conference, but was not able to get an appointment because all the slot have been booked, but he melt sum1 who helped he get the appointment easily. And he got the appointment, he is in chicago now.
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by justwise(m): 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2009
NetSage:

Your all talking as if you don't know wat is applicable in Nigeria, don't you always see the load of people @the Embassy, wat do u think dey are doing there, ?Want to get an autogragh from the consular, ?Nah.
Most people are waiting for an appointment but still dont have slot yet, most of which have been booked like the flying airline.
But you can always get your way around it, incase you didnt booked for an appointment on-time. grin
I know someone who wanted to travel to illonois Chicago for a conference, but was not able to get an appointment because all the slot have been booked, but he melt sum1 who helped he get the appointment easily. And he got the appointment, he is in chicago now.

U don't get it, do u? The scarcity of appointment slot is fake, somebody created it not as a result of demand but to rip pple off. selling it much more expensive to desperate individauls. Touting the slots creat more prob, when does touting become normal or legitimate business?
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by NetSage: 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2009
well @ justwise, it aint right. But you know if go thru alot of strees in that embassy. Just to travel to the God Own Country, So the easiest way is to get an appointment, if your lucky your visa get approved. But aint nothing wrong with getting appiontment for pple on time. But wat I dunt believe is telling pple one can get the visa for people. Not as if it is not possible, but just 2exhorbitant.
I help people in getting quick appointment 2, but I return their money if they don't get it,
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by suxes2005(m): 1:58am On Sep 26, 2009
@ justwise, its not their fault but i can tell you that u`ll do your possible best @ times and u wont get apointment, I aint promotin touts but some of them are not touts. Ask anyone who has been 2 d embassy in lagos recently and dey`ll tell u dat dose people have thier own office there

SHALOM
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2010
5,800 naira is the fee to book interview and it is usually paid to UBA
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by suxes2005(m): 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2010
If you need urgent interview date
Abuja do reply on time rather than Lagos

Just get to their site, copy their e-mail
(u can try both) and send dem msg

SHALOM
Re: Us Visa Interview Appointment Reservation by yemowin: 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
pls house i want to know if i can go to cotonou for my interview

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 African Safari Destinations For An Unforgetable Getaway / Things You Should Do When You Are Involved In A Car Accident / Airpeace Warned Against Scammers Collecting ₦363k For Free Flight From S.Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.