Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB (11114 Views)

Which Bank Bank Accept NIN As A Form Of Identity? / CBN Revokes The Licenses Of Afribank, Spring Bank And Bank PHB / Bank Phb's Chief Executive Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Valoskie: 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2009
yommyuk,

I do respect your views, but you must know the reasons I have provided my yahoo address instead. Nairaland is a public forum and I do think it is proper to disclose my work email, the same way you have hidden your full identity. However, when you respond to my yahoo (which by the way is not a bad medium) and I can establish the genuineness of the enquiry, I will respond with my office mail.

And by the way, I provided you with PHBLINK email which is the right channel. The personal mail I asked that you use is just to get me personally involved, which I am happy to do.

I was hoping you would take me up on the issues. I take this forum as a feedback, and not a smirk or gossip. Taking it as a feedback will help us improve. Please do help us to serve you better. Thats all I ask. No one has sent a mail to me. If you already exchanged emails with my colleagues, I will follow up with them.

Once again, we want to be at your service. Watch and check us out and you may just be pleasantly surprised. Thanks and have a good weekend.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by yommyuk: 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2009
@ Valoskie

I do respect your views, but you must know the reasons I have provided my yahoo address instead. Nairaland is a public forum and I do think it is proper to disclose my work email, the same way you have hidden your full identity. However, when you respond to my yahoo (which by the way is not a bad medium) and I can establish the genuineness of the enquiry, I will respond with my office mail.

I will commend you on your willingness to help in resolving customer enquires voluntarily. However from a proffessional point of view (being someone who works in finance myself) I will not recommend customers to send banking queries to a yahoo email address. You must be aware
that anyone can set up a yahoo address OR user name on NL without no real restriction and security check. Secondly with cybercrime becoming more sophisticated, it is standard pratice by banking and financial institutions to advice against corresponding internal issues via external mediums.
So I will strongly advice you against such pratice no matter your intention. This is an internal PHB problem and must be dealt with inhouse.

Secondly, PHB must invest more resources into the customer service dept. A company with a poor customer service will quickly gain a bad reputation which is bad for the brand.

The IT Dept in my opinion is well below my expectation. Why does the system keep crashing. Is it a hardware problem? Lack of expertise? No contingency plan in place? No IT Solution?
To operate a product like NIDA, Online access is key. Most of the nigerians in the West are used to instant access to their bank account.
Lack access to their accounts will be frowned upon as a fundamental flaw. I do understand that the Infrastructure in 9ija in regards to power can be a hurdle. Therefore PHB has to improvise. Iook for a contingency plan in regards to IT solutions. Outsourcing can be the answer. or relocating the IT department or hardware to GHANA OR INDIA. Not gaining access to ones a/c online for hours let alone days/months does not give customers confidence in your organisation - NO MATTER HOW YOU PAINT IT.

Recieved an email from OLUCHI regarding system failure. - postives - KEEPING ME UPDATED smiley, Negative - MY CONFIDENCE IN PHB IS WANING FAST embarassed
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by babanassy: 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2009
ok
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by yommyuk: 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2009
Na wah o
Moderator! where is my post sad
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by yommyuk: 10:37pm On Sep 04, 2009
I will post it the 2nd time

@ Valoskie

I will commend you on your willingness to help in resolving customer enquires voluntarily. However from a proffessional point of view (being someone who works in finance myself) I will not recommend customers to send banking queries to a yahoo email address. You must be aware
that anyone can set up a yahoo address OR user name on NL without no real restriction and security check. Secondly with cybercrime becoming more sophisticated, it is standard pratice by banking and financial institutions to advice against corresponding internal issues via external mediums.
So I will strongly advice you against such pratice no matter your intention. This is an internal PHB problem and must be dealt with inhouse.

Secondly, PHB must invest more resources into the customer service dept. A company with a poor customer service will quickly gain a bad reputation which is bad for the brand.

The IT Dept in my opinion is well below my expectation. Why does the system keep crashing. Is it a hardware problem? Lack of expertise? No contingency plan in place? No IT Solution?
To operate a product like NIDA, Online access is key. Most of the nigerians in the West are used to instant access to their bank account.
Lack access to their accounts will be frowned upon as a fundamental flaw. I do understand that the Infrastructure in 9ija in regards to power can be a hurdle. Therefore PHB has to improvise. Iook for a contingency plan in regards to IT solutions. Outsourcing can be the answer. or relocating the IT department or hardware to GHANA OR INDIA. Not gaining access to ones a/c online for hours let alone days/months does not give customers confidence in your organisation - NO MATTER HOW YOU PAINT IT.

Recieved an email from OLUCHI regarding system failure. - postives - KEEPING ME UPDATED , Negative - MY CONFIDENCE IN PHB IS WANING FAST
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Valoskie: 11:28pm On Sep 04, 2009
Yommyuk,

I will not take much time on the issue of medium. The simple response I have is that I have provided you with PHBLINK email address, and I am simply not comfortable volunteering my work email on this forum. I shall obtain your contacts and get in touch with you this weekend. So, thats settled, I guess.

Bank PHB has invested human resources, money and technology to improve customer services. We are making great strides and improvements, but I will only hope that someday, others will tell you our experience if we have lost the chance to prove that directly. But I must educate you, our system never crashed. We did experience some challenges for months because we were migrating from core banking application to another. We now use Temenos 24, a system consider one of the most robust with open architecture, meaning flexibility to embed many more application, almost infinitely. Staring wasnt easy, especially being the second institution to use this application, outside the CBN. Today, we are extremely proud the effort and resources we have expended. But again, you only need to test and see for yourself.

Again, thanks for the opportunity to share these exchanges. A man convinced against his opinion is of the same opinion still. I care a little about how bad the experiences have been in the past, not anything near how I care about the future and the improvements we are recording, and someday, you will hear independent bodies like KPMG say that our customer services rank among the best in the world. We have the dedication, leadership and strategy to achieve this. We have hired the best hands to achieve this. The orientation among our workforce is ongoing. Processes are being automated and streamlined. Already, we are getting the testimony. Just one favour I continue to ask, give us another chance. The feedback you have provided shall not be in vain. I know you wish us, not bad, but to improve.

Have a beautiful good night rest.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by yommyuk: 4:01am On Sep 05, 2009
Valoskie

The simple response I have is that I have provided you with PHBLINK email address, and I am simply not comfortable volunteering my work email on this forum. cool

someday, you will hear independent bodies like KPMG say that our customer services rank among the best in the world.
Someday I just hope this is not another empty promise. U guys have to move fast. u r lucky that the competition out there are
facing the same challenges and not any better.

Concerning the NIDA - I know a lot of people who were ready to invest a few millions of Naira in PHB. But with the current struggles PHB are facing
everybody is holding back - Meaning you are losing valuable business day by day. Your agent in london (Mensah) has moved his Money transfer operation to Skye bank. That speaks volumes. So coming accross with all this business lingo (streamlining, automating, making great strides and improvements) sounds like President Yaradua's 7 point agenda.

I know you wish us, not bad, but to improve.
wink
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Valoskie: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2009
YummyUK,
Once again, your facts are not completely correct. Mensah is our agent for NIDA, not MTO. He used to do both but we now use other agents for MTO. You may check with Mensah, but we chose to use other MTO and not the other way round. The reason for the change wasnt for any form of inefficiency on the part of PHB or Mensah. But then, we are still grateful for the feedback you have provided. Thanks.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by 9jabook(m): 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2009
It sure beats me when i see posts that are not totally focussed on the original issue raised .My application for a non resident acct with phb was actually as seamless as when i reactivated my account at GTB. The issues raised then were having my proof of address which i had on hand .The account was activated within a day . i can still remember the lady  that attended to me some nice lady called oluchi. Anyway i did have some issues later  but the lady was quite helpful and it was all resolved within a few hours.at GTB when i got my mastercard network was down for a while  .Anyway not to make a lot of fuss i think bank phb is an ok bank .Even from the time of utomi of platinum .At least no mention has been made of PHB with the other five banks .If you wanna do the nida thing with phb go for it bro. Call the lady her other number is 08038968388
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by traydee: 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2009
people, lets stop making a big deal out this PHB tin, They just have to go do sometin about their IT issues. i tried sending mails to the ladies and it kept sendig the mail telin me to reconfirm my email, still notin.

@valoskie, you are representin ur bank well, however, u really need to do somtin. not just gettin feedback.

GOD HELP NIJA!!! WE GO MAKE AM.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by BlackRevo: 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2009
traydee:

people, lets stop making a big deal out this PHB tin, They just have to go do sometin about their IT issues. i tried sending mails to the ladies and it kept sendig the mail telin me to reconfirm my email, still notin.

@valoskie, you are representin your bank well, however, u really need to do somtin. not just gettin feedback.

GOD HELP NIJA!!! WE GO MAKE AM.

Well as for me i don make uturn since their internet banking no one work and abeg go open skye global account those ones no get issue at all.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by yommyuk: 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2009
Valoskie

Mensah is our agent for NIDA, not MTO. He used to do both but we now use other agents for MTO. You may check with Mensah, but we chose to use other MTO and not the other way round

So why did he change to skye bank??
Sometime in April or May 2009, I remitted some funds via Mensah (MTO) I paid the money in on Wednesday and the funds was not released till the following Tueday. undecided It was supposed to be same day clearance service. Normally I would have sent the funds on a Friday but with PHB anything is possible. In my book that means UNRELIABLE. This happened more than 3 times. To my recollection the fault was with PHB. The excuse was Head office has not credited the funds. UNBELIEVABLE.
I started using MONEYLINEUK (An asian) everytime I send money the agent has to always followup the transaction. SAME O SAME O
embarassed undecided cry
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nick1: 7:44am On Sep 06, 2009
Valoskie,
When I introduced the post about PHB bank, I never thought it would generate such a strong passion from fellow nairalanders. This level of concern about the efficiency and effectiveness of an institution especially in the banking industry only suggest how much we expect our banks to perform to a higher standard because our hard earned monies are involved.

I commend you for a good job well done so far in exhibiting maturity in responding to the concerns and worries people have about your bank. Your responses are certainly assuring and they have helped to alleviate my fear about your bank's operational effeciencies and capabilities. You will get my vote for a higher position in your bank.
In the meantime, get the best technology for your IT dept because as the global economy continues to run on a 24hr circle so would your investors or account holders desire to have instant access to their funds at anytime and at anywhere.
Also, record every caller's coversation with your bank for later use in training or re-training your staffs on how to deal with angry, concerncerned, worried, troulbled current and potential customers. I wish you and your bank the very best.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nick1: 8:51am On Sep 06, 2009
PHB is at the top in the list of the banks I am considering to have business with. One factor which makes PHB at the top of my list is because of its Easy remit service. It is similar to that of UBA remit service ( i use it for my UBA NRN account) which is cheaper and equally faster as with SWIFT service employed by other banks.
Skye bank is great but they don't have their own remit service and Diamond bank is excellent, but their minimum opening amount of N1000000.00 seams unreasonable and they don't also have a direct remit service.
One thing I dislike about the SWIFT service is that your bank which process the transfer charges you a fee and the intermediary bank also charges you a fee. But with the remit service, you are charged once and it is much cheaper even though there is a restriction on the amount you can send at one time or in a given period; $7500 maximum and total of $50,000 in six months.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Valoskie: 9:41am On Sep 06, 2009
Once more, thank you to all who commented, both for complimentary and uncomplimentary comments. Like I asured earlier, all feedbacks have been taken in good faith. I am a senior officer of the bank, and so the comments have reached the highest echelon of the bank. The responses we have provided is not a seven point agenda, but a promise whose fulfilment has begun. God bless you all in your endeavours. And by the way, I use to be like you guys. Studied and lived abroad, but I decided to come home to contribute my quota. So, I have tested the two worlds and I can assure you, things are getting better, even though sometimes they dont seem so. Nice Sunday.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by BlackRevo: 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2009
Nick1:

PHB is at the top in the list of the banks I am considering to have business with. One factor which makes PHB at the top of my list is because of its Easy remit service. It is similar to that of UBA remit service ( i use it for my UBA NRN account) which is cheaper and equally faster as with SWIFT service employed by other banks.
Skye bank is great but they don't have their own remit service and Diamond bank is excellent, but their minimum opening amount of N1000000.00 seams unreasonable and they don't also have a direct remit service.
One thing I dislike about the SWIFT service is that your bank which process the transfer charges you a fee and the intermediary bank also charges you a fee. But with the remit service, you are charged once and it is much cheaper even though there is a restriction on the amount you can send at one time or in a given period; $7500 maximum and total of $50,000 in six months.

Thanks for this write-up and i never knew the intermediary bank will also charge me for the swift transfer. i just did mine for the first time with skye bank on Friday but it will be executed 2moro. So i will wait and see how it goes and tell it all here later. Well as for UBA they were among the pioneers in this diaspora accounts but my friends had some problems then so thats why when i did mine i never bothered about them. Diamond does not know that not every one abroad are business people when they demanded for such a huge amount. Some people are students who want to run just a basic account. About that double charges with swift, i think there is a new EU transfer policy called SEPA which is free for transfer within the EU? The easy remit does not work in the EU except united kingdom.

For bank phb please can you add this to our complaints that internet access to our accounts and convenient ability to transfer funds in and out of our account is a basic and foremost requirements we ask from you. Please fulfill these things before adding services like ability to buy shares, buy lands,properties and other services. Please once again that is a foremost and the most basic requirements we want from you.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by yommyuk: 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2009
@Black-Revo

For bank phb please can you add this to our complaints that internet access to our accounts and convenient ability to transfer funds in and out of our account is a basic and foremost requirements we ask from you. Please fulfill these things before adding services like ability to buy shares, buy lands,properties and other services. Please once again that is a foremost and the most basic requirements we want from you.

Lack access to their accounts will be frowned upon as a fundamental flaw

Why on earth will i give them a try. 14 months to get access to my own damn account.

I know you wish us, not bad, but to improve. cool
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nick1: 8:44am On Sep 07, 2009
@ Black-Revo

Thanks for this write-up and i never knew the intermediary bank will also charge me for the swift transfer. i just did mine for the first time with Skye bank on Friday but it will be executed 2moro.

My regular bank in Chicago charges $45.00 and the intermediary bank (The New York Bank) charges $10.00 each time I use the SWIFT service. I have since stopped using the SWIFT when my UBA RM told me about the UBA remit service. I like the UBAremit and PHB Easyremit services because, you can conveniently carry out your money transfer activities in your house as long as you are connected to the internet.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nick1: 8:56am On Sep 07, 2009
Hi Valoskie,

@ Blacko-Revo;
Lack access to their accounts will be frowned upon as a fundamental flaw

Why on earth will i give them a try. 14 months to get access to my own damn account.

I am willing to give your bank a try and I hope it won't take 14 months for me to access my account. Thank you.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by JOSEPHOKO(m): 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2009
LAI LAI!! I CANT TRANSACT WITH PHB OR WHATEVER THEY CALL IT FOR ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD.

IT IS NOT EVEN WORTHY OF THE NAME BANK
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nick1: 11:37pm On Dec 14, 2009
Hello guys,
I gave PHB a chance to fail me but they have not since I opened my NIDA accounts a few weeks ago. I had access to my accounts the same day my account numbers were provided to me, which was the second day after I sent my scanned documents along with the application.  I guess the pressure in the Nigerian banking industry is making everyone to buckle up.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by abiola70: 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2010
Talking about Bankphb,its the most useless bank in Nigeria for now.i was in Nigeria last year and i tried to open a domiciliary account in Us $$ with this useless bank.it took them about 2 months before my account was activated.and i later ask for their $$ mastercard in the month of October,i gave all their requirement,it took them 3 months before i got the credit card.
The dom account was opened in the month of November.when i was preparing to come back to Europe,i said let me save my gains from my business to the dom account,i decided to try and see if the dom account was working,i tried to withdraw $50 before saving to the account.I was told at one of their branches that i was having no money in the account.i became furious and i have to go to the branch where i opened the account and it took them 3 days to fix the issue.So i came back to Europe with my money at least d Europe banks knows what they are doing.
As for the US $ master card,since i got it January this yr,i never tried it.2 days a go,one of my customers in Nigeria wanted to pay me and i gave him my phb credit card account number to pay in the money,on getting to the bank,my customer was told that my credit card account has problem so he can't pay in to the account.immediately,i called my account officer,he told me to call yesterday.i then cal the customer service to help me check what's wrong,the lady told me to call back in d next 10 Min's,up till now,she doesn't pick my call.My customer have gone to Cotonou to send me the money via western union.I even mail them but no reply.
So for me,BANKPHB is not a bank just full of ass hole.I will never do biz with them again and when next i get to Nigeria,I'm closing the two accounts i have with them.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by abiola70: 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2010
My fellow Nigerians,please non of you should use the useless bankphb.it isn't a bank.Poor service.even my account officer there told me he has left the bank to another bank.Till i get to Nigeria next month before i will know what to do to that stupid lady at the helpdesk.
All this happened to me at their dugbe branch at Ibadan.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by yommyuk: 6:34pm On Jun 26, 2010
PHB - Defend ya sef grin
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by abiola70: 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2010
they are useless bank.they have no saying.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by Nick1: 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2010
phb, when are you going to respond to all these negative reviews about your services
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by abiola70: 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2010
they will not reply bcuz they knows the truth.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by eewule(m): 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2011
I have been using bankPHB from the Uk, for over 2 years. have been operating my NIDA account via internet banking and it works like any foreign bank I know. Though I have never been able to use their easyRemit to transfer money home. The last time I tested it with just £20, the money vanished and never reached my other BankPHB (naira) account.

Their Nida staff Edith Okobi and Oluchi Uwandu are very good at what they do and are directly in touch regarding my account operations. Although the staff at branch the Nwaga branch in PH are realy useless. On 2 occasions while in naija I have tried to carry out transaction in their branch and they are very unreliable and keep acting as if they are doing you a favour to attend to you.

Overall I do see small efforts from them to improve services but they need to do more.
Re: Platinum Habib Bank / Bank PHB by belod4me(m): 7:23am On Jan 27, 2011
I actually have my salary, savings,and domiciliary acct with the bank PHB, on many occasions I'd gone there to close my accounts due to delay in postage of my salary after when my friends had finished spending their salary that's when phb will post mine. Bad services

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2000$ BITCOIN needed asap.. Bring any quantity...Instant Payment, no stories / Cargo From US To Nigeria (Jos, Abuja) / US Import Of Nigerian Oil Hits 42-month High

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.