Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! (80932 Views)

Pictures Of Rain From The Sky / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by jtkoko9(f): 4:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
Same thought when i saw it through my window this morning. quote author=bigtt76 post=46808814]Those are trailing smokes from Aircrafts flying through the sky. The weather is a lot cold and misty this morning that's why you are seeing this.

Regular feature in Europe undecided[/quote]
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by richeeyo(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
Many people no school na mouth them get how can this be a jet trail,look at the angel of elevation it was a projectile fired maybe a missiles, or some rocket . if a jet should climb into the sky like that it would stall. even the F35 lightening ll can't do that
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by cmart09(m): 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2016
Chamtrails don start for nija too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by cmart09(m): 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
Chamtrails is what it is, an it hazardous to human health.
Research for yourselves, geoengineering
go to YouTube search Rosalind Peterson testimony.

these acts goes further to show that climate change is been manipulated to suit a purpose of world control.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by ReachHard: 5:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
THIS MAN (@OP), YOU NO GET WORK AT ALL.. I HOPE YOU REGISTERED FOR ''N-POWER'' TOO? SMH undecided

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
ExAngel007:
U.F.O

alien space craft

Exactly... But if really they come to naija, we go survive?
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Eidris01(m): 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
It could be meteoroid
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by dukeprince50: 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
I saw similar tin at ph, na all dese jet, spaceship thiny flying i guess.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by jpphilips(m): 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
It is called Aircraft contrail.

Condensation trails, called contrails, are generated at altitudes high enough for water droplets to freeze in a matter of seconds and not quickly evaporate - typically where the temperatures are below -38 degrees Celcius.

Contrails can form through the addition of water vapor to the air from the jet engine exhaust. Even tiny nuclei released in the exhaust fumes may be sufficient to generate ice crystals, and hence, condensation trails.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by jpphilips(m): 6:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
richeeyo:
Many people no school na mouth them get
how can this be a jet trail,look at the angel of
elevation it was a projectile fired
maybe a missiles, or some rocket .
if a jet should climb into the sky like that it would stall.
even the F35 lightening ll can't do that

SMH, bushmo
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by idupaul: 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
tdayof:
and you should learn to quote on what you know alone. Now tell me how a subsonic aircraft will leave such trail when it's not conducting an Air drill.
That sign is most likely left by a military plane.
Leaving a contrail at such altitude in Abuja by a subsonic aircraft is unlikely.
Eve
The contrail is of one line, meaning a jet with one engine left such thing. That's definitely a military aircraft .

Please don't come to my field and lecture me sir ..speed is no requisite for a contrail ..a contrail just requires the right environmental parameter which is hot air meeting cold dense air ..do u know on very cold mornings even Ur car exhaust does same. .for your info there is currently no commercial or private jet that can reach machine which is the sound barrier , even our military currently don't have any air craft that can go supersonsonic ,on paper the Chengdu F7 can but I doubt any of our pilots will try it with that jet for safety reasons .. I hope u have been schooled on this now ..bless
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by DifferentBoy1(m): 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2016
Jet fumes jorh
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by coolniyi99(m): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
It's called chemitrails ....they are sprayed in the air by foreign airplanes....
The school of thought are

1) they are sprayed to alter weather. A.k.a, weather engineering. Weather engineering can cause an increase or decrease in rainfall. And you already know the implications of that.

2) they are spraying chemical dusts that can cause sickness or diseases

3) they are spraying chemicals that will deliberately destroy the ozone layer.... This will increase the intensity of the sun.. Thus causing illnesses.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Dolazee(f): 8:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
Funny pple
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Cavenchy(m): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
bigtt76:
Those are trailing smokes from Aircrafts flying through the sky. The weather is a lot cold and misty this morning that's why you are seeing this.

Regular feature in Europe undecided

Yer true that, they are everywhere, took this snapshot a couple of minutes ago.

3 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by obialinaeze(m): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
bigtt76:
Those are trailing smokes from Aircrafts flying through the sky. The weather is a lot cold and misty this morning that's why you are seeing this.

have you been to Europe?
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by tdayof(m): 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
idupaul:

Please don't come to my field and lecture me sir ..speed is no requisite for a contrail ..a contrail just requires the right environmental parameter which is hot air meeting cold dense air ..do u know on very cold mornings even Ur car exhaust does same. .for your info there is currently no commercial or private jet that can reach machine which is the sound barrier , even our military currently don't have any air craft that can go supersonsonic ,on paper the Chengdu F7 can but I doubt any of our pilots will try it with that jet for safety reasons .. I hope u have been schooled on this now ..bless

I am sorry but I don't know what your field is. And sorry did you just say no commercial plane can break the sound barrier? Am sorry but that's my field. Ever heard of Concord? Concord can move at the speed of light. Am sorry but Chengdu F-7 will move on mach one if needed too and not on paper. And I will love to know your feed.
And the contrail i know what it is, it can be triggered by speed during high thrust.
...And moreover that picture wasn't caused by a subsonic plane. That's a very low altitude for contrail to be triggered by water vapor in an aircraft engine.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by idupaul: 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
tdayof:

I am sorry but I don't know what your field is. And sorry did you just say no commercial plane can break the sound barrier? Am sorry but that's my field. Ever heard of Concord? Concord can move at the speed of light. Am sorry but Chengdu F-7 will move on mach one if needed too and not on paper. And I will love to know your feed.
And the contrail i know what it is, it can be triggered by speed during high thrust.
...And moreover that picture wasn't caused by a subsonic plane. That's a very low altitude for contrail to be triggered by water vapor in an aircraft engine.

The concorde has been retired for years so now there is non..the best you can get now is the Gulf Stream G550 which still falls about 400 km an he behind the supersonic mach. So there is currently non like I schooled you earlier..did you just say speed of light?
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by tdayof(m): 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
idupaul:

The concorde has been retired for years so now there is non..the best you can get now is the Gulf Stream G550 which still falls about 400 km an he behind the supersonic mach. So there is currently non like I schooled you earlier..did you just say speed of light?
speed of sound. Typographical error.. Mach
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by SensaGreene: 9:29pm On Jun 22, 2016
Ok so I saw it this morning around lokogoma. I also noticed a small white rocket thingy where the fumes emanated from. However, I cannot verify thay its a rocket.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by abigail4luv(f): 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2016
Strange
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by titjide: 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
richeeyo:
Many people no school na mouth them get
how can this be a jet trail,look at the angel of
elevation it was a projectile fired
maybe a missiles, or some rocket .
if a jet should climb into the sky like that it would stall.
even the F35 lightening ll can't do that

See how he sounds so sure.. Nigerians eeeh! I saw the Jet when it was making this Trail. I was at Gwarimpa,Abuja. Missiles ko, Muscle ni. You people just like unnecessary panic. And O.P you didn't try, because you knew what made the Trail, why try to paint the unnecessary? #Itsabeautifulbluesky
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by BlessedSpirit: 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
common, that thing is called contrail...it's artificial cloud made by the exhaust of aircraft.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by omenka1: 11:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
OP u still dey there? u no go run for ur lyf?
That thing na one of d missiles wey IPOB b plan to use hit aso rock. Beta take cover because u r yet to see 5 of such lines, dat is if u survive dis one ooo
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by jannykellys(f): 12:55am On Jun 23, 2016
Lolz
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by thor231: 2:11am On Jun 23, 2016
Up to what though, just curious!

Tellemall:

Wow, the skies look beautiful where you are.

Those smoke trails look like the launch of something. Could it possibly be the Nigerian Army at work? The Buhari administration up to something?

Cc: Lalasticlala

grin
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by IntroVAT: 2:26am On Jun 23, 2016
bigtt76:

Lol true
It litters the sky in London. Criss-cross everywhere. Little wonder they don't crash into themselves
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Superiorwords: 10:54am On Jun 23, 2016
sheunsheun:
I saw it too OP, it was strange at 1st, cuz it looks like a missile or rocket been lunched, but then after it balanced, it was obviously an aircraft. But am still surprised cuz ve neva seen an aircraft shoot into the sky like that, and it was moving at a relatively high speed.
The trajectory is what bothers me tho...
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by themanderon: 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
SensaGreene:
Ok so I saw it this morning around lokogoma. I also noticed a small white rocket thingy where the fumes emanated from. However, I cannot verify thay its a rocket.

your head dey there. that's what I saw too never an aircraft.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by richeeyo(m): 9:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
titjide:

See how he sounds so sure.. Nigerians eeeh! I saw the Jet when it was making this Trail. I was at Gwarimpa,Abuja. Missiles ko, Muscle ni. You people just like unnecessary panic. And O.P you didn't try, because you knew what made the Trail, why try to paint the unnecessary? #Itsabeautifulbluesky

thunder fire you my Padi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inside Unhatched Egg Of Dinosaur That Lived In Argentina 80 Million Yrs Ago (Pix / Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos) / Two Big Cats Killed In My Bedroom After They Engaged In Serious Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.