Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB (11115 Views)

Which Bank Bank Accept NIN As A Form Of Identity? / CBN Revokes The Licenses Of Afribank, Spring Bank And Bank PHB / Bank Phb's Chief Executive Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by sley4life(m): 8:13am On Sep 03, 2009
ReachRich:

My friend went to Phb to chek his acct balance on their ATM.The machine showed that he has N883,080 he was surprised because he hadnt seen that kind of money all his life.He walks into the bank to confirm frm the customer care.He was told that it was an error frm their ATM machine outside.
That ur frnd na m.u.m.u I confirm that kind amt 4 my acc na to go withdraw everything for that acc and change my base. I no go even near that bank again after i withdraw everything wey remain for the acc
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nick1: 8:46am On Sep 03, 2009
Na wao, the responses are quite overwhelming. More negative experiences and opinions and there is hardly any positive opinion about Bank PHB so far.
Thanks to everyone that contributed and especially to those who recommended other banks because of their positive experiences with those banks. Now, I have more info, and I can definitely make an informed decision based on your comments. I will definitely check out the Skye and Diamond bank NIDA products. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by otukpo(f): 9:29am On Sep 03, 2009
their customer service is too poor.

Mr bro in europe filled their NIDA form online, then printed a copy of the filled forms for himslf. When he visited Nigeria, went to their office to ask for his account number as none was given online. They were just directing us from one staff to the other as if they dont know what the account was all abt.

finally got to one of the staff who said that the online thing dosent work and refused to accept the hard copy he has printed out from the net that he wld have to fill another one. He filled another one. They said they wld contact him the following day to give him the account number, they never did.

I just hope they wld improve, not just doing good adverts.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by BlackRevo: 9:33am On Sep 03, 2009
Nick1:

Na wao, the responses are quite overwhelming. More negative experiences and opinions and there is hardly any positive opinion about Bank PHB so far.
Thanks to everyone that contributed and especially to those who recommended other banks because of their positive experiences with those banks. Now, I have more info, and I can definitely make an informed decision based on your comments. I will definitely check out the Skye and Diamond bank NIDA products. smiley smiley smiley

Yes those two banks are good but the diamond did not put the interest of the students and youth at hand in thier minimum deposit abi na where them want me to take see one millions naira for their diamond reach account once like that.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by BlackRevo: 9:37am On Sep 03, 2009
otukpo:

their customer service is too poor.

Mr bro in europe filled their NIDA form online, then printed a copy of the filled forms for himslf. When he visited Nigeria, went to their office to ask for his account number as none was given online. They were just directing us from one staff to the other as if they dont know what the account was all abt.

finally got to one of the staff who said that the online thing dosent work and refused to accept the hard copy he has printed out from the net that he wld have to fill another one. He filled another one. They said they wld contact him the following day to give him the account number, they never did.

I just hope they wld improve, not just doing good adverts.

tell your brother to follow the process i did with my earlier post. print the form fill it and scan to nida help desk with all the additional documents or he can call and talk to those two people ( they are the people in charge and that Edith is the Head of that department) or you can possibly go to skye global account i can vouch for them with all my heart.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by bidell1(f): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2009
The only thing this bank sabi na adverts
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by BlackRevo: 11:18am On Sep 03, 2009
Na waoh they keep on deleting my post for skye bank abeg if you need the info on skye bank send mail to me check my profile.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by lawrence83: 11:58am On Sep 03, 2009
bidell1:

The only thing this bank sabi na [i]adverts[
impossibilitty no de dia dictionary. grin grin grin grin
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2009
Black_Revo:

The internet banking is not working yet and i actually have with skye and gtb. For bankphb you can fill everything online and then attach you documents in jpeg formats or you can print the form fill it and scan to nida helpdesk with all your documents they will open it for you.

If you want straight forward sharp sharp account opening with internet access and international money transfer then go for skye bank, with gtb i have a savings account with internet banking but not full because i need to be physically present in Nigeria to obtain the hardware for full banking. There are other means to do it but i don't want to bear the financial cost for now.

These banks are improving everyday let us encourage them. I should say i have with intercontinental as well and i had both good and bad experience but i will not want to condemn them just like that. You can encounter 100 rough customer service and maybe someday encounter a good one that will over impress you.

It will never work. Read my previous post. I applied for internet banking over a year ago. Filled the forms (Physically) on Five different visits to the Bank. They are useless. End of Discussion
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by BlackRevo: 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2009
A-town:

It will never work. Read my previous post. I applied for internet banking over a year ago. Filled the forms (Physically) on Five different visits to the Bank. They are useless. End of Discussion

I think they have improved now just give them another try, what i mean by not working is that i have the user name and password already but it does not log me in maybe it is because i have not deposited money into the account. but i will do that 2moro or next week so i will keep you guys posted.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by mamagee6(f): 5:55pm On Sep 03, 2009
Like every other bank.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by azzleboy: 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2009
I WONDER IF BLACK_REVO ISNT A MANAGER AT PHB FOR ALL THIS INFO. grin
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 03, 2009
Black_Revo:

I think they have improved now just give them another try, what i mean by not working is that i have the user name and password already but it does not log me in maybe it is because i have not deposited money into the account. but i will do that 2moro or next week so i will keep you guys posted.

Do you work for them. Stop promoting their rubbish.
Why on earth will i give them a try. 14 months to get access to my own damn account.
My guy, thats the beauty of competition. I have other options.
I'm sticking to the old school guys. Bleep new generation. UBA and First Bank all the way.
I won't encourage my enemy to even use Bank PHB
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by BlackRevo: 6:28pm On Sep 03, 2009
,mama-gee:

Like every other bank.

My skye bank and gtb internet banking is working very fine.

azzleboy:

I WONDER IF BLACK_REVO ISNT  A MANAGER AT PHB FOR ALL THIS INFO. grin

cheesycheesycheesy No oooo but i no mind if them make me manager na, man was wack na. On a serious note i don't work and even the account i have with them i have not not finished the opening process, i still have to deposit money inside and see about the internet banking. i have the login details but maybe not yet activated but i will know all next week.

A-town:

Do you work for them. Stop promoting their rubbish.
Why on earth will i give them a try. 14 months to get access to my own damn account.
My guy, thats the beauty of competition. I have other options.
I'm sticking to the old school guys. Bleep new generation. UBA and First Bank all the way.
I won't encourage my enemy to even use Bank PHB

I am not promoting them as you think believe me if you bring up oceanic and intercontinental i have stories to tell also. Just like you praise UBA i can bring my friends on who will narrate their own terrible experience and if you doubt me search it here on nairaland and you will see people who hate UBA as well and condemn First bank for one reason or the other. No bank is totally perfect in Nigeria.

About those New generation bank please my brother try skye and Gtb you will have a change of thought i bank with them as well.  Yes i like the competition or more preferably the options we have to chose from many type. i have bitter experience but i will not condemn what i know i also don't have the expertise to run as well. I am well versed in my own field but what reason do i have to totally condemn those who operate in other field where i know i myself cannot excel at the moment.

My brother abeg no too vex with them just like you said it is 14 months ago they might have improved and mine was just 3 months ago so you see the difference. I don't work with any of these banks neither do i have any relation or personal interest in them. If you table intercontinental here today i will bash them seriously and i am just waiting to get back home to close that stupid account. i have shares with them but with all these economic crisis i don't want to sell now or i will loose.

If i happen to have any sad experience about Bankphb my brother i will post here and join the line at your back but for now they have not bitten me to say the least so let me still keep walking with them.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by DOnlooker(m): 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2009
I have a NIDA Account with BankPHB too. I must say, things aren't always smooth but at least I haven't lost a dime yet. And those two ladies namely Edith Okobi and Oluchi Uwandu are real professionals. I have met them in person actually and they do call me whenever I have an issue. Guys, give them a trial. Afterall, absolutely nothings runs smooth in Nigeria.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by BlackRevo: 11:08pm On Sep 03, 2009
D-Onlooker:

I have a NIDA Account with BankPHB too. I must say, things aren't always smooth but at least I haven't lost a dime yet. And those two ladies namely Edith Okobi and Oluchi Uwandu are real professionals. I have met them in person actually and they do call me whenever I have an issue. Guys, give them a trial. Afterall, absolutely nothings runs smooth in Nigeria.

Thank you for brining this up, i mean these two people who i have delt with are totally different from what people are saying. These people send me mails from time to time and even text me. The edith is the head of the NIDA department. When did your internet banking started working? is it after you made a deposit in your account or before that. i have the log in details but it is not signing me in yet.

Yes ooo just like the ATM problem even the first generation banks where not spared neither is these banking crisis. Lets encourage them please and tell them thier weak points.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Valoskie: 12:10am On Sep 04, 2009
Hey guys, someone just called my attention to this thread, and I just had to sign up this night. My first time to Nairaland. You may just call me Valoskie, and I work for Bank PHB, and proudly so.

I want to start by apologising for the sad experiences some of you might have had, and for those who have come to our rescue, THANK YOU very much. We may have challenges with some of our services, but my brothers, we are not fraud. Service quality is generally an issue in Nigeria, and believe me, we are committing everything we have to improve. PHB has indeed changed from what you might know a year or many ago. Please do give us yet another chance and I can assure you, the same passion with which you have condenmed us will be equal to or less than the passion with which you will sing our praise.

Please, for most emails you send FOR THE FIRST TIME, an automatic reply comes back to you for verification. Once you reply to that, your email gets delivered, and subsequently without another verification. This is just to check spams into our system.

For those who have accounts and have issues, and for those who wish to open new accounts, the contacts have been provided. PHBLINK@bankphb.com. However, I want to make myself available. Try one more time and to send email or make a request and lets see what you get in return. I shall be account officers to all of you in this forum, and every mail you send, please copy to valyntino1@yahoo.com.

I await further comments, and be ready to respond.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nobody: 1:01am On Sep 04, 2009
Black_Revo:

My skye bank and gtb internet banking is working very fine.

cheesycheesycheesy No oooo but i no mind if them make me manager na, man was wack na. On a serious note i don't work and even the account i have with them i have not not finished the opening process, i still have to deposit money inside and see about the internet banking. i have the login details but maybe not yet activated but i will know all next week.

I am not promoting them as you think believe me if you bring up oceanic and intercontinental i have stories to tell also. Just like you praise UBA i can bring my friends on who will narrate their own terrible experience and if you doubt me search it here on nairaland and you will see people who hate UBA as well and condemn First bank for one reason or the other. No bank is totally perfect in Nigeria.

About those New generation bank please my brother try skye and Gtb you will have a change of thought i bank with them as well. Yes i like the competition or more preferably the options we have to chose from many type. i have bitter experience but i will not condemn what i know i also don't have the expertise to run as well. I am well versed in my own field but what reason do i have to totally condemn those who operate in other field where i know i myself cannot excel at the moment.

My brother abeg no too vex with them just like you said it is 14 months ago they might have improved and mine was just 3 months ago so you see the difference. I don't work with any of these banks neither do i have any relation or personal interest in them. If you table intercontinental here today i will bash them seriously and i am just waiting to get back home to close that stupid account. i have shares with them but with all these economic crisis i don't want to sell now or i will loose.

If i happen to have any sad experience about Bankphb my brother i will post here and join the line at your back but for now they have not bitten me to say the least so let me still keep walking with them.

Is it the way i worded my statement that is an issue? I said its been 14 months and i still can't get online access. I didn't say i tried to get access 14 months ago. It's been an ongoing process. I have been to their bank 5 times in the past year to physcially fill out the forms and i still don't have access yet you're still telling me to give them a try. Wonders shall never end. People dey tell you the truth, you know wan listen. You are supposed to have immediate access to online banking. Your access never work and you still dey dere dey talk rubbish.
Of course they will email you nah. They are freaking Marketers and all they need is your money. My bloody account officer keeps asking me why i haven't been running my account and i'm like, Bleep off biatch, where is my online access?
I know UBA and First Bank have problems. Yes they are slow and blah blah. One thing i know is that, if Nigeria collapses today and i enter any First Bank or UBA bank to collect my money, it will be available
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 04, 2009
Valoskie:

Hey guys, someone just called my attention to this thread, and I just had to sign up this night. My first time to Nairaland. You may just call me Valoskie, and I work for Bank PHB, and proudly so.

I want to start by apologising for the sad experiences some of you might have had, and for those who have come to our rescue, THANK YOU very much. We may have challenges with some of our services, but my brothers, we are not fraud. Service quality is generally an issue in Nigeria, and believe me, we are committing everything we have to improve. PHB has indeed changed from what you might know a year or many ago. Please do give us yet another chance and I can assure you, the same passion with which you have condenmed us will be equal to or less than the passion with which you will sing our praise.

Please, for most emails you send FOR THE FIRST TIME, an automatic reply comes back to you for verification. Once you reply to that, your email gets delivered, and subsequently without another verification. This is just to check spams into our system.

For those who have accounts and have issues, and for those who wish to open new accounts, the contacts have been provided. PHBLINK@bankphb.com. However, I want to make myself available. Try one more time and to send email or make a request and lets see what you get in return. I shall be account officers to all of you in this forum, and every mail you send, please copy to valyntino1@yahoo.com.

I await further comments, and be ready to respond.

There is simply no excuse for Poor Service. The fact that there are other options out there ought to have put u people on your toes but your bank thinks they are doing their customers a favor by providing services they are supposed to provide.
I repeat, i will not advise my enemy to use Bank PHB. Once Beaten., , . . . . well you know the rest.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by edmann: 1:09am On Sep 04, 2009
There has always been two sides to a coin.
Perspectives would always be as many as the different faces that exist.
Today it is PHB. Tomorrow it will be another.
My issue here is dat PHB is not doing badly if rated with her likes.
If u doubt me, then begin another forum on poor services using another bank or organisation instead of PHB.
The only problem PHB has is catching up with that superlative impression her adverts have built in the minds of the people who walk in thru her doors.
The poor services complained of in this forum are abound in other banks.
So do we blame PHB for showing us what to expect of them while they r working to get there.
Personally I have received poor quality services from eateries,bars,banks, fuel stations etc where they make u feel priviledged for patronising them.
The people who meted out these wrongness on us did not fall from the moon. They r our brothers,uncles,sisters,aunts,cousins etc.
It only shows how we treat ourselves once we r not the ones at the receiving end.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by BlackRevo: 6:04am On Sep 04, 2009
A-town:

Is it the way i worded my statement that is an issue? I said its been 14 months and i still can't get online access. I didn't say i tried to get access 14 months ago. It's been an ongoing process. I have been to their bank 5 times in the past year to physcially fill out the forms and i still don't have access yet you're still telling me to give them a try. Wonders shall never end. People dey tell you the truth, you know wan listen. You are supposed to have immediate access to online banking. Your access never work and you still dey dere dey talk rubbish.
Of course they will email you nah. They are freaking Marketers and all they need is your money. My bloody account officer keeps asking me why i haven't been running my account and i'm like, Bleep off biatch, where is my online access?
I know UBA and First Bank have problems. Yes they are slow and blah blah. One thing i know is that, if Nigeria collapses today and i enter any First Bank or UBA bank to collect my money, it will be available

OMG! my guy abeg i am very sorry and i did not understand your earlier statement very well ooooo. Now i get it just like someone told said somewhere that if anyone likes he can go to north korea and use the internet banking of intercontinetal bank that it will never work. My brother i am a living testimony to that and all i am waiting for is to get to nigeria and close that account.

So you mean this my login in failure is a permanent one? gush this is rubbish. so should i insist that no internet access no deposit? i have asked someone to go deposit for me next week. The person has the money but i have not given her my bank details. i log in ang lod in still no access and normally after three attempts it should lock me out but still no response and same with intercontinental. But on the other hand skyebank and GTB are working believe me.

My brother if you see how these people dey bombard me with email and advertisement say my come deposit say they are there to serve me. Men i will just leave the account like that and insist that no access no deposit. Thank you my brother.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by yommyuk: 6:27am On Sep 04, 2009
every mail you send, please copy to valyntino1@yahoo.com.

@Valoskie
Are u really advising customers to send emails to a yahoo email address?
Unbelieveable wonder wonder will never end in 9ija?
Total unprofessional advise. Emails should only be sent to authentic and verified PHB email address.
That should be basic banking knowledge Madam? NA WA O

Secondly, My initial dealing with opening a NIDA a/c with PHB was very poor in regards to PHB responding to queries. However Oluchi (My relationship a/c Manager) was always at the end of the phone and she was helpful. Was her service great? Evaluating her with the working enviroment constraints she had to deal with, I will say she did ok. However the IT dept is CRAP.

I said its been 14 months and i still can't get online access
My brother It took me 8 months to gain access. undecided
According to Oluchi - The bank was undergoing a platform migration process which led to the online banking system inactivity.
My advice is to Contact oluchi on +234-1-271-9748  : +234-702-867-0448   OluchiUwandu@bankphb.com
Call her on phone letting her know that u are about to send an email to her, Make sure u call her back within the hour to confirm that she has received the email. Then probably hope for a quick response. If not chase her again on phone. It is not usually her fault, however she should still have the courtesy of updating u.

Lastly, I receive emails from Edith Okobi regarding why i have not been operating the a/c.
The answer is obvious, I AM RUNNING SCARED.
Their REP in london has assured me that all is good and well. But I have decided that Nigeria is not a country where u can leave funds in an
account for long. Imagine I still have no hard copy evidence of the BANK A/C. All I have got as proof of opening an account with PHB are emails.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH.  undecided
God willing I will be more frequent in 9ija from next year. Then Maybe I will start operating the a/c
For Now I beg na fingers crossed. First bank savings account I dey  cool!

:
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by DatNiggaAk(m): 9:29am On Sep 04, 2009
[b]i used to work with bank phb when it was still platinum bank (pre consolidation) and the customer service was
quite good. i wont use the word excellent. years later, i tried reviving my saving account which had been dormant
and their customer service in minna(where i was based then) is very poor. i had to contact a former colleague in my
old branch(opposite amigo supermarket) at abuja to help me with reactivating the account. sometimes later, i had issues with my interswitch atm card and i went to lodge a complaint at their minna branch. till date, it has not been treated and i refused to fund the account since then.

i believe its the former habib bank staff that they integrated into the bank during consolidation that is the reason for their
poor customer service. b4 consolidation, platinum bank had only abuja and kano branch in the northern part of the country.with consolidation, they expanded more than they could cope with especially with habib bank that had branches all over the north, even in new bussa. hopefully, their service might improve because the old platinum bank staff that are still with them were really good customer service managers and i hope they would impart that culture to their colleagues that came in from habib. till then, my old account will slip back into dormancy.
[/b]
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by KayPumpin1: 10:01am On Sep 04, 2009
Bank PHB, All i have to say is that they were not customer friendly some months ago but recently i went there and it was like a dream!, the Customer Service Officer i met for my transaction had all smiles  cheesy on and was willing very willing to assist. She even went the extra mile to ask me if there was any other thing i would like her to do for me, i was amazed! well i think there is a new reorientation going on some how. So i think they have learnt their lessons and are trying to redeem there image.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2009
@ A-town ~ couldnt have said it better. cheesy
Incompetent + Inefficient staff of PHB BANK!
Are cars now driving on waters?? grin
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2009
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by richkids1(m): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2009
this Bank is not so Good in my own language so i can't recommend it for anybody even my enemies
brein:

Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by BlackRevo: 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2009

Dear My Name Here.

We wish to express our profound appreciation for your continued patronage.

We would like to inform you that our online banking platform would not be available today due to some technical challenges.

However, we assure you that the platform would be back as soon as possible, and same would be communicated to you. We regret any inconvenience this would have caused you and we assure you of an improved service experience.

Once again, thank you for choosing Bank PHB.

Regards,

I got this message from oluchi today so let me wait and see if there will be improvement in their services afterwards.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does It Take To Start A Plastic Recycling Company In Lagos,nigeria? / Cargo From US To Nigeria (Jos, Abuja) / What Kind Of Supply Business Can I Start With #50,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.